Maxi Dresses
141 Members and 10171 Guests Online

Among Friends

are there any indoor dog walking places?

Started 1262988893 in Among Friends | Last reply 1263344010 by BeanCounter17
replies
I live in the midwest and it's very cold out here. My dogs love to go for walks and so do I. We have gone for some walks but on one of our walks I fell twice and now I am a little scared of walking out doors. Some people shovel there walk and some don't so has anyone ever heard of dog walking places that are indoor in Wisconsin.

Page 1 of 1
rainyinnor­thwest12629900502485 PostsRegistered 11/7/2007Evergreen State
Have you tryed Google?
Think i would put somehing in like Indoor dog walks in WI.

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings...we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick....we are flexible.

snocool12631810562542 PostsRegistered 12/25/2004
Another vote for Yak Trax. They really work! You can get them or similar in your local sporting goods store.
I do not know of any indoor dog walking places. We have the same problem her in New England. My DH wears snow shoes when he walks my big Lab in the woods and Yak Tracks for street walking.

sandy531263184324831 PostsRegistered 1/10/2008
I've been walking my dog indoors at the school where I work. I go off-hours, of course. I will retire this spring, so I will lose this perk. If you know any school personnel they might be able to help you.
Contact your local kennel club for suggestions.

kachina624126319670012887 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004New Mexico
Some malls have early morning mall walkers. I wonder if they'd let you bring a dog? How about the track at your high school; do they plow it?
--
“Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

BeanCounte­r1712633438575015 PostsRegistered 8/21/2006Virginia
Not saying they don't exist just that I've never heard of an indoor dog walking place. As for slipping/sliding, add me as another for YakTrax. Bought my 80+ y/o father a set years ago and they are great. In VA we just had 2 ft of snow right before Christmas and he used them a lot during this time - they are not good in just snow but great in packed down snow and ice. I was so impressed that I just bought two additional pair - one for me and another for my sister. She fell at work. We both now keep them in our glove compartment of the car. That way wherever you are, these usually are with you also unless you get into the car with someone else to go off somewhere.

BeanCounte­r1712633440105015 PostsRegistered 8/21/2006Virginia
> Some malls have early morning mall walkers. I wonder
> if they'd let you bring a dog? How about the track
> at your high school; do they plow it?
>

Can't say it is so where she lives but I used to walk the mall with a program they had at 8am before the mall opened at 10. There were very specific rules posted about animals in the mall. Only guidedogs/service animals were allowed.

Page 1 of 1