Creede Silver Sale
133 Members and 12443 Guests Online

All About Shoes

If you have cold feet, merino wool socks ROCK!

Started 1321464487.117 in All About Shoes | Last reply 1325886732.587 by mima

Just got these and they are the best thing ever! I can't say enough. They are so soft and comfy. They fit perfect and I can't feel the seams at the toes which is a big issue with me. They warm your feet immediately, but your feet don't sweat. Love them!

I wear a women's 8 1/2 dress shoe or a 9 athletic shoe and the mediums are perfect for me. I ordered both medium and large (for DH). I tried on his large ones and they were too big for me. He wears a 9 1/2 EEE and the large ones fit him perfect.

Get them if you have cold feet!

Mima

Page 1 of 1
mima1321464664.42314448 PostsRegistered 10/19/2004KS
blue_weima­raner1321466292.191138 PostsRegistered 7/17/2007Pennsylvania

I wear wool socks all year, even in the summer. (I wear boots all year too, and you have to have a good sock on) Wool breathes, and stays warm even when wet. I buy Wigwam's....I see that these ones from the Q that you linked above are also made in the U.S. like Wigwam's. Nice! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

my weimaraner is smarter than your honor student

* whatever doesn't kill me had better start running *

FashionFre­nzy1322632379.7721 PostsRegistered 4/22/2006Oklahoma

These socks rock!!! I have several pairs of the Merino Wool Boot socks. They are great to wear with boots for cushion, and warmth and also so the boots fit better. Have always had to put insoles into boots and wear thick socks, with these I don't need an insole! LOVE!!!

Jrose1323788094.1920 PostsRegistered 8/16/2006Virginia

I hear so many good things about these socks and would love to purchase some for my husband as stocking stuffers, but they don't carry his size. It looks like the size stops at Large. Is there somewhere else I can purchase Merino wool socks?

TN halfback1323789044.132691 PostsRegistered 1/20/2008

I've ordered these over the years & have several pair, they do fit great & are very warm. The one negative with these socks is they pill very badly. You might want to turn inside out to wash.

mima1323871040.0414448 PostsRegistered 10/19/2004KS
On 12/13/2011 TN halfback said:

I've ordered these over the years & have several pair, they do fit great & are very warm. The one negative with these socks is they pill very badly. You might want to turn inside out to wash.

Mine haven't pilled yet, but I haven't had them for real long either. If you turn them inside out does that keep them from pilling totally or do they pill on the inside? I think I'd rather have the pills on the outside than on the inside. My feet are really sensitive. I can't stand seams at the toe unless they are really smooth. No one sees my socks anyway.

"Some" of the reviews say they get holes in them. I keep watching for holes, but none yet. If they last an entire season, I will be happy since I love them so much.

Mima

blue_weima­raner1323872022.581138 PostsRegistered 7/17/2007Pennsylvania
On 12/13/2011 Jrose said:

I hear so many good things about these socks and would love to purchase some for my husband as stocking stuffers, but they don't carry his size. It looks like the size stops at Large. Is there somewhere else I can purchase Merino wool socks?

Hi Jrose. My DH is a size 15, so I have to make sure I buy him XL socks. The colors are a little bit limited in the XL but here's some links: (Amazon)

Carhart Men's Traditional Merino Wool Work Sock

Lorpen Merino Hiker Socks (My husband likes this brand)

Wigwam Unisex Merino Comfort Hiker 2 pack socks (I live in these)

(You can also find any of these brands at Gander Mountain, Cabela's, Bass Pro and sports stores.... HTH)

my weimaraner is smarter than your honor student

* whatever doesn't kill me had better start running *

TN halfback1323873751.372691 PostsRegistered 1/20/2008
On 12/14/2011 mima said:
On 12/13/2011 TN halfback said:

<em>I've ordered these over the years & have several pair, they do fit great & are very warm. The one negative with these socks is they pill very badly. You might want to turn inside out to wash.</em>

Mine haven't pilled yet, but I haven't had them for real long either. If you turn them inside out does that keep them from pilling totally or do they pill on the inside? I think I'd rather have the pills on the outside than on the inside. My feet are really sensitive. I can't stand seams at the toe unless they are really smooth. No one sees my socks anyway.

"Some" of the reviews say they get holes in them. I keep watching for holes, but none yet. If they last an entire season, I will be happy since I love them so much.

I can't say if the inside would pill or not since I've never turned mine inside out but wish I had. I don't think the inside would pill since all the "fuzzies" are on the outside. Guess you could try it both ways.

As for the holes..yes..eventually every sock gets a hole where my big toe is. I know it's not my toes doing it. I get regular pedicures & keep my toenails short. They really need to work on that problem.

I'm with you, if they last a season, I'm happy. I have the coldest piggy toes! I'm spending this winter in FL (yeah!) but even here my feet are cold if temps. drop below 65. Just a wimp! Smile

Cobra Chick1325721615.903264 PostsRegistered 10/23/2010Detroit, MI

I don't have these, but have purchased a bunch of Goodhew and Smart Wool socks this winter since I have Raynauds, which has flared up big time. Nothing beats wools socks! Some of them are pilling since I keep forgetting to turn them inside out (yeah, that goes over well since I am constantly nagging at DH & DS NOT to turn their socks inside out when they take them off!) Wool socks rock!

I'm another who's got on socks as soon as them temp gets below 70 - which is pretty much 10 months a year in MI.

Tracy - formerly known as TwilightZone22
Age 45, red hair, green eyes, skin - very fair, cool toned, oily, blemish prone

mima1325886732.58714448 PostsRegistered 10/19/2004KS
On 1/4/2012 Cobra Chick said:

I don't have these, but have purchased a bunch of Goodhew and Smart Wool socks this winter since I have Raynauds, which has flared up big time. Nothing beats wools socks! Some of them are pilling since I keep forgetting to turn them inside out (yeah, that goes over well since I am constantly nagging at DH & DS NOT to turn their socks inside out when they take them off!) Wool socks rock!

I'm another who's got on socks as soon as them temp gets below 70 - which is pretty much 10 months a year in MI.

I do too. I sure wish there was a fix for it. I hate being cold. I can't even wear sandals in the summer because my feet get cold. People look at me like I'm weird when I am wearing a heavy coat and it isn't even very cold outside.

This is the first time ever that my feet have not been cold. In fact, I haven't worn regular socks since I got my merino wool socks.

Edited to correct spelling. I tried sandles (didn't look right), sandels (still didn't look right)and then used the spellcheck and found the spelling to be s-a-n-d-a-l-s. LOL

Last edited on 1/6/2012

Last edited on 1/6/2012

Mima

Page 1 of 1