The Joy of Christmas
128 Members and 11977 Guests Online

mizmolly's Activity

Re: I HATE 24 HRS OF ANYTHING!!!

In Fashion Talk 1363968829.683

Welll... 24/7/365 jewelry shows seem to work okay for JTV... :) Continue Reading

Re: Walmart spring fashion finds...true light weight gauze...

In Fashion Talk 1363968571.983

If you like all-cotton tops, don't forget to check jcp. At the website a couple of days ago I was surprised at all the cotton b/c I prefer a 'little' poly ... eeeek...ducking the rotten tomatoes now! :) ... Surprisingly they also had several tops in "linen"-cotton which I love, hadn't seen a lot of that around lately. Continue Reading

Re: Project Runway Teams

In Fashion Talk 1363967083.727

Debbie1426 -- It's on Lifetime. Think it used to be on Bravo (...?...) but pretty sure that was several seasons ago. ----- running shelby -- Although Project is my alltime-favorite 'guilty pleasure,' and although I'm enjoying the team thing a lot more than I thought I would... do agree with you re last night. I did adore the basic idea of silk&suede but the dress itself didn't look all that wearable. Loved the overall look of the orange pants/top & below-knee orange sheath too, but again, not something I'd wear. I guess we need to keep in mind that they were going for the youth m... Continue Reading

Re: Mature Skin

In Beauty Banter 1363965305.513

I suspect a lot of it also has to do with illnesses/meds & with unusual/persistent stress. I saw the way many of my female relatives aged, and I'd say my genes might've allowed me to age rather more ... hm... 'gracefully' without all that :) edited to add 'unprotected sun exposure' to that list ... Most of my female relatives loved sun as much as I did except they had sense enough not to expose their 'faces' to as much sun as I did! Last edited on 3/22/2013 Continue Reading

Re: TOO FACED PREMIER TOMORROW ON HSN

In Beauty Banter 1363964819.333

Hi ladies -- I know next to nil re the TF line in general. However... if they offer their Shadow Insurance in Lemon Drop, do try it if you happen to need an effective lid primer. Definitely not as yellow as it sounds :) ... juuust enough to disappear lid discoloration. Helps beautifully with both the oily-lids thing plus the crepe-y lids thing, so of course it does keep shadow on longer. I've been comparing Lemon Drop with UD's highly-recc'd 'primer potion' for a few weeks. Both are really good but must say I prefer the TF. Thought I'd mention this in case it's on some sort of special at t... Continue Reading

Re: fragrance lovers -- anyone ever tried one of these...? ..

In Beauty Banter 1363286435.003

Hi katkitty -- Have you tried any of them? Was wondering about any 'personal' reaction to/ opinion of/ description of any of them (esp. the Vetiver & the Rose) -- and any 'personal' experience re lasting power ... or, 'lack thereof' :) --------------------- BTW -- They're sold by a large Canadian dept. store chain. In the US, full sizes are sold by Lord & Taylor , & sample 'decants' at The Perfumed Court website. Last edited on 3/14/2013 Continue Reading

Re: fragrance lovers -- anyone ever tried one of these...? ..

In Beauty Banter 1363286203.18

Hi Retired08! ... As far as I know, the company has only four fragrances. I think the 'full names' of the 2 I mentioned above are Vetiver of Haiti, & Noble Rose of Afghan -- & the other 2, if I recall correctly, are Middle East Peace, & Afghan Orange Blossom. Continue Reading

fragrance lovers -- anyone ever tried one of these...? ..

Last Reply by katkitty 1363288092.957 | Started by mizmolly in Beauty Banter

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- Four different fragrances, from The 7 Virtues Beauty Inc. Interesting Canadian company with something of a 'mission / philosophy'. It has a website but I first noticed the fragrances at theperfumedcourt dot com All 4 sound lovely but 2 I was most interested in = Vetiver, & Noble Rose. Continue Reading

Re: Hi I'm beauty junkie,thread killer!!

In Beauty Banter 1363284197.233

Hi y'all ladieeeez! Desertdi : So nice to know sommmmebody knows sommmething about sommme place not TOO awfully far from our Rural Wilds... :). Yep, Monti's a real stunner. Argyll : Thanks for mentioning you successfully returned something to a drugstore --- particularly Walgreen's as that's fairly new to our 'local area' so I haven't bought any cosmetics there yet. Never had a single problem returning cosmetics to CVS or RiteAid which have been in the local area -- for us that's about 15 miles away! -- since well before we moved there. ... Even though I've always had the d/s receipt, pr... Continue Reading

Re: Shame on you Baby Lips Coral Crush!

In Beauty Banter 1363280962.17

Not sure here but just assuming you do want 'some' color but more like 'sheer' color...? If so, Maybelline Color Whisper might be worth a try (at least it's relatively inexpensive / easy to find). Continue Reading

Page 1 of 89
1 2 3 4 ...89Next