Give Gorgeous
85 Members and 11991 Guests Online

HappyDaze's Activity

Re: Bamboo Oil?

In WEN 1414711365.693

I wouldn't mind trying this oil too! Continue Reading

Re: Anyone try Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura oil products?

In Beauty Banter 1414710142.377

On 10/30/2014 Nightowlz said: On 10/30/2014 HappyDaze said: On 10/30/2014 Nightowlz said: It's only available at Target. I was checking it out yesterday. Since it's limited I doubt I will try it. I will like it & not be able to get it. We don't have a Target here either. I looked for the ingredients in the shampoo but did not find them. Need to look some more. I did read where it said the honey in the shampoo is listed as honey not manuka honey. I doubt any of the products have manuka honey in them. They would cost more money since manuka honey is expensive. I posted the link to where yo... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1414709071.703

On 10/30/2014 Nightowlz said: It's only available at Target. I was checking it out yesterday. Since it's limited I doubt I will try it. I will like it & not be able to get it. We don't have a Target here either. I looked for the ingredients in the shampoo but did not find them. Need to look some more. I did read where it said the honey in the shampoo is listed as honey not manuka honey. I doubt any of the products have manuka honey in them. They would cost more money since manuka honey is expensive. I posted the link to where you can see the ingredients. Not even "honey" is listed in the... Continue Reading

Re: Sciatica?

In Health & Fitness 1414708983.5

I had a severe case of this awhile back and had for many years but thanks to my excellent physical therapist, I no longer suffer from it. He gave me great exercises to do at home to help prevent it and to do if I ever have the issue again. I'd really recommend a physical therapist. I am so thrilled not to have that pain anymore! Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1414708596.357

On 10/30/2014 BellaCarro said: Saw the ad in Allure today and it grabbed my attention. Irritating that the ingredient is really only in the conditioner. I sort of expected better of Shea Moisture for some reason. Where in the deck is the honey in the conditioner? yeah a little "key ingredients" box says it contains the manuka honey but it clearly doesn't. If Target had had the body wash, I would have picked it up. Still cannot find ingredients for it. Here is the list of ingredients for the shampoo, conditioner and hair mask: http://confessionsofablogvixen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/shea... Continue Reading

Re: Now I'm confused -- Oils v. Moisturizers

In Beauty Banter 1414708410.897

On 10/30/2014 BellaCarro said: To throw a wrench into it all... I recently added a very ceramide rich serum to my regimen since I have extremely dry skin and was getting a little redness. In three days the ceramides have begun to do their job. The redness has diminished (that could also be some condition healing) but the recent bout of dryness has improved. I'll be checking out SkinActives I guess to find ceramides to add to the next batch of lotion crafting. that makes sense though since ceramides are pretty much all about drawing in and retaining moisture in the skin (lipid barrier). Sounds... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1414708117.013

Thanks Suzy. I was at Target and that is where I first saw it. I read the shampoo label a million times and it kept saying manuka honey but there was none in the ingredient list! The conditioner had it, just not the shampoo. Nothing on the label said anything about it being limited edition either so that is good to know. Continue Reading

Re: FTP 3pc kit info straight from the horse's mouth ;)

In WEN 1414707544.03

On 10/30/2014 brewhaha said: That's might naaayyy-borly of you. good one, brew! Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1414707385.423

On 10/30/2014 BellaCarro said: Wow! You just penned a new rock group name! The Occlusive Radicals!! Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1414707286.76

On 10/30/2014 suzyQ3 said: On 10/30/2014 HappyDaze said: that is funny because doesn't Josie say over and over how it moisturizes your skin and smooths out wrinkles? Well, if it didn't penetrate the skin (i.e. JUST sits atop it), how could it do any of that? But I digress, lol! So, oils, imho, shouldn't be the sole source of moisturization. They DO deliver important nutrients (fatty acids, squalene, vitamins, etc) to the skin, some better than others due to the type of oil and its molecular size and ability to penetrate the various layers of the skin, but I think oils work best by supporting ... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1582
1 2 3 4 ...1582Next