Maxi Dresses
116 Members and 9395 Guests Online

DeePa's Activity

Re: Do you LOVE your DISHWASHER?

In Fashion Talk 1398277150.83

I just purchased a new dishwasher and am more than pleased with it ....to my surprise. I bought the Kitchenaid w/stainless steel tub and controls on the outside. It was appx. $800 but on sale (if that's a sale) but it actually does everything they claim. It is so quiet that I still find myself checking to see if it is running. It cleans all the pots/pans, temptations, lock&lock,etc and does not leave any food residue or scratches behind. I am learning all the different cycles depending on what I have in there, etc. but it does the job no matter what buttons I push. It is energy efficient ... Continue Reading

Re: Need new washing machine

In For the Home Talk 1398275698.61

I have had to start the replacing of all my appliances within the last few years and boy.....what an education. They don't make them like the ones we are replacing. My washer and dryer went first so I finally decided on Samsung front loaders. I was not a fan of the front loaders but I needed ones large enough for king size bedding. I was also tired of either twisting my back or fighting with the laundry trying to get it out of the washer. I'm pleased with them but it took me a while to adjust to the "new" method of washing. I had checked around with some friends of mine who also had to re... Continue Reading

Re: I Need a Cuticle Fix

In Beauty Banter 1397747420.5

I always had a problem with my cuticles and do my own manicures. I found T.I.P.S. on QVC and the improvement is 100% better! It is so easy to do and fast. It absorbs quickly into the nail and cuticle and can be used on natural or painted nails. I would not be without it. Hope this gives you the same results it gives me. Continue Reading

Re: Black or Stainless Steel

In For the Home Talk 1397597475.357

I actually prefer white but I purchased black. My problem was that my stove is black and I knew that I did not want two different color of appliances in my kitchen. I know that I will have to replace the stove in the next year or so but it just was not in the budget to purchase more than one appliance at a time. I have an average size kitchen and the black actually fades away in the row of cabinets. That is exactly what I was hoping for! I think that it creates the illusion of a larger area. I'm not a fan of stainless steel. I prefer the brass tone hardware. My sister in law had a bad expe... Continue Reading

Re: Steam mop help

In For the Home Talk 1397580014.19

I love my Hann steam mop! I have the floor model because I purchased it a few years ago. I had also purchased a portable steamer for the all the other surfaces that I wanted to clean. This system works well for my needs but this all in one type was not available when I did my shopping. I think it depends on how much above floor steaming you have on your list. If you have move to steam clean than the counter tops and you have a lot of odd shaped areas to steam (like in the bathrooms, etc.) then I'm sure this unit would do all that. I have to admit that I love the convenience feature of having... Continue Reading

Re: Does anyone else feel this way about Floral Lace?

In Temp-tations 1396457228.02

I love the floral lace pattern! It is my favorite in the blue. The brown edging adds something to the dishes for my preference. I could kick myself that I did not order two sets of the dishes a few years ago. I keep looking at the square set but trying to get all of those round and square plates in my one cabinet is quite the task. Not sure if I'm up for a puzzle every time I unload the dishwasher. I must have missed out on the Vintage Grace dinnerware. I saw a Classico set of casserole dishes on the Temp-tations site that looked nice. I loved the shape of them but they did not include stor... Continue Reading

Re: Mascara help

In Beauty Banter 1395410098.66

I swear by Mally's volume formula. I have a ton of allergies and am very sensitive to everything and this works for me. It stays on even though my eyes tear a lot and doesn't travel on the eye or face. It comes off with Purity which is also good to know. Have fun experimenting! Continue Reading

Re: Breville

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1395331542.353

I love the Breville product line. I have both the smart oven and the coffee maker. Well worth the money, good quality and good customer service and product warranty. The convenience features of the coffee maker with the on/off switch on the side, storage on top for the my k-cup and able to accommodate my tall travel mug is what got my attention first. It heats the water quickly so you really don't need to keep it turned on constantly. I like that. Next on my list is the Slow Cooker. Continue Reading

Re: Please help-----which dishwasher do I buy?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1395159338.013

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!! I decided on a KitchenAid with the stainless steel tub and the outside control panel. It was on sale and fit the revised budget a bit easier. I had to give up on the idea of using my wood panels because those models were just too pricey. When you include the additional work to create the door it gets price crazy. If I knew the appliance was going to last longer than 3-5 years, I might have done it but decided that additional money is better not spent on a gamble. I can't thank all of you enough for your suggestions and input in my dilemma. I drive myself crazy with... Continue Reading

Re: Aveda hair care....does anyone use?

In Beauty Banter 1395068110.577

I go to an Aveda salon. I have fine hair and color it often. Love all of the products especially the hair spray. The number one thing that I like about the entire line is that it smells good, doesn't aggravate my allergies and does the job. Worth every cent! My husband even goes there! Now that's saying volumes..The Aveeda hairspray is the only one that he will use. I find less residue on the bathroom counters with this brand. (always a plus in my book) Continue Reading

Page 1 of 24
1 2 3 4 ...24Next