TSV(R) Preview
123 Members and 13014 Guests Online

Marp2's Activity

How Well Do You Know Your Neighbors?

Last Reply by tansy 1397767000.397 | Started by Marp2 in Viewpoints

SEATTLE — Federal investigators successfully removed 4,000 containers of hazardous chemicals from a home here in a cleanup that took almost 10 days, officials said. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency inspected the house April 8 after firefighters discovered the stockpile of chemicals while helping an elderly resident walk down the steps of the home in the city's Green Lake neighborhood. Authorities immediately removed the owners, a brother and sister in their 90s, and called in hazardous-material teams to take out at least 40 varieties of chemicals they described as commercial an... Continue Reading

Re: Vintage Furs - How to you feel about them?

In Viewpoints 1397679092.987

I have a vintage mink cape that was handed down from my great-grandmother, to my grandmother, to my mother and then to me. I don't and won't wear it but I won't give it up either. At some point my executor can decide what to do with it. Continue Reading

Re: Directv or Dish?

In Viewpoints 1397669078.823

DoubleDog, I have Dish and they are going through a dispute with NBC in my area so am going through the same as you are with Direct. Last year it was CBS that was gone for a couple of months, the year before Dish and ABC came to an agreement at the last minute. ETA: In the last two or three years there was also the same problem with FX and perhaps another channel that I don't watch. Just received notice about a class action suit over channels being unavailable. Continue Reading

Re: Would You Rather Have A Friend Or Be Alone?

In Viewpoints 1397614504.567

Anyone that I can't trust or believe wouldn't be my "friend", fun or not. Neither of those descriptions come close to my definition of friend. Co-worker/acquaintance would fit the bill. Continue Reading

Re: Stravenue?

In Viewpoints 1397609927.123

I had to look up Stravenue and Deep is correct, it is a Tucson thing. From Wiki: A stravenue (portmanteau of street and avenue) is a type of road particular to Tucson, Arizona. The United States Postal Service officially supports the abbreviation STRA for stravenues.[1] A Stravenue runs "diagonally between and intersects a Street and an Avenue."[2] In a few areas of Tucson, primarily around the central part of the city, which is divided by railroad tracks running diagonally from southeast to northwest, builders created small subdivisions of roads and houses that also are laid out on a diagona... Continue Reading

Re: Filling up Your Gas Tank

In Viewpoints 1397605490.92

Is this about the friend that never offers to drive? The first two things that come to mind is just putting in small amounts in hopes of having some of the kitty leftover or a leak toward the top of the tank. Continue Reading

Re: Spectacular ‘blood moon’ lunar eclipse set for April 15

In Viewpoints 1397567728.64

As predicted in my post #4 it was too cloudy to see anything last night. I further predict that on October 8th when the next one occurs it will be a cloudy and/or rainy night here. Mother nature has a "thing" about blocking me from seeing celestial events. Continue Reading

Re: Old Horses

In Viewpoints 1397529921.87

Yes, his name is "Shot". ETA: This is the story that was reported; he is obviously treasured: SENECA, SC (FOX Carolina) - A family in Seneca hopes their horse can achieve the title as the oldest of its kind in the Guinness Book of World Records. "Shot" was born in 1974 and is turning 40 years old. Most horses only live to be 25 to 30 years old. "A 40-year-old birthday for a human, you know, 'Lordy Lordy they're 40!'" said Kay Rawlinson. "But, you know, for a horse, it's a big deal." Zack Walters, Rawlinson's fiance, is Shot's owner. He was born when Shot was 11. "He's part of the family," sa... Continue Reading

Old Horses

Last Reply by Feline Fine 1397536713.033 | Started by Marp2 in Viewpoints

A local news station did a piece about a SC American Quarter Horse that is turning 40 years old. The average lifespan of a horse is 25-30 years. The piece ended telling about "Old Billy". The oldest horse on record is Old Billy, a British barge horse born in 1760. Old Billy was 62 years old when he died in 1822. Continue Reading

Re: Checking In Mates

In Viewpoints 1397502104.187

Hi Hutchmates, Well, my little vacation is over and I really enjoyed myself. Mom's unit reopened to visitors last Thursday but I decided to extend my time off until today. The good news is that mom had the repeat x-ray and everything is okay; no TB and no pneumonia. Mom knew I was away longer than usual but she doesn't realize how long it was. They did say she didn't eat very well but she never does except for the sandwich I bring her a lunchtime. Once again, thank God for Boost. She drinks that without hesitation. Odd thing is she would not drink it at home. For the most part our we... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 214
1 2 3 4 ...214Next