Holidays at Home
158 Members and 11229 Guests Online

Marp2's Activity

Re: Checking In Mates

In Viewpoints 1412119629.56

Hi Nafe, That is terrible about the bottle being thrown. Hope it was an isolated incident. Just one more thing to be glad about my house being so far from the road. Not impossible for someone to throw something and reach the yard or house but highly unlikely. Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1412101957.023

Hi Syds, I like Sydnie's new saying. Fits my everyday in so many ways. Do you think she'd mind if I adopted it? Hard to believe tomorrow is already October 1st. Days may drag but when I look at the calendar another month has disappeared. There have been a couple of mornings when I wanted to turn the fireplace on but that is more because I like looking at it than need. Our cool downs aren't lasting long enough to really chill. Girlfriend is going on a Panama Canal cruise in early November. It is a repositioning cruise and will end in Florida. Quite possibly she will be boarding as you a... Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1412093851.84

Hi Prissymiss, Nice to know that you are still checking on us. Sadly, as a group we have all become pretty quiet but I think I can speak for all of us in that we find comfort just knowing the thread and Hutchmates are here. Too much not good stuff and no enough happy stuff. I've had so many household crises this year that it seems all I do is put out fires (replace broken things) and see to mom. No energy left for things of interest. I will say, though, I am looking forward to cooler weather. I feel physically and emotionally much better when not dealing with heat and humidity. Guess I better... Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1412030906.23

Hi Hutchmates, Y'all remember the discussion a while back about closing long running threads at the end of each year? Well, I have good news from the latest Community Update: " One topic that received a lot of response was how QVC plans to manage “long standing threads”. After reading the logical reasoning from a variety of Community members, we agree that these threads should be left alone and remain where they currently are located with no immediate or future need to close these discussions." I know I've been away for a longer than usual time but there really hasn't been anythi... Continue Reading

Re: And In The "Bad Neighbor" Category ...

In Viewpoints 1411945949.81

On 9/28/2014 VCamp2748 said: Apparently owning weapons & being intelligent are mutually exclusive. I guess you're right, I own weapons and was unintelligent enough to post this thread ignoring the probability of posts like yours. P.S., if you are ever in danger please do not call the cops--they ALL OWN WEAPONS. Continue Reading

Re: Marp, I have a question for you! (don't be afraid)

In Viewpoints 1411933128.737

I'll do the best I can to hit any key points for you. Terrible timing because I expect defense to start their case on Monday. I'm just hoping it will be after I get back from getting my car done and checking in on mom. Continue Reading

Re: Marp, I have a question for you! (don't be afraid)

In Viewpoints 1411931779.75

Marianne, Didn't know if you would get to watch Saturday so I made some notes and links for you. Continue Reading

Re: And In The "Bad Neighbor" Category ...

In Viewpoints 1411864864.277

I don't know about that Terrier but he is a felon and a pistol, a 12-gauge double barrel shotgun and a M77 long rifle were also found in the house. Continue Reading

And In The "Bad Neighbor" Category ...

Last Reply by faeriemoon 1412008789.89 | Started by Marp2 in Viewpoints

The Reader's Digest version: MIDDLETOWN, Pa. (AP) — Police in Pennsylvania say a man accused of shooting a bullet through a neighbor's window told a judge he fired the gun because it was the only way he knew how to unload it. Middletown Detective Patrick Nicastro tells the Bucks County Courier Times (http://bit.ly/1CwbE81) that 31-year-old George Byrd IV of Penndel at first denied being behind the shooting but then acknowledged during his arraignment that he fired the weapon to clear the chamber because he was unfamiliar with guns. Authorities say Byrd fired the gun early Friday afterno... Continue Reading

Re: 37% spike in electric bills will affect everyone & every product!

In Viewpoints 1411692202.763

On 9/25/2014 hckynut said: On 9/25/2014 NoelSeven said: John, northern CA is already using wind power in some areas, which means less reliance on non-renewable energy. I don't see any reason not to build on other sources at the same time. NoelSeven, I agree that building other sources is the right track, but until such time as electric energy can be produced in the whole country for the same price? I see nothing wrong with getting rid of pollution, as these other methods are working to meet or exceed, supplying the same amount of energy for the same cost or less to all consumers. Right now I... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 268
1 2 3 4 ...268Next