Better Than Black Friday
67 Members and 16499 Guests Online

Marp2's Activity

Re: Checking In Mates

In Viewpoints 1417114563.5

Just a quick pop in to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Even though I'm negligent about posting you are all important to me and I am so very thankful that you are part of my life and are here when I do stop by. Hugs to each and every one of you. Continue Reading

Re: Stores open on Thanksgiving?

In Viewpoints 1417103973.49

On 11/27/2014 sidsmom said: On 11/27/2014 evelomaddict said: we're all online. do people consider those who maintain the internet workers as well? ITA! So incredibly ironic, huh? Just the mere fact we're typing on this forum means someone is working to maintain this site today. It goes way beyond that. How many are watching the parades, watching TV in general. What about all the people working to broadcast the footballs games and servicing those that attend the games. If we really thought about the personal impact if every employee was off work for Thanksgiving or Christmas we would astound... Continue Reading

Re: Stores open on Thanksgiving?

In Viewpoints 1417103201.327

Don't you find the "We can have a traditional, relaxing day with family and friends, instead of eating out early..." just a bit hypocritical? What is the difference between retail store employees having to work on Thanksgiving and restaurant employees having to work on Thanksgiving. You chose to go OUT to eat, others choose to shop. Continue Reading

Re: Amazon Echo

In Electronics Talk 1416583829.69

I just went to Amazon and did a search on Echo and the device came up at $199 with the option to get it by Monday, November 24th. I will get it at $99 but not at $199. Continue Reading

Re: Promising Hope For Macular Degeneration

In Viewpoints 1416581538.15

On 11/21/2014 jubilant said: Thanks once again, Marp. This is great news! Macular Degeneration is trying to take my mothers eyesight in one eye and Diabetes is trying to take it in the other. This gives me hope that maybe they can keep her sight the remaining part of her life. She is 85 now. My mom has the dry kind of macular degeneration and has repeatedly been told that she will always have residual peripheral vision. She was diagnosed more than 25 years ago and at 92 can still see a bit. She has no central vision and when looking at someone she needs to turn her head a bit to see them.... Continue Reading

Re: PETA (if you're sensitive don't open)

In Viewpoints 1416523800.77

If someone did that to one of my animals the wrath of God would look like a walk in the park. Continue Reading

Promising Hope For Macular Degeneration

Last Reply by sophiamarie 1416587723.103 | Started by Marp2 in Viewpoints

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A class of drugs used for three decades by people infected with the virus that causes AIDS may be effective in treating a leading cause of blindness among the elderly. HIV drugs called nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs), including AZT and three others, blocked age-related macular degeneration in mice and worked well in experiments involving human retinal cells in the laboratory, researchers said on Thursday. In HIV-infected people, NRTIs block an enzyme the virus uses to create more copies of itself. The new research shows the drugs also block the activ... Continue Reading

Re: Duck Recipes

In Recipe Swap 1416191979.877

I get duck through Pekin Paradise, http://www.farmfreshduck.com/12-duck-breast They also have a variety of recipes for both whole duck and duck parts. Their customer service is the best. Continue Reading

Re: Generics Going Up???

In Viewpoints 1416011849.513

NEW YORK - Barbara Heller has an autoimmune disease called PBC. She takes the generic drug Ursodiol to prevent liver damage. "The last refill that I got for Ursodiol cost $94.50 for three months, Heller said. In August, she called for her usual three-month renewal, expecting her cost would still be under $100. Instead, it was $1,212.30. "I was upset, I didn't know what to do," she said. "I need Ursodiol every day probably for the rest of my life. Cost can't be a factor in not getting it." Some spectacular jumps in generic drug prices have been exposed in an article in the New England Journal ... Continue Reading

Re: Most of you all, if not all of will probably not post with me any more after this:

In Viewpoints 1415890341.557

Not post with you any more? Ridiculous. It doesn't matter one whit who or what a person is off the boards; it is who or what they are here that determines my impressions of a poster. I may not agree with some of your postings but I've not yet seen anything that would make me think I shouldn't bother posting with you and your OP today doesn't change that one bit. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 282
1 2 3 4 ...282Next