TSV(R) Preview
69 Members and 14468 Guests Online

Marp2's Activity

Re: No more TCM on Dish??

In Viewpoints 1413903321.807

On 10/21/2014 straykatz said: I know all the providers go through this form time to time but Dish always seems to drop the ball on channel renewals...I remember the big fiasco when they dropped AMC and all the Breaking Bad/Walking Dead fans were outraged....can't bloame them....you pay a provider for a service so they should make sure they maintain that service!!!! Even when a channel wants to nearly double what they are paid by the distributor (Dish, Direct, cable) that will result in a large increase in consumer prices? Multiply that by however many distribution contracts come up in a yea... Continue Reading

Re: No more TCM on Dish??

In Viewpoints 1413897958.073

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — Turner Networks has pulled channels such as Cartoon Network and CNN from Dish's programming lineup as a deadline passed for renewing their distribution agreement. Dish Network Corp. said Tuesday that Turner refused to extend the overall deal. Other channels Turner yanked from Dish's programming include Boomerang, HLN, truTV, CNN en Espanol and Turner Classic Movies. Englewood, Colorado-based Dish said that it is still committed to reaching an agreement with Turner that will allow the channels to return to its lineup quickly. http://apnews.myway.com//article/2014... Continue Reading

Re: Would you hate to lose a billion dollars - before lunch?

In Viewpoints 1413834816.253

I hate not having a billion dollars LOL. Continue Reading

Re: slection of threads limited in Q talk

In Viewpoints 1413824816.7

I have the normal assortment of topics under Q Talk. Q Did What? The Q We Love Suggestion Box Hosts & Personalities Q News Gift Tip Blogs Holiday Advice Continue Reading

Re: AUTUMN IS IN ACTIVE LABOR, BIRTH IMMINENT

In Viewpoints 1413726243.503

The final report has not yet been received. I would expect it sometime next month. Walter, Kiko and Autumn are all fine but I did read that Kiko is going to be transferred this spring. It was not released just where he is going. If I hear anything new I will either start a new thread or resurrect this one. Continue Reading

Re: Is Your State Taking Steps?

In Viewpoints 1413513770.643

On 10/16/2014 GrettaGarbled said: I read last week that NYC was sending actors into hospitals to measure their response to a potential ebola patient. That sounds like a good idea as long as it is done is a way that the results become a teaching/learning tool. Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1413510446.183

Shorty, I really wish more states/communities would get out the word about what they are doing to be prepared. Perhaps that would ease some of the fears if residents knew they aren't going to be facing a disaster like Dallas. Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1413507152.957

Thanks Pit. I just might sign up for the KY alerts too. Between the CDC alerts, SC, KY and hopefully NC I should stay well informed about what is going on in my vicinity. I think SC has done a good job with their preparedness links and other information on their ebola pages and I'm glad they are inviting the public to join in. May help allay fear. Continue Reading

Re: Company Sells out of Ebola Plush Toy - Happy Holidays!

In Viewpoints 1413505198.857

It looks like what my dog does during his nightly "last out". Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1413503577.387

The list of those that have to comply with this order is unbelievably extensive. Responders including 911 dispatch centers, providers from hospitals and doctors to veterinarians and athletic trainers, morticians and coroners, schools--just about everyone but the general public (which is invited to sign up for the alerts) is required to comply with this directive. There will be no excuses for not being informed or prepared. The list is ON THIS PAGE: http://www.scdhec.gov/Health/FHPF/HealthAlertsNotifications/ebola/healthPreparednessNetwork/ There is so much more that SC is doing. I know... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 275
1 2 3 4 ...275Next