134 Members and 20392 Guests Online

smhr's Activity

Re: is anyone watching Trish on HSN?

In Beauty Banter 1429384868.047

I've moved on from her makeup. Found other alternatives that work just as well and don't cost as much. Continue Reading

Re: Anyone still use Estee Lauder makeup?

In Beauty Banter 1429383916.94

Yes. I did a review on makeup alley today. It's the Invisible Fluid foundation. Continue Reading

Re: expiration dates of open bottles of serums!

In Beauty Banter 1429383579.857

Most makeup/skincare products now offer a way to know when to discard your products. On the box, tube or jar will be a jar icon that looks like it is opened. Below that will be a number like 6 or 12 or maybe 24. Those numbers represent months ( 6 months, 12 months etc; ). Once you opened that jar or bottle, you have that number of months to use up that product. If still in doubt, you may want to contact the company. Continue Reading

Re: How do you use so many products?

In Perricone MD 1429383023.01

On 1/17/2015 hyacinth003 said: I have been reading some of the posts here. I find I can only use 3 products at a time without it balling up on my face. I don't use Perricone. Do you think that so many products at once really reach your skin enough to work? Just curious if someone has found a way to apply multiple products without making a mess! Thanks, Hyacinth Your questions seems like you are asking in general. I have annual mole checks and my dermatologist feels that two anti-aging products are enough. He believes the two are Vitamin C ( a.m. ) and Retin-A ( p.m. ). I can't use Retin -A... Continue Reading

Re: Non irritating Vitamin C serum recommendations

In Beauty Banter 1429382266.313

My skin is very sensitive and Paula's C-15 works fine for me. You might want to start out combining the C-15 Booster serum with a basic moisturizer. Not to sure if using the C-15 booster on its own would be a good suggestion, especially with having rosacea. Everyone's skin reacts differently - baby steps. Continue Reading

Re: Caroline Kennedy

In Beauty Banter 1429381608.127

I'm not sure if wrinkles are what makes Caroline look old. Vanna White is about the same age as Caroline and she is showing her age. Vanna may not have wrinkles, but her eyes are what are aging her. We all age differently and there isn't a definitive answer as to what makes us look older. Continue Reading

Re: Sylvia Browne the psychic has passed

In Viewpoints 1385068145.113

I had my doubts about Sylvia's psychic abilities. I would watch her on Montel Williams show and there were inconsistencies with her predictions. It seems like Slyvia would be wrong about a situation and would back peddle on the spot. This happened when a studio audience lost a family member through a car accident. Sylvia initially said they had drowned but the audience member said it was a car accident. Sylvia backpeddled and said; it was a car accident, but the car overturned in water. The woman shooked her head "no". I quit watching her from that time on. Sorry to hear about her passing. Continue Reading

Re: What Is The Craziest Call You've Heard?

In Among Friends 1385067507.037

Can't recall the Mary Beth story. No shortages of whacko's out in the world. I'm like some posters and usually hit the mute button. There was a comment Jamie Kern ( iT Cosmetics vendor ) made one day. She was demonstrating some powder and said; "It's like an angel came down and kissed you on the cheeks" Really, how often does that happen? I have to say; that comment through me for a loop. So much so, I haven't forgotten it to this day. Continue Reading

Re: Spending Christmas alone this year? It might change in 2014.

In Among Friends 1385066976.563

On 11/21/2013 DeLaney said: To answer the OP's question, there is no legal way to regulate rather businesses in a free democracy chooses to remain open on holidays. What can't be enforced to remain the same will always change as the times change---especially if there's money to be made. Many businesses are struggling now, as well as individuals and families. I'd judge no one over it---we do as we must to survive. I have myself been called in for emergency situations on holidays. Not enjoyable at all, but necessity trumps tradition. I hold Christ sacred every day of the year and if I'm called... Continue Reading

Spending Christmas alone this year? It might change in 2014.

Last Reply by mjkrrs 1386126162.99 | Started by smhr in Among Friends

I was out other day buying some items for an upcoming dinner. To be exact, it was a small retail store. We ( the clerk and myself ) were conversing about the many stores being open on Thanksgiving this year. The clerk was telling me, they ( his store ) were thinking about opening next year on Christmas Day 2014. According to this clerk; "there have been customers making this request to be open on that day". I suppose the lonely are requesting this to have a place to go on that day? Christmas was thought to be the most spritual holiday in the U.S. Could this be the breakdown of the family, or ... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 362
1 2 3 4 ...362Next