Back to School
96 Members and 10855 Guests Online

JeanLouiseFinch's Activity

Re: Best Cleanser that's gentle but won't break the bank

In Beauty Banter 1406589147.193

On 7/28/2014 F1wild said: On 7/28/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said: Dr. Young's Camellia Cleansing Oil. I buy it on Amazon. It cleans thoroughly and gets all my eye makeup off, but leaves my face soft and not at all tight. You only need a couple of pumps so the bottle lasts a long time. Here's another vote for Dr. Young's Camellia Cleansing Oil. Although I don't often wear makeup, I take great care of my skin (always have), so my use of this product is purely for cleansing. This is the first cleansing oil I've tried - so satisfied I'm not going to change. I use about 1.5 pumps, massage it all over ... Continue Reading

Re: What did everyone get from Skinn this weekend?

In Beauty Banter 1406560290.77

This was the first time I watched a SKINN presentation. I was a little tempted by the makeup refresher (yellow tube), but I resisted. Continue Reading

Re: Best Cleanser that's gentle but won't break the bank

In Beauty Banter 1406560030.033

Dr. Young's Camellia Cleansing Oil. I buy it on Amazon. It cleans thoroughly and gets all my eye makeup off, but leaves my face soft and not at all tight. You only need a couple of pumps so the bottle lasts a long time. Continue Reading

Re: Tatcha Skin Care

In Beauty Banter 1406559525.32

On 7/28/2014 Daysdee said: On 7/28/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said: On 7/28/2014 Poppet1 said: Is this product really worth it? Just wondering if anyone had excellent results with this. Many users have excellent results with it, but for some it's irritating and drying. My understanding is that the Tatcha enzyme powder contains talc, which likely is the irritant. The Tatcha system is pretty expensive, IMO. Some people believe it's worth it, but I couldn't spend that much and have a good conscience about it so I did some hunting and found dupes on Amazon that I think are great are a much better valu... Continue Reading

Re: Calling babies by their names before they're born

In Viewpoints 1406556832.207

On 7/27/2014 Sister Golden Hair said: Our oldest son (now 33) when he was almost 4, he would pat my tummy and said that he wanted to name his baby brother "Bulldozer". I told him that he would need to pick another name. He said that he would name him and started calling him by name until he was born. We liked the name and thought it was so sweet that his (son now 29) brother would be named by him. They always laugh about the "Bulldozer" name. We had a similar experience. The oldest wanted to call the baby Grimace. He obviously saw too many McDonald's commercials. I guess we should be gla... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1406555991.437

On 7/28/2014 Poppet1 said: Is this product really worth it? Just wondering if anyone had excellent results with this. Many users have excellent results with it, but for some it's irritating and drying. My understanding is that the Tatcha enzyme powder contains talc, which likely is the irritant. The Tatcha system is pretty expensive, IMO. Some people believe it's worth it, but I couldn't spend that much and have a good conscience about it so I did some hunting and found dupes on Amazon that I think are great are a much better value...more product and lesser priced, even with shipping adde... Continue Reading

Re: Remove corn off cob

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1406518213.423

If you have a mandolin, you can slide the cob across the blade to remove the kernels. There's also this tool that's popular with people who freeze corn. Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1406517401.46

On 7/27/2014 MarenSeattle said: I always believe everybody -- maybe because it would never, ever occur to me to try to pull off a big scam like that. Maybe it was in a collector's possession and it was time to sell and collect some more. People sell art all the time, people DO sell family heirlooms all the time (I've gotten plenty at auction). They have a reproduction of the book (don't know if they showed it tonight). They (Q) didn't want to be responsible if there was damage to the real thing. She went into hock to come up with the money -- including selling her engagement ring. If it's tru... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1406516864.797

I can't say one way or the other, if the story is true or not. It seems all the female skincare vendors have some kind of story that's supposed to set their products apart from the rest. On one hand, yes, it does seem odd that a historical treasure would just be sold to a random party. But on the other hand, I have read about parts of "oriental" skincare that go way back, namely pearl powder. So, who knows? Continue Reading

Re: Toner for the Face

In Beauty Banter 1406516534.66

On 7/27/2014 LLLL said: I am using Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel too. After reading about it on this board I thought I would give it a try. I found it at Whole Foods for $9.99. Well, my skin (normal, older skin) looks beautiful after using this. I am not sure if witch hazel is not good for your skin, but it has really improved mine. My skin is radiant and feels so clean. "Thank you" to the person who recommend this product! Do you ever shop drugstore dot com? They have Thayers for under $7.00. It wouldn't make sense to order it alone and have to pay shipping, but if you have several dr... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 977
1 2 3 4 ...977Next