Resort & Cruise Shop
82 Members and 17772 Guests Online

JeanLouiseFinch's Activity

Re: Need exfoliation help

In Beauty Banter 1422526752.277

As we age, our natural cell turnover slows down and we need to help it along. Years ago I was having a conversation with an aesthetician who said if she could give one piece of advice it would be to peel, peel, peel. There are two kinds of exfolators; chemical and physical. Do you know what kind you want? The chemical (a non-abrasive treatment using acids or enzymes) will loosen the dead skin from the surface and the physical (something with a degree of abrasion) will remove the dead skin and essentially buff the surface to a smoother texture. I'm a couple of years older than you and I u... Continue Reading

Re: ShopHQ Shipping Labels

In Q News 1422482543.763

What I don't like about ShopHQ is if you misplace your packing slip they don't have one online to print off, like QVC does. You can print a duplicate label, but there's no form to include with the package indicating what's being returned and why. It's all coded in the label so customers have to trust that there were no errors in coding that label. Continue Reading

Re: Anybody use Lancôme Visionnaire? Any results?

In Beauty Banter 1422456166.45

On 1/28/2015 Trix said: On 1/27/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said: I read somewhere that L'oreal Youth Code is a less expensive dupe for Visionaire. I have not done a comparison of the ingredient lists, but it makes sense since Lancome owns L'Oreal. Not that it matters, but the corporate hierarchy for L'Oreal and Lancome is actually the other way around. L'Oreal is the parent and Lancome is the luxury brand under their umbrella. Oopsie...I did inadvertently write that backwards, didn't I? I must have had a brain cramp and wasn't paying attention. Continue Reading

Re: WHO'S READY FOR SOME SKINN?

In Beauty Banter 1422450193.433

Sorry to report that I purchased the kit that contained the FairyTales Eyeshadow Palette and the Daily Duo for Eyes (AM/PM eye balms). The balms are supposed to seal in your treatment products so I thought, "OK, good for winter." All I had to do was look at the shadows to see they have shimmer. If I liked the eye balms I would have passed the shadow palette along to my daughter, but I'm not happy with those eye products at all. I felt like I woke up looking more wrinkly and somewhat dry after using the PM one and the AM one is super greasy. Nope, not worth keeping. Continue Reading

Re: Anybody use Lancôme Visionnaire? Any results?

In Beauty Banter 1422404146.97

I read somewhere that L'oreal Youth Code is a less expensive dupe for Visionaire. I have not done a comparison of the ingredient lists, but it makes sense since Lancome owns L'Oreal. Continue Reading

Re: Hurry! Mad Hippie 20% off at iherb

In Beauty Banter 1422398977.597

Thanks seehorse! SFC - I use or have used several Mad Hippie products. I was using the Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum for a long time and liked it, but then ventured out to try others. Once I'm done with what I currently have, I'm probably going to go back. I also use the Mad Hippie Eye Cream, it has excellent ingredients. I also use the Mad Hippie Exfoliating Serum - gave it a try when I ran out of Alpha Hydrox, and I like it very much. I did use the Mad Hippie Antioxidant Facial Oil for awhile. It's also got a good ingredient mix, but I just got away from using facial treatment oils a l... Continue Reading

Re: Ladies - Put on those magnifiers!

In Beauty Banter 1422396300.99

pegomyheart - you want to be very careful about "scrubbing" your face. That can really do some damage if you choose something that's too rough. For me, using a good cleansing oil helped get rid of them, but I also mask and exfoliate several times a week. I also found an extraction tool (good memory RL) to be helpful sometimes, too, for a blemish here and there. The nose is a tricky place to use the tool, you could end up injuring yourself. It does work for other flat areas of the face though. Continue Reading

Re: Please pray for our new grandson.......Cooper Wilson

In Beauty Banter 1422381073.38

On 1/27/2015 cmoose said: Thanks for all the prayers. Cooper is at an excellent hospital in Denver with an amazing team of doctors. We feel really blessed to have such wonderful health care for him. Thanks again- keep the love coming. Praying for your little Cooper, that he responds well to the treatment, and for his medical team, that they'll know exactly the right things to do for him. I don't know which hospital your grandson is in, but I have a very dear girlfriend who is a NICU nurse in Denver. She was an amazing resource for me when my own child was born premature and with a cond... Continue Reading

Re: Too Much Skincare

In Beauty Banter 1422372487.387

You're preachin' to the choir. It can be so easy to get caught up in things sometimes, can't it? My DH and I went away for a few days last week (Thurs.-Sun.). I brought everything with me, even my mask and SKINN ABC Peel so I wouldn't get off schedule. I swear my stuff took up most of the counter space in the bathroom. My sister, who barely does anything special and is doing good if she can get some mascara and lipstick on, were going to join us on Saturday. There was a possibility of them arriving before their room was going to be ready. If that happened, we were going to put their b... Continue Reading

Re: Need help covering red/blue cheeks

In Beauty Banter 1422371154.257

Here's some information on color correcting concealers http://www.makeup.com/color-correcting-concealer/ Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1146
1 2 3 4 ...1146Next