Creede Silver Sale
109 Members and 14181 Guests Online

quesolvr's Activity

Re: What is the difference between Betula and Birkenstock?

In All About Shoes 1403796660.017

My betula's are made in Spain. My 1 pair of older betula's will not break in. I've been trying for years. I bought a second pair to see if my first pair was odd, because they were cow hide with a zebra print (super cute) but same thing. Mine are holding up unbelievably well, opposite to other people, they won't break in. One pair is leather, the other is cow how. My alpro, birki, papillio, and Birkenstocks are made in Germany. I do not own a tatami, so I can't say. I wish qvc still carried them...and would have a tsv. I guess I'm going to try earth brands and orthaheel, but I wonder what size... Continue Reading

Re: New Birki's

In All About Shoes 1402100758.19

Finally a new style. Hopefully all the clearance I see is just spring cleaning, not QVC getting rid of the brand. They are literally the only sandals I wear now, I own other sandals but never wear them. I was thinking about trying a pair of orthoheels, but I don't want to support the brand that is taking over and I'd only be trying them to get new shoes (that I really wish were birks). Hopefully they are bringing more in birks and there will be at least 2 TSVs. Hopefully 1 soon!!! Continue Reading

Re: Betula Birkenstocks

In All About Shoes 1402100439.46

I have one pair of betula's and they are made of real leather, not the birkoflor (however it is spelled). They have several lines, if you go into the birkenstock website, you can look up all the different lines and the reasoning behind the line. I wish they still carried betulas at SAMs club. I'd buy every color in every style they carried, if I saw them there again. I wish birkenstock would bring more of the original styles and some new prints back to qvc. What happened? Is it just spring cleaning? Or are they being phased out? I'd really like to know if there will be a TSV this summer too? ... Continue Reading

Re: Is powder foundation better for breakout prone skin?

In Beauty Banter 1367625746.227

This is so specific to you, what will break you out. The original bare minerals foundation breaks me out, but only within the lasy five or so years, maybe try the matte formula as it is missing a key irritating acne causing ingredient. Best to avoid fragrance and oil, in all face products. Avoiding fragrance is hard to do, but it is a must if breakout prone. If I were you, Id go into a sephora and a bigger department store. Say you are shopping for a new foundation, a liquid foundation. That you are breakout prone. You want samples, and you want enough of a sample to really try the product ou... Continue Reading

Re: How do you get SPF close to the eye?

In Beauty Banter 1367624910.9

On 5/3/2013 FlowershopGirl said: My eyes are very sensitive and the only thing that has a sunscreen in it that I can use around the eye area is the BE mineral foundation and summer bisque concealer. The issue with using makeup as the only source of SPF, especially in the case of mineral foundation and bisque, is that you need to use so much of it for it to be effective at that. I mean a lot, like you look way overdone. I never understood SPF in makeup, it is deceptive, a lot of women think that it is enough. Have you tried physical sunscreens instead of chemical sunscreens? An example of a c... Continue Reading

Re: How do you get SPF close to the eye?

In Beauty Banter 1367624560.627

My issue with spf around the eyes is irritation and stinging. Chemical sunscreens burn when they get in the eye from sweating. Sometimes the chemical ingredients burn the skin. Better to use a physical sunscreen around the eyes. Since I discovered the neutrogena baby sunblock (a physical sunblock), I have no desire to purchase a chemical sunscreen again. My derm recommended the neutrogena baby sunblock, pink on the tube, it has a really high spf, like 50 or 70. Very gentle. Other brands make physical sun blocks. Continue Reading

Re: Future of BE ??

In bareMinerals 1366476164.357

On 4/19/2013 jewel3 said: It seems that if we hear something negative we so easily believe that rather than considering whether there is a good reason to include an ingredient. If bismuth irritates your skin, Se the matte formulation that doesn't contain that. My skin looks better with the bismuth so I will stick to the original.big corporations exist solely because they make products people want to buy and they are not trying to cheat, screw their customers, etc by sneaking in inferior ingredients. It would be counter productive. The ingredient enthusiast is an aesthetician. I am aware of th... Continue Reading

Re: Ready 8.0 Neutral

In bareMinerals 1366413002.12

Ooh, I want that one too. I want them all! Continue Reading

Re: Did anyone get their Beautifully Brilliant A-D...

In bareMinerals 1366412877.107

I love my 2nd shipment, except the blush, looks orange on me, and orange is not a good color for me. I like everything else though, the pale grey shadow has me a little thrown, I like it better with the medium grey from the first quad. What does one do with a color like this, in this color arangement? I cannot figure out a way to make that pale grey look good with aything aside from other shades of grey. Any tips on how to use it without looking like a corpse? Continue Reading

Re: Future of BE ??

In bareMinerals 1366411732.87

On 4/18/2013 depglass said: An ingredient enthusiast? Unsubstantiated rumor as far as I'm concerned. Name the ingredients and I will believe it. My original foundation has not changed at all as far as I'm concerned. Bismuth Oxichloride is one I know of, off the top of my head. It is an inexpensive ingredient KNOWN to cause skin irritation such as an itchy face and breakouts, yet they put it in there anyway. Why? It is cheap. Last edited on 4/19/2013 Continue Reading

Page 1 of 24
1 2 3 4 ...24Next