17 Members and 18253 Guests Online

Argyll's Activity

Re: Got My Tarte TSV !!!!!!!!

In Beauty Banter 1431878121.53

Terrific kit and excellent products: the balm is just what I wanted--a smooth,medium coverage makeup,really a standout. I wear Light in most Tarte formulas; I wear the airbrushed powder the most,followed by the tinted moisturizer and sometimes the original in the tube. This might be the new go-to,as it takes seconds to apply and looks so good so quickly. One thing I did almost immediately: I shortened the brush handle because it was way too long and actually scraped into the compact when I was applying it! (Sawed the handle down with a small household saw and filed it smooth--perfect!) BE CAR... Continue Reading

Re: What's one thing that always raises your spirits when you're feeling down?

In Beauty Banter 1431115100.483

On 5/8/2015 Desertdi said: Looking into Kitty's eyes My kitty is my reason for being and she always brings me back to The Now. A nice hot shower or bubblebath works too and kitty keeps me company then as well! Continue Reading

Re: Hey,I'm Talkin' Here!

In Beauty Banter 1431114179.903

Hello all! DesertFlowerDi--first,do investigate new contact lenses: there are newer and better ways to correct vision in one eye now. (Better than going around looking slightly surprised in one eye,while the non-lens eye is more relaxed.) Two,glasses have become a big fashion statement and no doubt,you chose a very hip and chic style so that will attract compliments,my desert hottie!! The whole contacts vs. glasses thing is a remnant of the 50's and 60's "Girls who wear glasses..etc." so we can stop torturing ourselves! As a sister-in-visual-fog,I get this totally. I also wore contact lenses ... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1428160326.447

Happy Easter,Happy Pesach and Love to all. How do you eat your chocolate bunny? Head first,or ? Meowylove from Lola and moi Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1427468076.617

My usual grocery store has a Senior Discount day (5% off the whole tab) and it is a traffic jam of motorized carts and trikes! Toss in the kids' carts like giant plastic toys and you really have to keep your eyes on the road,oops,aisle. Meow love Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1427404544.11

Hey Di--nope,never got to The Hub,sadly, but I was a regular at The Cellar dance club and later,Dugan's Bistro,with that zinc dance floor,such fun. I am better off being on my own two feet,without skates,skis,or other moving and rolling things!! Dance on! Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1427404252.513

Hello Beauties, A "sister" cat-lover pal of mine told me a cute kitty story: she asked her vet why the cat's whiskers were so long; the vet said "A cat's whiskers are as wide as the cat." Beep-beep... This winter has been so dry that makeup looked more like "flake-up" so for most of the time,I just slathered on moisturizer and only wore mascara (of course!) and guess what? My skin is happier with no stuff on and it's easy to get accustomed to the idea of really au naturel no-makeup look. Fast,too especially when a certain divine cat requires breakfast ASAP. Love to all and mellow melting,we h... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1426197618.08

SKORTS oh my,oh my--we wore those when we were kids and I recall the panties were more like bloomers of old. Di,are they going to be cool enough in that AZ heat? Be forewarned though,Di because some coach will want to sign you up for a softball team if they see you bopping around in your skorts and ponytail!!! love to all from Moon Face Argyll (no need for "fillers" with my plump au naturel) Miss Lola sends her meowy love too xoxo Continue Reading

Re: Need a New Mascara!

In Beauty Banter 1424362449.22

My favorite topic! L'Oreal Miss MANGA is very nice and a drugstore dupe for Lancôme Hypnose Star. Urban Decay PERVERSION is a new one from them and it is excellent. Smashbox makes some great ones too. (All of these mascaras have real brush applicators,not those annoying plastic wands.) Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1424361788.73

Dear Tinkerbell and welcome! The old thread name had "Thread Killer" in it and we all shared our Klutzy moments so the acronym stands for thread killer klutzes and we just like to ramble a bit and share some giggles,so please join in! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 127
1 2 3 4 ...127Next