Dooney Days
127 Members and 18287 Guests Online

Argyll's Activity

Re: Anyone here use Elizabeth Arden Eight-Hour Cream?

In Beauty Banter 1415811181.15

Hi glmama! I use the cream on my lips overnight and often during the day ( I use those great little sample containers from various cosmetics to have a small jar on hand.) and it is the best for dry noses and cuticles. It works very well on eyebrows to keep them in line--a TINY bit of course! When a tube gets low,I cut open the tube end and scoop out gobs of product and put it in a little jar. I do miss the old Arden packaging: it was in a large pink jar and so much easier to use up every bit! "65 and fabulous" brings up the story of how the product came to be: supposedly,Elizabeth Arden used ... Continue Reading

Re: Hi I'm beauty junkie,thread killer!!

In Beauty Banter 1415713881.363

Hey there TKKs!! It's SNOWING--rainy wet snow but it's snow anyway....sigh. ho ho ho xoxo meow love to all Continue Reading

Re: Anyone here use Elizabeth Arden Eight-Hour Cream?

In Beauty Banter 1415713534.667

Arden's Eight Hour Cream is one of my Lifetime Hall of Fame products; my mother used it and I started using it waaaay back in the 50's and have never been without it since! The "magic" ingredient is castor oil,a timeless emollient. They have improved the scent a teensy bit but I love it no matter how it smells (herbal-ly). The only other product that comes close is Josie Maran Intensive Argan Oil in a tube. Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1415555907.387

Happy Sunday to all TKKs- Well, so much for discipline--that darn 20 % Sephora discount offer just hooked me again! I tried to resist,but...there was a little cosmetics devil whispering in my ear to take advantage of the promo to try yet another perfume!! Like I need one more...this time,I caved in to get an Atelier Cologne scent called Rose Anonyme and it is lovely. Even Talking Pet really likes this one,so,in the spirit of Pleasing Others by smelling yummy,into the cart it went. I did manage to resist buying one more mascara,as I have a stash that should last me for ages!! Small triumph. Ex... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1414863925.017

Good Morning TKKs- Taste of Winter around here: snow on the rooftops Thurs. morning and this AM it was 24 degrees out; here we go! Miss Lola is one brave kitty; she loves to explore new nooks and crannies all over the house; she totally digs the large window and ledge and the kitchen sink window is a Big Fave because it looks directly out on the bird feeders. La Lola rules the roost,for sure. Really liking the Perricone serum foundation,especially in the drier weather. It is light coverage with a soft glow,no shine. (There's a kit with generous try-out sizes of the foundation,blush,mascara-w... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1413220018.83

Hello to all TKKs from wet and nippy WI--it is officially Autumn around here: took in the hoses,covered the AC unit,put away deck furniture....sigh. Let's all hope for a mellow Winter for everyone! DesertDi--very soon we won't need bags for electronic gizmos because we shall be WEARING them on our wrists or as glasses!! What we all need to pool our talents on is designing The Perfect Bra!! (medium is a size 16?? Not on this old blonde!! Dontcha just cringe when someone points out how the clothing manufacturers' sizes have been steadily growing in dimensions while staying at mentally comfy si... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1411058295.463

September is always a Big Month,numerologically speaking: it's a Nine which indicates things finalizing,completion and then on to the next Ten....anyway. So many big changes for our TKK tribe! Dear SilverLining,we are all sorry to hear about the passing of your brother. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy; my brother died in 2007 and I miss him every day. DesertFlowerDi!! A very happy birthday hug coming your way from your "Chicago Sis" xoxoxo A new title for La Furbottom: Princess Fatoné Pannetone,perhaps? Miss Lola sends her furry friend Meowy Greetings and meowpowerlove to Beastie's... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1410638341.197

The Fabulous Felines are storing up calories for winter: I had to loosen Lola's collar because she has grown so much! Voluptuous kitties,lucky girls--no Spanx for them! Some of our TKK tribe have been gone way too long; we miss you so come on back and say howdy! xoxoxo Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1410539893.187

Di,you are one brave lady--Nip & Fab VIPER VENOM?? Sure grabs the attention but does it "freeze" your face? Keep us posted...hope it doesn't make you hissssss RAINY day here and so is an unseasonably "nippy" day;it was 46 out when I woke up. Talking Pet turned the heat on for a bit,feels good but I am hoping for some warm sunny days for just a few minutes longer! Plus,the pre-pay on the propane gas bill is $$--yikes. Lola has learned all sorts of tricks,like jumping from one counter to the other for some food grazing: we thought that the island countertop was "safe"--hah! Lola said and pr... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1410193894.68

Di,that was a heckuva DUST STORM!! Wow,what a rolling cloud of dust! Are you and Princess Furbottom ok? Autumn is peeking through the greenery; colors are beginning to turn golden,wild asters are purple,all those pretty weeds that cause my allergies to pop are blooming nicely...lovely weather to sit on the deck and gaze. Lola is fat and sassy,or should I say sleek and pantheresque? She is so adorable and funny and vocal. We feel blessed to have her happy presence. BeautyStuff: I have been using the Perricone No Makeup SERUM Foundation and I really like it. Think it would suit most except the ... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 125
1 2 3 4 ...125Next