New Holiday Decor
138 Members and 17817 Guests Online

RaeBooks's Activity

Re: What Are You Reading --- May 2014

In Book Club 1401151738.173

On 5/26/2014 skyblue said: I finished THE SHOEMAKER'S WIFE by Adriana Trigiani. I am now trying to be patient for Beatriz Williams' new release THE SECRET LIFE OF VIOLET GRANT to be sent to my Kindle. It releases on the 27th. I loved her book A HUNDRED SUMMERS! One of my favorites. Have a wonderful summer sky . Continue Reading

In Book Club 1401151633.537

On 5/24/2014 SWEET said: On 5/24/2014 colinka said: Just finished a quirky book, That Part Was True, by Deborah McKinlay. A lovely, lonely British lady writes a fan letter to an American author. They both share a fondness for good food and become fast friends, sharing their lives through their correspondence. Will the relationship blossom into a real romance? A delightful read. Just got Maeve Binchy's last book, Chestnut Street, from the library. Can't wait to dive in, but it is bittersweet, knowing it will be the final time I can do this. (Unless there are more stories she left us with that ... Continue Reading

In Book Club 1401151592.493

On 5/26/2014 sfparrthd said: On 5/26/2014 skyblue said: I finished THE SHOEMAKER'S WIFE by Adriana Trigiani. I am now trying to be patient for Beatriz Williams' new release THE SECRET LIFE OF VIOLET GRANT to be sent to my Kindle. It releases on the 27th. I loved her book A HUNDRED SUMMERS! One of my favorites. I just finished A HUNDRED SUMMERS! You are right, it was a great book. Hugs friend , have a wonderful summer. Continue Reading

In Book Club 1401151564.387

Hi Book Friend's and lainey , as always thanks so much for the thread each and every month. We are all packed and ready to leave on May 28 , 2014 for Taiwan , China to visit with our NEW grandchildren. Looking so forward to this. My Husband is coming along this time for 1 week . I can not wait to see them and have them both in my arms . Oh and my Daughter and Son in Law too , LOL. I hope The Secret Life of Violet Grant is on my kindle for my flight's. I have done very little reading. I did read Memoirs of a Imaginary Friend . The authors name is I think Matthew Dicks ? It was a very di... Continue Reading

Re: Why I'm Supporting #GivingTuesday

In Health & Fitness, Hosts & Personalities 1398937652.34

Jacque . Such a lovely picture of your Mommy. I lost my Daddy to C.H.F. summer 2012 after his courageous 26 years with the illness. He just did not know how to relinquish the fight for his life . He had fought for so very many year's. He was a Doctor himself for 31 years. I miss him deeply. Now my Mummy is battling dementia in the form of Alzheimer's . The brain is way different than the heart , plus with my Daddy he taught me all their was to know about his illness . With my Mummy I've had to learn so very much on my own. My Mummy illness is a very different story . Not in her time and may... Continue Reading

Re: Wow if this is true...Oscar Pistorious

In Viewpoints 1398225661.9

In most trials the state must prove the person guilty of the charges. When a person claims self defensive they must prove they acted in that manner. Also in S.A. the degree of deadly force is very high. I have watched everything including the whole trial and I still do not see any motive for Oscar to kill Reeva. Way too early not to walk away for either one of them . They had not even gone out together for three months. They both had been in much longer relationship ( just both coming out of them ) when they met each other. I do know that Reeva manager ( her career ) did not want her labe... Continue Reading

Re: What Are You Reading --- March 2014

In Book Club 1395734566.46

On 3/19/2014 stevie72 said: Just finished Made in the U.S.A by Billie Letts. I had The Snow Child on reserve at the Library and was 57 in the queue. Finally came in yesterday and can't wait to start reading it. I loved Made in the USA not only because I live in Vegas and so many of the streets and places were real , but I have adored all Billie Letts books for years. Wish she would write a new one soon. Continue Reading

In Book Club 1395734385.933

On 3/17/2014 PuppyBreath said: - YELLOW CROCUS by Laila Ibrahim. Thank you to whoever rec'd this wonderful book. I could not put it down. Only thing wrong with it was that I wished it had been at least twice as long. Things happened right up to the end - wonderfully tying it all together. This was the author's first novel, and I sure hope she writes another. Enjoy!! I'm reading this now . But have had to stop a few times due to issues with my ill Mother. Continue Reading

In Book Club 1395734318.117

On 3/24/2014 SAgal said: On 3/23/2014 skyblue said: I really enjoyed TWO RIVERS by T. Greenwood. I'm likely to investigate other books by this author. I read GRACE by T. Greenwood and really loved it - it was absolutely heartbreaking in places but overall a really great read. I have read all her books including her new one and I have to say I liked GRACE the best . Until what happened at Sandy Hook. She has grown so much as a writer in the past years I have been reading her books. Continue Reading

In Book Club 1395019714.747

On 3/16/2014 skyblue said: On 3/16/2014 SWEET said: On 3/15/2014 skyblue said: On 3/14/2014 RaeBooks said: Hello all my, Book Friend's and Our Queen lainey . Long time since I last posted. I hope everybody is doing well? Thanks as always lainey for the thread. You're the BEST. I'm home after many weeks and before my short visit for the holidays , many month's in Taiwan . As you all know or maybe some don't ( and that's totally fine) My Daughter had twins . My Two Beautiful & Healthy Grand Children were born on 2/14/14. My Grand Son was first then following was his sister. I though OMG wha... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 31
1 2 3 4 ...31Next