Back to School
141 Members and 10901 Guests Online

FunkyHulaGirl's Activity

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, 7/28)

In Fashion Talk 1406586638.25

Well, I just woke up from a long nap. The temps didn't get very warm, so I guess I'll skip the pool today - this is another disappointing summer. When I lived in Kona I went to church and didn't lock my lanai door; I thought it was safe. Well, I came home to find a real mess, and discovered the son of a neighbor across the street was the culprit. I called the police, and when the captain himself arrived and greeted the boy's mother as a friend, I knew nothing much would be done. But oh, they were a good "religious" family, and the BOY (who was about 18-19) was an elder in their "church." ... Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, 7/28)

In Fashion Talk 1406562208.993

Hi girls! Well, I was up early - my handyman called and said he finished his last job early, so he came over at 10 instead of 2. He charges by the hour, but if it's a partial hour, he charges for a full one, so after he replaced the lock and repaired the door I had some minor jobs for him. He didn't have the proper switch to fix the bathroom outlet, so he said he could either come back another time or else go to Lowe's, for which he'd charge me travel time. Since he's not cheap ($35 an hour) I chose to have him come back some other time as it won't cost me extra - he'll pick up the things... Continue Reading

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Sunday

In Fashion Talk 1406483348.303

Hi girls! Well, I went to church and left Autumn on the back porch which I fastened from the inside to guard the door that won't close, but left right afterwards and came right home. I did pick up a new lock at Lowe's last night, and I'm glad I went there rather than order from Amazon, as it was less than half the price. I talked to some guys who work there and they said that probably the door is out of alignment, but I wanted a dead bolt that closes with a key on both sides anyway - it's pretty much useless to have a latch closure where someone could just break a window, stick in their h... Continue Reading

Re: Women judge each other by their handbags???????

In Fashion Talk 1406440135.533

On 7/25/2014 Clover29 said: The only bag I ever notice is those ubiquitous Louis Vuitton ones. There are so many, does every other woman really have one? So I might stare a bit, trying to decide if they're fakes. Otherwise, I wouldn't know a $5000 bag from a $10 bag. When I went to the utility company to pay a bill yesterday, a woman on line behind me had a LV bag, but the LV logos were all done in sequins. I couldn't help but notice it - do you think it was fake? Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, 7/26)

In Fashion Talk 1406407955.32

Hi girls! Thankfully, it's a hot day here with a heat index of 102°, so I'll be headed out to the pool in a little while. After that I have to go to Walmart/Lowe's, as I have an odd problem - all of a sudden neither of my back door locks will close; the locks seem to be working fine when I test them with the door open, but they won't "catch." I want to get a deadbolt that requires a key on both sides, since the door faces the yard, which has a high fence around most of it, and has glass panes - someone could just break the glass, stick his hand in, and unlock the door. Someone recom... Continue Reading

Re: Thyme For Fun!

In Recipe Swap 1406334258.743

HOLY MOLY!!! Out of curiosity I just checked Kenneth to see what haircuts are there these days - $145, plus $61 for the shampoo, and $75 for the blow dry ($90 for long hair). R = RIP OFF!!!!! (That's nothing, Ms. Owl - pedis are $80 at Kenneth!) S = Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (Friday, 7/25)

In Fashion Talk 1406325041.82

Hi girls! I can't believe it's Friday already - where did the week go? I hate that you're still hurting, LindaL; would it do any good to go to one of those walk-in clinics to see if they could give you something for the pain? Any news on your niece who was having the tests, Jean? I don't need sheets, either - I'm embarrassed to say how many sets I have. The last set I bought (unplanned but I couldn't resist them) has kitties embroidered on the edges of the top sheet and the pillow cases. They only had it in king size, and my bed is queen sized, but I've discovered that the king size wo... Continue Reading

Re: Thyme For Fun!

In Recipe Swap 1406324371.457

Hi everyone! Good to see you, Kathy. I've read all of the Goldy mysteries; I think the latest one is her last of the series. I've gotten some great recipes from those books, particularly for a cake made with jam mixed into it (I forget what it's called) and some cookies. My current favorite is the Domestic Diva series by Krista Davis - I love cozies, and hers are some of the best I've ever read; I've literally stayed up all night reading because I couldn't put them down! I highly recommend them, but read them in order, as the characters develop over time. They also have recipes. I'm ... Continue Reading

Re: Do you think this is rude?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1406323426.863

On 7/25/2014 CouponQueen said: Yes I have had this happen often and one time the guy behind me really almost started a literal fight with me over me having more stuff..kept it up and up arguing with me all the way to the parking lot..told his wife to give me a card she is a therapist and I need therapy (for grocery shopping??) ..Started with him pushing my cart forward to get to the belt...when I was still unloading...then his mouth just ran like crazy...then he told somebody to cut in front of me ..I was like NOOOO....they can wait like everybody else.. He was right behind me in the parking ... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 637
1 2 3 4 ...637Next