Guaranteed Delivery
53 Members and 17358 Guests Online

FunkyHulaGirl's Activity

Re: Shopaholics - ODAT - Thursday

In Fashion Talk 1418944066.14

Well, I'm home - two more packages and an envelope with a Ziggy calendar have been mailed off, leaving three that remain. I'm going to go to FedEx first to see how much they'll cost, since it's only a couple of blocks from the PO - a few dollars here and there add up, and after today's shopping excursion (the last of the year) things are very, very tight. I hate that I had to dig into my reserves, but don't want to touch any more. Aldi was a mob scene, with lines even longer than usual, but I got the few things I needed and got out as quickly as I could. I took Angelica into Tractor Suppl... Continue Reading

Shopaholics - ODAT - Thursday

Last Reply by LindaLatte 1418948455.853 | Started by FunkyHulaGirl in Fashion Talk

Hi girls - I guess everyone is out and about doing Christmas errands, huh? Well, I didn't make it to the church fellowship last night. I went to the PO go get some gifts mailed, and my debit card was declined; fortunately I had cash with me. I went home to check my balance, and sure enough - a charge went through from HSN for the tablet which made me overdrawn; I had assumed they charged me as soon as I placed the order, but they didn't until after it shipped, and my bank honored it - which I've asked them not to do. By then it was after 3:30 and I didn't have time to get to the nearest b... Continue Reading

Re: Shop hq...have you been on that site?

In Fashion Talk 1418931105.167

I'm addicted to their Anushka purses and wallets - absolutely gorgeous and beautifully made. I've also gotten some very, very nice shoes and sandals from them - good quality, and unique styles you won't find elsewhere. Continue Reading

Re: Shopaholics ODAT---Wednesday

In Fashion Talk 1418845310.093

Hi girls! I can't believe it's the middle of the week already either - time is sure flying by! The UPS man dropped off the package with the tablet my very generous bear got me for Christmas; that was a surprise, as they told me it would be delivered on 12/24. Of course I can't open it until then, but I'm looking forward to playing with it. LindaL, you look very nice in the pictures; I can't believe your grandchildren are all grown already! LindaR, sometimes I wonder what my old neighborhoods are like, but I really have no desire to go back to NYC, so I guess I'll never know. I know ... Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY,. 12/16)

In Fashion Talk 1418764926.52

Hi girls! It's another icky, overcast day - hopefully it won't turn out to have pouring rain like yesterday did. I don't mind it so much if I'm staying home and don't have to go anywhere, but driving around in that is no fun, especially when I had a fairly long distance to go - 30 miles or so each way. Anyway, I got my reimbursement for the postage on the military packages I mailed, which will cover getting Christmas gifts mailed. Hopefully my things on the sale for deployed troops will sell; I know they're getting lots of packages from people for Christmas, but it's the bleak winter seas... Continue Reading

Re: Sopaholics ODAT---Monday

In Fashion Talk 1418691690.183

Checking in real quick - had to run around doing errands all day, then the rain began....nothing like driving around in pouring rain. Went to Walmart for cat kibble and a new leash for the poorly-named Angelica...spent over $70. (sigh) I need to get my Christmas gifts wrapped and on their way by Friday - Saturday is the deadline for Christmas delivery, but I don't want to take a chance on oversleeping and missing it, since they close early. Have a blessed evening everyone! Continue Reading

Re: Thyme For Fun!

In Recipe Swap 1418625690.01

Hi everyone! Didn't get anything done today - been feeling just blah. Angelica is going to drive me up a wall - she's wrecked two dog beds, chewed up several bowls to where you'd never know they were a bowl in the first place, and also tore a leash to bits. (sigh) I'm starting to think she's poorly named.... G = garlic H = Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, 12/14)

In Fashion Talk 1418598861.73

Jean - that's it - CVN. I was thinking CVS, but knew that wasn't right. Remember the QVC rules they had, and they would measure everything on air, even jewelry, so you could get a good idea of exactly how big it was? All clothing was measured as well. What I especially loved about Kathy was she used to try on the clothing before she did the show, and tell you if something ran large or small, adding something like, "I usually wear a size X, but in this item I'd go up (or down) to a size Y." She and I were exactly the same size, and I never once had to return an article of clothing I boug... Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, 12/14)

In Fashion Talk 1418594773.21

Hi girls! Jean, I wonder what your idea of "overslept" is - 8 a.m.? I got up earlier to feed the dogs and let them out; I now don't let Angelica off a leash or tie-up when she's outside, as she runs off and she's not familiar with her home territory yet. Autumn took off running, but knows her way around - I was feeling too lousy to go looking for her, so I went back to bed. A little while later there was loud knocking at the door and I heard Autumn barking; I thought someone had found her and brought her back, but it was a friend I hadn't seen in some time; she's a teacher and just brou... Continue Reading

Re: Lisa Mason and her husband Gino

In Fashion Talk 1418591905.397

How are their finances anyone's business? I wonder if some of the busibodies here would like it if we asked them how THEY get their money! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 687
1 2 3 4 ...687Next