TSV(R) Preview
134 Members and 11207 Guests Online

FunkyHulaGirl's Activity

Banana Pudding Poke Cake

Last Reply by happy housewife 1414068241.237 | Started by FunkyHulaGirl in Recipe Swap

Banana Pudding Poke Cake 1 box yellow cake mix + ingredients called for on box 2 small boxes banana instant pudding mix 4 cups milk 8 oz. Cool Whip Vanilla wafer crumbs Bananas Prepare cake according to instructions on box for a 9 X 13 cake. With the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes into cake about 1" apart. Whisk together pudding mixes and milk until mixture just begins to thicken. Slowly pour over cake and spread to fill holes and coat cake. Refrigerate for two hours. Spread whipped topping over pudding layer and refrigerate. Before serving sprinkle with vanilla wafer crumbs and to... Continue Reading

Re: Thyme For Fun!

In Recipe Swap 1414020960.92

"Sleep in until 5:30?" Holy cow, Cookie...that's just past my bedtime!!!! Well, I made some pumpkin spice donuts with maple frosting and took them to my mechanic to ask him about fixing my headlight. He suggested I get the part on eBay as it would be much cheaper, and said he'd put it on for free. I'm feeling icky too - tummy hasn't been happy, and I have no energy...think I'll take a nap... T = Taco Bell U = Continue Reading

Re: Cherry Blossoms

In Recipe Swap 1414016500.893

Walker, in that case you want donuts. In fact, I took some pumpkin maple donuts to the mechanic today and asked about getting my broken light fixed. He said I could get the part cheaper on eBay, and once it comes in he'll put it on for free! Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHO LICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, 10/22)

In Fashion Talk 1414001452.75

Hi girls! It's a nice day out - bright and sunny, and not very cool - temps in the 60s. I have to get one of the cousin's birthday presents mailed (fortunately I found the packages), stop by my mechanic (I found a headlight on eBay and want to ask if it's the right one...and also see if they can get it for a comparable price), and exchange my library books. First, though, I'm going to make some donuts...I always take something to the ladies in the library, the clerks at the PO I use are great, and I also have a favor to ask the mechanic: I cleaned out my vacuum cleaner, but put the filter... Continue Reading

Re: Cherry Blossoms

In Recipe Swap 1413939722.82

How good are these? Well, let me tell you... When I had an eye injury and couldn't use the computer to monitor my bank balance, I inadvertently got an overdraft...with a steep fee. Took some of these to the bank next time I had to go. Fee gone! Continue Reading

Re: Need help from you creative geniuses out there!

In Recipe Swap 1413926416.59

Thanks, tkins. Problem is, she has a cake topper she wants to use, so all that would have to glow is the frosting and that involves dipping it. I also did some research on tonic water, and the quinine in it could cause a bad reaction in people who have allergies...and so many kids have allergies these days.... (sigh) Continue Reading

Will it Waffle?

Last Reply by Poodlepet 1413979313.13 | Started by FunkyHulaGirl in Kitchen & Food Talk

This is my latest new cookbook; I got it ever someone posted something like "8 Things to Make in a Waffle Iron" a couple of weeks ago - I went to the link, and that took me to another link, and, well...you know how it goes! Lots of really unique ideas, and the recipes are fast and easy - not to mention, if you're only cooking for one or two people, you're not stuck with a ton of leftovers - you pretty much just make as much as you need. Besides all kinds of waffle recipes, I'm particularly liking the waffled chicken fingers, sweet & sour waffled shrimp wontons, chocolate stuffed French ... Continue Reading

Re: Two BIG complaints about small stuff in lot of new cookbooks

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1413923084.847

On 10/21/2014 ValuSkr said: You can find any kind of recipe online. I can't figure out why people still buy cook books. How about because we enjoy sitting down, relaxing for a while, and just browsing through them? Or because some of us would rather use a cookbook than look at a computer screen or a printed out piece of paper. Continue Reading

Re: Dump Cakes and Dump Meals

In Recipe Swap 1413922780.6

I have Kathy Mitchell's "Dump Cakes and More" - I picked it up on a whim while browsing through a second-hand bookstore, and I'm glad I did; it has lots of good, easy recipes (worth the price of the book for the Peach Melba Cake alone), but only a few are actually "dump cakes" (thus the "...and More). I'd never heard of dump dinners, so I took a look on Amazon. That book has poor reviews; apparently it's just another crock pot cookbook, and not a very good one at that. Continue Reading

Re: Shopaholics - ODAT Tuesday, October 21

In Fashion Talk 1413922174.007

Hi girls! It looks like a beautiful day out there, warm and sunny, so I'm taking the dogs out in a little while before I get down to work. I figure if I do two hours' cleaning a day I'll be through by the end of the month - we're talking heavy cleaning, which is why it takes so long. I did go to Publix yesterday, but it was overcast and raining. I went to the old one that's across the street from a church that has a nice walking path, and sure enough, the rain stopped, but I forgot their leashes. That Publix had only a couple of packages of the cat food that I had gone for on sale left, s... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 670
1 2 3 4 ...670Next