TSV(R) Preview
27 Members and 17458 Guests Online

FunkyHulaGirl's Activity

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, 1/29)

In Fashion Talk 1422575592.713

I have pasta boiling....but now wish I had made the shrimp! The best coconut shrimp I ever had was a Bubba Gump's in Kona. Jean, it's sad to see the things kids are getting into these days. When I was in school, the biggest problems were kids talking, passing notes, and chewing gum. Did you see the news story about the middle school kids who were arrested for having a "secks" party? OK, I'm getting ready to eat, then I'm going to tackle this cake. Wish me luck! Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, 1/29)

In Fashion Talk 1422560809.447

Hi girls! It's warmed up nicely out, with temps in the 50s, but once again I have no plans (r money) to go anywhere. It's been such a tight month, that I've used only 1/2 a tank of gas! I need to do some more cleaning, and tomorrow is the birthday of my new friend who does odd jobs around the house for me. He's originally from New Orleans, so I'm making him a Doberge cake. I've never made one before, and since it involves splitting three cake layers in half (it's a six layer cake) I want to get an early start, just in case I mess up while cutting the layers. I have two recipes - one is ... Continue Reading

Re: Have You Noticed a Change in a Favorite Food Product?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1422559372.073

On 1/29/2015 northernlights said: I have noticed that there are less cheese slices in a package of sliced cheese. I am talking about different kinds of cheeses like Swiss, Cheddar, etc. I am not talking about processed American cheese slices. You get less cheese in the package, but still pay the same price. Yes, now the packages are 11 slices instead of the usual 12! Do they really think people won't notice? As for ice cream, the only kind I buy anymore are Talenti and Ben & Jerry's - don't want the ones with HFCS and all that unpronounceable junk in them. Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, 1/28)

In Fashion Talk 1422479643.567

Hi girls! It's bright and sunny here today, but cool. Since I'm still broke I have no plans to go anywhere, just stay in and do homework and some puttering around. I can't stand having no money! At least I can go to Publix on Friday evening and pay with a check, and they let you write up to an additional $25 over and above the purchase amount. They send their checks to the home office in Florida, which in this case probably won't be done until Monday, so it's always a few days before their checks clear. Glad to hear you had a nice birthday, twinny, which reminds me - I have to see what... Continue Reading

Re: Thyme For Fun!

In Recipe Swap 1422478949.037

Hi everyone! It's bright and sunny out, but I need to do homework and putter around the house today. Being broks stinks! Gosh Tootie, too bad you don't live closer - I'd have you over and make you a nice dinner. And while I did that you could keep from being bored by cleaning my house.... P = Picante sauce The dreaded Q = Continue Reading

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1422478714.287

On 1/28/2015 colinka said: Maybe I'm getting old and my taste buds are changing, but I just can't stand the waxy taste of the M and M's and other chocolate candy products. American-made chocolate candies just don't taste as good as they used to. Of course, this is good for my figure, but I find that I crave a really good piece of chocolate-creamy, melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Anyone have some recommendations? I was reading that a lot of cocoa beans are now GMO; that might account for the change in taste. If you have a Trader Joe's, their "Pounder Plus" chocolate bars (milk, dark, and with... Continue Reading

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1422478480.923

On 1/26/2015 meezerpleezer said: On 1/26/2015 Madisson said: You mean other than getting a lot less for your money? Yes, you get a lot less for your money. Notice that Folgers has dropped the amount in the can AGAIN. It is a lot less, maybe 22 oz. for the same price as when it was 30 oz. or so. Also, I forgot to mention that my parents and brother both remarked that the lemon pound cake which was my grandmother's recipe, doesn't taste "lemony". I use McCormick Lemon extract and always have. The recipe calls for 3 tsp. of lemon extract and now, I have to add 5-6 tsp. to get the same great lem... Continue Reading

In Recipe Swap 1422408342.387

Glad to see you're OK, Kathy! Praying for you and the Baileys. J = junk food K = Continue Reading

In Recipe Swap 1422391276.28

Well, no word from Kathy yet, but I'll keep checking. Tootie, if someone blew snow on the sidewalks I'd just shoveled, I'd march right over and make sure he came and cleaned it off! No snow here; we did have a few flurries last night, but it was too warm for them to stick. It was 39° last time I checked, and overcast. I'm broke, so have no plans to go anywhere. D = Dessert E = Continue Reading

Re: Think the New Underwear You Buy Hasn’t Been Worn Before? Think Again.

In Fashion Talk 1422389899.153

BTW, it's been a long time since I lived in NYC, but I remember that it was illegal for stores to accept returns on panties and bathing suits. Is that still the case? Continue Reading

Page 1 of 699
1 2 3 4 ...699Next