Handbag Clearance
131 Members and 11789 Guests Online

FunkyHulaGirl's Activity

Re: Thyme For Fun!

In Recipe Swap 1397876106.993

OK, this isn't my final choice for my entry, but after the day I've had, I'm thinking of this hat: Continue Reading

Re: Stupid Kitchen Tricks

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1397875927.917

You know, I just remembered one from a board I used to participate in.... One of the posters said she was having the entire family over for Thanksgiving dinner, and her mother (or maybe it was her sister) was helping her out with the cooking, as she had a new baby and things were a bit hectic. The helper made the mashed potatoes, adding the milk that she found in a small container in the refrigerator. Everyone proclaimed the mashed potatoes were the best they ever had. After the meal the poster said she had to feed her baby, and went to the refrigerator to get the breast milk she had put i... Continue Reading

Re: New breads at Aldi

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1397875529.3

On 4/18/2014 Vianney said: FunkyHulaGirl- Would you be willing to share your stuffed french toast recipe? TIA-Via Sure; I have two: Stuffed French Toast 1 cup peeled and chopped firm fruit of your choice (strawberries, apples, etc.) butter 1 tablespoon orange juice 1 egg...beaten 2 tablespoons water 1/4 cup milk a couple drops almond or vanilla extract 8 slices bread maple syrup Grease griddle or non stick skillet. Saute chopped fruit in a little butter til just slightly soft. Stir in juice. Heat til partly evaporated...bout 2 minutes. Set aside and cool slightly. Mix egg, water, milk an... Continue Reading

In Recipe Swap 1397875280.7

Well bigkat, I must have had a normal day once or twice in my life...but I can't say I remember when. Sorry you couldn't see Shemar....(sigh) There was a better pic of him, but I didn't want to melt the screen! W = Whiskey (And I need one today...even though I don't drink the stuff!) x = Continue Reading

Stupid Kitchen Tricks

Last Reply by house cat 1397925725.813 | Started by FunkyHulaGirl in Kitchen & Food Talk

I was talking to my BFF yesterday, and she was telling me about her neighbor who isn't a very good cook...nor is she the sharpest knife in the drawer. The neighbor decided to try and bake a cake for the first time, and she asked my friend why the cake was sticking to the pan, even though she followed the instructions exactly. My friend, who apparently is getting to know what her neighbor is like, had her explain everything she did. to try and figure out the problem Well, the instructions said to grease the bottom of the pan....so that's what she did: She greased the BOTTOM of the pan! A... Continue Reading

Re: Why did my bundt cake burn outside, moist inside?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1397865172.407

Your oven temperature was too hot; try lowering it a bit next time - or better yet, get an oven thermometer and see if your oven needs calibrating. Continue Reading

In Recipe Swap 1397865013.84

Whoa - I know Shemar is larger-than-life, but I didn't expect his picture to be THAT big! Continue Reading

In Recipe Swap 1397864880.733

Hi everyone! I'm having a really crummy day; started out with finding that "someone" squishy-pooped all over the rug in various places; my computer got infected with some malware, and I spent hours trying to find it and get the computer cleaned up. Every time I'd come to QVC I'd get someone screaming YOU HAVE BEEN SPECIALLY SELECTED TO TAKE A QVC SURVEY! or some such nonsense. I'm so sick and tired of ads of every kind, as well as spyware, scams, and all the other assorted things that have taken the fun out of the internet! Man, I cussed those *$% out.... I had to vacuum, and the new va... Continue Reading

New breads at Aldi

Last Reply by Vianney 1397922677.647 | Started by FunkyHulaGirl in Kitchen & Food Talk

I stopped by Aldi for some strawberries yesterday, and it was a madhouse! No strawberries, but I saw they have some new breads: Cornbread (which they call"'Kornbread"), brioche, and na'an. I bought the na'an, and just had some - I used it as a pizza base, and boy, was it ever good! I'm sorry I didn't get the brioche - it would probably make a fabulous stuffed French toast - but I'll get it next time. Hopefully these will be regular items. Definitely recommend your trying these! Continue Reading

Re: Shopaholics One Day At A Time - Friday

In Fashion Talk 1397863495.35

Thanks, Linda. I wouldn't bother with having anything else done - Autumn has short hair, and she's in the water all the time, so a bath isn't a concern - it's just that her nails are very long and I don't want her ruining my leather couch. I'm having a totally rotten day, which is getting worse and worse since that cr@ppy start! Firefox keeps giving me a "not responding" message, which it's been doing for days, even after I reset it. I hate to have to switch to Chrome because of Google's "eyes everywhere," but might not have a choice. I came to the QVC site earlier and all of a sudden sta... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 583
1 2 3 4 ...583Next