New Holiday Decor
107 Members and 11651 Guests Online

FunkyHulaGirl's Activity

Re: Cherry Blossoms

In Recipe Swap 1413939722.82

How good are these? Well, let me tell you... When I had an eye injury and couldn't use the computer to monitor my bank balance, I inadvertently got an overdraft...with a steep fee. Took some of these to the bank next time I had to go. Fee gone! Continue Reading

Re: Need help from you creative geniuses out there!

In Recipe Swap 1413926416.59

Thanks, tkins. Problem is, she has a cake topper she wants to use, so all that would have to glow is the frosting and that involves dipping it. I also did some research on tonic water, and the quinine in it could cause a bad reaction in people who have allergies...and so many kids have allergies these days.... (sigh) Continue Reading

Will it Waffle?

Last Reply by ChynnaBlue 1413926163.773 | Started by FunkyHulaGirl in Kitchen & Food Talk

This is my latest new cookbook; I got it ever someone posted something like "8 Things to Make in a Waffle Iron" a couple of weeks ago - I went to the link, and that took me to another link, and, well...you know how it goes! Lots of really unique ideas, and the recipes are fast and easy - not to mention, if you're only cooking for one or two people, you're not stuck with a ton of leftovers - you pretty much just make as much as you need. Besides all kinds of waffle recipes, I'm particularly liking the waffled chicken fingers, sweet & sour waffled shrimp wontons, chocolate stuffed French ... Continue Reading

Re: Two BIG complaints about small stuff in lot of new cookbooks

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1413923084.847

On 10/21/2014 ValuSkr said: You can find any kind of recipe online. I can't figure out why people still buy cook books. How about because we enjoy sitting down, relaxing for a while, and just browsing through them? Or because some of us would rather use a cookbook than look at a computer screen or a printed out piece of paper. Continue Reading

Re: Dump Cakes and Dump Meals

In Recipe Swap 1413922780.6

I have Kathy Mitchell's "Dump Cakes and More" - I picked it up on a whim while browsing through a second-hand bookstore, and I'm glad I did; it has lots of good, easy recipes (worth the price of the book for the Peach Melba Cake alone), but only a few are actually "dump cakes" (thus the "...and More). I'd never heard of dump dinners, so I took a look on Amazon. That book has poor reviews; apparently it's just another crock pot cookbook, and not a very good one at that. Continue Reading

Re: Shopaholics - ODAT Tuesday, October 21

In Fashion Talk 1413922174.007

Hi girls! It looks like a beautiful day out there, warm and sunny, so I'm taking the dogs out in a little while before I get down to work. I figure if I do two hours' cleaning a day I'll be through by the end of the month - we're talking heavy cleaning, which is why it takes so long. I did go to Publix yesterday, but it was overcast and raining. I went to the old one that's across the street from a church that has a nice walking path, and sure enough, the rain stopped, but I forgot their leashes. That Publix had only a couple of packages of the cat food that I had gone for on sale left, s... Continue Reading

Re: Help! One oven, two items to bake, different temperatures.

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1413920149.837

Do you have a good-sized toaster oven, or a Nesco? Bake the tomatoes in there. Continue Reading

Re: Thyme For Fun!

In Recipe Swap 1413832141.603

Hi everyone! Well, I got the clothes swap finished! It wasn't nearly as bad as it used to be as I've gotten rid of a lot of stuff, but I'm worn out from all those trips up and down the stairs. I want to get the "Big Clean" done by the end of the month, but I think I'm going to just do some easy jobs today - if I overdo I'll end up aching for days and nothing will get done. I do want to take a drive out to Publix - they have a good sale on cat food, and it's not in their usual sale rotation so I want to get another month's supply. We're having nice weather too - 72° but supposedly feel... Continue Reading

Re: Shopaholics - ODAT Monday

In Fashion Talk 1413831613.197

Hi girls! Well, I did it - the clothes swap is OVER. It wasn't as bad as it as in years past as I've given so much away, and the large winter closet is actually at a point where I can easily get at everything in there and not have to climb over boxes. I got a big bag together for the missions closet, and even found a ring I had bought as part of a cousin's Christmas gift last year and forgot about. I did part with some of my favorite tops; I still love them, but found myself wearing them often, which means that others that I have that are NWT don't get worn at all. In organizing my purs... Continue Reading

Re: Thyme For Fun!

In Recipe Swap 1413766856.587

OK, UB is almost over....I got the chest emptied, now I have to put away the summer tops and bring down some sweaters.. M = Meatballs & spaghetti N = Continue Reading

Page 1 of 669
1 2 3 4 ...669Next