TSV(R) Preview
117 Members and 9923 Guests Online

FunkyHulaGirl's Activity

Re: Thyme For Fun!

In Recipe Swap 1414211118.14

Good night, everyone! T - tuna U = Continue Reading

Re: Need a kitchen island/work station?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1414209469.08

Well, you could sit alongside it - there's the drawer and shelves and basket, so you couldn't put your legs under. I particularly like the granite top - it's nice for rolling out dough. Continue Reading

Need a kitchen island/work station?

Last Reply by denisemb 1414212656.873 | Started by FunkyHulaGirl in Kitchen & Food Talk

I got this one on Amazon two years ago for $97, and I love it! Well, Aldi has the same thing this week for $49. Continue Reading

In Recipe Swap 1414180115.117

Hi everyone! It's a beautiful day out - looks like the weather will be nice throughout the weekend. Irene will be so surprised to see the Tumblers - she just had a mastectomy a month or so ago, her husband was recently in the hospital, and one of her cats was just diagnosed with a heart problem, so she needs us to cheer her up! M = milkshake N = Continue Reading

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Friday

In Fashion Talk 1414179758.933

Hi girls! It's another beautiful Indian Summer day, so I'll be taking the dogs out for their walk in a little while. Susan, I'm pretty much having the same kind of day as you - I have to run to the PO to mail the other cousin's birthday present, continue on with my cleaning, and get some laundry done. Unlike you, however, I didn't get to bed until after 5 a.m., lol! I was reading one of my cozy mysteries by a writer who's new to me, and I just had to finish it - I didn't realize how late/early it was. I love my thrillers, but when I want to just relax that's my preferred genre. Yesterda... Continue Reading

In Recipe Swap 1414117002.583

Oh boy, Michigan! One of my cousins lives in Michigan, and it's her birthday this weekend, so we can surprise her with a performance of Tookie & the Tumblers! She'll never be expecting that.... E = Eggs F = Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (Thursday, 10/23)

In Fashion Talk 1414100830.83

Hi, Judge Liz - didn't see you earlier; we must have posted at the same time. Marijane, Trader Joe's is WONDERFUL - we drive almost 100 miles to get to the nearest one, and have been campaigning for one in my town. All the food they sell is non-GMO sourced, and most is organic, yet the prices are extremely reasonable. They have a pounder chocolate bar that's absolutely wonderful, nice frozen items, unique produce - I usually go nuts in there and stock up, since I go only every other month or so. They sell a cookie butter that everyone loves, and I hear they now have cookie butter ice c... Continue Reading

Re: Your best Friend! What do you give her for Christmas?

In Fashion Talk 1414099965.74

My BFF used to be a JW and although she's now a born-again Christian, she still doesn't like to celebrate holidays or birthdays, so we don't exchange gifts on those. We now live far apart but exchange "care packages" throughout the year; I pick up things for her (and other friends) as I see stuff I think she'll love. Her next package will be sent just before Thanksgiving (the only holiday she likes), and will include two Coldwater Creek sweaters (I got them for 90% off when the store was closing), a gorgeous floral necklace, earrings, and a couple of books - a thriller which I read and am p... Continue Reading

In Recipe Swap 1414094238.877

Hi everyone! We're having a nice Indian Summer as well - in fact, it's supposed to go back into the high 70s-low 80s again in a few days. If it stayed this way until spring, I'd be happy! I usually do my "big" shopping at the beginning of the month, then pick up things here and there as I need them. My cupboards are overflowing - there's so much in there that I've totally forgotten I have and I'm trying to focus on using some of it up. All too often I buy something I think I need...and then find I already had it. It would be nice to not have things falling out every time I open a cabinet!... Continue Reading

Re: Dump Cakes and Dump Meals

In Recipe Swap 1414093413.747

I admit the name "dump cakes" is unappealing, especially in light of what else "dump" has come to mean in the last few years but there's nothing to stop you from giving your creation a fancy name when someone asks you what it's called. Like the Black Forest Dump Cake could be called "Black Forest Fantasy" or "A Quick Black Forest Walk" or something. I think really good cooks are a combination of being born and made - it's like with any talent; one doesn't become a concert pianist overnight - it takes years of practice to develop the talent, but if you don't have it to begin with, forget a... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 671
1 2 3 4 ...671Next