Holidays at Home
117 Members and 10901 Guests Online

FunkyHulaGirl's Activity

Re: Trader Joe's-New/Fall Seasonal Items!!!

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1412033735.867

Well, then by all means, pay the ripoff prices at Whole Foods if it makes you happy, but don't knock those of us who like Trader Joe's. Continue Reading

Re: Thyme For Fun!

In Recipe Swap 1412032906.87

Well Tootie, your nephew blew it BIG TIME, not only neglecting to invite you, but Tookie & the Tumblers as well. They could have been ahead of the curve, had the latest wedding trend, and for FREE! I think you should print this out, send it to them, and let them read it and weep: Hula Hoops: The Next Big Wedding Trend by Lara Eastburn Crystal Darling-Ketcham by Lara Eastburn In recent years, the modern hula hoop has spread from its now decade-old origins at music festivals to local parks, gyms and dance studios, and even the covers of magazines. What’s the next unlikely p... Continue Reading

Re: Stuffed cabbage

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1412032109.607

Well, first of all, I look for a cabbage with loose leaves, the I cut through the "rib" near the base of the cabbage, one leaf at a time. I can usually get a dozen or so leaves that way, which is all I need, and I shred the rest of the cabbage and put it on the bottom of the pot. Here's the recipe I use: 1 head of cabbage Approx. 1 lb. of ground beef 1 egg 1 onion, chopped a few Tbs. of Worcestershire sauce (adds moistness) 1/2 - 1 cup of cooked rice salt & pepper 2 cans condensed tomato soup Separate the cabbage leaves as I mentioned above, and parboil for a couple of minutes to they... Continue Reading

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1412029591.73

If you look at the Trader Joe's website, you'll see that ALL their products are non-GMO. I went to Whole(paycheck)Foods when they bought out a local supermarket...and the prices are so outrageous I never went back. For you pumpkin fans, on the website's home page they have these: Apparently they're mini ice cream sandwiches with pumpkin ice cream and ginger cookies. Continue Reading

Re: Velveeta

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1412017408.437

YUM! Velveeta is not cheese Velveeta is not cheese. Velveeta is a cheese-like substance. In industry language, Velveeta is packaged as a ‘pasteurized prepared cheese product’. That basically mean it’s processed. Processing extends shelf life and allows manufacturers to make a uniform, consistent product. It’s also cheaper because you’re mixing inexpensive inputs together rather than relying on milk and enzymes alone. Ingredients in Velveeta cheese: Milk, water, milkfat, whey, whey protein concentrate, sodium phosphate, milk protein concentrate, alginate, sod... Continue Reading

Re: Shopaholics ODAT

In Fashion Talk 1412015893.03

Hi girls! Well, fall is definitely in the air....even though the temps are still warm (thankfully) I can sense the difference...maybe it's the change in light or something. I took the dogs to the park yesterday and despite the fact it was warm out, Autumn spent only a couple of minutes in the creek before she came out; usually she hates to leave, so I guess she's sensing it too. Homework is coming along; I'm almost caught up. Once this semester is done next Friday, my attention will turn to a major house-cleaning. LindaR, I'm looking to get rid of things I don't need as well, as I can't st... Continue Reading

In Recipe Swap 1411952713.407

OK, OK...I'm plodding along... I = Ice cream J = Continue Reading

In Recipe Swap 1411952711.65

OK, OK...I'm plodding along... I = Ice cream J = Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, 9/28)

In Fashion Talk 1411932514.797

Jean, where do you find Amazon's warehouse section? Continue Reading

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1411930701.437

I'm planning to make a trip there next month, as soon as I've made some room in my freezer. I can't wait to see what's new and exciting, although I'm definitely stocking up on more of those yummy chocolate croissants and I want to try the cookie butter ice cream. Frankly, I don't "get" the whole pumpkin thing - I've never cared for it. Every so often I'll try something new in pumpkin, but it's always, "Meh!" One thing I have to get is dog kibble - my girls don't care for kibble, but they'll scarf down the one from TJs. BTW, for you TJ fans who are also on FB, there's a Trader Joe's group ... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 659
1 2 3 4 ...659Next