Resort & Cruise Shop
133 Members and 18609 Guests Online

HappyVal's Activity

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, 1/13)

In Fashion Talk 1421178703.717

Jean and Marijane, thanks for the tip on making paragraphs! Just had to try it out! Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1421165810.97

Ipad STILL doesn't allow paragraphs! Marijane how do you do it? LindL, what book did you discuss? Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1421165680.067

So glad to check in and see all my friends here! I just don't stop by as often as I'd like to. Jean, I'm really glad your monitoring is coming to an end. I hope that the data collected will result in positive outcome for you! BTW, I use the First Aid Ultra for my eczema/mild psoriasis and it really helps, especially throughout winter. Thanks for the tip on the special, because I am nearly out. Susan you inspire me, because I need to declutter. I would be embarrassed to have you visit me, because you must have the neatest house, and mine always looks so cluttered. Continue Reading

Re: Shopaholics ODAT---Monday

In Fashion Talk 1412608024.587

Linda, that's so funny that you could pick out the Q clothing! Every now and then I will see someone on the street and wonder if they got what they are wearing at the Q. I'm not sure what the trigger is - the thing that makes me think QVC. The only thing I KNOW I've seen that came from QVC was a Dooney handbag like the one I have. Speaking of handbags, I think it's time I switched from my summer straw to a more fall/winter look! Continue Reading

Re: Le Creuset, here at Q!

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1412561501.747

Thanks for the replies! I didn't know that Lodge was made in China. I just assumed they were made here in Tennessee. I do like the way it cooks. Even heat distribution, easy to keep clean, great for slow cooking. I did notice that the bottom is not flat like LC. It is somewhat rounded at the bottom edge, which means it doesn't make full contact with the heat source. I've learned to work with that. Continue Reading

Re: It's SHOPAHOLICS Sunday!

In Fashion Talk 1412534330.743

Linda, I think you should get the heater! If I'm right, you felt the same way when this heater was offered last year, but you didn't purchase it. Seems to me that it's going to keep calling your name until you make it yours. I have a similar one in our cabin, and use it frequently. Our furnace runs on propane, and that is quite expensive. Speaking of heaters, I finally had to turn mine on last night. Seems like I was running the AC only 2 weeks ago and today it was 42 degrees when I woke up! Continue Reading

Re: Le Creuset, here at Q!

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1412533325.563

I have always wanted an LC Dutch oven but the price kept me away. Instead, I bought an enameled cast iron Dutch oven made by Lodge. It was about $65 at Kohls. Do you LC owners think the LC is really that much better? Continue Reading

Re: TSV a good deal?

In TSV Talk 1406058092.63

I bought the earlier version of this printer 2 years ago. Same mfg, brand, capability, and price (I actually paid more because S&H was not free). I was very disappointed because despite the advertised page count, I had to refill ink cartridges after about 25 pages of mixed color and B&W. These pages were not photographs, they were very simple flyer-type pages. If I had known how costly the ink was, and HOW OFTEN IT NEEDED TO BE REPLACED, I would never have purchased this printer. Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, 7/9)

In Fashion Talk 1404918958.66

Rosa! So glad you posted. I am not on the forum as much these days, but I do check in from time to time, and I was very glad to hear from you. Ruby Tuesday croutons are THE BEST, I agree. I think I could just fill a bowl with croutons and snack for dinner. Jean, we had a good bit of wind and rain, but we were not in the red zone, like WV was. Glad your impatiens survived, they are lovely. I have a Vera Bradley duffel I bought a few years ago and I love it! I use it frequently. Good deal for you. Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JULY 1)

In Fashion Talk 1404229995.48

Jean, I'm so glad to hear how well you seem to be doing after a year of treatment for AFib. You strike me as a conscientious patient who is her own "best advocate" for good health. I can relate to your grocery woes, as I must drive 18 miles to reach a Kroger or other grocery store. Our local IGA carries many things, but prices are high and they don't have much variety. Linda, you and DH stay so busy, and yet you still have time for your volunteer job. Sorry about the guinea pig. I remember my girls losing hamsters and gerbils. We had a gerbil that disappeared for 3 weeks until we realized he ... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 64
1 2 3 4 ...64Next