Meant for Mom(SM)
153 Members and 10918 Guests Online

HappyVal's Activity

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time Monday

In Fashion Talk 1397518026.507

I'm so, so sorry,Rosa, and I can hardly believe it. I will pray for your peace and comfort. What a devastating turn of events. We are here to support you in any way we can. Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY)

In Fashion Talk 1397231959.913

LindaR, I'm like you with a grocery list. If I don't have a list, I feel very bad about shopping. DH is the opposite, so I hate to let him shop alone. He also never checks prices. But I won't be doing much of the shopping with this arm, so I better not complain! Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY)

In Fashion Talk 1397231672.07

Jean, does your new HVAC qualify for a tax credit? The company should be able to tell you and provide a statement if so. Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY)

In Fashion Talk 1396372242.86

Hello all! I'm waiting on DH to come take me to my Dr appointment. They will check my arm's progress. May have another X-ray. I'll need a refill of pain meds, too. I delayed taking one last night and found out I'm just not ready yet. Has anyone noticed that S&H charges are missing from the product description pages? Or is my iPad going wacky? Kathleen, hope you feel better and get some energy back. Susan, when we need HVAC repair, it's always in July or January! Jean, I hope your sub day goes well. Linda, I hope your volunteer work goes productively. Gayle, did you see any D&co that y... Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY)

In Fashion Talk 1394055149.327

Arlene - when I first took the volunteer training, our instructor told us that we now had more training than the average HR block employee! DD Sarah went to HR Block two years ago with one W2 and single-no dependents, and paid $200 to have her return filed! I am so happy to help folks who shouldn't have to come up with that kind of money to file. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1394048653.69

Rosa, the pictures are great! Thanks for sharing with us! Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1394038918.207

I have been volunteering with AARP's Tax Aide program several days a week, and have really been enjoying meeting people and helping them get the best tax refund possible. The training and volunteering have taken a lot of my time, but that's a good thing. Such a great service for folks. Everything is free for the taxpayer (unless he owes, of course). I'm getting excited about my trip to Israel the end of the month. I'm planning on taking a single carry on for the entire two weeks! While in Israel I hope to buy a pair of Naot sandals, so that's one pair of shoes I don't need to pack! Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1394038635.94

Hello everyone! I have not been on much, frankly I have been spending less and less time (and money) with QVC. Stopped by today to catch up and say hello! Jean, I've lost the pw for Rosa's photos. Maybe you could message me on FB? Hope you are pleased with the new microwave, and Linda, you certainly sound like you needed the ironing board. Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT TUES!!

In Fashion Talk 1389110186.93

Rosa, the wedding pictures were beautiful! Thanks for letting us take a peek. Jean, we now must pay sales tax on Amazon purchases (as of Jan. 1), which is a 9.25% increase for me. It has definitely made me think twice about purchases. My subscribe and save dog food is still cheaper than the local groceries, however! Kathleen, glad DD arrived home safely. I also like Laura Geller's makeup, especially her Bronze N Brighten, which is a goto for me. Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT TUES!!

In Fashion Talk 1389109830.633

Hello, everyone, and brrrr! 1 degree F here this morning. My tax classes have been cancelled the last two days and I only hope we make them up. That may be difficult considering everyone's schedules. My rib is improving slowly, once I stopped pretending I could still move and lift like normal! I was getting worse day by day until DH put his foot down and told me to stop bending, reaching, etc. I cannot sleep on my side, and I'm a side sleeper, so that's the hardest part at night. I expect I'll be fine in 6 weeks or so. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 63
1 2 3 4 ...63Next