Creede Silver Sale
16 Members and 12821 Guests Online

ThinkOutsideTheBox's Activity

Re: Tired of sticky skincare serums

In Beauty Banter 1412193027.6

I have not read all the posts here, so forgive me if someone mentioned this already......the culprit (almost always) for the sticky feeling in moisturizers and cosmetics, is glycerin. It is a cheap ingredient, and it is used because it can attract moisture in the air to the skin while also acting as a general moisturizer and smoother itself. It is also basically a sugar, so bacteria tend to love it. I avoid glycerin if at all possible, because I hate the feel and it does break me out. Oddly, you will also often find glycerin in many hair products for curly haired gals, but glycerin is known t... Continue Reading

Re: Microsoft has announced WINDOWS 10

In Electronics Talk 1412192367.73

I LOVED, and I mean really loved, Windows XP for many years. Once I started school for Network Security, I began working with Vista, and boy did I curse out that OS at least thirty times per day. However, I began to be very fond of Vista, in the way people become fond of the runts of puppy and kitten litters. ;) Moved on to Windows 7...loved it in theory....HATED, and still HATE it in practice. Despite what everyone says about loving Windows 7, I have never seen a Microsoft OS screw itself up so often after MS updates...EVER! When Windows 8 came out, I did a lot of reading about improvements ... Continue Reading

Re: Adult Acne..HELP!!

In Beauty Banter 1412065116.367

Acne can be a very individualized problem. What works for one person, may not work at all for another. Hormonal, cystic acne is especially annoying but can be controlled often far more easily than acne caused by reactions to product ingredients, just because finding the long list of ingredients that affects YOU can take forever, and that list can change over time. If your daughter gets hormonal acne, there are several supplements, which when taken together, work very well over time. Google Lactoferrin and its forms. A product that I love which has Lactoferrin in it is Futurebiotics Acne Advan... Continue Reading

Re: Side Effect of Hair, Nails , Skin Supplements

In Health & Fitness 1411990783.857

Many people have a problem with digestive upset and nausea when they take extra B vitamins. I used to be unable to tolerate above 25 mg of any B vitamin at once. Others can tolerate more, some tolerate much less. Without knowing what else you take, either supplement or prescription/over the counter medicine, it would be hard to speculate about why you have trouble with the Hair Skin and Nails. Do you take anything else at about the same time? It is a great vitamin. I would not be without it, so I am sorry that you are having trouble. If you really want to get into learning more about your dig... Continue Reading

Re: Best Gray Eyeliner Pencil?

In Beauty Banter 1410916436.487

First, some info that may help...I am 47, but still have extremely oily eyelids and under eye areas. Consequently, pencil eyeliners have to be long-wearing to work for me. That being said, the Ulta Charcoal and the Revlon Colorstay are the only ones that do not run right off my eyes. I have used Palladio, but while I love the color and consistency, it is gone within a few hours.....completely gone. Beware of the Ulta sometimes, by the way. While it is my number one choice right with Colorstay, if you get an Ulta pencil that has dried out and looks powdery white at the tip, trade it in right a... Continue Reading

Re: Ban the Mom Heel!

In Fashion Talk 1410850973.947

On 9/14/2014 happy housewife said: I wear "Mom" jeans because they are way way way more flattering than muffin tops and flab hanging out the tops of the pants or skin tight stretchy fabric over the thighs and butts. Mom jeans may not be the latest style but they are way more flattering on everyone but little girls or very extremely thin women. I wore hip hugger pants when I was young and mini skirts and a lot of what designers are again pushing at us. I once heard a designer on TV say "If you were around to wear this the first time - you should not be wearing it now" Truer words have never be... Continue Reading

Re: Ban the Mom Heel!

In Fashion Talk 1410850314.49

On 9/13/2014 Ms X said: I saw this suede slip-on on sale at Maryland Square (about $22) and thought it would be nice for the cold Northeastern winter, but my size wasn't available. They have some great sales on sneakers and a couple of pairs of suede boots that are less than half price, although the sizes are probably spotty. I like this mom heel! MsX, that shoe is adorable! Which one is it? I cannot seem to find it on the site you mentioned. Oops! Never mind...I found it, and no sizes for me either. bummer! Continue Reading

Re: Dr. Who Performed Joan's Throat Surgery is Out

In Joan Rivers Classics Collection 1410582117.21

To me, this all seems so simple. Joan likely died from a pulmonary embolism that chose to appear at a very bad time. The clot was likely formed during one of her many flights back and forth across the country. As far as firing doctors (or doctors stepping down) at the clinic she was in, this is easy to understand as well. People naturally want to blame someone or something when the death of a loved one occurs (and to Joan's fans, she was very beloved, regardless of true family ties). The clinic has to minimize their risk of a lawsuit and the damage to the clinic reputation from all the negati... Continue Reading

Re: Such a great tribute from Mike Rowe (remember him?!)

In Joan Rivers Classics Collection 1410307491.403

I got the Lutheran comment just fine. And, it was funny! Back in the day, before everything was so PC (in the phony way it all is now), The meaning Pistolino supplied is exactly correct. Mike Rowe's story is awesome! Did someone say he has a book out? Continue Reading

Re: High Cholesterol - How to eat, etc.

In Health & Fitness 1408772307.293

I "accidentally" dropped my cholesterol by 40 points in about six months. I say accidentally, because although my father and his side of the family have all either suffered or dropped dead of heart attacks before age 50 (five brothers in all and their father), and although my total cholesterol number had my doctor squawking, I did nothing to try to reduce my total cholesterol number. I believe looking at just the total cholesterol number is hooey, and the CRP, LDL number, LDL particle size and especially the triglyceride number are all far more important (all of that was fine for me). I have ... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 158
1 2 3 4 ...158Next