Spring Fashion Days
143 Members and 18607 Guests Online

ThinkOutsideTheBox's Activity

Re: HELP!!! Problem with MS Word

In Electronics Talk 1425584311.493

Also, Wordpad is NOT going to reopen her documents with every single bit of formatting or any other special feature of MS Word that she may have used, intact. Wordpad is fine if she just wants to recover the raw words, but when I suggested LibreOffice, I assumed she wanted to open her docs having them look and behave just as they did in Office. Continue Reading

Re: O/T Are you naturally an organized person or do you have to work at it...

In Fashion Talk 1425547001.4

I am a naturally organized person AND I have to slave at it because I am marrid to the world's biggest slob and procrastinator. ;) Continue Reading

Re: HELP!!! Problem with MS Word

In Electronics Talk 1425546894.247

Docs girl, this is very simple to fix in the short term. Go online and find LibreOffice. Only get it from their site, nowhere else please. Install that program. It is a Microsoft Office replacement, and a very good one. It is what I had to use when my mom had to get a new computer and all her docs were in a very old Microsoft Works format. Despite her having a brand new Office package on her new computer, the new Office could not open its own older doc versions. Although I am highly computer literate and a Microsoft user and general supporter, I do not have time for nonsense, so I promptly in... Continue Reading

Re: Brown Mascara

In Beauty Banter 1425546310.147

True, gorgeous brown mascaras can be found at a site called Just For Redheads. I stumbled onto this site several years ago when I was searching the Internet high and low for brown mascaras, because I too have always looked awful in black or brown/black. They just never looked right on me in the daytime. They have several types, but the mascara I get from JFR also comes with a lash comb attached in the cap, which is so handy and a very nice touch. I usually get ginger brown, and I am a true brunette. The quality is outstanding too. No flaking under my eyes, and a very soft feel to the lashes a... Continue Reading

Re: Possible Lyme Cure?

In Health & Fitness 1425319513.35

You have to be careful with Claritin. It can be bad for men because it negatively affects the prostate, and although we women don't have that particular piece of anatomy, when I took Claritin, I felt like I had a bladder infection every time. It was weird. Continue Reading

Re: Do you highlight lines to camouflage?

In Beauty Banter 1425317961.043

I heard Laura Geller mention something about that just this morning. She was talking about using her baked vanilla highlighter to do it. Of course, a light hand with good blending would be needed, other wise we would look like we had war paint on instead! ;) Continue Reading

Re: How is the Rangemate for cooking rice?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1424914274.83

So how long would I could brown rice for and what proportions of water to rice should I try? This sounds like a fun idea. Continue Reading

Re: Will Ninja Multi-cookers come back?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1424913710.763

On 2/24/2015 tigriss said: On 2/24/2015 fthunt said: Be happy you didn't spend $159 for this cooker like I did - it's big - it's heavy - and it's a lousy slow cooker. Light weight lid plus a steam escape hole in the lid allows liquid to boil away (thermostat runs too hot - can't control a nice even temp) - ruined a $20 ++ corned beef. They did you a favor by pulling it from inventory - there are better products out there. They are in stores like WalMart and Kohls, so take a look in person. As for the slow cooker function, bung up the hole. Just put some tin foil or paper towel in it. I alway... Continue Reading

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1424913627.77

On 2/24/2015 aroc34 said: I have a Nesco. It roasts and does slow cooking. The Q does offer this in a couple of different sizes. Other vendors also carry it. "Google" it and see if this might be the ticket for you. I like its versatility. My model is the 18 Qt. capacity in red with the porcelain enamel insert which I prefer to any non stick. If you do purchase one be sure to follow the directions that come with it before using so that you get rid of the materials around the heating element that need to "burn off" or "cure." Aroc34, thanks so very much! I love the idea of a porcelain insert! ... Continue Reading

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1424913559.147

On 2/24/2015 fthunt said: Be happy you didn't spend $159 for this cooker like I did - it's big - it's heavy - and it's a lousy slow cooker. Light weight lid plus a steam escape hole in the lid allows liquid to boil away (thermostat runs too hot - can't control a nice even temp) - ruined a $20 ++ corned beef. They did you a favor by pulling it from inventory - there are better products out there. Ahhhh.....now see? That is invaluable information to have! I really appreciate you letting me know that. I would not have thought about that kind of problem at all! Thanks so much! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 166
1 2 3 4 ...166Next