146 Members and 19707 Guests Online

catmama's Activity

Re: Louise Penny's next book

In Book Club 1428609416.22

I am almost dreading the release of her next book. I listen to them and the reader, Ralph Chosam, was incredible. He brought every character to life and gave each book a sense of grace. He passed away last year and I can't imagine how the new books will sound. I have read postings by Louise on how incredibly lucky she was to have him read her books and I'm sure it will be difficult for her to find someone to replace him. Continue Reading

Re: Puffy Eyes

In Beauty Banter 1428435990.05

On 4/7/2015 adelle38 said: Dickinson's Witch Hazel works for me. Never thought of this. Do you just dab on with cotton ball? Continue Reading

Re: What Are You Reading --- March 2015

In Book Club 1427486464.1

On 3/26/2015 smokymtngal said: I finished The Bone Clocks (David Mitchell). It's a very long book, and sometimes confusing, but the destination was worth the journey. I didn't know what to expect next. I love that about a book. Totally unpredictable with flashes of brilliance, and a very moving ending. I also finished Station Eleven (Emily St. John Mandel) another fabulous, unpredictable book. What are the odds I could get two such great books in a row. I'm not always a fan of the back and forth in time and characters, but Ms. Mandel did it brilliantly. I could not decide what to read next. I... Continue Reading

In Book Club 1426535821.39

On 3/14/2015 smokymtngal said: I'm still reading A Sudden Light. It's totally different from The Art of Racing in the Rain, but I really like it so far. Two other books just became available on my kindle (The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell, and Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel) I've been waiting a long time for both of those books. I'd better hurry up and finish my current book. I'm listening to The Bone Clocks and am really enjoying it. I tried to read Cloud Atlas, but just couldn't get into it, so maybe I'll try the audible version after I finish Bone Clocks. Continue Reading

Re: Please bring back Lidia Bastianich

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1426017012.5

I have her pasta bowls and rectangular bakers and love them all. The baking pans clean beautifully and the patterns and colors are so cheerful. Continue Reading

In Book Club 1425502861.87

I just finished A Sudden Light by Garth Stein. He wrote The Art of Racing in the Rain which was a best seller a few years back. New book takes place in Seattle in the 90s and is about a boy who travels with his father to Seattle to the family home. Lots of secrets and some ghosts. Well written and I enjoyed it. Continue Reading

Re: Masterbuilt smoker

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1423860753.267

We have a wood smoker which hubby uses frequently, but he wanted to try the Masterbuilt for the winter when it's difficult to keep the wood smoker at a consistent temp. Bought it from QVC about 4 years ago, used it 3 or 4 times and hasn't used it since. Same problem, inconsistent and it leaked. Taking up space in the garage now. Continue Reading

Re: Has anyone here ever had surgery for nasal polyps?

In Health & Fitness 1423515865.703

Does your daughter want to continue suffering, because it doesn't get better. I went over 2 years before I had the surgery back in the last 70s and I wish I hadn't waited so long. The recovery is uncomfortable and longer than you think it should be, but I can breathe and I don't have sinus infections or headaches any more. Oh and my sense of smell returned, which in some cases wasn't so pleasing! Continue Reading

Re: Help! Anyone Have Penzey's Latest Catalog Handy?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1422651472.72

On 1/29/2015 Dusty1 said: On 1/29/2015 catmama said: Ladies - this Seattle girl would like to know what is Penzey's? Penzey's Spice Co. Online & some stores. They have wonderful spices & seasonings in different amounts that you can buy. And, like it's been said here, you can get free S&H today with an order of $20 (usually $30) & they have the most wonderful cinnamon in the world. Thanks Dusty1, I'll check it out. Continue Reading

Re: Help! Anyone Have Penzey's Latest Catalog Handy?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1422564328.237

Ladies - this Seattle girl would like to know what is Penzey's? Continue Reading

Page 1 of 11
1 2 3 4 ...11Next