Back-in-Stock Fashions
17 Members and 12311 Guests Online

fthunt's Activity

Re: Easy Way To Peel Butternut Squash?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1414799267.54

Why peel - why work so hard? Oven at 375 degrees - cut squash in half - scoop out seeds - wash - dry -in the seed cavity put salt/pepper/butter and 'tent' cover the squash halves with aluminum foil and place on cookie sheet - and bake for hour and half or until your fork slides in the squash easily. Take cookie sheet out - scoop out squash to a bowl - mash any lumps - add more butter - s/p if desired. Do this a day ahead of turkey day - then just reheat on the big day. Enjoy and never peel a squash again! Continue Reading

Re: Too Much Posing

In Fashion Talk 1414798520.32

Change will be so good! Welcome 2015................................. Continue Reading

Re: Question about Penzey's "Lamb Seasoning"

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1414781650.37

Can I assume you have a leg of lamb to roast? That's what you'd need seasoning and rub for. I've cooked many Leg roast - first you cut garlic cloves into rather thin pieces - then cut narrow not too deep slits in the meat and insert the garlic slices in. Then a rub to the outside of the roast - pepper - salt - garlic powder - and the lamb seasoning and bake. The smells of it cooking will drive the cat/dog crazy! Don't over cook it - Europeans like theirs slightly pink inside - and I do too! yum yum Continue Reading

Re: Love Laura Geller products but one caveat

In Laura Geller 1414694619.857

Gee I've never had a problem and I've used up about 6 of the Blush & Brightener right down to the bare plastic bottom over the years. Use it daily - sometimes twice and no issue with me. Continue Reading

Re: Honora Please Please Change some things...I love Your pearls but...

In Honora 1414688089.493

Agree.....especially about the keshi ones and the painted purple, orange, etc. I don't even watch anymore - I have all the white and gray pearls I need. Continue Reading

Re: Amy and Louis

In Linea 1414452602.613

I must see things differently..........don't usually watch QVC clothing but flashed it on and Louis and Amy were presenting a reversible coat - black fur on one side and tan or something on the other............Amy was her usual dizzy self and suddenly proclaimed: THERE ARE BUTTONS EVEN ON THE INSIDE! Louis sounding surprised at her comment said - 'well it's reversible so when you turn the coat inside out.....you need buttons! I LOL because she is a gift that just keeps 'giving'. I don't see any love in Louis's eyes working with Antonetta nor Amy. Guess we watch a different channel. LO... Continue Reading

Re: I am so pumpkined out this year..

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1414422579.977

They don't bother me but when neighbors scatter a dozen of them on lawns - I think it's a bit overdone. I gave up the event years ago - got tired of the blood covered costumes and kids mashing down my garden instead of using the driveway to porch. It's a kids thing - so I leave it there. Continue Reading

Re: O/T ~ Anyone Gift Omaha or Kansas City Steaks?

In Beauty Banter 1414422222.347

I've tried KC burgers - steaks and kabob cuts - - no more for me. It's either chewy or very tender but has no flavor. I'm like docsgirl poster......have a fab locally owned store w/butcher department in my village. Continue Reading

Re: turkey gravy in the Vitamix

In Recipe Swap 1414414487.093

To the above: season to taste - salt - pepper - I add dash of garlic powder (your choice) For some meat gravy - a few drops of Gravy Master (from the store) gives gravy more color and/or flavor. Continue Reading

Re: turkey gravy in the Vitamix

In Recipe Swap 1414414257.983

What recipe? Take turkey out of pain to rest.........drain off excess grease......start scraping the pan with wooden spoon and add tablespoon of flour/or corn starch to loosen and thicken the burned on pieces of turkey and turkey liquid and stuck on pieces.............. then add cup of cold water - stir stir stir more and more adding more flour/cs and water with the pan still on burner and burner temperature set on medium -----hot enough to keep the water at a low bubble/simmering...........kept at it until you have enough GRAVY to feed your crowd. If you still have flour/cs LUMPS tha... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 133
1 2 3 4 ...133Next