Give Gorgeous
16 Members and 11801 Guests Online

DiAnne's Activity

Re: QUESTION - PLACE OF ORIGIN?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1414716999.837

On 10/30/2014 RespectLife said: Really good question, DiAnne. I went to an expert....my sister! LOL She works for a Custom Brokerage (they handle ALL the paperwork on everything coming into the US via land/sea/air and through any border) She is head of the companies FDA Compliance Unit. She said: "Country of origin is required to be on the cartons that the products are shipped in for Customs purposes…but for FDA purposes, the labeling does not have to include the originating country of origin… only who distributes it. From the FDA’s website…this is all that has... Continue Reading

Re: I bought a beautiful butternut squash...

In Recipe Swap 1414715923.59

SPICED BUTTERNUT SQUASH 2 T vegetable oil 1 t toasted sesame oil 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces 2-1/2 t minced garlic (divided) 1/3 cup chicken broth 1/4 cup dry white wine 2 t minced fresh ginger 1/2 t Chinese five spice 1/8 t cayenne pepper Heat oils in large skillet over med heat. Add squash and 1 t garlic. Saute until squash begins to soften (about 8 minutes). Add broth and wine. Boil until most of the liquid is gone (about 8 more minutes). Stir in ginger, five spice, cayenne and remaining garlic. Cover, reduce heat and cook until rest of liquid is go... Continue Reading

Re: Wearing tanks as vests. Need advice.

In Linea 1414714639.27

I don't there is any difference between the WK offered in summer or winter except in the case of ENR that is thicker. I use the sleeveless V-neck WK as vests but I always size up because I put a button shirt under them. Continue Reading

Re: the cashmere sweater on clearance Louis mentioned

In Linea 1414685769.257

On 10/27/2014 Sammijo said: On 10/27/2014 DiAnne said: I did not hear the reference but the Posh Knit t-neck (cashmere/silk blend) is on clearance. I just ordered another black and another navy. My favorite t-neck of his. A83962. Hope that helps. That's the one Louis referenced, Di. I, too, picked up an extra navy and black. The cardigan is also on clearance, has been for a while now with limited sizes/colors available. The turtleneck is a classic and this is the first time on clearance. I fear this is end of the Posh Knits...... Continue Reading

Re: I made Lisa Robertson's pancakes tonight and...

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1414621466.65

On 10/29/2014 Snik said: I love peanut butter and maple syrup on vanilla ice cream! Tastes just like an Abba Zabba bar....remember those??? But it won't pull your teeth out, LOL!!!! I used to love Abba Zabbas. I am going to try that - do you heat up the peanut butter? Continue Reading

Re: QUESTION - PLACE OF ORIGIN?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1414557794.737

Thanks both of you. I was just curious. Continue Reading

QUESTION - PLACE OF ORIGIN?

Last Reply by forrestwolf 1414719116.26 | Started by DiAnne in Kitchen & Food Talk

Isn't there supposed to be a place of origin on food? I thought that was a law. I was looking at a bag of popcorn I had picked up a Trader Joe's and all it said was Dist and Sold exclusively by: Trader Joe's, Monrovia, CA 91016. How do I know where it was made? Continue Reading

Re: I made Lisa Robertson's pancakes tonight and...

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1414549808.313

On 10/28/2014 Issiestorm said: I like my pancakes very thin, with natural lemon juice and a dusting of powdered sugar. I used make them for my children and grandchildren - we called them German pancakes. Continue Reading

Re: It's OCTOBER! What haunting Linea outfit are you wearing today?

In Linea 1414547924.977

Spent the week-end cleaning up after a 75 pound dog with diarrhea. Not pleasant. Took dog to vet today because rice diet was not working and diarrhea had become bloody. Five days ahead of pills twice a day and rice and boiled chicken diet. LDO tortoise raspberry zipped front jacket, raspberry V-neck cotton long sleeved t-shirt (Eddie Bauer), jeans, navy clogs, navy bag (D&B), black and gold watch, large gold hoop earrings (Costco), tricolor rings. Continue Reading

Re: Linea went to the Grand Canyon!

In Linea 1414547415.757

I have good friends who live in Sedona. I owe a visit to them..... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 563
1 2 3 4 ...563Next