Guaranteed Delivery
38 Members and 17347 Guests Online

DiAnne's Activity

Re: For The Linea Bakers Jac's Ginger Cookies

In Linea 1418939259.623

On 12/17/2014 JustJazzmom said: Ten minutes is sufficient time to cook in the oven w/o burning the bottoms-- they are brown on the bottom. The cookies are crisp on the edges and chewy in the centers. I didn't see any crackling on top and these were not puffed up. I did substitute butter for Crisco as I am not a fan of Crisco (worrying about what is in it vs. knowing what butter contains.) They came out great this 1st batch!! Second batch to be done once the batter hardens up again in the fridge. I agree with you about the Crisco but I have one recipe for coconut cherry chews that does not co... Continue Reading

Re: Those who make homemade gifts for the holidays..

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1418938907.81

I make several different kinds of cookies. Take a small plate with a big festive bow on top to four of my neighbors (who I know enjoy them), send a tin to my spread out grandchildren and the rest go to my DD in Northern California. That is about the only baking I do all year! Continue Reading

Re: What Are You Reading --- December 2014

In Book Club 1418874827.46

Read Shotgun Lovesongs by Nickolas Butler. His debut novel - story of four life long friends who grew up in a small town in Wisconsin and the different paths their lives took. Enjoyed it. Continue Reading

Re: What Are You Reading --- December 2014

In Book Club 1418781378.613

On 12/16/2014 skyblue said: On 12/16/2014 Linders Back said: On 12/15/2014 sfnative said: Back to Relic. Re-reading the Pendergast series by Preston & Child with DD. That is my husband's and son's favorite series. I've only read a couple so far. Just started The Storied Life of AJ Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin. Story of a widower on an island off Massachusetts who runs an independent bookstore and whose life changes dramatically when a "Mysterious package" is left in his shop. Each chapter is introduced by his critique of a book which hints at what's to come. I think any reader and lover of b... Continue Reading

Re: It's December!! How Are You Styling Linea Today?

In Linea 1418682893.447

Heading out to get some last minute items for a dinner party with a stop at Lowes. LDO Raspberry pea jacket, WK raspberry funnel neck, black jeans, black Ferragamo loafers, black handbag (need new one), gunmetal watch (Invicta), large white gold hoop earrings, large gunmetal bangle, tricolor rings. Continue Reading

Re: Favorite recipe from this board?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1418662043.847

Mine would be the Cold Chocolate Snack Cake from Lola. I am not much of a baker but love that cake! Continue Reading

Re: O/T Is this what it is like to live in Seattle?

In Fashion Talk 1418595793.817

There is a lot of dark and gloom in the winter but it is glorious and sunny out today (also yesterday). It is very cozy in the winter - it gets dark at about 4 pm. We hibernate with a nice fire and a good book! Nothing is more beautiful than spring, summer and fall in Seattle area. No humidity. Seldom gets too hot. Beautiful blue sky. Continue Reading

Re: Favorite recipe from this board?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1418592426.353

On 12/12/2014 HonnyBrown said: Bumpy Chicken! Hey thanks. It is kind of like I won an award!! I am having a friend over for dinner next week and that is on the menu. Continue Reading

Re: What herbs/seasoning do you put in your chicken soup??

In Recipe Swap 1418587773.657

I make chicken stock from rotisserie chicken carcasses. I add onions, celery, carrots, bay leaves, pepper corns and a knob of ginger if I have one. I simmer it for hours and then strain. Refrigerate overnight, scrape the fat off the top and put in containers to freeze. You should have gelatinous delicious stock and you subsequent soups will be delicious. Continue Reading

Re: Price increases

In Linea 1418587314.787

I haven't noticed the price increases on the jewelry but I have only purchased a few pieces of it. I would willingly pay higher prices if the Q would allow a better quality of fabric to be used. My purchases are dwindling every year. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 576
1 2 3 4 ...576Next