Early Access
62 Members and 11507 Guests Online

DiAnne's Activity

Re: Bay leaves

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1411090686.68

On 9/18/2014 nec111 said: The idea of having to find it and remove it did not seem like it is worth it. As far as other spices go, I don't always use what is in the recipe and change the recipe to my taste. I always make a recipe as written the first time and then makes changes if necessary. You are missing out on a lot of flavors that are out there. Continue Reading

Re: When a recipe calls for rice vinegar...

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1411090514.217

I would use unseasoned. The seasoned just has sugar in it. Continue Reading

Re: Honey Crisp Apples Are Here!!!

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1411086431.09

I got some organic Honey Crisp today at Costco. Continue Reading

PUMPKIN SPICE CAKE

Last Reply by susan kay 1411087042.633 | Started by DiAnne in Recipe Swap

Easy fall dessert. 1 cup white sugar 1 cup brown sugar 1-1/4 cup vegetable oil 1 t vanilla extract 1-15 oz canned pumpkin 4 eggs 2 cup flour 3 t baking powder 2 t baking soda 1/4 t salt 2 t cinnamon 1/2 t ginger 1/2 t nutmeg 1/4 t cloves 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans 1/2 cup currants or raisins Pre-heat oven 350. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Set aside. In a large bowl combine sugar and oil. Blend in vanilla and pumpkin. Beat in eggs one at a time. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in nuts and currants. Spread batter into 13 x 9 inch prepared... Continue Reading

Re: Is my decor out dated or what?

In For the Home Talk 1411065645.16

I am trying to figure out what to do about an outdated living room. It is painted a salmon color and has salmon color drapes on a picture window. I did that 25+ years ago and it was pretty radical at that time. The big expense here is the drapes on the huge picture window. I currently have a navy blue sofa and two wing back chairs with linen fabric in a large subtle print of peach, taupe and celery green peonies on a navy background. I would like to slipcover the sofa a lighter color. I hate white walls or beige walls - love color. I have antique items and antique flow blue dishes in t... Continue Reading

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1410998539.167

On 9/17/2014 Vamp said: I love Pink Ladies and Jazz as well as Honeycrisp. I forgot about Jazz - I like them also. Continue Reading

Re: Ceramic top stove Cookware

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1410984415.677

I have had ceramic top stove for 25-years. I use flat bottom stainless steel cookware. Mine is white and instructions said not to use colored (enamel) cookware on it. Continue Reading

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1410983897.25

I picked up a couple organic Honey Crisp apples last week. The were $4.99 a pound but well worth it! Another apple I really like is Pink Lady. Continue Reading

Re: See You in September Wearing Linea!

In Linea 1410979315.503

Very cool here today in the Seattle area. Heading out for a couple of errands and meeting friends for lunch. LDO tortoise zip jacket in grey, V-neck grey cashmere sweater, black jeans, black loafers (Ferragamo), black bag (Barr and Barr), LDO black wedge bracelet, watch with black leather band, large white gold hoop earrings (Costco), tricolor rings. Continue Reading

Re: Apologizing for the "dumb" question - but could you tell me how you wear Linea Leggings?

In Linea 1410978987.55

I have to amend my answer - I just got back from yoga class so that would a good place to wear leggings also. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 545
1 2 3 4 ...545Next