64 Members and 15136 Guests Online

Issiestorm's Activity

Re: Something else to "worry" about: Who will go to Italy this year?

In Jewelry Talk 1430768400.187

On 5/4/2015 Yammy25 said: I don't know why this thread continues. It has been announced and told repeatedly that Antonella is replacing Lisa R. for the Italian jewelry live shows. Why is this continuing ??? Why the heck do you even care??? If people want to discuss it, then that's their right and it's none of your business! You're not the forum police. Continue Reading

Re: Have you see a food item on tV, tried it and now have to have it???

In Viewpoints 1430699499.627

There are certain movies that feature food that always make me wish I had some like it. 'Moonstruck' comes to mind, where Olympia Dukakis was making those bread with an egg yolk in a hole in it. 'The Godfather' makes me want lasagna or spaghetti. They usually seem to be Italian themed movies. Continue Reading

Re: We may have just had an earthquake!

In Viewpoints 1430698646.127

I live in Napa, CA and back in August I was awakened by a 6.0 quake. My place looked like a war zone as everything crashed and toppled. Later I heard some guy trying to act macho by saying he thought it was 'fun' and wished it had lasted longer. It made me furious, and I let him know it. Continue Reading

Re: it's a girl

In Viewpoints 1430588261.043

On 5/2/2015 faeriemoon said: I like Alice (because it's an older, seldom used name) and Charlotte. Diana, if used, would be a middle name. I think Elizabeth will be a middle name. Don't care for Victoria at all. Congrats to them! Alice Elizabeth Diana - has a nice ring to it! Continue Reading

Re: it's a girl

In Viewpoints 1430585066.817

I'm still hoping they'll name her Alice. It's the name of Prince Phillip's mom, whom I greatly admired. And, 'Alice in Wonderland' is one of my favorite childhood tales and also something that many UK children grew up with. Continue Reading

Re: O....M....G...........this has to be an epic failure

In Viewpoints 1430584499.37

Thanks raven, for a good laugh. And thanks fourpaws for an adorable photo. Continue Reading

Re: Something else to "worry" about: Who will go to Italy this year?

In Jewelry Talk 1430583945.997

I wish they would stop sending people on these enormously expensive trips and go back to offering Italian gold and silver like they used to. Continue Reading

Re: Getting charged for 1/4 of an order of Mac and Cheese and Cornbread.........

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1430525617.273

On 5/1/2015 moonchilde said: On 5/1/2015 Issiestorm said: I witnessed something in a restaurant a few months ago. A group of five women were having lunch. After the meal, the waiter asked if anyone wanted dessert. Only one of the women did and she asked the others if she was the only one, and were they sure they didn't want any. They assured her they did not. Well, when her dessert was brought out - some sort of mousse - the waiter brought 5 spoons and put them next to the dessert. The other ladies seemed delighted, however the one who had ordered the dessert gathered up all the extra spoons,... Continue Reading

Re: Getting charged for 1/4 of an order of Mac and Cheese and Cornbread.........

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1430524416.267

I witnessed something in a restaurant a few months ago. A group of five women were having lunch. After the meal, the waiter asked if anyone wanted dessert. Only one of the women did and she asked the others if she was the only one, and were they sure they didn't want any. They assured her they did not. Well, when her dessert was brought out - some sort of mousse - the waiter brought 5 spoons and put them next to the dessert. The other ladies seemed delighted, however the one who had ordered the dessert gathered up all the extra spoons, threw them on the floor, and addressed the waiter in a ve... Continue Reading

Re: Waldo Tunnel San Francisco will be renamed Robin Williams

In Viewpoints 1430443910.617

On 4/30/2015 RainCityGirl said: On 4/30/2015 mousiegirl said: I think it is ridiculous to name this tunnel after an actor, it should have been left as it was. That would seem to have been the logical way to go. He was an actor, a comedian, and a philanthropist as many others have been. They didn't get anything named after them. He suffered from depression, past drug abuse, and sadly he committed suicide. That has happened to many in or out of show business, and none of them got anything named after them except a tombstone. I guess he's beloved in the Bay area perhaps. It's their tunnel. I gu... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 296
1 2 3 4 ...296Next