Electronics Expo
38 Members and 11864 Guests Online

Issiestorm's Activity

Re: walk vs argue

In Viewpoints 1424915260.393

It depends on the situation. I frequently state what I feel and then walk away. One thing I refuse to do is become involved in a snark fest or trading insults. And sometimes you know that's going to happen. I don't come back and check in case I'm tempted to lash back again. This forum is certainly not worth a hike in blood pressure. Continue Reading

Re: Oscar jewelry

In Jewelry Talk 1424622069.78

I really don't understand why the lack of jewelry bothers you. It's a different time, people are much more aware than they were back then. If someone has a pair of earrings like Angelina Jolie wore a few years ago, that's more than enough. And I agree with the poster who said it's not politics, but simple compassion and empathy with those who have less or nothing. Some might even consider that a suite of unbelievably expensive jewelry could possibly feed a whole village in a third world country. Politics? Maybe, but if it is, I'm all for it. Continue Reading

Re: The disappearance of Black Hills Gold

In Jewelry Talk 1424472818.213

On 2/20/2015 Venezia said: On 2/20/2015 Issiestorm said: On 2/19/2015 Venezia said: On 2/19/2015 Issiestorm said: I only have one piece of Black Hills Gold, a pair of turquoise earrings. I once took them to a jeweler and while they were supposed to have a smidgeon of gold in them, the jeweler insisted there was no gold in them at all. However, the turquoise is beautiful. I assume that at least is real. Unless you bought your "BHG" earrings from an unknown source, it would be illegal to sell them as gold, if they were not. Personally, I wouldn't trust one jeweler's word that there was "no gol... Continue Reading

Re: Shrove Tuesday pancakes

In Viewpoints 1424453060.903

On 2/17/2015 missy1 said: On 2/17/2015 MarthaStewardess said: I'm English and today is Shrove Tuesday. Also known as pancake day. Our pancakes are more like crepes (not American style pancakes) and we put lemon and sugar on them. I'm looking forward to supper later! Those are my favorite. The crepes are like Swedish pancakes. With powdered sugar and fresh squeezed lemon. This is how I like them too. I used to know an English couple who ran a tearoom (where I sometimes helped out) and this was a regular on their breakfast menu. Continue Reading

In Jewelry Talk 1424451797.383

On 2/19/2015 Venezia said: On 2/19/2015 Issiestorm said: I only have one piece of Black Hills Gold, a pair of turquoise earrings. I once took them to a jeweler and while they were supposed to have a smidgeon of gold in them, the jeweler insisted there was no gold in them at all. However, the turquoise is beautiful. I assume that at least is real. Unless you bought your "BHG" earrings from an unknown source, it would be illegal to sell them as gold, if they were not. Personally, I wouldn't trust one jeweler's word that there was "no gold" in them. Not the first time someone has tried to profi... Continue Reading

Re: Ringling Bros or Shrine Circus for 4 boys-6 & younger++

In Mom to Mom Forum 1424395991.627

Soulless and uncaring people do it all the time. Continue Reading

Re: Kirks Folly - Remember the Magic

In Jewelry Talk 1424395557.24

I have quite a bit of it and don't need anymore, of any jewelry in fact. But I do miss watching the KF shows and will always remember the magic. There really was something special about them. Continue Reading

In Jewelry Talk 1424394171.173

I only have one piece of Black Hills Gold, a pair of turquoise earrings. I once took them to a jeweler and while they were supposed to have a smidgeon of gold in them, the jeweler insisted there was no gold in them at all. However, the turquoise is beautiful. I assume that at least is real. Continue Reading

Re: ShopHQ is now evine live?

In Jewelry Talk 1423684248.76

On 2/11/2015 hopi said: On 2/11/2015 Issiestorm said: I don't know why Kathy Levine doesn't just quietly fade into the sunset and enjoy her life instead of endlessly trying to get back into the limelight. She's had her day in the sun. Kathy Levine has extensive amounts of energy and maybe money. Probably why people keep coming to her. Did you feel that way about Joan Rivers and Martha Stewart. Women should know their place type of thing?? No, but they were successful at what they did and always were! Kathy Levine has had nothing work for her since she stopped working for Q! GET IT NOW????... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 282
1 2 3 4 ...282Next