Shoes & Handbags Offers
144 Members and 11673 Guests Online

Issiestorm's Activity

Re: Scenes from movies that make you cry

In Viewpoints 1409681492.337

On 9/2/2014 msmeerkat said: On 9/1/2014 Issiestorm said: Just in case - POSSIBLE SPOILER for Sophie's Choice. Don't read further if you haven't seen it and are planning to. The scene in the concentration camp where she has to choose which of her children will be allowed to live, and which one has to die. Any movie where an animal suffers or is killed. I didn't cry at that scene in Sophie's Choice, it was so shockingly horrible that maybe my brain refused to compute. But I did sob at the end when Stingo found both of them, finally at peace. It was also one of the most beautifully writte... Continue Reading

Re: Which Charlie Brown character would you most relate to, for fun?

In Among Friends 1409677733.603

I've related to different characters at different points in my life - primarily Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus and Schroeder. Continue Reading

Re: Rose of Tralee

In The Q We Love 1409647605.41

I sent it to Qvc.Mail@qvc.com. That's the only address I have, but I have corresponded with them before so someone must see them. Continue Reading

In The Q We Love 1409640494.323

On 9/2/2014 iluvacop said: I've sent QVC my comments about this show. I suggest everyone else who has been watching this train wreck and chipping in on this thread do the same! Strength in numbers!! I've sent my comments in as well. Continue Reading

In The Q We Love 1409639184.9

On 9/2/2014 valeriecherish said: On 9/1/2014 sylviahomeatlast said: Maybe I've missed it, but is there some significance in having Ireland on the first two days in September?-----i do not care for this host at all--- she calls other venders by "familiar" names According to Wikipedia the Rose of Tralee festival is held annually in August in Ireland. I guess we all need to buy something today to keep the Rose of Tralee going. I wanted to buy the pair of Belleek mugs. I had a pair of the mugs with shamrocks but last Sunday I lost one in the earthquake (I live in Napa, CA). However, I really don... Continue Reading

In The Q We Love 1409637346.503

On 9/1/2014 chessylady said: It can't be an accident that Jane is not there to kick off Rose of Tralee. She loves these shows and personally knows most of the vendors. It's as if QVC is deliberately devaluing these shows so it is easier to ax them. Do they even read these boards? I think that's exactly what their intentions are, unfortunately. I'll be surprised if there's a Rose of Tralee next year. St. Patrick's might last a bit longer but probably not much. I hope that Jane will at least host some of these Irish shows. And while I usually try to refrain from criticizing the host, I agree th... Continue Reading

Re: Scenes from movies that make you cry

In Viewpoints 1409614193.68

Just in case - POSSIBLE SPOILER for Sophie's Choice. Don't read further if you haven't seen it and are planning to. The scene in the concentration camp where she has to choose which of her children will be allowed to live, and which one has to die. Any movie where an animal suffers or is killed. Continue Reading

Re: If you eat sardines....

In Viewpoints 1409542312.17

On 8/31/2014 ROMARY said: I like them made into a sandwich: Toasted rye or sourdough bread slices with Miracle Whip and mustard. Also, I keep a standing quantity of about 12 cans on hand, in case of an emergency. A few cans in each of our emergency totes. Easy to open with tab tops. Plastic spoons are always stored in our totes. Romary, I always seem to have a problem with those tab tops. They frequently break off and it's so frustrating. Same thing happens with canned kippers too. Continue Reading

Re: If you eat sardines....

In Viewpoints 1409541688.21

Either on toast or on Ritz crackers. Continue Reading

Re: What did you buy from Barbara Bixby?

In Jewelry Talk 1409381822.937

The only jewelry I have from BB are two pairs of earrings, a small crystal pair and the incense vessel earrings, but they are among my favorites and I always get compliments on them. I think her designs are some of the most interesting on Q but she's quite beyond my budget, and I have all the jewelry I need and don't want anymore. However I like watching her shows once in a while. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 236
1 2 3 4 ...236Next