Fall Fashion Days
21 Members and 10296 Guests Online

Issiestorm's Activity

Re: Danny N and Hagit Gorali

In Jewelry Talk 1406682857.08

I have several pairs of earrings from Or Paz as well as a small hamsa pendant set with a turquoise. I was very tempted to get Hagit's silver heart earrings but went instead with the wide silver scroll ring from Or Paz. I certainly don't need another ring (or any jewelry) but I've always really liked that ring. Continue Reading

Re: John Walsh Does It Again

In Viewpoints 1406675647.577

I followed that story on CNN. The abuser was a trusted family friend whom the family had trusted to look after their child. Ironically, there is a thread here (I think it was VP) about a mother who was arrested for allowing her 7 year old son to walk to a park about a quarter mile from his house. There were several posts criticizing our society for being paranoid. There was also a post that warned that some abusers were people that the child already knew and possibly trusted. Continue Reading

Re: CALLING ALL GREEK GIRLS

In Viewpoints 1406657336.613

I'm not Greek (at least not in this life) but I've been obsessed with Greece for years, starting with Greek mythology when I was a pre-teen. I love Greek food, Greek pastries, Greek coffee, Greek music and of course Greek jewelry. I visited Greece years ago and that's where I picked up my love of evil eye jewelry. I also have a gold 'bee' pendant (the Malia pendant), the original of which is in a museum in Crete. I visit our local Greek church festival every year and always indulge in the food and pastries, and pick up bread, olives, honey and a piece of jewelry, usually something with evil e... Continue Reading

Re: Selling your old gold and silver

In Jewelry Talk 1406642857.14

I agree with the posters who say they would never mail anything. I've sold gold to a local jeweler at different times. Sometimes I got more, sometimes less. I've never sold silver. Continue Reading

Re: O/T What to get person from England from the States?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1406608599.507

I've lived in Wisconsin (am back in California now) but if the lady likes to read, how about a book of local folklore? I have the book 'Haunted Wisconsin' and another one on local Wisconsin legends that I like to pick up and still read every once in a while. Continue Reading

Re: Danny N and Hagit Gorali

In Jewelry Talk 1406606613.2

I'm very tempted to buy those little silver heart earrings of Hagit's (they're very different and to me they look more like leaves than hearts). Only $33 and free shipping for a pair that was on my wish list. Continue Reading

Re: DO YOU OWN ANY ROMAN GLASS PIECES?

In Jewelry Talk 1406604800.397

I have two pairs of Roman glass earrings, a small pair with a pearl from Or Paz and a larger pair that is not from QVC. Both are cast in silver. You do need to be somewhat careful with this glass as it is fragile. I would never buy a ring made of this, not just because it's easier to get a ring wet but also because one careless knock and it could be damaged. I love the color and patina and the history behind it. I've always been a history afficianado and I like the idea of wearing jewelry that's over 2000 years old and is actually still very attractive. Since I have scads of jewelry I probabl... Continue Reading

Re: Handsome face on the royal baby!!

In Viewpoints 1405896218.603

I have no idea what Andrew's daughters look like nor do I care. But he was considered a fairly good looking guy in his younger years anyway. Maybe it was just that when compared to Charles he didn't look that bad. (Gasp!) SERIOUSLY!!! Continue Reading

Re: Handsome face on the royal baby!!

In Viewpoints 1405873230.7

On 7/19/2014 ILikeShade said: Oh, this is brutal. (Even though I had a good laugh). At this point in time I think he definitely looks like a Middleton, but that could change and William is pretty well favored. And actually, Queen Elizabeth was quite attractive when young. I remember seeing a film of her coronation in a bioscope and I thought she was lovely. And come to think of it, Prince Andrew is not a bad looking guy either. I think the odds are stacked in George's favor. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 231
1 2 3 4 ...231Next