Fashion & Accessories Clearance
8 Members and 11522 Guests Online

luvmyteddy's Activity

Re: I Am Being Invaded by Raccoons and Very Afraid

In Pet Lovers 1406337710.89

On 7/25/2014 Doxie said: Thank goodness it is 17 per square mile instead of acre doxie I think they have decided to have a family reunion on my 1/2 acre! It's almost dark and I was hoping the guy across the street was going to bring me his phone number. Getting ready to take Teddy out one more time. I don't have a flashlight of course but all the outside lights are on and they don't seem to care. My garage door is always closed, the truck won't fit. I wish I could release the alarm system on it but I would have to go outside. Wish me luck tonight! Continue Reading

In Pet Lovers 1406326524.633

On 7/25/2014 mousiegirl said: I think Wildlife Rescue will trap and move them to another location, if you have one in your area. It is a different organization than an animal shelter, around here anyway. We have them and other critters, but just one bark from my dogs, and off they go. You are right not to let your dog out because they have been known to kill cats and small dogs. No they won't. I just called but she said we had a serious situation and there are roughly 17 raccoons per square mile here. She gave me the name of three trappers. She said the raccoons have gotten lazy and with... Continue Reading

In Pet Lovers 1406322748.43

I rarely drive anymore because I am sick and never at night. I did get a gallon of ammonia and sprayed the windows, doors and front porch down plus the back door. My porch is as long as my house so it can fit a lot of raccoons. I talked to one pest guy that said that didn't work. I hope the ammonia doesn't make them madder. I am dreading tonight, if they come back again and maybe more this time I don't know. They are not scared of anything. There was barely any food out there to begin with. I don't know if I should mention it to some neighbors that have small dogs and a cat that they let roa... Continue Reading

In Pet Lovers 1406301013.333

On 7/25/2014 RedTop said: What I like about using a pellet gun is the ability to control the force of the pellet, and being able to deliver a quick sting for scare purposes, to something a bit more firm and meaningful, to even killing the animal. There is a difference between killing animals out of season as in hunting, and killing nuisance animals that are trying to invade your home. That is why you need to call the DNR, and get a Game Warden to come to your home. My family has had problems with nuisance deer in the past, and with assistance from a local Game Warden, we were able to kill the... Continue Reading

In Pet Lovers 1406300254.263

On 7/25/2014 depglass said: I hate to say this but perhaps you should stop feeding ferals. Even if you get rid of this bunch of raccoons, more will invade in the future. I have a friend who gets them on her deck by just cooking a steak inside the house. DH wants to put bird and hummingbird feeders out on the trees. I said absolutely not because of the animal issue, including bears. Believe me I did stop feeding them three days ago. I also keep all the lights on outside but they don't care. Noise does not bother them at all. I closed all my windows and storms today just in case. I didn't have... Continue Reading

In Pet Lovers 1406297732.7

I don't it's not legal to shoot them but I didn't know If I could use a pellet gun? I hate the fact that I can't open my windows right now, they are always staring in through the window and hissing and growling. I wish I knew if my dog would be safe, she is old and deaf now. I had a call from a guy this morning but he doesn't have a license in KS and he said ammonia didn't work. He said once they find food they keep coming back for about 2 weeks. I don't think my nerves could take two more weeks. I keep thinking they can smell the dog and cat food inside my house and want in. Continue Reading

In Pet Lovers 1406296269.273

On 7/25/2014 Rustys mom said: I am so sorry you are going through this. I live in a mobile home park but it is in a very rural area with fields around it so there is a lot of wildlife around. I was putting dry food out for Ms. Kitty but when the skunks started coming I stopped leaving it out. Plus we got letters in our mailboxes stating that those caught feeding the strays would be fined 25.00 per incident. I don't want to get caught but if I do, I do. My heart will not allow me to not feed her. I have been feeding her for almost a year now. I only feed her when I can sit out on the porch wit... Continue Reading

In Pet Lovers 1406291882.157

I called animal control and they won't do anything. I have tried to find a pest control company but so far nothing. I can't believe they made another mess last night and knocked over all my pots again and my glass table. There's dirt everywhere. Kitty let me know they were still out there this morning after daylight. A neighbor told me he found a possum that had crawled through the dryer vent and went into his basement. Luckily I don't have a basement but I worry about the attic. I hope I can find someone to help me this is ridiculous to be homebound and scared in your own home. Continue Reading

In Pet Lovers 1406264378.653

On 7/24/2014 beauty junkie said: We had that same issue here in Fl. We had to stop leaving food and water out for out 2 ferals and now we sit with then while they say then bring the food back in. We had racoond and possums and a big mess. once the food was no longer out they stopped coming by. We had to bungie our garbage pails,we had many of them. I wish you luck. we called animal control and were told we would have to pay to have them trapped..Since we no longer leave out food they went away. Our ferals have learned to trust us as its been 5 years of feeding them so they eat while we sit wi... Continue Reading

Re: The Bold & The Beautiful --- July 2014 (includes spoilers)

In TV Talk 1406262532.343

I think Wyatt carting around a 100 million dollar diamond in his man purse has to be the worst scenario ever. I wish someone would steal it. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 755
1 2 3 4 ...755Next