Designer Fashion Clearance
105 Members and 12527 Guests Online

mominohio's Activity

Re: Lidia bakeware --- check out "as is" products

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1414591901.177

I had several pieces when it first went on clearance a year or two ago, and it is great stuff. I had noticed a couple of months ago that almost all of it was showing up in "as is" and getting great reviews here and on Facebook pages, so I order about 5 other pieces/sets, and so glad I did. Every piece was perfect. I found this brand late, and wish that Q would have continued to carry it, because it really is better quality than Temp-tations. Continue Reading

Re: Oct. 29 Today is NATIONAL OATMEAL DAY What do you like in yours??

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1414591697.563

I love oatmeal almost any way, but one of my favorites is with brown sugar and fresh peaches. I like it with blueberries as well. Continue Reading

Re: Can you figure this one out?

In Viewpoints 1414531363.623

On 10/26/2014 happy housewife said: On 10/25/2014 dooBdoo said: <em>Shorty</em>, Is there any fracking taking place in your locale? There have been reports of "boom sounds" in areas where this (horrible, in my opinion) activity is happening. Fracking takes place over a mile deep in the earth.When it happens people are not even aware of it. Don't know how you can be from PA and not have seen the things happening with fracking there. Spent some time in Washington county, and while lots of jobs, lots of problems too. Continue Reading

Re: Why Are Popular Items Always So Limited???

In For the Home Talk 1414530728.537

I think the only real excuse for most of this is that they are trying to create a "frenzy" to buy, and limited quantities will drive people to do so. These items are mass produced in China, and most can be had by the tens or hundreds of thousands. Q wants to get people on the hook with a look or a theme, then when they sell out of something, people will by a similar item that has a much higher profit margin for them. They know that many will not just walk away with nothing, but will buy something, even if they can't get exactly what they want. I'm sure some of the items really were only avail... Continue Reading

Re: Walmart and "fat girls". Demeaning or not?

In Fashion Talk 1414529267.693

On 10/28/2014 granny me said: On 10/28/2014 mominohio said: On 10/28/2014 granny me said: On 10/28/2014 HisElk said: On 10/28/2014 mominohio said: On 10/28/2014 granny me said: On 10/28/2014 mominohio said: On 10/27/2014 granny me said: However you want to refer to your weight is not my problem, but for your health sake and your family I hope you realize what it does to you. Anyone with weight issues knows the drill. It's like smoking, you can't live in today's society and not know the ramifications, because the science and media has done well to spread the word. I just have to wonder, with ... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1414527757.977

On 10/28/2014 granny me said: On 10/28/2014 HisElk said: On 10/28/2014 mominohio said: On 10/28/2014 granny me said: On 10/28/2014 mominohio said: On 10/27/2014 granny me said: However you want to refer to your weight is not my problem, but for your health sake and your family I hope you realize what it does to you. Anyone with weight issues knows the drill. It's like smoking, you can't live in today's society and not know the ramifications, because the science and media has done well to spread the word. I just have to wonder, with your obsession with other people's weight, or more accuratel... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1414525578.127

On 10/28/2014 granny me said: On 10/28/2014 mominohio said: On 10/27/2014 granny me said: However you want to refer to your weight is not my problem, but for your health sake and your family I hope you realize what it does to you. Anyone with weight issues knows the drill. It's like smoking, you can't live in today's society and not know the ramifications, because the science and media has done well to spread the word. I just have to wonder, with your obsession with other people's weight, or more accurately, your apparent disdain for larger people, what "fault" you have, that targeting "fat"... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1414525062.317

On 10/28/2014 Favorite Son said: Yes. "Fat girls" is a demeaning term, no matter what the origin - search engine gone awry or rogue electronic merchandising webbie who thought it was a funny thing to do, to caption the search that way. You guys do know, don't you, that most search functions are optimized to evaluate every keystroke you are typing and suggest an alternative term or, even worse, complete the search term for you? I don't believe in using demeaning terms, but I disagree with the use of the term "curvy" as a way to describe any person who is overweight. It puts a gloss on a condit... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1414524674.217

On 10/28/2014 songbird said: Can't say the word fat anymore. It was reclaimed years ago by the word curvy or "plus". Morbid obesity is only said by doctors. You are never born fat. It's something that accumulates over years and years. Fact of life. Some people are born fat, as I personally know people who had 12 lb babies. Those babies were "fat" and so very beautiful. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1414524494.227

On 10/28/2014 Campion said: Remember, being fat is considered the last bastion of being allowed to be mean to people. Because fat people are considered ugly, lazy and they made a choice to be fat (may or may not be true, either. They pick on little kids who've undergone cortisone treatment for desperate diseases,which makes you blow up like a balloon.) So Walmart was, like, what WERE you thinking and who approved that? I was talking about this with my admin, who was in the "rag trade" before he came to work for me a decade ago. He said in his day it was "husky" for boys. I replied it was "chu... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 317
1 2 3 4 ...317Next