Back to School
149 Members and 12111 Guests Online

mominohio's Activity

Re: Things I've kept for sentimental value

In Viewpoints 1406568187.06

I feel exactly the same way. I was recently gifted a broken rolling pin that belonged to my great grandmother. My great aunt (who gave it to me) said it was the only one she ever saw her mother use, and she has no idea how it got broken. I have yet to use it, but I will, and I think of them both every time I see it. I have some hand made quilts (just beautiful) and afghans that my grandmother made, and I love to use them, look at the fine stitching, and remember seeing her create such wonderful things. We aren't supposed to be attached to "things", and I'm not attached to expensive things, b... Continue Reading

Re: Garland from Lisa's Show?

In For the Home Talk 1406498502.603

I didn't order anything from Lisa's show, but not because I didn't love it. The trees were just to die for, but I just couldn't justify a new tree right now. I wanted one in the worst way though. I hope those of you who did purchase will write reviews and post pics. I can't wait to hear how everyone like their stuff, and I hope Q continues on this path with this type of decor available for more than just the holidays. Continue Reading

Re: Has your home decor preferences changed drastically overtime?

In For the Home Talk 1406498107.163

On 7/27/2014 snappyfrappy said: We got married in 1952. Purchased solid maple sofa, chair, table and 4 chairs, four poster bed and double wide dresser and mirror. Still using the table and chairs and the bedroom furniture, although hubby went Home almost 4 years ago. My taste is more traditional now. If I were younger, I'd replace the maple pieces, but they are solid wood. Still prefer the warm color pallet. snappy I have a set of bedroom furniture my parents purchased in 1963 when they bought their first real home. It is made of hard rock maple, and I still love it for our spare room. It s... Continue Reading

Re: Has your home decor preferences changed drastically overtime?

In For the Home Talk 1406497806.71

On 7/27/2014 Desertdi said: I've always been offbeat. Went from Danish Modern/Surfer......to ultra modern chrome & glass...........to retro Hippie/Roaring 20's You sound fun! I'd love to see pictures of the changes over the years! Continue Reading

Re: O/T What to get person from England from the States?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1406497571.153

I would advise something made locally in your area, that perhaps she visits or learns about while visiting. For example if she was coming here to Ohio, our famous Buckeye candy, a basket from a local Amish basket maker, a quilt from an Amish quilt store, or anything that has a local flair and relates to your local history or culture. Perhaps if you are going to take her to "see the sights" something will spark her interest and you could get it then. Continue Reading

Re: How about "whimsy" in home decor? Do you like it?

In For the Home Talk 1406496741.2

On 7/27/2014 Marsha2003 said: Thanks for starting some thought-provoking threads today. Thanks for responding to them. I love home decor, and if I was starting a new career field, it might have something to do with this area of interest. I used to only like what I liked, but the older I get, the more I can appreciate and put together things that I wouldn't necessarily want to own. And it is fun! I like this home forum, as people are generally nice and helpful. Some of the other ones get pretty heated, and I like to come here for ideas and lots of advice/reviews about what people have purchas... Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1406496039.743

On 7/27/2014 Susan Louise said: On 7/27/2014 mominohio said: On 7/27/2014 Susan Louise said: We don't have kids...sometimes I decorate with 'whimsy', sometimes I don't... I don't consider 'whimsy' to be childish... Susan Louise, there are to me, different levels of whimsy, some is very child like/centered, and some is not. I've noticed that Q is carrying more whimsical items, especially for holiday, that are like that. I'm guessing there must be a big market for it, as they offer more all the time. I edited/added to my post above...we do think differently too I hope from your expanded/edi... Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1406493821.957

On 7/27/2014 Susan Louise said: We don't have kids...sometimes I decorate with 'whimsy', sometimes I don't... I don't consider 'whimsy' to be childish... Susan Louise, there are to me, different levels of whimsy, some is very child like/centered, and some is not. I've noticed that Q is carrying more whimsical items, especially for holiday, that are like that. I'm guessing there must be a big market for it, as they offer more all the time. Continue Reading

Re: tracking - what the heck?

In Viewpoints 1406493465.123

I used to get perfect tracking right on the Q site, but no more. I have to go to UPS site and enter those long numbers to track. That is just how lazy computers have made me. I now complain about having to hit so many keys to find out where my package is!! Continue Reading

Re: What a cute idea for parents and kids!

In Viewpoints 1406493362.077

Oh man I want one of those! That would put me to sleep right away! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 258
1 2 3 4 ...258Next