Dooney & Bourke
71 Members and 15980 Guests Online

ROMARY 1's Activity

Re: this joint brings a whole new meaning to...

In Viewpoints 1419136208.637

Just like the ibuprophen (spelling is wrong) thread. It's been all over the news, etc. And poofed here. Continue Reading

Re: DMod...Jon Bon on Chew

In Viewpoints 1419134327.143

Yes, I ran across it! Wow, Jon looks fan-tastic!! Woooo-Hoooo handsome! Continue Reading

Re: Do you read the entire thread or just the OP?

In Viewpoints 1419131917.053

If the thread is a question about how we feel about something or asking for advice/opinions re: a problem/situation, I just answer the question. Then, when I have time, as I stated before, I'll start to read at the bottom (most recent reply) and read posts from recent to not so recent. Continue Reading

Re: How Would You Approach This Issue?

In Viewpoints 1419114966.17

I'm for the in-home caregivers!! That's if mom hasn't tried to change her attitude. Also, maybe holding up a sign: "Stop Whining" or "No more whining", etc. I used to hold up various signs when a relative was very hard of hearing. Not a no whining sign, but other helpful signs, such as asking if he wanted a snack, or whatever else. Sometimes folks who are hard of hearing often talk loud, act as though they aren't listening. (Which they aren't, literally.) Continue Reading

Re: Do you read the entire thread or just the OP?

In Viewpoints 1419114645.697

Sometimes I don't have the time to read all of the replies. I always read the thread headliner and then go to the bottom (last reply) and read backwards for a page or sometimes two. Then, I submit what usually is my first thought re: the subject. I have, however, quite often changed my mind. Edited: Many times I just answer the thread question/request. Then, if and when I have time, I read the most recent replies. Continue Reading

Re: Is anyone else sick to death of "gift" shows???

In Fashion Talk 1419110804.483

Went over to a fairly nearby indoor mall yesterday...........Boy, was it noisy. I don't recall so many loud shoppers all in one place. My goodness............ (And I've been to a lot of indoor malls in my entire lifetime, (but not very many anymore and lately)............) I've preferred outdoor malls. Continue Reading

Re: Is anyone else sick to death of "gift" shows???

In Fashion Talk 1419110607.413

Shame on me........I've been going over to the 'other one' lately........... Continue Reading

Re: Cord Leggings

In Denim & Co 1419110315.3

A couple of years ago, I bought a pair of navy fine cord slim jeans (possibly Levi's) and was looking for them just yesterday. Brand new, soft corduroy, still with tags. I believe I bought them in the Young Men's or Men's Dept. (Not leggings, though. But very slim.) Anyway, I'll have to take a closer look for them this weekend. I have a tendency to buy items, hang them in various closets, and then forgetting all about them. Mainly and probably because I sometimes buy items off-season. Continue Reading

Re: Do you ever shop at Goodwill thrift stores? I just got the nicest surprise....!

In Viewpoints 1419109634.963

I'm going to Web search local GW and SA shops in my area today! Thanks for reminding me. We had one nearby many, many years ago, but it's no longer here. It was always packed with folks, too. Maybe the rent was much too high, I'm thinking. .... p.s. Sometimes when kitchen items 'disappear' (as Martha Stewart once or twice mentioned, lol), it's worth a look at GW, etc. I need quite a few baking supplies (SS loaf pans, etc.). I was going to buy a new stove/oven, but felt that it would be too much trouble searching/looking around for various baking items, lol. I don't care for non-stick anything... Continue Reading

Re: Do you ever shop at Goodwill thrift stores? I just got the nicest surprise....!

In Viewpoints 1419108984.98

A couple or so years ago, during our travels, we stopped by a fairly new looking Goodwill Store. It was fabulous. Neat, clean, just wonderful. In fact, the blouses/tops looked brand new. Many with tags. I'm guessing that the stores in that area donated items, since it seemed (to me, anyway. I really don't know for sure.) to be a new store/new location. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1590
1 2 3 4 ...1590Next