TSV(R) Preview
117 Members and 9923 Guests Online

ROMARY's Activity

Re: Another School Shooting

In Viewpoints 1414189397.843

Re: Another poster somewhere above: I don't think 18 yr. old military personnel/soldiers are still in high school. I'm referring to high school students who aren't in the military........Perhaps 21 is a better age re: being able to carry guns (non military). Say, for instance: I'm thinking that a 19 year old high school student shouldn't be granted a license to carry a gun. (If in the military, they are properly trained, on a base here or somewhere else, and not still in high school. .............. Anyway, at school entrances, having a metal detector and security guard with a medical/sa... Continue Reading

Re: My daughter is in pain

In Mom to Mom Forum 1414187853.543

Still thinking about your DD.........wishing her the best of luck and less pain each day. Give her a big hug from all of us! Continue Reading

Re: Dr. Nancy Snyderman to take a leave from NBC

In Viewpoints 1414187210.18

In general: Just maybe they, many folks, (and us, too) will think first, before spreading our germs (even if just a cold, or the flu, etc.). It really 'irks' me to see folks sneeze in stores (all over everything, items on shelves, etc.) without at least covering their nose/mouths/faces with their upper arm. I was brought up to always carry a tissue with me everywhere. I have a stash of tissues, paper napkins, even paper towels (all in plastic/ zip lock bags) in the trunk of my car, and in my door compartments. Just in case I forgot to grab a few from my house. Let's hope that all of us... Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1414186617.23

O/T: I'm hoping (a pet peeve) that from now on, at least during this dangerous situation, that med. professionals will stop shaking hands with patients. I don't recall when this habit began, but it's not a good idea, IMO. Not now, anyway. Just a thought. For everyone's benefit, including the med. professionals'. Continue Reading

Re: Three Cheers For Dillards, Burlington, REI and American Girl !

In Viewpoints 1414186159.583

On 10/24/2014 NoelSeven said: On 10/24/2014 LipstickDiva said: Absolutely you could ask people to volunteer to work that day. That doesn't mean it's a last minute deal. That means when you are making out the schedule for the holiday, you ask people who would like to work that day and anyone who says they don't mind, are put on the schedule. Absolutely. IA.....That's the way it is around here, more or less. All of the employees that we know (by chatting in the stores, etc.) have definite schedules. Also, there have been tons of 'Seasonal Hiring' banners just about everywhere, almost all s... Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1414180570.957

21 would be better, I'm only thinking......I believe there are still 19 yr. olds in high school. Not so much re: 21. Continue Reading

Re: More than 100 Sears and Kmart stores to close

In Viewpoints 1414180221.903

I wish we had a Kmart nearby. The nearest is about 40 min away (time-wise), in fast moving freeway texting traffic. Not a pleasant ride, for sure. Walmart is even much further away. Is it 'further' or farther? (I've always used further. It sounds better. lol) Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1414179969.23

Yes, metal detectors would be a great idea. Along with a security guard with an alert button worn around his/her neck. Immediately connected to police authorities, principal/teachers/classrooms, etc. ................ p.s. The security guards would be the cheerful types, just in case parents are worried about their children being afraid of them, etc. Edited: Why is this highlighted in blue, BTW ?? Continue Reading

Re: Three Cheers For Dillards, Burlington, REI and American Girl !

In Viewpoints 1414179572.24

I don't mind a few restaurants open. Often time folks, etc. just don't have the energy/ambition/time/space to cook and serve Thanksgiving meals. Sometimes, around here at least, it's easier to make reservations, enjoy the special Thanksgiving menus at local restaurants. Sometimes after lunch/dinner, they end up at one person's house, chat, have various desserts, coffee, etc. Family is still all together without all of the stress for the host(s). Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1414178455.367

I'm not too crazy about certain professionals who must shake patients' hands, either. I carry those small individual packets of sanitizer-wipes. Just thought I'd throw that into the mix. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1518
1 2 3 4 ...1518Next