Meant for Mom(SM)
165 Members and 11620 Guests Online

Peetie57's Activity

Re: I am at a standstill with my skincare, make-up, and need some advice, PLEASE!

In Beauty Banter 1397910890.053

Good Morning all. I want to Thank you ladies for your input. I am going to take these suggestions and play around to see if I can come up with a solution. I just get so Frustrated sometimes I could just SPIT! I have always taken pride in my appearance, (took this after my Mom). So, I will continue the "Trial and Error" until maybe I will find the right solution. Wishing everyone a Blessed Easter!! Continue Reading

Re: I am at a standstill with my skincare, make-up, and need some advice, PLEASE!

In Beauty Banter 1397910162.117

On 4/18/2014 maestra said: On 4/18/2014 DoubleDog2 said: If you have a Merle Norman store close by you might check them out. They carry several different types of foundations you can try and they will give you samples as well. They do not have "old lady" makeup as some may think, their products are very nice. Merle Norman does have some lovely products in the line. As a skin cancer sufferer (don't even get me started on the Efudex treatments, cryosurgery, cutting out basal carcinomas, etc.). I also use spf in moisturizer and foundation. I really like Chanel foundations and I'm now 58+. A bea... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1397854033.153

On 4/18/2014 Dusty1 said: If your foundation is collecting in lines it's usually because you are trying to get too much coverage. I have combo/oily/easily dehydrated skin/that breaks out from everything. For me, it works better to hope to blur imperfections & not try to get total coverage or the "flawless" look that so many products today promise. How many "flawless" women do YOU see in real life? My skin breaks out easily, but likes a good exfoliation. I use Garden Of Wisdom Diamond Dust Powder (Aluminum Oxide Crystals) that I have mixed with some Mother of Pearl powder & I just mass... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1397853561.033

On 4/18/2014 ChynnaBlue said: I don't know what the "Accure line" is. Is that a foundation or skincare? What kind of foundation are you using now - cream, powder, liquid? Why do you not have the option to go without makeup? If your main issues are a few wrinkles and enlarged pores where your makeup settles, you might want to check out the Clinique counter and look at their Repairwear Laser Focus and Pore Refining Correcting Serum. The pore serum has silicone and gives your skin slip and makes it feel a little cushiony, so you shouldn't need a primer between that and your makeup. Clinique ma... Continue Reading

I am at a standstill with my skincare, make-up, and need some advice, PLEASE!

Last Reply by Mishell5 1397932018.79 | Started by Peetie57 in Beauty Banter

Hi Beauties! I am SOOO Frustrated with the way my make-up looks. I am talking mainly of my foundation. I am using the Accure line and like it alright. I really feel that I need something more. I have to wear a Physical Sunscreen, (due to having Melanoma and Basil Cell Carcinoma), and I'm sure this is the main problem. I use an Exfoliator at least 3 times a week. I do let the Sunscreen set for about 10-15 minutes before putting on my foundation. I have some deeper wrinkles on my forehead, and, this is where the make-up settles, and looks like it is caked. It also will settle in my pores. I hav... Continue Reading

Re: Yay

In Beauty Banter 1397670923.45

Way to go! I know from experience what a GREAT feeling this is to get a bill or bills paid down. I very rarely order from QVC anymore. The only credit card other then my Q card is my Belk's card. Very rarely do I use this one too. I just don't like having those card payments! Keep on getting on to the NO BALANCE!!! Continue Reading

Re: Favorite eyeshadow primer for oily lids?

In Beauty Banter 1397652045.177

E.L.F in the tube mentioned in post 7 works Great for me. My shadow never budges, and I use any cheaper brand of shadow. Also, Jordana eye pencil, (big fat one), in color almond is another great one. This was mentioned here on the board. Both are very cheap in cost. I use these 2 all the time and I do my make-up around 6:30 am and it lasts until I take it off between 7:00 to 8:00 pm. Good luck! Continue Reading

Re: Self Tanner Discovery

In Beauty Banter 1397566454.333

Sounds good. How long does it take to dry? Thanks! Continue Reading

Re: Paula's Choice NEW 365 self-tanner -- anyone tried?!?!?!

In Beauty Banter 1397481682.8

I was actually looking at this on Sat. There has been some really good suggestions here on the board. A hard decision for me to make! Continue Reading

Re: Speaking of Philosophy and Rudeness That Prevails Today!

In Beauty Banter 1397317959.84

WOW! I am SOOOO Sorry that you had to encounter this act of down right Rudeness and Ignorance and Unconcern. You handled this in a lot better fashion then I would have. I am the type that I would have taken her aside or ask for her Supervisor and asked what her problem was. I work with the public everyday and even though I don't deal with as much Rudeness as I did for the past 11 years, I still have my share. I try to the best of my ability to live a Christian life, and I know I fell miserably everyday, but, I don't think the LORD expects us to sit by and let people run all over us. I can han... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 41
1 2 3 4 ...41Next