Christmas in July(R) Sale
30 Members and 10619 Guests Online

Peetie57's Activity

Re: New to Boards

In Beauty Banter 1406232191.243

WELCOME! I'm sure you will find some very helpful advice and, offer some in return. Enjoy! Continue Reading

Re: Poo-Pourri

In Beauty Banter 1406226701.8

On 7/23/2014 buyornot said: On 7/23/2014 Peetie57 said: I found a Dupe for this at Wal-Mart that works Great! It is called "Magic" odor eliminator. It is not over powering and it WORKS!! Cost is under $5.00. I keep one in my purse, my office, and at home. Good Luck. Can I ask where in Walmart you found this-sounds good and reasonable:) It was on an end cap on a plastic tier type hanger and located at my Wal-Mart in the towel and shower curtain section. Good Luck! Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1406226522.377

On 7/23/2014 RibbonsRosesRainbows said: On 7/23/2014 Shaunac said: On 7/23/2014 Peetie57 said: I found a Dupe for this at Wal-Mart that works Great! It is called "Magic" odor eliminator. It is not over powering and it WORKS!! Cost is under $5.00. I keep one in my purse, my office, and at home. Good Luck. Never mind, I see my question was already answered. Thank you for sharing this Peetie57........what area please? I would like one for my purse......I love the price too. It was hanging on one of the end caps on one of those plastic, tier type things. Was kinda hard to spot. It was around t... Continue Reading

Re: Osteoporosis Question...............

In Beauty Banter 1406145864.373

Thanks ladies for your replys. I have to sign off now until in the morning. I will be anixious to sign on again in the am and see if there is anymore info. Hope everyone has a Great evening! Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1406145454.733

On 7/23/2014 happygal said: I don't want to scare you but will be honest: I took Fosamax for years and experienced a femur fracture (surgery required) which is an uncommon side effect of Fosamax. Although osteoporosis medications do have the risk of bad side effects, I continue to take one (not Fosamax, but Evista). Why? I am afraid not to. I don't want to be bedridden with a broken hip, broken leg which won't heal, possible surgery to fix broken bone, walking with a walker, hunched back, back pain, etc., so I take the meds. I'm sorry you are facing this. "High end of moderate" is scary, isn'... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1406144589.493

On 7/23/2014 willdob3 said: Sorry about your diagnosis. I don't have osteoporosis but I was diagnosed with osteopenia & have seen it improve. Please do not take the Rx. The more you research the more you'll learn about how bad it is for us. Mineral supplementation is important but they need to be balanced to work correctly. A good magnesium - liquid ionic or magnesium oil forms are best absorbed & used, D3, K2. Most of us get plenty of calcium in our diets. I don't recommend taking calcium supplements as recent studies show they do more harm than good. Food grade diatomaceous earth (s... Continue Reading

Osteoporosis Question...............

Last Reply by PamelaSue72 1406244188.97 | Started by Peetie57 in Beauty Banter

I know ladies this is not Beauty related, but, this is the only place I go to on the Forums. So, please forgive me for not asking anything Beauty related. So, I was just Diagnosed with Moderate Osteoporosis. They said it is on the upper end of Moderate meaning, I am at High risk for Fractures. yay! I was prescribed the Generic pill for Fosamax. I am so fortunate that at age 57 I am on no medications, except my vitamins. I was doing some research on this, and it is very scary what can happen with this medicine. I realize ALL medications will have some side effects, my husband is on at least 7... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1406141163.61

I found a Dupe for this at Wal-Mart that works Great! It is called "Magic" odor eliminator. It is not over powering and it WORKS!! Cost is under $5.00. I keep one in my purse, my office, and at home. Good Luck. Continue Reading

Re: Beauty Thread/Forum?

In Fashion Talk 1405352142.417

On 7/14/2014 silkyk said: I noticed too that it's not on the drop down menu under beauty anymore. You can access it on the left side (Community menu) on any other category page under beauty. Thanks silkyk. This is where I had always accessed the thread. I will go under the Community menu. Have a good day! Continue Reading

Beauty Thread/Forum?

Last Reply by KJPA 1405360870.853 | Started by Peetie57 in Fashion Talk

Good morning ladies. Just wondering if anyone here knows what is going on with the Thread and Forum under the Beauty tab? It is no longer available. Thanks for any input. Just curious. Hope everyone has a Blessed Day! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 45
1 2 3 4 ...45Next