Weekend Preview
148 Members and 12011 Guests Online

Sammi D's Activity

Re: 10K gold rings. How do they hold up over time? Share your experiences with me!

In Jewelry Talk 1355852232.58

Funny enough - I took it in to get sized and the jeweler assumed it was 14k then changed his mind in assuming it was 18K by the color and was shocked when he saw 10K engraved when he took the loop to it. Works for me! Continue Reading

Re: What kind of partial refund should I be entitled to? Calling all gold "experts"

In Jewelry Talk 1355851887.437

Hi guys! Thanks for all of your input. The jeweler refunded me over $200, as well as shipping and also also sent ahead a free gift as a thank you for being understanding of their mistake. I'm sure many of you will still say that it's not "worth" what I paid for it but the ring is sturdy, the diamonds are well set (I had my jeweler check it out this morning), a one of a kind piece and exactly what I have been looking for for over five years for a right hand ring. So for me....i'm thrilled to have it. I so appreciate your feedback and it helped me quite a bit! Continue Reading

Re: 10K gold rings. How do they hold up over time? Share your experiences with me!

In Jewelry Talk 1355712896.993

On 12/16/2012 songbird said: It depends on what you are used too. I crave gold, so a minuimun of 18K is for me. 14K & 10K & 9K is unacceptable to me. It's value is diminished but it's more durable. I find 18K durable, expecially if it's heavy gram weight. But it's costly. Gold is more valuable then paper money. To each it's own. Last edited on 12/16/2012 That place that advertised is as 14K can be sued for mail fraud. You should get some compistation. The difference between 10K & 14k is considerable, being how costly gold is. Last edited on 12/16/2012 I am not one to be sue happy ... Continue Reading

In Jewelry Talk 1355635366.403

On 12/15/2012 madcity411 said: On 12/15/2012 morning lover said: On 12/15/2012 haddon9 said: Well I have a 10K gold ring given to me back in 1975 and today it does look darker than it originally did. It has a slight tarnished look to it so maybe some does get darker but not all pieces. All gold - no matter what Karat weight it is will tarnish - esp. if not worn regularly. Try to polish it. Sorry but NO, real GOLD does NOT tarnish If your "gold" jewelry is tarnishing, it is because of the lack of gold content,as in lower Karat made jewelry. Ever see a tarnished gold bar or high karat piece ... Continue Reading

In Jewelry Talk 1355635277.107

On 12/15/2012 D Oro said: On the other thread I suggested a complete refund rather than a partial refund. I thought and still think you can do better in diamond value. As it stands, eBay would side with you as SNAD because of the difference in gold content. Bottom line though if you love it and can live with the minor price adjustment, keep it. Wear it in good health and enjoy it. You probably won't even think about the gold content at all after a bit. Have you asked the vendor to make you an offer regarding a refund? Yes! They offered a sizeable refund and apologized for the mistake. I'm v... Continue Reading

In Jewelry Talk 1355594615.457

On 12/15/2012 Anniecamp said: I have both 10K and 14K, as well as 18K. the 10K looks just like the 14K and wears just fine. The "K snobs" are just silly. Yea that's kind of the impression I was getting. People were just telling me "Return it. 10K gold is bad and it will look bad in less than a couple of years." Nobody was giving me personal accounts or examples so I think they were just assuming that 10K gold was bad - no questions asked - end of story. Continue Reading

In Jewelry Talk 1355593692.963

On 12/15/2012 Clover29 said: 9K gold is the standard in the UK, where there is no 14K and 18K is mostly for engagement/wedding rings. I have 9K rings that are 40 years old and have never tarnished. Like any metal used for jewelry, they do get scratched in everyday use. I can't tell them apart from 14K pieces. I'd like to preface this by warning you that this maybe a stupid thing to ask but.... I'm assuming gold purity is the same standard world-wide? It has to be right? So our 10k and your 10k are measured by the same standards? It's not like in Australia where their SPF 15 is the equivale... Continue Reading

10K gold rings. How do they hold up over time? Share your experiences with me!

Last Reply by Sammi D 1355852232.58 | Started by Sammi D in Jewelry Talk

Hello all! This relates a little bit to the thread I posted yesterday: http://community.qvc.com/forums/jewelry-talk/topic/345001/what-kind-of-partial-refund-should-i-be-entitled-to-calling-all-gold-experts.aspx The summary: I bought a ring, I love it, love everything about it except that it was advertised as 14K gold, priced as a 14k gold ring should be priced but when I got it I see that it's 10K gold. I have contacted the seller and asked about a partial refund to make up for the difference. I'm going to take it to a jeweler to see if the stones are set securly and have him do a gold tes... Continue Reading

What kind of partial refund should I be entitled to? Calling all gold "experts"

Last Reply by crawford5153 1356490677.237 | Started by Sammi D in Jewelry Talk

This is not about a QVC piece but can I still post about it? You guys always seem to know your info on gold so I thought you could help me out! Much appreciation! I ordered a beautiful champagne diamond ring set in yellow gold. It was advertised as 14K but when I received it tonight it clearly states 10K gold. I do have a good relationship with the online seller and I do think this was an honest mistake but I would like to ask for a partial refund since I'm getting a lower grade of gold. Here are the specs: 45 champagne diamonds, total carat weight: 0.5ct diamond clarity SI1 10K gold, sol... Continue Reading

Re: What are these black bits of paper that came with my gold rings?

In Jewelry Talk 1355545867.143

On 12/14/2012 ennui said: On 12/14/2012 lobstergal said: I could be wrong but I don't think solid gold tarnishes. It depends on the alloys. The alloys (copper, silver) could tarnish. Yes - I have a few 10K pieces and I assumed those would be more likely to tarnish but I could be wrong. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 2