131 Members and 10949 Guests Online

Buck-i-Nana's Activity

Re: What LOGO says about a woman ....

In Fashion Talk 1430848818.88

On 5/5/2015 luvingit said: Is this stuff even still in style? When I go through the racks of clothing, I never see anything like it. As I said I don't see LOGO in public. I live in So. Ca.. I think compliments come because the tops are " cute". I think ladies like LOGO for the comfort factor. If I bought it it would be because it covers certain areas. But I don't. Too high priced for what you get and some of the styles look girlish, childish. Guess you don't shop Nordstroms, Macy's, JC Penney, JJill, Chicos, Walmart, Kmart etc etc...or anywhere on-line? Continue Reading

Re: What LOGO says about a woman ....

In Fashion Talk 1430836378.943

On 5/5/2015 faeriemoon said: I think you could ask that question about any of the Q's clothing lines. It's not limited to the Q. It's fashion, period. Different strokes for different folks. I for one am thrilled that I don't live in a cookie cutter world and see all different styles worn by all different type of folks. To think ANYONE feels they have the right to dictate how others dress and what they should buy is simply mind boggling. Those who "claim" they live somewhere and never see anyone wearing logo style clothes, all I can say is you must walk around with your eyes closed or perh... Continue Reading

Re: Help! Problem with Energizer Solar Lights TSV

In For the Home Talk 1430355728.743

I don't see a bright light within the light, but the light cast around them is far more significant than any other solar lights I have. I like having the ground illumination more than just a spot of light within the lantern. Continue Reading

Re: Help! Problem with Energizer Solar Lights TSV

In For the Home Talk 1430350076.777

I couldn't see any film on mine, so I just did the rest of the steps and put them out to charge. If there is a film there, it will start to weather and then be easy to peel off. Continue Reading

Re: OT: Psychology Question-What's up with this?

In Beauty Banter 1430349693.24

On 4/29/2015 stray770 said: Often, emails sound more harsh than person to person....maybe if you had a conversation face to face, it may have gone better. I suspect the end result would have been the same regardless. I've had a couple people in my life who insisted on sharing every ugly e-mail that came into their inbox - especially political - without ever even checking to see if the story was true. One I spoke to personally and told him how I love e-mail for sharing family info and pictures, but that I don't like getting all the other stuff. He got angry and said "he doesn't have time to ... Continue Reading

Re: Just a Thought ...

In Viewpoints 1430313331.183

On 4/25/2015 Marp2 said: I was recently thinking along similar lines as the OP but in the context of how would "you" be remembered on the boards--kind, helpful, fun, interesting, antagonistic, mean, bossy, etc. It would depend on who you asked. One of the biggest things I noticed about this forum when I first started posting and it's still true today, it's not what is posted it's who is posting it. If people are only remembered for their last words, that's just sad. I understand what the OP is saying, but in r/l at least, I believe in making sure my family knows they are loved and that I a... Continue Reading

Re: PTR, you would make a much better salesman if you weren't reading off your cue card

In Beauty Banter 1430312869.047

On 4/28/2015 Phantom41 said: I was watching Skinn with Demitri James this weekend and I was impressed he can rattle off every ingredient on every product just off the top of his head! I don't think I've ever seen him use a card! I've seen Demitri read off cards as well, he doesn't pick it up off the table, but he's looking down and reading. I'm sure he can just rattle off the ingredients on his products that have been around a long time, but his newer products he most definitely does read. I have no problem with them reading the ingredients, in many products it's a long list. Continue Reading

Re: Natural gas . . .

In Viewpoints 1430165182.33

On 4/26/2015 sylviahomeatlast said: when we lose power, we still lose heat. The thermostat is electric. My thermostat has a battery back-up. Homeowners in my area who have all electric homes are regularly on TV complaining about how expensive it is to keep their homes heated. Many had price caps that kept their operating costs deceptively low for a number of years, but those caps expired and they were hit with huge rate increases a couple of years ago. Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1430164882.203

On 4/26/2015 raining said: On 4/26/2015 Buck-i-Nana said: On 4/26/2015 raining said: On 4/26/2015 Luv2Decorate said: We have natural gas. It would be interesting to see how many houses burn down because of faulty electrical and electrical surges vs natural gas. At least we know if we lose power, we can still have heat. It isn't the burning - it is the explosions. in other words - some fire damage vs total devastation. The explosions are comparatively rare vs the prevalence of electrical fires and many of them aren't "some fire damage", they are houses totally destroyed and multiple deaths. ... Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1430101055.53

On 4/26/2015 raining said: On 4/26/2015 Luv2Decorate said: We have natural gas. It would be interesting to see how many houses burn down because of faulty electrical and electrical surges vs natural gas. At least we know if we lose power, we can still have heat. It isn't the burning - it is the explosions. in other words - some fire damage vs total devastation. The explosions are comparatively rare vs the prevalence of electrical fires and many of them aren't "some fire damage", they are houses totally destroyed and multiple deaths. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 711
1 2 3 4 ...711Next