Fall Fashion Clearance
141 Members and 17134 Guests Online

castlenv's Activity

Re: Almost $60 for a hooded sweatshirt!!!!!!!

In Beauty Banter 1408810047.567

I am far from being "poor" but I like to get value for my money. $60 for something I am sure can be found for less than half of that is not good "value" IMO. But then there's always the "C" for convenience which I think most people take advantage of. It is certainly not "Q" or "V." Continue Reading

Re: Depressing

In Fashion Talk 1408655127.227

I don't understand why you would keeping buying from a source that obviously doesn't work for you. Try other vendors and give up on QVC. They aren't the only game in town. It sounds like QVC is just a habit with you. Continue Reading

Re: What to wear for a L-O-N-G plane trip

In Fashion Talk 1408464501.673

On long flights I like to wear my Slinky pants with pockets and a similar--poly and spandex--top. It's stretchy and does not wrinkle. Not sure what corresponds on the Q, they have so many different fabrics. Make sure you wear socks, it can get cold on the plane, and a sweater/jacket again in a stretchy material. Bon voyage!! Continue Reading

Re: Whatever happened to Koos & Indigo Moon?

In Fashion Talk 1408460617.833

I have 1 Koos jacket and wish I had bought more. It's reversible and I always get compliments when I wear it. Koos was a little rough around the edges at times!! IM I never liked. I do miss Victor Costa another one who I should have bought more from. Continue Reading

Re: Fashion Expert? Really?

In Isaac Mizrahi Live! 1408379056.863

I think IM was/is a "couture" designer and I remember being impressed when his line came to Target. Now I would imagine that he has a "team" doing his design works and his actual involvement with his QVC products is limited. I personally like a lot of his stuff but with s&h, it is a little above my price point. Continue Reading

Re: QVC's Target Demographic

In The Q We Love 1408289531.26

Jackielee, speaking for myself, I can't remember the last item I bought from QVC and have less than 10 things in my "wish list." I do enjoy reading these forums. I have learned some interesting and some useful things and have gotten a lot of laughs. I don't think the posts have been "snobbish." As I said in my previous post and I agree with Goodstuff that the audience is middle aged with significant discretionary income. I also agree that the personal factor of the hosts is important. When home shopping from TV started decades ago they (HSN/QVC) were the only game in town. Now every sto... Continue Reading

Re: QVC's Target Demographic

In The Q We Love 1408212879.857

I think the target is women in their 50s and 60s with a significant amount of discretionary income. They have been shopping with QVC for years and it has become a habit. They are not interested in comparison shopping and believe they are getting high quality "designer" looks from SG, IM, Linea, etc. This target audience also likes to try different beauty products with cost not a big consideration. Continue Reading

Re: Should I buy a vacuum seal food storage device? Which do you have and how do you most frequently use it?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1408201083.24

On 8/15/2014 Andreatoo said: Debbie Myers, the green box lady, on hsn has a similar device but for a lot less money. Handi-vac food sealer. I don't own it but its something to think about. the reviews are good We have 2 of the Debbie Meyers. It's just hubby and me and it works very well. It's handheld and with, I think, 20 bags, it's in the $20-$25 range although there are specials every now and then. Check out HSN. Continue Reading

Re: I Have Many Of The Same Pieces Of Jewelry QVC Is Selling Today..

In Jewelry Talk 1408133083.657

I agree about Technibond. I'm not that much into jewelry and for my money it looks exactly like gold. I have several pieces and they still look great. Continue Reading

Re: MY, MY.........SG looks like a LOGO show this morning.

In Fashion Talk 1408026220.203

I agree with the previous 2 posters. Can never watch SG for more than a couple of minutes at a time. I check what overpriced stuff she's selling and move on. I wasn't sure who the QVC host was but I certainly did not like what I saw. I can appreciate enthusiasm for a product but I thought both their behaviors were unprofessional. And yes, I did change the channel quickly! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 25
1 2 3 4 ...25Next