Boot Boutique
151 Members and 11362 Guests Online

castlenv's Activity

Re: A slow-brewing fashion movement

In Fashion Talk 1410818223.86

I agree with Skylands. First of all, I never pay full price for anything. There is nothing that I need or want so badly and immediately that I would pay $50 for a top or $150 for a cashmere sweater. Plus, I honestly have not found that more expensive means better. I get bored with my clothing faster than it wears out and stylish clothing is found in all price ranges so I'd rather have 3 lower priced items than 1 expensive item. Continue Reading

Re: The Quickest Way to Pack Like a Pro

In Fashion Talk 1410713026.763

I agree with Sooner. Unless you're going to one place and staying this video is ridiculous. I've been traveling domestically and internationally for over 30 years and would never pack that way folding one garment into another. I use something similar to what clista suggested but not cubes. And I also roll garments especially tops and dresses. I have gone to Europe for more than 2 weeks, even cruises for 2 weeks, with 2 carry on pieces and had no problems at all. Continue Reading

Re: Thanks to poster ___ who recommended ___

In Fashion Talk 1410657963.713

I agree with Golden about the Salux clothes. Never heard of them. Ordered 3 from Amazon and I love them!!! Continue Reading

Re: ELEMIS

In Beauty Banter 1410652439.403

My DH loves their shampoo and conditioner. Continue Reading

Re: your favorite non-leather handbags, shoes?

In Fashion Talk 1410652384.127

LeSportsac and I'm starting to get into VB. I never buy leather bags, too heavy. Continue Reading

Re: ShopHQ fashion

In Fashion Talk 1410652291.75

I've bought in the past a couple of Kate & Mallory dresses, which I love. I have on order a WDNY top. I don't buy much fashion from them but then I can't remember the last item I bought from QVC. Just got 2 items from HSN which suits me much better than the other channels. Continue Reading

Re: Debbie Meyer Green Sponges?

In For the Home Talk 1410442073.357

I have a package of 12. Would not buy again. Nothing special. I use them in the kitchen and bathroom. Continue Reading

Re: Word of Advice Pressure Cooker

In TSV Talk 1410399412.93

On 9/10/2014 cgando said: On 9/10/2014 castlenv said: I would never buy Cook's Essentials anything again. I bought the cookware set several years ago. Was highly rated by Consumer Reports. It was a non-stick version and the small frying pan deteriorated in less than a year. There was a "lifetime guaranty" if I wanted to spend $10 to send it back. I can buy one locally for not much more than that. So much for CE. I assume you won't be reading Consumer Reports any longer either? You're right! I cancelled my subscription years ago!!! Continue Reading

Re: Word of Advice Pressure Cooker

In TSV Talk 1410395512.95

I would never buy Cook's Essentials anything again. I bought the cookware set several years ago. Was highly rated by Consumer Reports. It was a non-stick version and the small frying pan deteriorated in less than a year. There was a "lifetime guaranty" if I wanted to spend $10 to send it back. I can buy one locally for not much more than that. So much for CE. Continue Reading

Re: Complaint to QVC..Don't you watch the Q at home?

In Linea 1410188961.85

I agree with JustJazz about the s&H. I would think the "handling" costs are priced into the article. IMO an SG top is not worth $50, a portion of that goes to QVC's overhead. I sent back an article of clothing for less than $2 when I would have been charged $5.95. I see that difference as pure profit for QVC. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 26
1 2 3 4 ...26Next