Designer Jewelry Gallery
106 Members and 15257 Guests Online

castlenv's Activity

Re: Which non-QVC host would you pick to host PM Style?

In Fashion Talk 1422734945.29

Linda Davies from Liz Claiborne. She and Mary Beth are about the only duo I can watch for more than a few minutes at a time. Continue Reading

Re: Sorry but QVC is lost without Lisa R......

In Fashion Talk 1422731350.983

On 1/31/2015 Jezzebell said: I think QVC got "lost" a few years ago when they changed some of the management and started all the BORING long presentations of the same stuff over and over and over, dropping good product lines etc. Lisa got out while QVC was continuing to tank imho. But the mess has been going on for a long time. Couldn't agree more! And they're trying to make up for poor products by emphasizing the hosts. Doesn't work for me. Continue Reading

Re: Pat was saying how hot she is tonight

In Fashion Talk 1422670612.667

On 1/30/2015 Niners said: I think they are great together, very entertaining. I think the ladies in this forum need to lighten up! I guess it depends on why a person watches--to be entertained or to actually look at the products and shop. QVC used to be a "shopping" channel but not so much anymore. Continue Reading

Re: Chris Scanlon

In Q News 1422563721.49

I was certainly surprised to see all the HSN products, including Colleen's jewelry box, being presented. Really weird! Continue Reading

Re: Am I the only one not a fan?

In Beauty Banter 1422563514.493

On 1/29/2015 MarthaStewardess said: QVC used to be the best of the shopping channels. The hosts were professional, well spoken and well dressed and the merchandise was better with more variety. They actually lived up to the words quality, value and convenience! Agree completely with that assessment. QVC, IMO, has gone way downhill over the years and HSN has gotten better. I find myself watching and buying a lot more from them than the Q which was not the case in the past. Continue Reading

Re: When are poster's on ALL the forums...

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1422405623.623

On 1/27/2015 stevieb said: On 1/27/2015 castlenv said: When the people who do the bashing get a life and don't watch the shopping channels so much. Oh boy. And again with the getting a life mantra... I usually like your posts and agree with you but QVC is a shopping network. The emphasis should be on the product and not the host or even the vendor. If one watches a person for hours at a time, it is inevitable that they will get on your nerves sooner or later. Continue Reading

Re: When are poster's on ALL the forums...

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1422401450.713

When the people who do the bashing get a life and don't watch the shopping channels so much. Continue Reading

Re: Programming

In For the Home Talk 1422401242.293

I think all the shopping networks could use improvement in their programming. Too many 24 hour events and too much of the SOSO products. But then they're in business to make money and NOT to entertain us. Continue Reading

Re: How much square footage to live comfortably

In For the Home Talk 1422033787.913

On 1/23/2015 stevieb said: It really depends on how much stuff you have and plan to keep, how many people will be living with you, and how important it is to have a place to enjoy quiet time away from anyone and everyone else... I agree. We are now going through our "stuff" and getting rid of a lot. DH has difficulty throwing anything out but I love to purge! We do not entertain--that's what restaurants are for!! and we seldom have guests--that's what hotels are for, LOL. We would have a large bedroom which is my escape area and I think we can do 900 sq. ft. very comfortably as long as ... Continue Reading

Re: How much square footage to live comfortably

In For the Home Talk 1421971226.4

On 1/22/2015 wonderfulworld said: One last thought. I am not sure of your age but if this is a final move, it should be set up to be convenient as you 'age in place'. My elderly neighbor just died in his lovely colonial but he spent his last months in the family room while his wife slept in the den. Only a powder room on that floor. Also I would try to price it out so I had enough money to travel, dine out and live a little. Quality of life is very important...maybe more so than a showcase house that eats up all you money. We are in our mid/late 60s and yes, we are viewing this as a final mo... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 33
1 2 3 4 ...33Next