Better Than Black Friday
14 Members and 13578 Guests Online

poshparis's Activity

Re: Cancer survivors

In Health & Fitness 1412306226.487

I had estrogen receptive cancer in 2005, had a lumpectomy and took Femara for 5 years. In May, 2013, after a mammogram and biopsy, it was discovered I had cancer caused by estrogen, progesterone and HER2. I had another lumpectomy and 4 rounds of 3 different chemos every 3 weeks, then 13 rounds of Herceptin for the HER2, then 18 rounds of radiation. My last treatment was July15th. I have to see my oncologist 1 month and then my surgeon in 3 months for the next 2 years. I've had a bone scan and no signs of bone cancer, but because the Herceptin can do heart damage, I've had an echocardiogram ev... Continue Reading

Re: Disappointing Beauty Box

In Beauty Banter 1411003835.847

I get Ipsy and Birch Box and am canceling both. Usually just one time samples, so decided to save myself $20.00 a month. Continue Reading

Re: Something said on LR Show last night about handbag really made me stop and think...

In All About Handbags 1392609682.22

My daughter is a vegetarian and even has a Vegetarian Blog on Word Press, called Peppertree. She has been a vegetarian for over 20 years and has absolutely nothing leather or any type of animal meat in her home. When they were living in D.C., we went out to dinner and I ordered crab cakes and brought one home boxed. When I put it in her fridge, she said that's the first time she had ever had an animal in there. She dresses very cute and has never worn leather shoes or handbags in those 20 years. She's 46. I usually eat vegetarian when I visit and have no problem with it. I do not eat re... Continue Reading

Re: Well, QVC finally acknowleged my return, but.....I'm in shock!!

In Beauty Banter 1392607761.79

On things I have returned, I am sent an e-mail saying they will credit my account and it will show up on my next statement of the one after that. It depends on when you returned, according to their accounting system. I've always gotten credit back, but am always charged the return fee, which is on their shipping form. I did order a white shirt, received a white cami, totally not what I ordered and am waiting to see what I am credited on it. The shirt was around $37.00, the cami was $14.00. Customer service assured me I would receive the $37.00 credit, plus shipping and handling credit. A... Continue Reading

Re: Why is it OK for men to just go grey?

In Beauty Banter 1392606705.547

On 2/16/2014 Miss Lizzie said: On 2/15/2014 poshparis said: I have colored my hair since I was in my 30's, not because of gray, but because my hair was a dishwasher blonde. I am just finishing up my chemo and my hair is growing out gray, about 1/4" right now. The sides are actually white. It hasn't grown enough to tell just what this new hair will look like, but I might keep it, if it looks good. My Mother was 82 when she died and had dark brown hair to the end. It has almost been a blessing to start over again with brand new hair. I'm at a place in my life where I'm going to enjoy myself and... Continue Reading

Re: Why is it OK for men to just go grey?

In Beauty Banter 1392479871.427

I have colored my hair since I was in my 30's, not because of gray, but because my hair was a dishwasher blonde. I am just finishing up my chemo and my hair is growing out gray, about 1/4" right now. The sides are actually white. It hasn't grown enough to tell just what this new hair will look like, but I might keep it, if it looks good. My Mother was 82 when she died and had dark brown hair to the end. It has almost been a blessing to start over again with brand new hair. I'm at a place in my life where I'm going to enjoy myself and if that means embracing gray hair, so be it. Continue Reading

Re: Love Edward Bess

In Beauty Banter 1392442183.577

On 2/14/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said: Never in my life have I had hair as nice as his. I'm jealous. Me too. Beautiful hair. Continue Reading

Re: Love Edward Bess

In Beauty Banter 1392441900.673

I agree with the OP and I'm 66 years old!! Continue Reading

Re: Anybody watching The LRS show?

In Fashion Talk 1392441613.86

Who is calling Lisa an expert? Do you really think Lisa just goes in and picks what she will be presenting? Do you realize that there are people who run QVC and make these choices? What she is showing on TV does not mean she actually buys them or wears them. Lisa is good at selling and that is the bottom line. She has been there a long time and is very popular with the viewers and that is based on her sales. Think people, Lisa does not run QVC, she's just their best sales person, so they gave her the LR show and it's a win/win for Lisa and the Q. Lisa does not act like she's better th... Continue Reading

Re: Has Anyone Ever Had A Sebaceous Cyst On Your Face?

In Beauty Banter 1392439692.713

I've had one, but not on my face, years ago. There is something you can buy that will make it come to a head, and it's little pads for boils. I would run hot water over them and put on the cyst. I then sterilized a needle and made a hole in the cyst and well, the rest is pretty gross, but I don't have a scar. If you lance it, by slicing it open, it probably would have a small scar, but I'd let a dr. do that. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 28
1 2 3 4 ...28Next