TSV(R) Preview
29 Members and 12883 Guests Online

designer1's Activity

Re: Bethlehem Christmas tree problem

In For the Home Talk 1355970475.587

Just today I received a refund as I requested. I called several times and finally got a customer service person who said she would get it processed right away, which she did. In the meantime I purchased a tree from Home Depot, $100 less and its up and looks great. I'm so glad I didn't ask for the replacement base with all the problems I'm reading. I would NEVER purchase anything of Bethlehem lights again. This has been handled so poorly, not sure if the problem was QVC or Bethlehem lights. Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1353156843.5

Wow, this just gets worse. I have no idea what pedal shape I have and my tree is buried in the garage. I certainly don't want to take the chance of using this tree regardless now of the shape of the plug! I have an annual Christmas party here the 13th and looks like I won't have a tree !! After spending $400 on this one last year !!! We should all get reimbursed, not just replace the pedal or a new tree. I don't want another one from QVC or BL !! Enough of this mess, step up QVC and get this done now not months from now. You are losing all your crediblity!! Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1353075802.12

I just received an email saying that the "packet" has been mailed. I tried doing the tracking to see when it would arrive, but could not get any answer on that. I leave this weekend for 10 days so I have no clue until I return what the packet will have in it. Then I'll have to return whatever it is that the packet is asking for and wait for a refund? If that is what we'll get. This has really been a total fiasco! All of this should have been done during the summer. Obviously they knew about it then. Continue Reading

Re: Tree Recall

In For the Home Talk 1352988150.513

On 11/14/2012 Coach24 said: Bethlehem Lights 7.5 ft prelighted tree. I got an automated call last night and it said a packet was being mailed to me with my "options", I called customer service back to check what those "options" might be and they said they didn't know and that knowone there would know. Thats nuts for them to think we believe them- that none of them know any details! It amazes me that Customer service has not been advised what is going on with this recall. Certainly doesn't make you want to deal with QVC ! Now it'll be interesting to see how long it takes to get the packet! Continue Reading

Re: Tree Recall

In For the Home Talk 1352838610.573

well it sounds like this wil go on for a month at least, by the time we get their packet, they get our cord and then refund us. Thanks for letting us know what you were able to find out. Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1352765503.503

On 11/12/2012 DiamondDiva said: On 11/12/2012 designer1 said: I called customer service this morning, was told that they have no idea yet what is going to happen. Also said that everyone was notified on the 5th and it would be at least 10 days from then. My call was on the 3rd, my above post was on the 4th so obviously I was called prior to the 5th. She also said we may have to return the tree!! QVC needs to get their act together. Everyone should call and try to get a response. I agree with hend that we should be getting a full refund! I don't think QVC or BL did this on purpose but I am VE... Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1352728254.71

I called customer service this morning, was told that they have no idea yet what is going to happen. Also said that everyone was notified on the 5th and it would be at least 10 days from then. My call was on the 3rd, my above post was on the 4th so obviously I was called prior to the 5th. She also said we may have to return the tree!! QVC needs to get their act together. Everyone should call and try to get a response. I agree with hend that we should be getting a full refund! Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1352235844.893

On 11/6/2012 CardinalGirl_ said: On 11/5/2012 edumama said: I received an email today about this tree. I am thoroughly disgusted. I wonder why Bethlehem Lights waited until now, which will actually be Nov 15 to decide to do something about it. It took me 65 years to decide to get an artificial tree and I really like the look and ease of this tree. Twice today I spoke with someone in Customer Service. I was told that we would probably have to return the tree at their expense and that someone would pick it up. The second person said she thought it was just a switch problem. Since trees are on e... Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1352073532.057

I really don't want another Bethlehem lights tree so I hope they decide to refund us. I'm just annoyed that they should have resolved all of this sooner so that we know what's going on. It's not like they didn't know this before, after all no one probably has put their tree up since last Christmas. Continue Reading

Bethlehem Christmas tree problem

Last Reply by designer1 1355970475.623 | Started by designer1 in For the Home Talk

I received a call from QVC in regard to a 7.5 Bethlehem tree I purchased last year for almost $400. Apparently it can cause fires. I was told not to use it. BUT I have no clue what to do about it, nor did the Service rep I spoke with. At first she knew nothing about the call. But then called me back to say they had just been notified. Apparently it will be 10 days before we know what to do about this. I think that's terrible. All the Xmas trees are on sale in the stores right now so I would like to take advantage of the sales if mine is not functionable. Has anyone else heard more regar... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1