TSV(R) Preview
12 Members and 8643 Guests Online

smoochy's Activity

Re: Foundation that stays put under surgical mask?

In Beauty Banter 1396661326.83

ennui There is nothing for me to "get over". You hold an archaic viewpoint that isn't going to change. just know that equating makeup with nursing skill, as you implied with the words vanity and concentrate, is offensive to nurses every where. The only thing I need to "get over" is thinking that conversation with you holds even a molecule of importance. I will leave you to your outdated, stereotyped opinion and will focus my energy on grieving the death of my boy. What a crazy idea it was to think I would find pleasant diversion here. Continue Reading

Re: Foundation that stays put under surgical mask?

In Beauty Banter 1396659426.89

On 4/4/2014 ennui1 said: Stop wearing makeup? Since you're a nursing student ... at some point, you'll get over the vanity aspect and concentrate on the OR patient. When my mom was in ICU, none of the nurses wore makeup. and when my son was dying in the trauma care unit after his accident in Nov, every RN I encountered was wearing makeup. Should I now wonder if wearing makeup diminished their ability to "concentrate" on trying to save his life? I'm now semi retired after 42 years of being a working RN and I indulged my "vanity" (!) every day by wearing tastefully applied cosmetics. Your rem... Continue Reading

Re: does anyone wear acrylic/gels with tips anymore

In Beauty Banter 1396572145.447

today at my new hair salon I saw a friend getting a shellac mani. She highly recommended the nail tech and I have very positive vibes about the salon in general, skill level of personnel, attention to cleanliness and fantastic service. So I made an appt for a shellac manicure next week. We'll see how it goes. The other customers said theirs are lasting 2 full weeks. So like someone said on this thread, it must have a lot to do with quality of products used, and the skill of the tech. And taking her time~this is an appointment only salon. Once again, thanks for all the input. If I end up not c... Continue Reading

Re: does anyone wear acrylic/gels with tips anymore

In Beauty Banter 1396492105.84

appreciate the varied responses. for those of you who do the artificial nails, where do you go? to one of the high volume walk-in places? or a hair/day spa salon where nails are done only by appointment? what is your preference? Continue Reading

does anyone wear acrylic/gels with tips anymore

Last Reply by Shogirl 1396874088.447 | Started by smoochy in Beauty Banter

I have tried the shellac type overlay, found it to peel off within a week. my own nails are brittle and they break as soon as the length is past my fingertip. With osteoarthritis becoming more noticeable in my hands, I feel they would look prettier and more balanced with longer, beautifully manicured nails. I've tried many products to improve my natural nails, but nothing has made much difference. Likely cause of the dry, brittle nails is aging. I'm 62, it is what it is. In my area I do see people with gel type nails, though I think most people are doing the shellac/gellish as opposed to acry... Continue Reading

Re: Question re TOVA fragrances

In Beauty Banter 1395367467.493

A year or two ago I bought Tova Platinum, it smelled nice. Not exactly like the original. But then I tried the latest incarnation of Tova Signature. That one is very very close to the original, to my nose. And when I started wearing it my son said it reminded him of how I always smelled when he was a kid. that was back in the 80s and 90's when I only wore original Tova Signature. I will tell you that other people occasionally tell me I smell good. So when this bottle is gone (I wear it daily) I will absolutely buy it again. hope this helps. Continue Reading

Re: OT...kinda. How many ladies here live the kind of lifestyle...

In Beauty Banter 1393697454.993

On 2/28/2014 MarenSeattle said: My High School Senior Prom. 1970. Not once since then. haha laughing here! me too, 1969. Well if you want to get technical I was dressed up in a floor length gown for my first wedding in '79. No formal events since then. I am deeply rooted in the upper Midwest, and not in a major metro area. Around here we are casual for most things. Plus I am not a red carpet type. More like a beige, stain-resistant carpet type lol. I don't run with the "in" crowd I guess. Continue Reading

Re: advice and question re Bobbi Brown cream shadows

In Beauty Banter 1393559693.347

hmm. I am about fifty miles from a BB counter, however I go to that town once a week for something else. Might go a little early next week and take a look at the eye makeup in person. That way I would know exactly what I was getting. Continue Reading

Re: advice and question re Bobbi Brown cream shadows

In Beauty Banter 1393558462.633

oh thanks Smilealot. It is impossible to figure out what that color will look like in person. I have looked at it several times. good to know there is no shine to it. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 149
1 2 3 4 ...149Next