145 Members and 18086 Guests Online

Pie1993's Activity

Re: Wall-Mounted Air Conditioners - Anyone have one?

In For the Home Talk 1429389514.733

I think you are referring to the type that is actually mounted to the WALL. There is a lot of information on these air conditioners - they can start at $1,000 each. I have seen them in several houses that need air conditioning in the bedroom. I believe they are somehow hooked up to the central air conditioning unit. You will need an someone with installation experience for sure. Continue Reading

Re: Here's what happened... do you think my actions were justified?

In Health & Fitness 1429007461.557

On 4/14/2015 Pie1993 said: I had an Endocrinologist who used to make patients wait. I saw her at one point 4X a year and on every visit a patient would have a melt down and walk out LOUDLY complaining about the wait time. On one visit the doctor explained that she and her collages where required to see one patient EVERY 15 MINUTES and many times these visits require more time. The wait times have changed - DRAMATICALLY. Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1429007199.98

On 4/14/2015 Yammy25 said: If you expected the doctor to apologize and beg you to stay it won't happen. All doctors are over-booked and overloaded. There is a tremendous shortage of doctors in the U.S. currently on ALL levels. And the insurance problems give them an eternal nightmare that they didn't train in school to handle. No one likes it, but it is happening all over the country. Your story is a dime a dozen, unfortunately. You did what you thought was best, and you must live with your decision. No skin off of his nose or yours. Life goes on. Yammy25 is right. Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1429007147.563

I had an Endocrinologist who used to make patients wait. I saw her at one point 4X a year and on every visit a patient would freak out and walk out complaining about the wait time. On one visit the doctor explained that she and her collages where required to see one patient EVERY 15 MINUTES and many times these visits require more time. The wait times have changed - DRAMATICALLY. Continue Reading

Re: Second kitchen in the basement? Is that an Italian thing?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1428755589.49

I think the basement kitchen is being replaced with the ultra deluxe man-garage. We went to a house-warming two weeks ago and the garage was unbelievable. The floors where waxed, there was a primitive but very functional fireplace in the corner and one wall had a full kitchen. Gone are the days of re-purposed refrigerator with a keg fixture hanging out the side. We had gone to this same Families 'old' home to enjoy Family birthdays in their garage in the past. Continue Reading

Re: Second kitchen in the basement? Is that an Italian thing?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1428755047.277

I live in Baltimore and remember YEARS AGO the basement kitchen was big with Polish people too. Not just an Italian thing. Continue Reading

Re: Dumping your WEN ??

In Beauty Banter 1428492267.243

On 4/8/2015 Kjelle said: I will stop using WEN when I can't get it on the black market anymore with wheelbarrows full of cash! Three years of improved and great hair can't be wiped out by some ppl saying they had an adverse reaction, let alone one they can't prove as of yet. This is all a bunch of catastrophizing. I don't even know that the formula of WEN being talked about is the one being sold at the Q. There are at least 3 formulations; 1) salon and QVC-US 2) Guthy Renker for Sephora and 3) Guthy Renker informercial and Worldwide. based on what you wrote - there are different formulations... Continue Reading

Re: Dumping your WEN ??

In Beauty Banter 1428492143.49

I just returned to Wen - I thought it was getting too expensive to continue using. This ended up being a mistake. I found it necessary to wash my long hair more often AND my hair started to look either dry or oily. After several negative comments I returned to the Wen and things have returned to normal. I used PANTENE briefly. When my haircutter inquired as to what product I was now using on my hair - and I replied Pantene - the look of horror was hilarious. She advised dumping the Pantene and using the Salon products. I totally agreed that my hair felt different - and I had a tremendous... Continue Reading

Re: Another pump problem thread

In WEN 1428491662.457

I gave up on the pumps. Once mine start acting up I just dump the product onto my palm and work it into my hair. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 125
1 2 3 4 ...125Next