134 Members and 20920 Guests Online

violann's Activity

Re: For those who have struggled with their weight: Are you as sick of Before & After-type stuff as I am???

In Health & Fitness 1430674386.113

I get all of you ladies who seek a solution to this very complex and often mistifying problem. sidsmom and I can sometimes disagree (STRENUOUSLY) to our respective choices to our best approach, but I will, and DO defend without reservation her focus and determination to seek out what works well for her in achieving the best health she can. The bottom line for me is always "If we could all do what typical weight people tell us to do, NO ONE would be morbidly obese". But that's the thing that typical weight people, often with the VERY BEST OF INTENTIONS, really can't understand. I found that by... Continue Reading

Re: Brain Tumor - Astrocytoma

In Health & Fitness 1430660831.56

Keeping you all in our prayers and in our hearts..... Continue Reading

Re: For those who have struggled with their weight: Are you as sick of Before & After-type stuff as I am???

In Health & Fitness 1430656113.363

On 5/3/2015 NJ4Jays said: 75 percent gain weight back those photos are taken at peak loss find them and take a pic today and you would see it all it take complete dedication to maintain loss even Ali Vincent from Biggest loser gained alot of weight back I actually would have thought the percentage of failure was higher. The National Institute of Health keeps statistics on people who are long term successes at weight loss, and they're mostly if not all health based, not cosmetically based. For me, that's part of the key. The "program" on TBL isn't health based, and to people who are obese, it... Continue Reading

Re: Belviq. Weight loss drug.

In Health & Fitness 1430652355.77

On 5/2/2015 willdob3 said: I am going to recommend an excellent book instead of even discussing diet pills. Please check out "The Diet Cure" by Julia Ross. It has been an eye-opening, life-changing book for many. It has a detailed questionnaire & your answers will lead to diet & supplement recommendations. Healthy food, healthy supplements that our bodies need - a lot of amino acids. It has recommendations that can kill cravings. And help with all sorts of health issues. GREAT recommendation! No quicky cure, but excellent, research based perspective. Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1430615340.4

Excellent point Tinkrbll44. The problem is complex and has many causes. Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1430613441.273

On 5/2/2015 italia8140 said: On 5/2/2015 violann said: On 5/1/2015 italia8140 said: Losing weight is not rocket science. Eat fewer calories, eliminate junk food, eat healthy, and exercise. Not too hard to figure out. There's no quick fix, and it doesn't take a therapist to tell you how to lose weight. italia, have you lived any part of your life weighing more than 100 pounds over what would be healthy for you to weigh? If so, and if you've lost a significant amount of weight following your own suggestions, we'll talk. Otherwise, you're not at all prepared for this conversation. People can co... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1430613281.33

Hi bootsanne. congrats on facing up to this VERY COMPLEX problem, and seeking the help of knowledgeable professionals. I have not taken Belviq, but I did take Meridia when it was available. I belive Belviq works in the part of the brain that responds to rewards. Those of us who are obese or morbidly obese experience eating as more rewarding than average sized people. The idea (I think) is that if food no longer evokes a strong reward, you'll be less likely to overeat. Not all obese people respond to the same circumstances, so meds or surgery or hypnosis or any other treatment MAY work for you... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1430611009.537

On 5/1/2015 italia8140 said: Losing weight is not rocket science. Eat fewer calories, eliminate junk food, eat healthy, and exercise. Not too hard to figure out. There's no quick fix, and it doesn't take a therapist to tell you how to lose weight. italia, have you lived any part of your life weighing more than 100 pounds over what would be healthy for you to weigh? If so, and if you've lost a significant amount of weight following your own suggestions, we'll talk. Otherwise, you're not at all prepared for this conversation. Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1430610573.233

I've happily maintained for over a year by following the rules I started with. Continue Reading

Re: Can You Still Wear Nude Hose With Sandals?

In Fashion Talk 1430596154.123

On 5/2/2015 colliegirls said: I would never wear hose with sandals but I do wish pantyhose would come back in style to wear with pumps, especially in the winter. I just think hose with pumps is a more finished look. Really? I love it when my legs look like blue and red road maps in the snow! I have to laugh because I haven't checked, but I bet some of the people who are saying it's against the law to wear hose are also saying that anything is fine to wear to the prom. I hate the look of bare legs when it's freezing out, and I don't care f the Pope says I can't wear hose. I STILL WILL! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1265
1 2 3 4 ...1265Next