Better Than Black Friday
91 Members and 14057 Guests Online

violann's Activity

Re: Help! Lost 60 lbs and now have TURKEY NECK

In Beauty Banter 1417010037.95

I've lost 80, and all the women in my family have short necks and massive wattles, but I'd rather have my chins flop to my waist than be dragging around the 80+ pounds of "sad fat". Wanted to add, I'd also rather spend money on clothing than on a procedure that probably wouldn't do much to improve my appearance anyway. Hope that all of you who choose surgery or other medical procedures are thrilled with your results! Continue Reading

Re: Platinum streaks on black hair

In Fashion Talk 1417007963.083

My natural color is horrid- white in front, wet newspaper gray in back and I've considered trying black and white lowlights. Let us know what you decide. Continue Reading

Re: Sad at this time of year...

In Among Friends 1417006926.037

On 11/25/2014 bigsister said: violann, I am sorry for your loss of a special relative this spring. Their absence will be noticed, especially by you, but you are planning a different way to celebrate the holidays. That's exactly what I mean when I say, "we have to try and adjust to their absence." I will be thinking of all of you who are grieving and "adjusting." So kind of you bigsister. I will certainly be thinking of you as well, and also hoping that all of us who do have to adjust to new circumstances through these holidays are able to "get through". Continue Reading

Re: TVLand confuses me

In Viewpoints 1417006583.78

On 11/25/2014 qvcaddition said: O,Tilley,s killing Jesus was good also. The back of book tells all the references and information. It is not a religious book, but history. An author's affirmation that h/h work is "history" reflects the author's POV about h/h own work. It does not mean that the author's comment, or his writing are actually factual, and opinions from relatively objective scholar's have varied widely. Continue Reading

Re: How Many are NOT Doing a Big Thanksgiving Meal?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1417006030.307

This year we have TWO terrific DDILs, and each of the young couples has a new home. I did turkey and salmon for 12 of us last Sunday, one DIL's mom is doing turkey tomorrow for HER 3 children, spouses and grandchildren, and we'll be going to our other DS's new home for dinner cooked in that DDIL's new kitchen for just the four of us, the other stopping by either before or after the other mom's dinner. Fortunately, we all really love each other, and although it sometimes takes a little extra tap dancing, it's worth it. Continue Reading

Re: TVLand confuses me

In Viewpoints 1416957403.07

On 11/25/2014 adelle38 said: On 11/25/2014 qvcaddition said: I think they found him dead in a motel, suicide? My goodness, not that it makes anything right, but why are they dragging out everyone,s past from umpteen years ago,? I was appalled when I read KILLING KENNEDY, my beloved President, and the sick things he did. Was it necessary to write about that and tarnish his presidency,? While these women were victims and coming out now, why did a few go back to meet him again? At least that is what I heard in their testimony. Why did they wait 30 years? Some no longer famous, why not come forwa... Continue Reading

Re: Why Is Thanskgiving Day being overshadowed by Stores opening at 6pm

In Viewpoints 1416956869.03

If people do not have friends or family with whom to celebrate, they may find it more cheerful and uplifting to walk around the mall or through the stores. If that's the case, I hope they get some joy and peace out of being there. Continue Reading

Re: Sad at this time of year...

In Among Friends 1416955107.307

On 11/25/2014 bigsister said: My Christmas will never be the same since my husband and my sister have died. I planned my Christmas around them and now they are not here. No one can fill their void. We don't get over the loss of a loved one; I'm just trying to adjust to their absence. OP, I'm sad for you, too. I do try to keep a smile on my face and it does help somewhat. Funny how those beautiful plans that you had for others seem to make things so much sadder when they're gone. I los a very special relative in the spring, and we had a particularly nice holiday last year. This year, I'm doin... Continue Reading

Re: I was invited to my first Reveal Party.....

In Among Friends 1416954828.79

I hope my kids don't do that when/if I'm lucky enough to become a Gramma. I think it's more fun to let nature take its course! Continue Reading

Re: Am I the only one who hates my picture being taken?

In Among Friends 1416954519.603

I HAVE to have my picture taken in 2 weeks for a class picture. I'm already freaking out! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1181
1 2 3 4 ...1181Next