TSV(R) Preview
135 Members and 14967 Guests Online

violann's Activity

Re: Anyone Regret Getting A Memory Foam Mattress?

In For the Home Talk 1413983633.027

People who "get stuck" are not reading the recommendations. Fibro pain REQUIRES a combnation of firm but also yielding surfaces for maximum comfort. GOOGLE CuddlEwe if you have fibro- I DON'T sell'em- I just LOVE 'em! Continue Reading

Re: Lock & Lock TSV

In TSV Talk 1413979795.91

How really nifty of you ladies to do that! One of my DIL's makes the best savory crunchy snack mix every Christmas, and we all look forward to it. Such a nice thing to do! Continue Reading

Re: ALL DAY COOKING TODAY. TIRED OF THANKSGIVING ALREADY AND IT'S STILL DARK !! 10/22/14

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1413979418.793

Had a terrible loss in March and didn't want the holiday season to come. Just in the last couple days, by TGofG, I've had a tiny turkey-cranberry spark in my heart that I NEVER thought I'd feel this year. I wanna SHARE IT, so Happy Thanksgiving to anyone wishing, as I was, that the whole thing would just roll past and let me sleep. BRING IT, the WHOLE thing! Can't wait to set the table and test the bird for doneness. Blessings to EVERYONE! Continue Reading

Re: Asked My Neuro Today What I Could Do for My Aging Brain

In Health & Fitness 1413945068.637

On 10/21/2014 Harpa said: I don't know why more don't recommend playing a musical instrument, especially in ensemble. Diet, exercise, music (in the form of playing) & reading (spiritual exercise too!) -- all are a must in my book! I have often wanted to form ensembles in nursing homes with melodic & percussion Orff instruments. I am definitely going to pursue this in my next life chapter. HOW WONDERFUL!!!! Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1413923495.937

sfnative, how VERY interesting that your original focus was music! I guess my passion is probably relatd to the fact that I was a speech therapist for almost 40 years. I loved what I did, but I also knew my whole life that at some point I HAD to return to music somehow. Maybe your dream will take you to another art, or maybe in anotther direction. Searching is part of the fun! Continue Reading

Re: has anyone dared to download iOS 8.1 yet???

In Electronics Talk 1413913051.327

I have done my phone and my iPad Air, and they are working fine. No problems. Continue Reading

Re: New to a Low Sodium Diet – Need Help

In Health & Fitness 1413912075.817

Havarti, please be encouraged by the fact that the less salt you ingest, the less you want. I omitted salt because I could not tolerate BP medications, and within a month or two myBP was within normal limits. Egg whites are really good for BP. I eat 6 egg whites most days.mthe sodium in egg whites does not elevate my blood pressure. Exercise helps too. The best thing I consume is Hibiscus Tea. The Celestial Seasonings "Zinger" teas contain a lot of Hibiscus. It can help a lot! Google it. Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1413910709.7

On 10/21/2014 CouponQueen said: absolutely NOT LOL.. We had a 4" topper and ordered a whole new bed..14" foam mattress with the gel top and 8" foam foundation..BEST THING WE HAVE DONE.. OMG HEAVEN! LOL ITA! Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1413891915.12

I would never be without foam, BUT I would also never be without a 3" cool topper from COSTCO and, most important, a CuddlEwe on top of that. Ours smelled for a day or 2, then no smell. I have Fibro, and my current arrangement is the best combination I've ever tried. Nothing is warm in our beastly winters or cool in our brutal summers, but the CuddlEwe helps a lot. I think foam does need to be replaced every 7 or so years, but I also know that we kept our original top of the line ROCK HARD mattress much longer than we should have. Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1413890370.623

Is there anything you dreamed about doing before you retired that you now have the time to do? Our local junior college has given me the opportunity to reconnect to music in ways I hadn't imagined before I started. Although I'm older than you are, I'm preparing to begin a graduate degree in some area of applied music. My "aging brain" seems to be doing OK with it, LOL. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1159
1 2 3 4 ...1159Next