Labor Day Weekend Clearance
152 Members and 11327 Guests Online

susandee's Activity

Re: Next Allure Beauty Box....when?

In Beauty Banter 1408472279.057

Goes on sale 9:01am PST (12:01pm EDT) ON 8/26. Visit http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/133464-allure-fall-beauty-box-2014/page-2 and view post #30 for a photo. I'm underwhelmed and so happy I didn't purchase the three boxes ahead of time when I had the chance. Continue Reading

Re: IT Cosmetics - CC Cream - How do you like this?

In Beauty Banter 1408471414.967

On 8/19/2014 Sandgirl said: On 8/19/2014 NCGIRL said: I bought it on auto delivery when it was a tsv. I ordered the tan which i wear in the celebration foundation. I have light olive skin. I love it but the tan was to dark for me and had to change color to medium and its perfect. My holy grail foundation love it THANK YOU!!! If you have Olive skin, I doubt that you and I could both wear medium so I'm thinking I better go with the light..... hummm confused on what color to go with haha I wear light in the IT Celebration foundation and Medium in the CC cream. The Medium shade is VERY forgivin... Continue Reading

Re: IT Cosmetics - CC Cream - How do you like this?

In Beauty Banter 1408467648.753

Get the medium! I am usually light in BE but the light in the IT CC was a little ashy on me. The medium is perfect for me during the summer. This product is wonderful and I have combo skin, am 53 and I simply set it with powder or Mally's Face Defender (which sets it the best!). Continue Reading

Re: OT: bruised tail bone

In Beauty Banter 1408376117.273

I've chipped my tailbone and it hurts like mad. Check out http://www.coccyx.org/index.htm for some ideas about sitting comfortably and pain relief until this passes. It will get better! Continue Reading

Re: tarte sale....

In Beauty Banter 1408309468.677

It is actually Monday 8 AM PST, not Sunday! Continue Reading

Re: OT Dad - cancers

In Beauty Banter 1408225448.05

On 8/16/2014 HappyDaysRcomin said: Update...my dad has had 8 treatments. He is sicker than ever and very skinny and weak. My mom is exhausted and feeling like she is not strong enough at times. My dad is getting bad results on blood work. Liver counts still very high. I feel so angry and sad at the same time. I hate what is happening and can't do a thing about it. I wish I could take his pain for him. He doesn't deserve this. No one does. My mom suffers from migraine headaches...about 5 of them a week. She is the strongest person I know...she hides them from my dad so he don't worry. Please c... Continue Reading

Re: Next Allure Beauty Box....when?

In Beauty Banter 1408035882.68

The large Allure Beauty Box was supposed to be shipped in August and December for those who preordered. It is my understanding that Allure moved the August release to September to coincide with the September magazine issue. Not sure as to a sale date yet. If I hear anything I'll post! Continue Reading

Re: PMD question.

In Beauty Banter 1407520533.447

Hi Jenmarieb! Yes, I love my PMD. My first question for you would be your skin type. If you are someone who regularly exfoliates and whose skin reacts well to dermabrasion type products then you will not have a huge transition. If you are new to the whole exfoliation world, then start off slowly. Watch the DVD and use the training disc first!! Reread my last sentence. ;-) It will come with different strength discs and use the sensitive (blue) for as long as you require. The last thing you want is to go hog wild and damage your skin. Personally, I always recommend that people purchase the grey... Continue Reading

Re: one more question on Dr. Denese Retinol Product.

In Beauty Banter 1407375781.68

On 8/6/2014 Jenmarieb said: susandee--Good point, I did not even consider the packaging. I was also a little concerned that the hydroshield may break me out, but I can return if that is the case. I have sensitive, acne prone skin and I never broke out from hydroshield. I did from Josie Maran's argon oil though. So each person's skin is different. The nice thing about the hydroshield is it dries matte, just make sure you give it a good 10 minutes to absorb and you do not need to use a lot. I use it under my eyes as well, neck and chest. And don't forget the back of your neck and ears too... Continue Reading

Re: one more question on Dr. Denese Retinol Product.

In Beauty Banter 1407366204.59

First, for one ounce of the PTR Retinol at Sephora you will pay $65. For $100 you receive the entire Dr. Denese TSV where you get 2 ounces of the retinol, 2 ounces of the Hydroshield (which I CANNOT live without) and the eye cream. So on cost alone, and especially if you signed up for auto-delivery, you would be crazy to not try Dr. Denese. I love, love her products as we discussed in your prior thread. The Dr. Denese retinol product is in a pump so the ingredients are not exposed to air. The PTR is not protected but in a dropper bottle. Try the Denese, you can always return it, but you... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 46
1 2 3 4 ...46Next