Weekend Preview
147 Members and 11823 Guests Online

InStitches49's Activity

Re: Should New D&B Chelsea Come Wrapped in Blue Protector Sack?

In Dooney & Bourke 1414098661.98

I know that if I'm paying over $250 for a handbag that I'm going to use the rest of my life then I want something in new condition. When I looked at the handbag in the daylight, it was obvious that someone had used it before, not roughly but enough that it wasn't worth paying as "new," only as "as is" (which wasn't how I bought it). This is only the third D&B handbag I've bought and probably will be the last for a long time. If I'm not satisfied, then I think I justifiably have a reason to return it and get another bag. It wasn't just about the color gray; it was about the condition i... Continue Reading

In Dooney & Bourke 1414090941.603

VERDICT--I returned the gray Chelsea and will get a chocolate brown one instead. I called Customer Service and told them that somehow I just believe I got sent a return. She told me that there were no more gray bags, so my second choice was chocolate brown anyway. The new amber color is interesting but looks a lot like the taupe I have in Charleston, and I wanted a distinct difference between the taupe and black bags I already have (without going to pink or orange though). Anyway I firmly told her I wanted a NEW bag and not another return. We'll see what happens in a few days . Continue Reading

In Dooney & Bourke 1414024235.063

Thanks for your replies. I'll check it out more in daylight tomorrow as it came too late today. On the surface it looks okay. I'm just not too sure now I want to keep the gray--leaning towards swapping it for dark brown or amber color. It's hard to discern the true tone of a color by looking either online or on the screen. And none of the local stores, even though I live in a large city, have the Chelsea at all right now :(. It is bigger than the Charleston bags I own but I like the unique style. I prefer a double handled bag over a single handle like a hobo. Continue Reading

Should New D&B Chelsea Come Wrapped in Blue Protector Sack?

Last Reply by stevieb 1414099683.167 | Started by InStitches49 in Dooney & Bourke

Question: I got the Chelsea shopper today in the gray, and it was inside the blue D&B dust protector bag. When I got my D&B bags locally, they were not packaged that way in that the blue bag was folded inside the handbag. Is this the way QVC normally packages new D&B bags? Also, I noticed that while the handles were wrapped in clear plastic wrap, there was only one paper packing bunched on one side of the bag inside. I'm just wondering if this was a return which I got repackaged the best someone there could do. Also, I'm not sure I want the gray color once I get it home. Bu... Continue Reading

Re: Dooney new website up

In Dooney & Bourke 1413861807.693

One thing I like about the new design is that the photos of items show up clearer and perhaps a little truer in color. There are still glitches though. And I found a new interesting color in some purses--coffee. If that gets on Q there will be a comparison needed with amber and perhaps taupe or tan. I wish on both Q and DB that you could put the same purse in different colors next to each other to get a comparison color chart :). Continue Reading

Re: Re-Order - Kate Shirt - Sneak Peek NEW Colour CLAY!

In Linea 1413776152.18

Question--do you think this is a style that needs to be ordered one size up? The measurements look a little tight to me especially with the fabric content. Leaning towards the new stone and clay colors but don't want to get the wrong size. Usually I'm a medium in most Linea items. Continue Reading

Re: IT truly is all about YOU!

In Beauty Banter, Hosts & Personalities, TSV Talk 1413775884.873

I was excited to get this as I've ordered individual IT products before. However, when I got to the foundation powder and opened it a zillion particles came out of the case all over my jeans and the carpet! While the blush compact was intact, the powder somehow was in pieces (the foundation and not the actual case). I called CS and explained the situation so I'm returning the TSV for a credit and cancelled the auto-delivery. I'll keep ordering individual products probably but this was a first for me. Continue Reading

Re: SWING JACKET - Available on Q - A257286

In Linea 1413063206.6

After seeing the jacket presented, I cancelled my order for one in navy. I loved the colors but wasn't sure I'd like the swing part on my body even though I'm a medium. The jacket looked a little shorter than I'd anticipated as well. Now the models looked terrific in it, but Leah definitely did not unfortunately. I'm going to save the money for several other upcoming items that I am more in need of. Continue Reading

Re: SWING JACKET - Available on Q - A257286

In Linea 1413001782.96

I went down one size given what is in the measurements plus an answer Louis gave someone on the blog when this jacket was previewed. I also hardly even button up my jackets except for one particular winter coat with a hood which I use when it's coldest here in TN. I got the navy as that's one color I've been wanting in this type of jacket or coat and don't have. I'm not usually a person who likes green but the hunter is a good color to me. And the red coat reminds me of a red jacket my mother used to wear a lot and which looked good on her. Continue Reading

Re: Dooney TSV November 15th

In Dooney & Bourke 1412994048.067

While I think I might like the smaller size, the photos make the bag look very shiny or glossy which I don't like. This may be one that has to be seen in person to make a judgment on whether to get it. I've been eyeing the original, bigger version of Chelsea a while, and even though it's bigger I still like it better at least in the photos. Of course, often the photos done online for a lot of things are just hideous. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 38
1 2 3 4 ...38Next