Fashion & Accessories Clearance
113 Members and 15506 Guests Online

Harpa's Activity

Re: It's Friday, Beauties. What did you purchase this past week ending 7/25/14?

In Beauty Banter 1406328522.773

You, too, Kat (and all) - happy weekend! Mine's same old, same old -- Devita Vitamin C & AH ResQ, nothing in the way of color cosmetics. I truly can't think of a single thing I would even like to have. (That's sad, isn't it?) I've been also getting some birthday things for DD & SIL. Continue Reading

Re: Wanna see the bridesmaid's dresses....

In Fashion Talk 1406328321.363

On 7/25/2014 chrystaltree said: Perfect bridesmaid dress at a great price....A 252712. My bff's daughter is getting married in early December. My two daughters and the bride's sister will be bridesmaids. It's Christmas time, everyone's concerned about expenses. So, I was given the task of finding reasonably priced bridesmaid's dresses and one that the bride's sister can wear as a prom dress next May. They wanted to spend approximately $100. They had to be red, long and the bride's sister is a size 24. I got everyones measurement's this morning via text, I asked them to give me a week. It took... Continue Reading

Re: Article In Prevention Magazine - Collagen Supplements And Wrinkle Reduction

In Beauty Banter 1406291961.583

Yes, interesting. I'm trying to find out exactly what is in each of those formulas that were studied. Is it the collagen...all it says is collagen peptide, but is it the collagen that is animal derived? So, is it the collagen, or is it something else in the formula? Interesting, too, is that both contain silica, and I've done a little research into silica. Just being careful as to what is actually contributing to the results they are seeing. Continue Reading

Re: Is there an oil or cream you swear by to help prevent or minimize scarring?

In Beauty Banter 1406237222.45

Helichrysum is supposed to be good for reducing/eliminating scars. But it is very expensive. Rose hip seed oil has that notoriety, as well. Continue Reading

Re: Paula Sold Paula's Choice

In Beauty Banter 1406206161.377

On 7/24/2014 katkitty said: <br class="quote_author" / Every company, when bought, always changes their formulas, concepts, cheapens the product, and tries to appeal to a wider audience and tries to go mainstream through mega marketing. Like it or not, it's just business. It is truly about the benjamin's and bottom line. Paula made her pile, though she may have made people think, through clever marketing, that she really 'cared' about women's skin care issues and her 'solutions' were the best of the best and superior to all others. Marketing, marketing, marketing. I just do not think it ... Continue Reading

Re: Caruso Steam Rollers vs. Hot Rollers

In Beauty Banter 1406140433.27

I am definitely partial to Caruso! I have the original unit, and it is going as strong as ever! It gives me the tightest curl in 5-8 minutes, and great body in just about 2 minutes! :) Curl lasts all day, sometimes into the next day, but I generally refresh the set (whether I shampoo or not). Nice & bouncy! I have other sets (don't ask me what anymore) and they have never given me results like Caruso. My hair is normal, straight if I don't do anything with it, and on the heavy side. Continue Reading

Re: O/T What is you earliest childhood memory?

In Fashion Talk 1406140026.68

On 7/23/2014 HiLo said: On 7/23/2014 Harpa said: My earliest is at 6 months, when Hurricane Hazel came through the east coast...my brother & sister (toddlers) were so excited and anxious to get out and play in it, and I was laying in the crib. My Mom said she was little like that, too, when she was sitting on her Mom's lap. It was Halloween, and she remembers some kid had dressed up in a red devil's costume and she got scared & cried. Amazing memory you have, Harpa. I actually have a couple more before I was 2, but I think that one was my earliest. I remember one specific time when ... Continue Reading

Re: O/T What is you earliest childhood memory?

In Fashion Talk 1406135291.867

My earliest is at 6 months, when Hurricane Hazel came through the east coast...my brother & sister (toddlers) were so excited and anxious to get out and play in it, and I was laying in the crib. My Mom said she was little like that, too, when she was sitting on her Mom's lap. It was Halloween, and she remembers some kid had dressed up in a red devil's costume and she got scared & cried. Continue Reading

Re: How Does Everyone Prepare Salmon?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1406124994.397

I so appreciate all these wonderful recipes!! TY!! Continue Reading

Re: Anyone else have problems with products not absorbing?

In Beauty Banter 1406122618.323

I can't tell you how many times I've read about skin penetration and absorption. For the most part, our cosmetics do not "absorb" or "penetrate" -- at least all that much. (In spite of bloggers saying you're going to gain a few pounds by using cosmetics!) You need phosolipids as delivery agents for ingredients to get into a sub layer, but there are so many factors, that no single thing is the answer. Also, much smaller molecular weight, which, for the most part, most of our things just don't (and should not!) have. If things were to sink further, you risk upsetting your natural mechanism. Ski... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 635
1 2 3 4 ...635Next