Boot Boutique
97 Members and 11080 Guests Online

Harpa's Activity

Re: Can we talk antiques?

In For the Home Talk 1410971004.757

I do enjoy early American, Wallace Nutting-type antiques. Have an early American table in the kitchen - gosh, that thing is old, but I never got it appraised. It's surrounded by a few Windors...my ladderbacks are out in the garage; they just don't look right anywhere... Since the kitchen is on the order of 50s style, w/ white cabinets, the pepper grinder, which I use all the time, makes a nice accent, along with some eastern shore duck decoys. Most of my other things are accents, too, I mean, if you are talking really old antiques. By this time, my Queen Ann sofa and another chair and side ta... Continue Reading

Re: Who uses a very cheap facial cleanser BUT expensive serums/moisturizers, etc.

In Beauty Banter 1410964421.657

On 9/17/2014 sunshine3215 said: I'm not sure if this is a good idea but I use Dr. Bronner's Liquid castile soap to remove my makeup and it cleans very well, then I put on all the various serums/moisturizers/retin a. sunshine, where do you get this? I love his bar soap for showering! I'm still just using superfine sugar to cleanse in the a.m., but use Principal Secret for p.m. because I love its action, and it removes eye makeup, as it does everything, thoroughly and without stripping. It's not a question of expense, but what you want and/or need in a cleanser and in a serum. I don't use any ... Continue Reading

Re: Camellia Oil, does anyone here use?

In Beauty Banter 1410963944.703

I have used it and liked it very much. (Don't use it now.) It is an oil high in oleic acid, on the order of: avacado, macademia, seabuckthorn, olive (to name a few). In comparison, argan is a more balanced oil between oleic and linoleic acids. Continue Reading

Re: WEN----Nick Chavez

In Beauty Banter 1410963549.583

I really like some of the ingredients that both uses, but unfortunately, I cannot use either. And I just have normal, though root colored, hair. I won't waste my time & effort trying new formulations from either. Continue Reading

Re: Blush Application

In Beauty Banter 1410963356.013

On 9/16/2014 suzyQ3 said: On 9/16/2014 Harpa said: On 9/15/2014 suzyQ3 said: Sherrie08, it is a good tip, but it might be age-specific. At some point, you might not want to apply blush lower than the apple of the cheek because age can hollow out that area and blush can drag it down when you want it to lift you up. I don't know that it's age specific, but it might be face shape specific, statement specific or even color specific. When I apply blush, I apply to the natural contours of my face, which seems to make the more attractive overall statement. For me, I don't rosy up my cheeks; I hollo... Continue Reading

Re: Blush Application

In Beauty Banter 1410904557.15

On 9/15/2014 suzyQ3 said: Sherrie08, it is a good tip, but it might be age-specific. At some point, you might not want to apply blush lower than the apple of the cheek because age can hollow out that area and blush can drag it down when you want it to lift you up. I don't know that it's age specific, but it might be face shape specific, statement specific or even color specific. When I apply blush, I apply to the natural contours of my face, which seems to make the more attractive overall statement. For me, I don't rosy up my cheeks; I hollow out my cheeks, (or in a sense, create a more pron... Continue Reading

Re: Retin-A, Vitamin C and what else?

In Beauty Banter 1410695573.023

Emollients. Are you serious about wanting to use 100 skin care products? Keep watching QVC, (or shopping TV), and they'll put you on the right track. :) Continue Reading

Re: Hey it's September - What's Cooking???

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1410624462.01

Scalloped potatoes for lunch. This really veers off my regular food, but it's lovely cool & dreary today, and they were so good! I didn't bother to layer (or peel). I just threw everything into a large bowl to combine: golden potato slices, chopped sweet onion (that was peeled), cream of celery rinsed out w/ sherry, melted butter & seasonings. Preheated my glass dish as the oven was preheating. Threw everything in the dish; doused w/ Half & Half & put a tin foil lid on top. 400 degrees - 1 hour. Continue Reading

Re: Best Skin Tightener??

In Beauty Banter 1410620178.833

On 9/13/2014 F1wild said: Harpa - I love tea, particularly iced green tea. I had no idea of the topical benefits of tea. How do you make your black tea solution, and what ratios? Do you buy a certain brand? When do you apply it, after cleansing? Do you notice any staining from the tea application? I'm a dental hygienist and volunteered at the local Chinese Cultural Center, doing cleanings. Tea stains teeth (the back or lingual side) worse than coffee. And it's a hard stain to remove. Your skincare routine sounds pretty interesting! You must share more with us. The reason I wanted to use topi... Continue Reading

Re: whats your favorite brand of lipstick?

In Beauty Banter 1410612797.77

Of the ones I've used for a long time, Bobbi Brown and I'm still loving Graftobian. Another that I like a lot is from Obsessive Compulsive. (Haven't had an Avon is years.) My all time favorite was Coty, but sadly has gone extinct. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 654
1 2 3 4 ...654Next