Back-in-Stock Fashions
32 Members and 12264 Guests Online

Harpa's Activity

Re: Eye puffiness gone! A possible culprit???

In Beauty Banter 1414622107.273

It's interesting how the Dermawand stimulated your skin enough to help w/ the eye puffiness. That's what it sounds like to me, anyway. There really is something to facial lymph massage, and eye lymph massage. When I apply eye serum & cream, I always press it in (after having smoothed the other treatment things on). You can look up an eye lymph massage on youtube. Usually you start at the inner corners/over the brows and press towards the outer corners. I agree with you that the eye area needs continuous moisture to ward off lines & creases which can come from dryness. You could try a... Continue Reading

Re: Does this mean I now have dry skin?

In Beauty Banter 1414621389.66

Hard to tell. How old are you? Can you wash your face with just a mild something (or even just water!) and forego using anything at all for a day? night? And then feel your skin to see how it's doing. There may be other mitigating contributors -- age, like I inferred, diet (are you getting enough EFAs?) cleanser (like okiebug suggested) & other exfoliation, environment (where you live or your home heat/air quality)... When I adopted the vitamin C & AHAs in the a.m./retinol (the lowest strength) in the p.m. and changed my moisturizer to aloe vera + drops of oil, also thrown in is a dr... Continue Reading

Re: How to PART your HAIR for maximum attractiveness

In Beauty Banter 1414413313.91

I really like this demonstration of the different effects that a simple part can achieve. I wish they hadn't suggested "adds four years," "subtracts five years," but to let our own eyes decide what looks more attractive. I'm not sure, though, that this provides a once-size-fits all; if we can adopt those as general rules...because it all has to do with your face shape & other facial features, length of hair, etc. That particular model has a bit of a low/average forehead, and that also plays into where the part might look less flattering. Continue Reading

Re: Question for those who know about Vitamin C skincare products

In Beauty Banter 1414412886.607

I should think that other ingredients have also been compromised. One bad apple can spoil the whole bunch theory. A formula is usually designed to be synergistic. Continue Reading

Re: How Did I Amass So Many Skincare Products

In Beauty Banter 1414412662.58

There are some really interesting & beneficial skin ingredients out there. I just take my cue from how I grocery shop... When I look for vegetables to serve with a meal, I don't get them all, but may choose one or two we like and that pairs well with the meal. If you look up the nutrient content of vegetables, many vegetables share the same nutrients and provides the food we thrive on. Continue Reading

Re: Momma wants a fruitcake this year, here is the BEST recipe !!! Just love it.

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1414340603.033

On 10/26/2014 Ms X said: I love fruitcake! I haven't been able to find it in the stores. Maybe I can find a good place on-line to get one this year. My grandmother used to make it at Christmas, and it was great! She wasn't a great cook, but the fruitcake was good. Ms X, the last (and first) fruitcake I got was from Collin Street Bakery. It was very, very good! I am really happy for this recipe, though! Collin Street Continue Reading

Re: Eyeliner Color

In Beauty Banter 1414336958.2

I'm brunette w/ brown eyes. The most flattering eye liner color for me is the Glitter Grey from Sephora. If I want to darken things up, I'll use a BB shadow as a liner, I first. I want definition & dimension, but not with any funky colors. Continue Reading

Re: Finally found something that worked for me

In Beauty Banter 1414336513.507

That really is a relatively short period of time for so dramatic changes, MissButtercup! You must be thrilled! I was reading that niacinamide is also a "well-tolerated" topical ingredient for those suffering from rosacea and acne. Continue Reading

Re: Momma wants a fruitcake this year, here is the BEST recipe !!! Just love it.

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1414325803.967

Thanks for sharing this recipe! This is one that I would definitely not modify (like cutting some of the sugar). I'm sure you could cut everything in half, though so it all fits in the Kitchen Aid. I think I would want to make that final transfer into smaller pans, too, since fruitcake is traditionally very rich, and you only need a bite. Continue Reading

Re: Overload !!!

In For the Home Talk 1414244646.993

On 10/24/2014 lunaloca said: On 10/24/2014 Dilemma Meringue said: I know! When so much is thrown out me, it actually has the opposite effect. I don't buy a thing. Agree... !!!!! I thought it was just me! :) Same with food/smorgasbord -- the more food that is offered, the less I want to eat! Even at Thanksgiving when there is so much to choose from...I'll eat the turkey & the mashed potatoes (as long as it's something I cooked!) There really is more beauty in simplicity! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 668
1 2 3 4 ...668Next