The Joy of Christmas
140 Members and 16652 Guests Online

Harpa's Activity

Re: OT/anyone ever use the Saint Anthony prayer to find things?

In Beauty Banter 1408576088.927

Have to give credit where credit is due, I guess....even though I am not a practicing catholic (but did go to catholic grade school) where we learned the prayer: "Dear St. Anthony, please come 'round; something's lost and can't be found." And every time I ever prayed that....I found whatever it was I was desperately searching! wiki: The reason St. Anthony's help is invoked for finding things lost or stolen is traced to an incident that occurred in Bologna. According to the story, Anthony had a book of psalms that was of some importance to him as it contained the notes and comments he had made... Continue Reading

Re: OT: bruised tail bone

In Beauty Banter 1408575714.27

So sorry for your accident! I don't have any experience as the others; I just wanted to mention about comfrey that I had read about years ago. It is also known as knitbone. I just always kept it in mind in case I ever broke anything. There are case studies you can read about on-line (I have some in books, including how it helped heal broken bones on horses). If I were treating a broken something, I would get the herb in gel form and simply massage as many times a day as I could. (I don't think this is an herb you can take internally; you would have to check that out.) But also praying for a s... Continue Reading

Re: Body TREATMENT for dimpled skin ( Yes I Exercise - Just wanting something for apperance)

In Beauty Banter 1408383113.263

Doesn't somebody offer body creams with retinol in them? I'm just wondering if that helps at all. Other than caffeine, I can't think of too much else. You could also try ivy extract (ivy is a known skin firmer). Continue Reading

Re: What did everyone purchase from Beauty Day?

In Beauty Banter 1408382904.1

I may have seen 30 seconds, which was enough for me to decide to pass on whatever they were offering that day. Continue Reading

Re: OT...I can't recommend this ENOUGH!!

In Beauty Banter 1408382437.027

Cody, I'm with you! Arnica is a staple at my house. The other week I either got a spider bite or I was roughhousing w/ my granddaughter! Somehow I had gotten a big red welt on my arm. One week of applying arnica and it is completely gone! For any bone fracture, I would recommend comfrey. No personal experience, but it is known for bone healing. Continue Reading

Re: Red Skin

In Beauty Banter 1408144446.693

On 8/15/2014 wackers said: Harpa - I can't answer your question as to the gentleness of this product but thought I'd mention that this use to happen to my oldest son when he was a baby. We finally figured out that the redness and inflammation occurred after ingesting certain foods. It occasionally surfaced on it's own but 95% of the time, it was food related. This little guy had these huge plump cheeks so it was really visible and on occasion, the inflammation got particularly bad around his mouth tho that was rare. I can't even remember now if we used anything topically (he's 40 now and ther... Continue Reading

Re: OT - Oil Warmer Oils

In Beauty Banter 1408144172.09

I don't know the prices, but my grocery, Wegman's carries essential oils. (I take it you want essential oils, not carrier.) If you get oils from a Health Food Store, chances are they are higher in price. Check Mountain Rose Herbs, and Garden of Wisdom Garden of Wisdom Continue Reading

Re: Benefits from using AHA and/or BHA toners daily?

In Beauty Banter 1408143503.897

Just to add to the mix: I do not use any toner, (well, rose water & glycerin, but it's not to tone...it is to hydrate & cushion before the acids) but use AH 12% Souffle every a.m., (after easing in w/ PC @ 8%) after my Devita vitamin C. I don't usually wait, before applying moisturizer, because truth to tell, I really don't have any particular skin issues. The daily sloughing is gentle and my skin stays vibrant and unlined. I don't know about the others, but I find BHA more drying than AHA. I generally do not use BHA any more, maybe occasionally. But I suppose it depends on the % of t... Continue Reading

Re: Red Skin

In Beauty Banter 1408128293.077

On 8/15/2014 Katluvr58 said: I understand not having money for a doctor. When I had a major flare up years ago the derm had me get Domeboro. It is a solution that you dissolve in water and apply with cotton pads to your face. He then had me apply cortisone cream but before I went that route I would get some Eucerin Calming Relief Lotion and apply that. It doesn't hurt to put a drop of argon or rho in with the cream. I use this recipe when I burn my skin from retin-a. Also the Domeboro is good for any kind of rash and bug bites. I always make sure I have some on hand and I've used it for over ... Continue Reading

Roots & Highlights

Last Reply by LipstickDiva 1408027902.833 | Started by Harpa in Beauty Banter

If I do roots, how soon afterward can I do highlights? TIA! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 647
1 2 3 4 ...647Next