Clarks on Easy Pay
31 Members and 17326 Guests Online

Harpa's Activity

Re: Skincare packaged in jars

In Beauty Banter 1425390334

On 3/3/2015 Sunshine Kate said: On 3/3/2015 Harpa said: Just something to think about... Look at Dr. Perricone's jars. We can find jars in every reputable doctors' lines. I just typed in "the best expensive skin care" and there was a list of 10. All 10 products were housed in jars. That's one of the reasons I don't buy "the best expensive skin care". It must be cheap to package in jars. No jars for me. :) Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1425389855.54

Just something to think about... Look at Dr. Perricone's jars. We can find jars in every reputable doctors' lines. I just typed in "the best expensive skin care" and there was a list of 10. All 10 products were housed in jars. Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1425388639.58

It's not about nothing. It's about marketing. (Not in all cases, and I am thinking specifically of vitamin A.) But it's to show us that they have the superior product because they have the superior packaging. Continue Reading

Re: It's the product, not the hosts

In Fashion Talk 1425388387.087

On 3/3/2015 circles said: On 3/3/2015 Cas said: Lisa had good taste and class, and I'm into timeless clothes<br /> like she wore.<br /> Trendy comes and goes, her style and grace lasts forever.. oh, yes.....those black jeans dragging on the ground for darn near every show were real "taste"...."class" and 'timeless".....get real... circles, that's exactly what I was thinking!! Only I was trying to be polite. (Guess I failed!) :) Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1425387141.633

On 3/2/2015 Crisso said: On 3/2/2015 Harpa said: There has to be a few different variables for any supposed breakdown. Many preparations contain preservatives of some kind, either natural or other. Can heat & light (and just how much of it) compromise what the preservative is meant to protect? When I was using one of my core products from a jar, I never felt that the product lost any of its integrity. However, since then, they switched to a tube. I can't say I like tubes, but I do feel the product may be protected more, even if in a minute way. Hi Harpa. My understanding is that preserva... Continue Reading

Re: Smudging Eye Liner--HELP!

In Beauty Banter 1425386281.51

I never found anything to be "bullet-proof" in the Mally line. She can demonstrate those rubs all she wants. I think it's the formula, plain and simple. Whatever skincare I use on my face, I also use all around my eyes, and then on top of that, I use eye serum and eye cream. (I don't have dry or oily skin.) But I never have a problem with Sephora waterproof eye liners. I don't use any other eye primers because I do not like them. Continue Reading

Re: How many layers can I put on my body ?

In Fashion Talk 1425385893.333

It's like having a bunch of junk in your closet, skewed all over. :) I don't care if women all over Europe are layering like mad! All I ever want (mostly because of the elements) is to protect myself with 2 tasteful layers. Once this cold is over, off something goes! Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1425341013.84

There has to be a few different variables for any supposed breakdown. Many preparations contain preservatives of some kind, either natural or other. Can heat & light (and just how much of it) compromise what the preservative is meant to protect? When I was using one of my core products from a jar, I never felt that the product lost any of its integrity. However, since then, they switched to a tube. I can't say I like tubes, but I do feel the product may be protected more, even if in a minute way. Continue Reading

Re: Thinking of changing WEN products to something else.

In WEN 1425339864.927

I never had frizz before WEN! I stopped using it after countless experiments with formulae, etc. over a 2-year period. I'm almost thinking the new seasonals are nice, but I don't like them offered only for a limited time. Also, when I do my hair I want to not have to use a fist full, and I want to cleanse once and condition once and boom! I'm done! (Love Chaz's styling things, though!) I have plain old normal hair, so not everything works consistently well for me, but I did like maybe 1 or 2 of the Suaves -- the ones with oil or Moroccan oil, and also I liked Tresemme things. These are hang... Continue Reading

Re: Tuna fish sandwiches for lunch with Chocolate Ice Cream Sundaes for dessert

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1425333130.53

Mmm - the tuna fish sandwiches! But I always thought you weren't supposed to mix any kind of fish with any kind of ice cream. Try a little curry in tuna salad. It is supposed to wake up the flavor of the tuna. :) Thanks for the tuna mention! Now I gotta go have some! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 689
1 2 3 4 ...689Next