TSV(R) Preview
73 Members and 14731 Guests Online

Harpa's Activity

Re: What's the secret to making a GREAT garden salad?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1413929903.147

We went to Seasons on Sunday. My DD walked away with 7 bottles of flavored balsamic vinegars and an EVOO. I only purchased 2. But any of those fabulous balsamic vinegars or infused olive oils would dress up whatever you threw in the salad bowl! seasons Continue Reading

Re: Two BIG complaints about small stuff in lot of new cookbooks

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1413929506.157

Legitimate complaints, Sooner! It's been a long time since I've gotten a cookbook! I used to have quite a collection, but donated a lot of them. Most of the recipes I use are handwritten anyway, within the pages of my cookbooks! I hardly ever watch the cooking shows anymore. But if I needed something, there's way too much info on-line, and that is easy to research. Continue Reading

Re: WHY WHY WHY don't you put the Perricone on the face of someone

In Beauty Banter 1413925341.653

On 10/21/2014 ChynnaBlue said: On 10/21/2014 ROMARY said: I agree........some creams need to be patted on, others rubbed on upward, etc. I'm thinking in the under eye area, eye creams should probably be patted on, to prevent stretching of the very delicate skin. At least that's what we were told to do a hundred years ago. (lol) I actually think most of that "this cream needs rubbing, this needs patting, apply this upward, massage in circular motions" stuff is hogwash. The cream doesn't know how you're applying it. Be gentle, don't tug or pull, if you're going to rub, go against gravity, not ... Continue Reading

Re: Asked My Neuro Today What I Could Do for My Aging Brain

In Health & Fitness 1413923905.59

I don't know why more don't recommend playing a musical instrument, especially in ensemble. Diet, exercise, music (in the form of playing) & reading (spiritual exercise too!) -- all are a must in my book! I have often wanted to form ensembles in nursing homes with melodic & percussion Orff instruments. I am definitely going to pursue this in my next life chapter. Continue Reading

Re: Using Up My Creams & Serums!!!!!

In Beauty Banter 1413892874.53

BTDT a couple years ago, so right now I don't have to use anything up. Just my daily things, which are so simple, really, yet the most effective for me. I still have a couple of ingredients on the back burner, but I am not enticed in the least by the latest & greatest -- gadget or cream/serum. Continue Reading

Re: Profector pro brush, yea or nay

In Beauty Banter 1413892609.113

I've looked at this because a friend has one and loves it. But it does seem hard to handle. I'd be there all morning trying to make a curl. I'm happy using the Chi for touchups, (I don't have to stand there & hold it, and I'm not tugging my hair through the teeth of the brush) and nothing beats Caruso steam setter for zero damage & quick results. Continue Reading

Re: Need Rec- MOIST Cake from Scratch Recipes

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1413821697.97

goldenretriever, I've been meaning to post this. If any recipe is forgiving, it is this one! The cake is light & moist. I always do a buttercream frosting. Oh, instead of cake, I primarily use this for cupcakes. Makes at least 2 dozen or more, filled pretty high. They really puff up nicely. Easy Chocolate Cake 2 C sugar (1 3/4 works well, too) 2 C flour (sifted or not) ½ C cocoa 2 tsp. baking soda 1 tsp. baking powder 1 C milk 1 C salad oil (3/4 C works better) 1 C boiling coffee 2 eggs (3 if small) 350 degrees ************* That's the original recipe. I always add flavoring:... Continue Reading

Re: How many eyeshadows do you all NEED ?

In Beauty Banter 1413669063.537

On 10/18/2014 brii said: I have brown eyes. I wear purples, grays, golds, peaches, tans and Browns, and even some greens. I like mixing it up. That's the problem with brown eyes; we look good in lots of colors! :) I really only want/need 2 or 3, which I already have. But I did like the colors in the It palette. Ordered it, then cancelled, but still thinking about it. Continue Reading

It Matte Eye Shadow Palette

Last Reply by Butterfly12 1413817654.877 | Started by Harpa in Beauty Banter

How are these shadows? Does anyone know if snail is in the ingredients? Can anyone compare to BB? I just wish they would choose colors on the model, Mary, that wouldn't pronounce her already sunken eye lids. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 667
1 2 3 4 ...667Next