Live Spring Style
125 Members and 18560 Guests Online

NorskyGal's Activity

Re: Amazon Echo

In Electronics Talk 1427035649.923

This may have been covered in these 18 pages of posts, but how is the Echo different from a Smartphone where you can easily check the weather, ask Siri a question (iPhone), have an app for a radio station or your music, etc.? Continue Reading

Re: Has anyone ever gotten rid of their wedding china?

In For the Home Talk 1423741326.797

Thank you to everyone who responded to my post! To answer a couple of your questions: *Wedding china is china one registers for when one gets married. People buy either place settings or pieces of it to give to the couple as wedding gifts. *I don't have any kids to give my china to. My nieces are already married and are not into china. They're into more practical dishes. The comment about turning a plate into a clock is a very interesting one and if I do get rid of my china, I will consider keeping a plate to do that. Ultimately, I'm not sure what I'm going to do but the input is very helpful... Continue Reading

Has anyone ever gotten rid of their wedding china?

Last Reply by mominohio 1424189435.077 | Started by NorskyGal in For the Home Talk

Over the last 25 years my hubby & I have hardly ever used our wedding china. Over the last 15 years I've not used it at all. We don't entertain (I have health issues) and when we do it's NEVER anything formal. Since it's taking up space I've been considering getting rid of it, but don't know the best way to do it. It's Noritake's Ontario pattern, so it's not bone china but it is still nice. And it's too nice to use every day. Has anyone else ever done this? If so, how'd you do it? (What did you do with the dishes?) It'd be nice to get some $$ for it. I don't need the space that badly so I... Continue Reading

Re: Purging My Stuff!

In For the Home Talk 1423675400.857

Well, I don't understand what happened but several days ago I posted a big THANK YOU to everyone on this thread who replied to me. It seems to have disappeared. Weird. Anyway, to summarize, I want to thank everyone who replied to me. It is MUCH appreciated and I am now very encouraged to donate my things. I am going to look for charity-based thrift stores, etc. Years ago I was also collecting scrapbooking supplies with big ideas in mind for what I was going to do with them. Alas, I never did anything and it was killing me to just give these away, since it is a nice line that I collected. Howe... Continue Reading

Purging My Stuff!

Last Reply by HiLo 1427574155.437 | Started by NorskyGal in For the Home Talk

I have been taking stuff I don't want/need anymore out of my closets, drawers, etc. and then storing them in boxes until I can sell the stuff on eBay & Etsy. But now that everything's been sitting here for a few years I realize I'm probably never going to list them online. So I've kind of resigned myself to the thought of donating. I just really want my space back. I've donated plenty of stuff before but not stuff that is practically unused, is of a higher value, etc. What I picture is this: someone will buy my stuff at the thrift store & then sell it on eBay and make the $$ I envisio... Continue Reading

Re: Cooking Shows: Use of Enamel vs Non-stick Pots & Pans

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1421090629.043

Thanks to the people who replied to my post and gave me some insight into pots & pans! Continue Reading

Cooking Shows: Use of Enamel vs Non-stick Pots & Pans

Last Reply by NorskyGal 1421090628.493 | Started by NorskyGal in Kitchen & Food Talk

I'm watching Kelsey's Essentials on the Cooking Channel and she's making a chicken dish. To brown the chicken and flavor the vegetables she used what looks to be an enamel pan. (Sorry..I'm not sure. I just don't know my cookware well enough to be sure.) Then on another dish where she had to brown some pancetta she used a "non-stick skillet" (teflon coated). My life-changing question (LOL) is why did she use an enamel pot for the chicken & a non-stick for the pancetta? Is it because she placed the chicken & veggies in the oven using the enamel pot and you can't put a non-stick skillet ... Continue Reading

Re: Newbie Crafter Needs Help: Does anyone know of a plain 5" x 7" die?

In Scrapbooking 1420836541.46

On 1/6/2015 ChihuahuasForever said: YES! Spellbinders has a set of plain rectangle dies that contain several sizes. They are mostly used for making cards which was why I bought them. The 5X7 is the largest in the set. Thank you for the reply; however, the Spellbinders dies are CLOSE to being 5"x7" but not quite. In Set A, the biggest die is 4-7/8" x 6-7/8". And in Set B the biggest die is 4-5/8" x 6-5/8". Continue Reading

Re: Making a 6x6 card using Anna Griffin cardstock--Need simple steps

In Scrapbooking 1420345671.437

Okay..no other replies are needed for my original post. I found a way to make easel cards on Youtube and with an easel card I can use my 6x6 AG cardstock. And if I want to make a 'regular' card I found out I would do it the way I kind of figured it would be done (how I described in my original post). Continue Reading

Re: Making a 6x6 card using Anna Griffin cardstock--Need simple steps

In Scrapbooking 1420324325.467

I see my post here has had a lot of views but no replies. Can anyone provide an answer?? Continue Reading

Page 1 of 38
1 2 3 4 ...38Next