Meant for Mom(SM)
149 Members and 12496 Guests Online

NorskyGal's Activity

Re: Need a good lip balm for lips. Any suggestions??

In Beauty Banter 1398035863.16

Neutrogena Lip Balm does it for me and I live in the Northern Plains where we have such harsh winters! Also, all other lip balms give me canker sores; whereas Neutrogena's Lip Balm does not, and I'm not sure why that is. I also don't feel like I need to keep re-applying it like I do when using a brand like Chapstick. Continue Reading

Re: Pain Management

In Health & Fitness 1398032477.967

I don't want to scare you, but my dad had pain in his legs in the months/year leading up to his heart attack. He went to his doctor several times complaining of this problem and not once did the doc catch on that this is a symptom of a heart problem. (Which, of course, my dad later found out!) Please have your heart checked. Continue Reading

Re: What beauty item/line do YOU stockpile.....?

In Beauty Banter 1398031860.62

I love the Perlier talcs and Perlier's Pink Peony fragrance in anything (body lotion, hand lotion, talc, shower gel, etc)! Continue Reading

Re: Cheapest place to buy moving boxes and supplies?

In For the Home Talk 1398018358.57

On 4/20/2014 4OU2 said: The movers in my small town charge big bucks for boxes. Of course, boxes that businesses get their copier paper in are the very best if you have access to that. I second this. I worked at a software company that had its own LARGE copying department. I got tons of paper boxes from that department when we moved. Those boxes are THE best. If there's any kind of copy store in your town or anywhere you can think of that goes thru lots of printer paper, check there! Continue Reading

Has Anyone Ever had a Fiberglass Tub & Surround Painted?

Last Reply by momtodogs 1398120208.393 | Started by NorskyGal in For the Home Talk

Has anyone ever had a fiberglass tub & surround painted? How does it look afterwards? I have a golden yellow tub & surround that I would like painted off-white, but I'm worried it will look "painted" when it's done. I plan on hiring someone to do it, unless it's so easy that it would be a DIY project. Continue Reading

Re: Anyone Have Surgery for Nasal Polyps?

In Health & Fitness 1396375181.543

I had surgery for this 1-1/2 yrs ago. Find an ENT that you trust. I got a referral from my sis-in-law who had the same surgery. I was having to practically stand upside down while blowing my nose to get anything out. And I was sniffing all the freaking time. (What an annoyance to people around me!) The surgery itself is not bad. He'll get antibiotics and a pain med. Regarding the packing, I had nose tampons (ha ha!) and I won't lie--the packing was painful because of how large it was--lots of pressure. But the pain meds help greatly. When taking out the packing, be sure to spray lots of salin... Continue Reading

Re: Maintaining a Natural Look While Aging -- Shirley Jones

In Beauty Banter 1396374195.767

To me, Shirley Jones is ageless. She hardly seems to have aged throughout the years. She's gorgeous. Continue Reading

Re: Original Well Rested vs Well Rested Eye Brightener?

In bareMinerals 1396373567.653

Thank you, LovemyBE! I thought this was maybe the case but didn't know for sure. Continue Reading

Re: Can someone please help me with Liner Shadow colors ?

In bareMinerals 1396039840.56

On 3/28/2014 LovemyBE said: I am seeing color descriptions on bareescentuals.com. Don't forget to check the eye shadow shades too, not just the liners. For example, Passionate Plum eye shadow is a deep matte plum which sounds like the perfect liner. If its not dark enough you can apply it wet. The eye shadows have descriptions & tell you the texture too (matte, shimmer, sheen, etc..). Now I see them. If I don't click on the option to view all the colors, then I can see the descriptions. Thanks! And thanks for the hint about Passionate Plum! Continue Reading

Re: Can someone please help me with Liner Shadow colors ?

In bareMinerals 1396030103.32

On 3/28/2014 Happy Elizabeth said: Sometimes eBay will have the best pictures. I often browse there for different photos of products I want to try, even if I don't actually purchase on eBay. You're right. I had totally forgotten about that. Maybe someone will have an older color that I'm running out of, too. (Green Tea comes to mind!) Maybe someone can recommend a good plum color that is older & not readily available anymore. And maybe I'll be able to find it on eBay. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 30
1 2 3 4 ...30Next