94 Members and 18557 Guests Online

Sunshine Kate's Activity

Re: Sales up in nude pantyhose category. Do you wear or go bare?

In Fashion Talk 1432390093.34

I have never liked or worn the bare legged look. I'm so used to dressing up and so used to good quality panty hose I don't realize I'm wearing hose. I don't like the bare legged look when ladies are dressed up either. I don't care if they are young or old, it just doesn't look good, IMO. Not wearing stockings just doesn't give a polished look. Continue Reading

Re: Urban Decay Naked Skin Powder Foundation -- First Impressions

In Beauty Banter 1432389897.62

I use Urban Decay's Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup and love it. I'm just about due for another bottle, but after your review I think I'll try the powder one. Thanks for the review. Continue Reading

Re: Interesting-Q brands my consignment shop will not accept

In Fashion Talk 1432389398.917

On 5/23/2015 moonstone dunes said: No longer bother with consignment shops. Appointments must be made to bring in items, they pick through everything. They said they can't sell things from Kohls, Marshalls, Penneys because people can buy new for a few dollars more. They are too independent and a few shops folded up overnight and kept the inventory. There is a deep discounter in my area that sells unworn, with tags past season Quacker, D&C, Coldwater Creek and Merona and Sonoma clothes for $5 to $10. I agree, a lot of restrictions and not worth my time. Years ago some of my better things... Continue Reading

Re: Anyone have faux-wood linoleum in their home?

In For the Home Talk 1432388936.577

Colonel Meow, I know you're asking about linoleum, but have you seen faux wood 18" tile? It comes in different colors and looks really good, IMO. It is also much more durable than linoleum. Just a thought, and good luck in your decision. Continue Reading

Re: Are Sperry shoes comfy?

In All About Shoes 1432348931.31

On 5/22/2015 Vamp said: Sunshine Kate, I have noticed the same thing with shoes I have worn for decades, most notably my beloved Chuck Taylors, which I have kicked around in since the early eighties. They are so comfortable! The last pair I bought (same size/style I have worn all along) rubbed my foot terribly. I came very close to getting a blister. Fortunately, they fit my son just fine, so he got a pair of shoes out of it. I am due for a new pair but am almost afraid to buy them. Maybe it's not the shoe? Maybe my feet have morphed and spread over the years like my hips No, it's the shoe!... Continue Reading

Re: Best. Candle. Ever.

In Candles 1432254152.217

I haven't heard of that brand of candles. Several years ago I gave up candle burning in my home because of the soot or just not having a good scent throw. I now use Scentsy and just love them and they are so clean "burning". I don't think I'll ever go back to the hazards of burning candles with a flame. Glad you enjoy your new brand of candles though. Continue Reading

Re: Are Sperry shoes comfy?

In All About Shoes 1432253529.203

On 5/21/2015 Vamp said: On 4/12/2015 divine said: I had the Sperry Topsider boat shoes in the 80's that I never wore because they hurt my feet. I don't know if it was just me, or these particular shoes. But, I ended up donating them and they were never worn. It looks like this boat shoe (Topsider) is back in style, again. They're not for me, though. They are a classic. I had Top Siders that I wore in the 80s for my restaurant job. As you can imagine, I spent hours on my feet and they were plenty comfortable, not to mention they are deck shoes, so they handle slippery floors pretty well. That... Continue Reading

Re: Clothing running large lately.

In Fashion Talk 1432253247.75

On 5/21/2015 Clover29 said: "Lately"? QVC has done vanity sizing for as long as I've been shopping here. Quacker and Susan Graver run at least two sizes bigger than B&M stores. I agree. On the other hand, I think land stores' clothing runs small. A large is equivalent to a medium, at most. IMO. Continue Reading

Re: How beautiful…D&B Saffiano Crossbody Bag!

In Dooney & Bourke 1432252989.697

Cute bag and I love D & B, but I really enjoy my large handbags. Enjoy! Continue Reading

Re: Question for posters who follow LR on Facebook

In Beauty Banter 1432252710.35

On 5/21/2015 Danielle46 said: On 5/17/2015 Greenhouse said: Don't think he was ever her boyfriend...but, who cares.....she really could stand doing some community service or something worthwhile with her life... I totally agree with you. I often wondered about that. We hear about clothing, vacations, family etc but she never ever talks about Community Service. It crossed my mind for many years why we never hear her talk about giving back to people less fortunate or children. I don't think so either. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 806
1 2 3 4 ...806Next