Beauty Offers Ending
231 Members and 23939 Guests Online

Lavenderjunkie's Activity

Re: Keeping white handbag clean?

In All About Handbags 1427649672.137

White patent will pick up color transfer. Dirt can be removed, but dye or ink cannot be removed without ruining the patent finish. Continue Reading

Re: Question for Watch Lovers

In Jewelry Talk 1427640546.48

violann: the answer to your question is... it depends. If he is willing to open up the watch and figure out what the problem is, he may be able to fix it without additional parts. Maybe it just needs cleaning and lubrication. Or maybe something needs to be replaced. I'm guessing it's a mechanical or automatic watch, not a quartz/battery watch. The jewelry might charge to you figure out what the problem is, even if he can't fix it. Or he may not even be willing to try. Continue Reading

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS.......March 2015

In Jewelry Talk 1427640287.473

becky: so frustrating. Sorry I don't know what watch. You could try google or the Gevril site (if they have one) and see if you can find the watch. kzeks: welcome to the watch collectors thread. My Dad had trouble with a Rolex because he wasn't active enough to keep the automatic movement running properly. A watchmaker suggested he wind the watch before putting it on to give the movement a kick-start. It seemed to work. So, after you unscrew the crown, when it pops out, but before pulling the crown out to set the time and date, turn the crown clockwise about 20 rotations, but be sure... Continue Reading

Re: Please give me a clue on Dooney shopping ..

In Dooney & Bourke 1427639802.143

Different things are important to different people and different stores/online sources offer different advantages/disadvantages. QVC offers easy pay, which is important to some people. Also QVC often has a larger selection of colors and sometimes unique styles or configurations. Seeing a presentation makes it much easier to shop if you haven't seen the item in person. And of course, you see it, you love it, and you buy it. Also QVC customer service is very good and the return process is easy. Other stores or online sources offer better prices... sometimes up to half off, if you are lu... Continue Reading

In Jewelry Talk 1427576510.18

Jena: you are so right. I'd really be tempted by white ceramic. White poly....not so much. aubnwa: enjoy your new watch. Glad it's a winner. Can you post the item # so I can check it out. Thanks. Continue Reading

In Jewelry Talk 1427571534.75

3 hours of watches tonight, Sat, starting at 6pm EDT. I'm thinking the Lady Zeus on the white poly strap will be a once only. Just a guess. Continue Reading

In All About Handbags 1427565541.68

Saffiano might be a great idea for a white handbag. I don't think Mr. Clean magic eraser is a good idea... it might take the color off. Continue Reading

In All About Handbags 1427495488.417

White handbags get dirty. Feet or no feet, white handbags pick up soil from handling and color from clothings. For white, I prefer a pebbled leather that can be cleaned with soap and water. It's not a perfect solution, but it helps keep the handbag looking fresh if you clean it every time you use it, so that the dirt doesn't build up. Continue Reading

In Jewelry Talk 1427495233.373

aprimo: your watches look great. Enjoy wearing them. maggiemae: good luck with the batteries. Hopefully that resolves all the problems. equss: I think there is a top value next week with a Baby Lupah on a bracelet. I find the Baby Lupah on the bracelet much more comfortable than on a strap. As I remember, they are stainless steel cases and bracelets, with choice of dials... black mop, champagne mop, and white mop. Continue Reading

In Jewelry Talk 1427377695.5

Jena: It's frustrating and disappointing. But it doesn't surprise me. When a company is sold, generally the transition is anything but smooth. I'm just happy that they are still seem to be honoring the old warranties, despite the hassle. Maintenance of my watch collection has become a full time job, it seems. Every week it's either a battery or a sizing or resizing. Now I'm in the process of having some of my watches resized as I'm wearing them higher on the wrist. It's seems I just got finished having them sized and now it's time to do it all over again. Enjoy your green JR Monaco.... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1131
1 2 3 4 ...1131Next