Fashion Special Offers
17 Members and 12135 Guests Online

lavenderjunkie's Activity

Re: Question--Watch Overhaul

In Jewelry Talk 1406844705.8

Watches sometimes need service... whether they are quartz (battery) or mechanical/automatic. A better quartz movement can be serviced as the parts in it are repairable. Even in a quartz movement parts rub against each other and lubricants and seals dry up. Cheaper quartz movements can't be serviced and can only be replaced by a new movement. So, the fact that the jeweler wants to service a good quartz movement to get it running again is quite normal. As for price, I don't think $200 is out of the norm. You are dealing with very specialized labor and it's not cheap. You might find... Continue Reading

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS. . . JULY 2014

In Jewelry Talk 1406750892.953

Thanks equss. Aprimo: did your watch arrive yet? Continue Reading

In Jewelry Talk 1406742371.713

My orange dial PD has arrived and it's a neat looking watch. Dial is a beautiful color and 38mm size is just right. Can't wait to have it sized. Continue Reading

Re: Saw the dooney samba today @ Macys

In Dooney & Bourke 1406552920.997

Like the satchel... the style and the leather. Don't like the lock... for it's look or it's weight. Guess I won't be buying any of the Samba collection. one more temptation out of the way. Same thing happened with the quilted collection.... hated the hearts, so I wasn't tempted to buy any of that collection. Good thing there are more than enough other choices in handbags... my closet runneth over. Continue Reading

Re: Dooney Tessuta

In Dooney & Bourke 1406503434.023

Bag is 13x6x11 (approx.) and almost $500. Don't know how the woven will wear over time, but it looks good. I only saw the navy and the caramel colors. Would love to see the multicolor. Don't think I'll buy it.... unless I catch a too good to pass up deal at an outlet some day. Continue Reading

In Jewelry Talk 1406503024.663

aprimo and jena: you are doing a good thing, adopting rescue animals. equss: I didn't see the watch. I'll go look. ETA: couldn't find the once only. Continue Reading

Dooney Tessuta

Last Reply by stevieb 1406512064.163 | Started by lavenderjunkie in Dooney & Bourke

I saw the Tessuta woven tote in person yesterday. Really good looking and substantial. I prefer a zipper top or at least a magnetic top and a large center zip pocket in my totes. Hopefully I will be able to resist the Tessuta. Continue Reading

In Jewelry Talk 1406474360.407

Jena: 2 blingy Renatos with orange dial or strap. I have the orange dial, white strap one. But I 'needed' an everyday orange dial watch to go with my new handbag. The bag is the Dooney Chelsea tote... much too casual to wear with the blingy Renato (which I love). It's easy to justify purchasing a new watch, or new handbag. It's all for the good of the economy. Continue Reading

In Jewelry Talk 1406419767.95

aprimo: enjoy the watch. Great buy. I bought an orange handbag today... guess I need that watch too. ETA: I bought one too. For that price, how could I resist. Thanks for reminding me there are other sources with better prices. Continue Reading

In Jewelry Talk 1406419652.32

Jena: I saw that lady Zeus this morning. But I was very disappointed.... Swiss Parts movement!!!! Call me a snob, but I'm not paying over $300 for a watch with that kind of movement. Maybe someday I'll find the JT Lady Zeus in SS at a reasonable price. At least the JT has a Swiss movement. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1052
1 2 3 4 ...1052Next