Meant for Mom
79 Members and 15503 Guests Online

terric's Activity

Re: Jill Bauer

In Jewelry Talk 1375651509.47

I suspect we could find fault with every one of the QVC hosts—not a Walter Cronkite or a Peter Jennings among them. However, they are “show” hosts, and, of all of them, Jill Bauer delivers the information we need to make decisions about our purchases. She doesn’t “gush” or “fawn” over the vendors; she rarely engages in double hyperbole; she understands the English language and speaks articulately and intelligently on her feet. Is her voice a bit nasal? Yes. Does she speak a bit too fast? Yes. Can the intonation be annoying? Yes. Do I tr... Continue Reading

Re: Devastation in Yarnell Az

In Fashion Talk 1372715095.753

Heartsick over this devastation. Our condolences to the families and our thanks to the courageous people who put their lives on the line for the benefit of others. Continue Reading

Re: Photos from Vicenza - Behind the Scenes with Lisa and the QVC Team!

In Fashion Talk, Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities 1372714696.36

Thanks for taking us behind the scenes! Appreciate all that you and QVC do to make something special for us. Always enjoy the shows and the glamour! Continue Reading

Re: JAI by John Hardy

In Jewelry Talk 1372270431.643

I love this line, too. The pieces are beautifully designed, and the silver is substantial and lustrous. Already own 5 pieces, and, after watching Jill and Scott last night, ordered 3 more! Some of the patterns do appear to be recycled from Angela by John Hardy—at least two virtually duplicate pieces I have from the earlier line. But it’s the new looks that, for me, are just so stunning and seem have a contemporary, and even an urban, edge to the traditional artisan patterns. I agree the prices are high. That’s why I limit myself to the OTO (when available) or a featu... Continue Reading

Re: Gold Rush TSV Byzatine Bracelet

In Jewelry Talk 1360537941.133

I am also on advanced order for the 14k gold byzantine bracelet. But just for comparison, I looked at the technibond (14k over sterling) byzantines sold on HSN and purchased the 10mm which is 7/16" wide. It's beautiful and substantial. I won't know until my TSV arrives how well my technibond will measure up (color, weight, etc.). But right now, alone or paired with other 14K bracelets, the technibond cannot be distinguished. I wear it often, and though I don't know what jewelers would have to say about durability, this byzantine holds up very well. The TSV is going to have to be a "knock... Continue Reading

Re: PIA cuff TSV as an OTO--a rude awakening!

In Judith Ripka 1355453811.113

Most of us understand tQVC's pricing policies and recognize that even a TSV may eventually go on "Clearance." My Judith Ripka charm bracelet and Monaco rings--as well as a number of my previous jewelry purchases--are now clearance items at a substantially lower price. So be it. But when a TSV is considered "sold out" to allow for one or two OTOs in the later shows, one does not expect the sold out TSV to reappear as an OTO 9 months later. This is not an issue of a disgruntled shopper or an attack on Ms. Ripka. It is an issue, at best, of a lack of consideration for the number of QVC shop... Continue Reading

In Judith Ripka 1355448875.477

Just fired an e-mail to CS questioning the decision to offer a TSV as an OTO at $100 less than the TSV price and with free S&H! Suggested they come up with something to address the lack of consideration for those of us who trust the TSV to be what it claims--a special value! Continue Reading

In Judith Ripka 1355446411.853

It's more than an upsetting marketing strategy. I can't understand how QVC couldn't anticipate the backlash! I will also be complaining to corporate. Continue Reading

PIA cuff TSV as an OTO--a rude awakening!

Last Reply by Debbie1426 1355955239.553 | Started by terric in Judith Ripka

What is the point of rushing in to take advantage of a TSV when it shows up nine months later as an OTO? Honestly, I'm shocked! I feel taken in as well. I bought this cuff as a TSV thinking it would save me money only to realize that I paid $100 more than I might have if I had waited. Why, when there are so many items in the Ripka inventory, would the powers that be make a move like this? I'm disheartened! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 4 ...6Next