Back to School
92 Members and 10310 Guests Online

doglover3's Activity

Re: EASY SCONES

In Recipe Swap 1405931618.25

This was also posted on the old QVC BB, unfortunately I don't know who did. I've made these a number of times, they are very light and delicious. Lainey Fruit & Cream Scones was posted by autumnleaf several years ago and are both a favorite of mine as well. I also copied yours DiAnne since I love scones, thanks Fruit & Cream Scones 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 tablespoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 cup granulated sugar 3/4 cup dried fruit (currants or cranberries) 1-1/4 cups heavy cream Glaze: 3 tablespoons butter, melted 2 tablespoons granulated sugar 1. Preheat oven to 42... Continue Reading

Re: Re: Custardy Bread Pudding Recipe Posted

In Recipe Swap 1405931124.22

On 7/19/2014 Lynneuk said: On 7/19/2014 doglover3 said: Lynne, will have to try this with the marmalade and chips. This was the one my gram used all the time and must be well over 100 years old and much more since my dad passed away at 98 and that was 3 years ago. I have no idea where she got it but is what she always used than my mom and now me. thank you for the different version I tried the marmalade/chocolate version today and it didn't taste as good as I thought it would :( Stick to the tried and true original doglover! thanks, will let it go and make my regular we love and know it goo... Continue Reading

Re: Need penetrating moisturizer

In Beauty Banter 1405928914.95

On 7/20/2014 pommom said: I've used OOO Regenerist off and on for years. I'll try something else and come back to it. However, as of late, it's not working. I don't want a moisturizer that sits on my skin. I need it to penetrate and live a nice soft feel - not sticky. I'm 67 years old, have combination skin that turns oily if the moisturizer is too heavy. I tried Skinn, but I think this line is for women with dry skin so had to send everything back. I exfoliate 2-3 times a week and use Vanicream to cleanse my face. It is very gentle and doesn't contain chemicals. Of course, I'd like to keep i... Continue Reading

Re: Happy July, Scents and Common Sense Thread

In Beauty Banter 1405927941.717

Desi, took a chance and just ordered the set of 2, will see how it is now. I ordered light after watching the presentations(on the video) and Jackie G said she is a fair in this and I am just a tad darker than her so ordreed the light. They also have a medium light plus a regular medium (unusual huh) but thinking light will be okay. we do have a lot of open land yet, not in town but not far out either. We have one large park that you can walk dogs on leashes, ride bikes in the bike paths or walk plus lots of grass. They have a water fountain just as you leave the parking area to go into the... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1405854942.06

Desi, our dog parks are just dog parks, nothing else in them other than large fenced in areas divided into sections for the sizes of the dogs. Each has buckets for waste and a hand water pump and hose plus a fence and gate. The closest one is in the back lot from one of the city's municipal swimming pools and ice skating rink. It is just for dogs though, nothing else in those fenced in areas. we had a quick shower, didn't amount to anything but better than nothing and I don't have to water my plants now. It is suppose to rain hard on Thursday so, this shower should hold my plants till then, ... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1405830828.18

Desi, we are getting a few showers, very light, not amounting to anything and not getting anything wet under trees or bushes but helps. I was impressed by the presentation on the video and $65 for 2 is better than $45 for 1 huh. they should all be leashed I think, is a law here and they enforce it other than in the dog parks which are fenced in and divided into sections for the size of the dogs. No one goes in unless they have dogs since this is strictly a doggy area that is fenced in even though it is quite large in both areas. There are several around but I have only seen the on... Continue Reading

Re: Should I be feeding a feral cat???

In Pet Lovers 1405830505.317

I ordered both my heated water bowl and the tender trap cat trap from Walmart, both were shipped right to the house. I have had the heated water bowl for, will be my third winter coming up. I paid either $15 or $19 but am sure it was $15, is blue and I leave it plugged in all winter once the water freezes. It only works when you need it so won't use a whole lot of electricity. I do put it away once the spring/summer gets here and no chance of a frost/freeze which for here is May 15 th or sometimes a bit later. that is why I got my own trap, had to keep returning and borrowing again every ... Continue Reading

Re: Re: Custardy Bread Pudding Recipe Posted

In Recipe Swap 1405764107.757

Lynne, will have to try this with the marmalade and chips. This was the one my gram used all the time and must be well over 100 years old and much more since my dad passed away at 98 and that was 3 years ago. I have no idea where she got it but is what she always used than my mom and now me. thank you for the different version Continue Reading

Re: Should I be feeding a feral cat???

In Pet Lovers 1405762411.437

On 7/17/2014 Indy-Blonde2 said: Please don't give the kittens our kind of milk. Their tummies can't handle lactose. Kittens can come into heat at 4 months of age. My last 2 did and my vet wanted to fix them at 6 months. Abby was in heat when she was spayed. If you try and grab the kittens, momma cat will show up and she won't be happy. Besides, the momma will continuously move them around to protect them from predators. You also don't know if there are more than 2 kittens. our vet told me the same thing. Cats love the milk and will drink it but their stomachs will get queasy feeling and you ... Continue Reading

Re: Our Pluggy went to the bridge this morning...

In Pet Lovers 1405761509.387

I too am very sorry for your loss Anna. It is one of the saddest things we animals lovers have to go through and no matter how many we have or had it never gets any easier. People have told me, why all this fuss when you still have other at home. I say to them, you have 3 children, how would you like for someone to say that to you, you still have 2 more at home. I know most don't think of this in the same way but we consider our dogs our fur kids and love them as we do the rest of our family. My heart goes out to you and Libby on the loss of your beloved Pluggy. Please take care. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 717
1 2 3 4 ...717Next