Better Than Black Friday
115 Members and 11941 Guests Online

doglover3's Activity

Re: looking 4 a wonderful easy recipe for coffee cake

In Recipe Swap 1416996502.95

sorry for the caps but is the way I have it on my computer to send to a friend that needs it like this. FUNNY CAKE( MY Grams, way over 100 years old) 2 LG CAKES 2=10" GLASS PYREX PIE PLATES 3/4 C BUTTER ROOM TEMP 3 EGGS 3 SUGAR 3 FLOUR 1/2 TSP SALT 3 TSP BAKING PWD 1 1/2 C MILK 1 TBSP VANILLA CREAM BUTTER AND SUGAR AND ADD EGGS ONE AT A TIME. ADD DRY INGREDIENTS ALTERNATELY WITH MILK TILL SMOOTH. ADD VANILLA LAST. PLACE TWO PREPARED, RAW, NOT BAKED ( I USE PILLSBURY REFRIGERATED ONES) PIE SHELLS IN THE 2 -10'' GLASS DEEP PYREX PIE PLATES AND POUR HERSHEY'S CHOCOLATE SYRUP TO JUST COVER... Continue Reading

Re: Fudge! I need help please.

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1416995550.88

Quick & Easy Fudge by Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips 1-14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk Line an 8 inch square pan with foil. Spray foil with a cooking spray. In medium saucepan over low heat combine chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Stirring constantly until it’s all melted and smooth. Pour mixture into the prepared pan and spread to even out the surface. You can sprinkle nuts, coconut, crushed peppermint candies etc on the top if you wish before it sets. Refrigerate for a good 2 hours. Lift the foil out of the pan and peel it off... Continue Reading

Re: Fudge! I need help please.

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1416995428.637

E-Z Fudge by MaryBeth Roe 1 Can sweetened Condensed Milk 12 oz. Chocolate Chips 12 oz. Butterscotch Chips 1 Cup Miniature Marshmallows 1/2 Teaspoon salt 3/4 Cup Chopped Nuts 1-1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Melt the chips with the sweetened condensed milk. Stir in the vanilla, salt and nuts. Add the marshmallows than stir again. Pour into greased pans(either two 8 X 8 pans OR one 9 X 13 pan) Chill and set than cut. 2 INGREDIENT FUDGE (GOTTA TRY THIS ONE, SOOOOO EASY AND SOOOO GOOD) I have been making this quite awhile now, 1 jar of peanut butter 18 oz 1 container of chocolate icing, 16 ... Continue Reading

Re: Scents and Common Sense November Thread BBBRRRR!

In Beauty Banter 1416994800.51

Desi, didn't watch NCIS LA yet but read your spoiler alert anyway, doesn't bother me and will watch it anyway. I have a beautiful pack of boneless ribs I plan on making Wednesday here at home so all set but I did have to go to the grocery store(just got back, 4:15 AM) since I needed both cat and dog food plus I wanted some snack stuff and some staples. They keep changing their minds on what we could or will get, goes anywhere from 3 to 12 inches so am hoping the 3 inches of course. We will get to around 35 they said than drop to 19 at night so, will freeze of course. They want it to start out... Continue Reading

Re: Anyone have a Good Tried and True Lemon Sponge Cake recipe?

In Recipe Swap 1416994487.813

thank you, did copy this and will try it since I love a lemon sponge cake but still looking for one that looks like the one I had at home. It was a one layer cake in a single layer 8 or 9 inch round cake pan. While it was only 1 layer it wasn't what you would call a flat cake by any means. You could see 2 layers of different textured layers but was only 1 layer, was so good. I am probably not describing this very well. Continue Reading

Re: LOVE my new Foundation

In Beauty Banter 1416994259.653

luvshopp, so glad you like this and yes, do give the Olay Regenerist line another try, especially the serum and if you want to try a good night time moisturizer try the Olay Regenerist microscupture cream. I use the serum alone for day time under my foundation and use the microsculpture cream at bedtime. I use to use the BE mineral foundation but found it very drying in the last few years and have been looking for a cream of liquid foundation ever since. While I really like the new BE bareskin as well as the Mally air brush mousse in the pump can(both are very good) I like this much better a... Continue Reading

Re: Scents and Common Sense November Thread BBBRRRR!

In Beauty Banter 1416907696.843

Desi, yes, say brand new but only to that network is right. Some say world premiere and we have seen it before so he says guess we have lived before. They do run out of stories I am sure since they are making so many movies anymore. same here, was still 62 at 1 AM but calling for anywhere between 3 and 12 inches of snow for Wednesday and a high in the low to mid 30's. I am hoping it is on the low side, the 3 inches. I am making dinner at home Wednesday to play it safe. Continue Reading

Re: LOVE my new Foundation

In Beauty Banter 1416907515.287

On 11/24/2014 luvshopp said: doglover, I am in Canada and just HAD to reply to your post. M. Asam has finally arrived at our Shopping Channel and I have to agree with everything you have said. I love this and have stopped my search for the perfect foundation. I'm terrified this line will leave us (just how many of these can a person stockpile?).....but for now, I l have an extra on hand and hope this line will be here for a long time. LOVE this stuff and also his moisturizer as well. Glad to hear you have it and love it as well. I too hope he keeps making this, really do like this a lot. I h... Continue Reading

Re: Anyone have a Good Tried and True Lemon Sponge Cake recipe?

In Recipe Swap 1416907334.37

thank you. The one my gram made was only 1 layer, was a decent height, not flat and had a sponge like bottom or creamy sponge like with a cake part on the top. It didn't need any frosting other than to sprinkle powdered sugar on it. She made it in a round 8 or 9 inch fairly deep cake pan but a single layer. Continue Reading

Anyone have a Good Tried and True Lemon Sponge Cake recipe?

Last Reply by doglover3 1416994487.4 | Started by doglover3 in Recipe Swap

My grandmother had the best but she never used a recipe. My mom use to write things down as she made things but being she wasn't crazy about a sponge cake she never wrote that one down. My grams favorites(and ours) were her funny cake and her custard pie(mom made sure to copy them down) which I have posted both here several times. If anyone has a tried and true lemon sponge cake they would care to share I would appreciate it, thanks Continue Reading

Page 1 of 759
1 2 3 4 ...759Next