Better Than Black Friday
11 Members and 13908 Guests Online

doglover3's Activity

Anyone have a Good Tried and True Lemon Sponge Cake recipe?

Started by doglover3 in Recipe Swap 1416816088.16

My grandmother had the best but she never used a recipe. My mom use to write things down as she made things but being she wasn't crazy about a sponge cake she never wrote that one down. My grams favorites(and ours) were her funny cake and her custard pie(mom made sure to copy them down) which I have posted both here several times. If anyone has a tried and true lemon sponge cake they would care to share I would appreciate it, thanks Continue Reading

Re: Scents and Common Sense November Thread BBBRRRR!

In Beauty Banter 1416815837.133

Desi, I recorded the dog one but haven't watched it yet, maybe later tonight. I watch anything with a dog in it of course and I ever have the recorder set to record Grumpy Cat worst Christmas or something like that, is about Grumpy Cat of course. You are right, so many he keeps saying we saw this before. I say no it says it is brand new and just made. He says well then it is a remake of one we did say several other times. He usually reads while I watch this stuff but looks up and tells me what is going to happy than says I guess I lived before and laughs. Yes, they are running out of ideas an... Continue Reading

Re: LOVE my new Foundation

In Beauty Banter 1416815580.563

glmama, yes, please do post back when you get and try it, will be anxious to hear what others think. I read all the reviews before I finally decided to try it. I am very happy with it and tonight I got a compliment at one of our local diners, said I have such nice skin. It does give a very smooth finish/look and doesn't have that heavy feeling like some I have tried. I don't like heavy or greasy feeling foundation or one that almost slide off during the course of the day and night. This is a sort of matte yet looks very natural while giving a healthy look, for me anyway so, hope it is the sam... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1416759730.363

Ladies, those that try this you have till January 31 st to return it if you don't like it or the color is dark for you which I am hoping it won't be, isn't for me. You can also use their return address label and get the return shipping credited to your account as spendable cash as long as you use your HSN card so, nothing to lose. I just hope you like it as much as I do and all the other rave reviews on HSN website for that product and is why I ordered, on a whim after reading reviews. those that order, just go easy when applying, doesn't take much and is so easy to apply so, just go easy si... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1416746191.933

Desi, Royal Christmas was okay but didn't care for En Vogue Christmas. I do think RC is a remake of one several years ago, remember several things in it that were the same but as DH said, can't think of new ideas so reuse old ones and just add new things to them or change the location etc. It is getting that most movies are so predictable you can say their lines for them before they do but, after all, is a movie and suppose to be just entertaining, not brain science I keep telling him. Speaking of DH, he hates this time of year with all the sappy love stories as he calls them on till after th... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1416745942.887

I am fair too, not NK either but like I said, I wear light in the Mally new liquid in the compact and bare shell in the newer BE bareskin. While it looks very dark in the jar once applied it isn't dark at all. I see no difference between my chin and neck. It may depend on how much you apply. It really doesn't take a lot but I can see why some could easily get too much on the first time using so, just have to use a little at a time since it does spread so nicely and doesn't take much. Someone asked about applying with the fingers so tonight I put a tiny bit on my one finger and dabbed under bo... Continue Reading

LOVE my new Foundation

Last Reply by doglover3 1416815580.307 | Started by doglover3 in Beauty Banter

I LOVE my new M. Asam Magic Finish Make up. If I hadn't read reviews I would have been scared seeing how dark it was when I opened the jar but when you put it on it just disappears, love it. This gets all great reviews at HSN where I got it. My face looks and feels like silk. This is very blend-able and very buildable. It would go for any skin tone or color and can be for light, medium or even full coverage depending on how you apply it. I have a fair to light medium complexion and this works great. I also have normal to dry skin with some slight crows feet at the eyes. This doesn't settle ... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1416704861.957

Desi, very windy here too but is suppose to warm up soon, sure hope so but now they are calling for either ice or snow for Wednesday, all we need. We go to a Thanksgiving buffet every year since both DH and DS love their prime rib and we can each eat what we like and want. We go to this place for Thanksgiving and Easter so sure hope we don't get ice Wednesday, snow is okay but won't drive in ice. I LOVE my new M. Asam Magic Finish Make up. If I hadn't read reviews I would have been scared seeing how dark it was when I opened the jar but when you put it on it just disappears, love it. This get... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1416660918.687

Desi, where is everyone, stopped by before getting ready to go to bed and see no one was on today? Odd? Continue Reading

Re: How Can I Dress Up Canned Cranberry Jelly?

In Recipe Swap 1416558882.19

.I usually get the whole berry cranberry sauce and gently mix it with a small container of vanilla yogurt, is the way DH family always did it at home he said. It almost tastes like a dessert. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 759
1 2 3 4 ...759Next