37 Members and 18027 Guests Online

doglover3's Activity

Re: FlowerBeauty

In Beauty Banter 1430035898.38

thank you, haven't tried any in this line other than the brow pencil which is nice. Continue Reading

Re: Beauty Boomers 2015 - Welcome!

In Beauty Banter 1430035397.61

Desi, cooler here too but not as bad as the last 2 nights. At least we will hit 60 most days this coming week other than 1 or 2 that will be in the upper 50's but nights, still in the mid to upper 30's. Sorry that tooth is bothering you, best get it taken care of. Maybe all they have to do is smooth it down a bit, have had that happen. Good luck. Continue Reading

Re: Your favorite eye liner? I'm on the hunt!

In Beauty Banter 1429919942.93

I have been using and loving the Mally in deep green(have hazel eyes). I did just get the Rimmel ScandalEyes in the pencil after recs on this board and that is nice for top lining but didn't last on my lower lash line. I also have and like the Rimmel ScandalEyes in the chubby crayon type as well as Ulta in the chubby crayon type for top lining. For top or bottom though, Mally is my favorite. Any UD I have even gotten has left sparkles all over my face since most have a bit of glitter or sheen or something in them other than black which I don't wear at all. I never tried IT so can't say on tha... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1429919481.593

luvmyz3, I can say that PPS Beautiful is also spot on. I had it on when I was looking at an EL counter in a dept. store and the sales clerk said I see you wear our Beautiful. I just said yes, didn't tell her it was a dupe. You can have an extra shot or 2 of any of them to make them have better staying power, some need it while others don't, all depends on the scent itself. Very cold here too but no snow, funny, mowing in the snow. They want 28 here tonight so is cold and only got to up to the 40's for a high yesterday and today but by Sunday should be the upper 50's to maybe 60, hope so and h... Continue Reading

Re: Beautyblender sponges and other similar sponges?

In Beauty Banter 1429862016.56

not having used any before I shouldn't talk but being I love my real techniques expert face brush so nice I was thinking about getting the real techniques version of this sponge and see how that is. Has anyone tried the RT version? Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1429861035.84

Desi, feel the same and hate going to the dentist to start with. I don't like when I can feel it is still too high, keep touching it with my tongue or when I chew, don't like that at all so, wait and see how it feels for a few days at most. Winter is here too, in the 20's tonight and again Friday night and only got to the 40's for a high today. I told DH he should wear a jacket but you know how they are, nope, says it is spring regardless what it feels like. Our server goes to the cancer doctor Monday, keeping my fingers crossed for her. She is so nice, 59 I think she said. I never got the ha... Continue Reading

Re: Easy, Pleasing Chicken Steak Recipe

In Recipe Swap 1429860615.523

On 4/23/2015 Pook said: Doglover3, thanks for the recipe. I've also been looking for one. Some may want to go with bland supposedly healthier food but even if you do it's always good to have some really tasty meals once in a while! This recipe isn't bad anyway as the oils today are much healthier than the lard used by our parents and grandparents and if you use no hormone free meat all the better! you can say that again, remember my grandmother using lard to cook with as well as make her pie crusts. Today as you say, most oils are much better than they use to be and this isn't something you ... Continue Reading

Re: Easy, Pleasing Chicken Steak Recipe

In Recipe Swap 1429780992.443

I got this recipe here on these boards if this helps. This is a true Texas original! Cowboys ate these steaks on trail drives and cowboys and Texans today continue the tradition. Chicken-fried steak is just part of Texas! posted by Rondell Lone Star Chicken-Fried Steak and Cream Gravy 2 pounds round steak, tenderized 1 1/4 cups flour 1 teaspoon salt Seasoned black pepper 2 eggs, slightly beaten 1/2 cup milk Oil Cream Gravy 6 to 8 tablespoons pan drippings 6 tablespoons flour 3 cups of milk 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon black pepper Trim tenderized steak and cut into 6 to 8 pieces. Combi... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1429780856.29

Desi, that's what the server said, hopes this doesn't get around too much and get a lot of people that come in late night. Some will take advantage I am sure which is a shame since he is nice enough to do this I just hope it doesn't get out of hand. He said to give them any breakfast they want or a burger, fries and soup or salad plus their coffee or tea. I think that is super nice of him. The server has to go to a cancer doctor Monday, went for stones and and they found out she has a cancerous mass on an ovary so, will make an appointment for surgery the doctor told her. That is good to feel... Continue Reading

Re: Who else can't sleep tonight? :(

In Beauty Banter 1429780339.457

On 4/22/2015 Desertdi said: My backyard owl has returned for the spring mating season........ I am waiting for our mourning doves to return. They usually come by the end of April. We have a built in the wall AC, up near the ceiling, that sticks out onto our back patio which is under a roof. The top of the AC outside is only about 10 inches from the ceiling of the patio roof and they come every spring for the last 7 years. I have no idea how long doves live so this may be babies of babies, no idea but there are 2 there than lay eggs and have babies every summer up there. We can eat on the pa... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 814
1 2 3 4 ...814Next