TSV(R) Preview
23 Members and 13131 Guests Online

kachina624's Activity

Re: Rachel

In The Q We Love 1413777217.927

I like Rachel. She looks better in clothing than most of the models. I think she must be very tall. Continue Reading

Re: Broccoli And Cheese Casserole

In Recipe Swap 1413774114.147

Add a can of sliced water chestnuts. Continue Reading

Re: Question for Those Having Pergo or Other Top of the Line Laminate

In For the Home Talk 1413771554.39

I think the engineered wood is just a thin layer of actual wood. I've heard it can be re-sanded and stained one time. Regular hardwood of course, is solid wood all the way through. Continue Reading

Re: Michael Dawkins howlite necklace

In Jewelry Talk 1413771023.367

Heres a funny story about howlite. There was a howlite necklace in the Jackie Kennedy collection supposedly given to her by some bigwig mid-Easterner. I contacted that man who sold her jewelry on the Q suggesting that the necklace surely must have been better than howlite, maybe even Persian turquoise (it was dyed). He said, no, that's what they thought and even had it tested and it was surely howlite. We had a good laugh over it, deciding he was gifting on the cheap and Jackie never knew the difference. Some of you may have gotten this piece. It's probably the only piece in the collection wh... Continue Reading

Re: Any Furnace Experts Out There???

In For the Home Talk 1413760378.567

I've never heard of this and have always lived in houses with gas heat. All my pipes are on the roof and nothing ever gets clogged except the satellite dish. Continue Reading

Re: "Blue Jeans" boots

In Fashion Talk 1413758853.433

On 10/19/2014 Bird mama said: Kachina, those are nice. Does the lip/edge around the heel of your foot ever get in the way? No, it doesn't bother me at all. I did size down in these shoes. I also have them in taupe suede with brown embroidery. The only downside is that they're kind of heavy. I got used to my Sketcher's and now all shoes seem heavy. Continue Reading

Re: Ripkanista dog/animal lovers O/T - my Yorkie Paris II

In Judith Ripka 1413757107.583

You could have avoided a lot of this heartache by giving your dogs the bordetella vaccine. It's a nasal spray that prevents kennel cough. My dogs get it routinely every year. Continue Reading

Re: Question for Those Having Pergo or Other Top of the Line Laminate

In For the Home Talk 1413755319.633

Have you considered the new vinyl planks which are indistinguishable from hardwood? I have four big dogs and had cork laminate installed about four years ago. They've pretty much ruined it. If I were doing floors again, I'd strongly consider the vinyl. I just don't like laminates as they look and sound fake plus a serious accident involving liquid will ruin them. Continue Reading

Re: Michael Dawkins howlite necklace

In Jewelry Talk 1413754832.76

Sorry, but Q has such a fine search engine, I couldn't find it. I will say this about howlite. It's a cheap, cheap stone which is frequently dyed to fraudulently be sold as turquoise since it has somewhat of a matrix. It is extremely chalky and soft so has to be stabilized. I personally would not spend money for it regardless of who made the piece. To each her own. Continue Reading

Re: Harry London TSV

In TSV Talk 1413753410.397

On 10/19/2014 hopi said: The Harry London chocolate is waxy as compared to many other finer chocolates, I don't know if that is because they make these especially for Q. Won't order HL from Q again I agree. I ordered these several years ago and would rate these chocolates about like something I bought at Walgreen's. Certainly not worth the exorbitant price. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1361
1 2 3 4 ...1361Next