Maxi Dresses
123 Members and 9525 Guests Online

kachina624's Activity

Re: Dr. Says I Need Both Knees Replaced (need all the advice I can get!)

In Health & Fitness 1398295915.28

On 4/23/2014 Fortune said: I really appreciate you all taking the time to reply to me!!! Since I am 76 and live alone, the surgery sounds like it isn't a possibility for me. Kind of a bummer. I just finished 11 hours of physical therapy and it didn't do any good. Maybe I can research all the other nonsurgical treatments and get another opinion, too. Why should living alone preclude you from having needed surgery? As I stated above, I live alone but went to a rehab center for two weeks. Medicare paid the whole bill...didn't cost me a cent. I had everything at home all arranged, had lots of gr... Continue Reading

Re: Skin Tags--Advice Please

In Among Friends 1398294696.8

On 4/23/2014 Q-Anu said: On 4/22/2014 kachina624 said: I had about 25 of them on my neck. Tried all the home remedies and nothing worked. Nail polish won't stick to your skin long enough; tea tree oil actually burned my skin. Wart remover was expensive and also didn't work. My doctor offered to freeze them off. She used some substance that just caused a slight sting. In two weeks the tags fell off; in a month the redness was gone and you couldn't tell they ever existed. Some of the more expensive fast cures leave a scar. I was not charged for this other than for an office visit. How long ago ... Continue Reading

Re: ridiculous shipping times...no more orders for me

In Beauty Banter 1398289714.03

On 4/22/2014 Snowpuppy said: On 4/22/2014 Irishrose136 said: I have recently discovered.....I'm a late bloomer.......high-end dept stores which ship beauty items for free and will take back with a pre-paid label. I know Sephora does the free returns. Some of these places allow 60 days instead of 30. And either Macy's or Nordstrom's - bought from both this week so I've mixed them up - has no time limit at all for returns. So I'm asking myself, why am I buying from the Q????????????????? So true! Never had a problem with Nordies, shipping or returning. I bought sheets last week from NM. Free s... Continue Reading

Re: Bliss Zero Gravity

In For the Home Talk 1398223725.163

On 4/22/2014 mominohio said: On 4/22/2014 kachina624 said: You can also buy these chairs at Walmart, Kohl's and the big box hardware stores for less $$$ and no high priced S&H. The ones I've seen at retail are not the same. They don't have the double stitching on the edges, aren't wide like the XL, and don't come in the same fabric choices. Q's are more expensive, but I think they are a step above anything I've seen, and I've seen these at quite a few different retailers. If you're referring to the lacing...my chair from Walmart has the double lacing. It's not as wide as the XL, but I do... Continue Reading

Re: Skin Tags--Advice Please

In Among Friends 1398223237.25

Due to the oils in your skin, tape and nail polish don't stick well or long enough. Continue Reading

Re: Dr. Says I Need Both Knees Replaced (need all the advice I can get!)

In Health & Fitness 1398221938.233

Hopefully you're not anticipating having both knees done at the same time. Some people do but most doctors advise against it. I live alone and don't have anyone to fetch and carry for me, so about 3 days after my surgery, I went to a rehab center for 2 weeks. You definitely need to have 24 hour help for the first couple of weeks. You have to be in a contraption that moves your leg constantly and you can't manage it alone. The worst of TKR surgery is the PT afterwards. It's intense and not fun at all. There will be some pain, although it's wasn't as bad as I expected. They make sure you have p... Continue Reading

Re: Latisse

In Viewpoints 1398214753.91

I used Rapid Lash and had fantastic results. Kind of got away from it when I had knee replacement surgery and had other thing over which to obsess. Continue Reading

Re: OT - Carpenter Bees....HELP

In Beauty Banter 1398213743.697

I had carpenter bees burrow into the underside of the 2 X 4 of my wood patio fence when I lived in Houston (along with every other creepy thing). The holes they drilled were perfect circles a little larger than a pencil. They were big, black things but totally non-aggressive. I was out among them all the time and they never bothered me. I never saw a stinger on them. I never got rid of them but moved. Continue Reading

Re: Bliss Zero Gravity

In For the Home Talk 1398209159.973

You can also buy these chairs at Walmart, Kohl's and the big box hardware stores for less $$$ and no high priced S&H. Continue Reading

Re: Next time my Mr. Coffee goes out, I'm going to instant Folgers

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1398204853.533

I'd been using my Hamilton Beach Scoop to make a single mug. One day I was out of ground coffee so used Taster's Choice Instant instead. I don't think I could tell the difference in taste and much less of a hassle so I never went back. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1050
1 2 3 4 ...1050Next