New Holiday Decor
108 Members and 11842 Guests Online

Sooner's Activity

Re: Two BIG complaints about small stuff in lot of new cookbooks

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1413923818.68

On 10/21/2014 VaBelle35 said: On 10/21/2014 KYToby said: Some people do need the intros (even if they do not realize it). OMG! If he only had a little football jersey on!!!!!! LOL!!!!! Continue Reading

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1413923765.89

On 10/21/2014 FunkyHulaGirl said: On 10/21/2014 ValuSkr said: You can find any kind of recipe online. I can't figure out why people still buy cook books. How about because we enjoy sitting down, relaxing for a while, and just browsing through them? Or because some of us would rather use a cookbook than look at a computer screen or a printed out piece of paper. And because you can flip through, put markers between some pages and plan a menu. AND what she said above. Continue Reading

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1413923721.427

On 10/21/2014 espree said: I, too, like pictures with each recipe. More importantly though, I need the nutritional information as I am a type II diabetic. Not many cookbooks or recipes provide this helpful information. Yes! Something else cookbooks SHOULD have! Wouldn't that be wonderful? Continue Reading

Re: How many have changed out their wedding set for a new one?

In Viewpoints 1413923072.653

Maybe if we had had money for a diamond, a happy beautiful wedding where both families weren't upset we were getting married, and absolutely nothing material at the time, I might be more sentimental about it. But we have been through a lot and married a long time, and that's what I am sentimental about. It was a rough start thanks to a lot of mean people--but never my husband. Continue Reading

Re: If your husband or S.O said this to you would it upset you?

In Viewpoints 1413922560.91

On 10/21/2014 minkbunny said: On 10/21/2014 happy housewife said: On 10/21/2014 minkbunny said: happy housewife, If a person loves you they don't purposely say things to hurt you. I disagree - when a couple have an open and honest relationship they can talk about anything - even if it does hurt one of them. Not everything in life is pretty and wrapped up like a birthday gift. Sometimes things are difficult to hear or to say or to do - but they NEED to be said or heard or done nevertheless. Keeping your feelings to yourself undermines all relationships. Well, my relationship is not being und... Continue Reading

Re: Top Halloween Candy

In Kitchen & Food Talk, Holiday Advice 1413914862.363

On 10/20/2014 turtle52 said: Important--please read: Having a son with SEVERE food allergies, especially to peanuts, NO ONE should give trick or treaters candy that contains peanuts. Peanut allergies can lead to and have lead to death in many people. If my son SMELLED or ate any amount of peanuts, he had to go to the emergency room to have drugs administered through an IV to stop the reaction. He would vomit and break out in hundreds of itching hives all over his body due to this allergy. My son is an adult now and has a very self-imposed restricted diet, but as a child, I had to instruct him... Continue Reading

Two BIG complaints about small stuff in lot of new cookbooks

Last Reply by mominohio 1413938555.607 | Started by Sooner in Kitchen & Food Talk

1. Some of them are just pages and pages of front matter. Most of the books I pick up seem as if you have never baked anything in your life and they must go into great detail about how to grease a pan or what kind of salt to use. On and on and on. . . Also, for many of them, authors go on and on about their lives and their inspirations, etc. I don't care about their life story especially if I have never heard of them and they have a hole-in-the-wall cake shop in Timbuktu or wherever. I want to make a cake not read your life story--two paragraphs would have been sufficient. I looked at on... Continue Reading

Re: Giving Up Liquid Softner In Washing Machine

In Viewpoints 1413912666.603

On 10/21/2014 chickenbutt said: I use Downey (the scent-free one of course) and I use less than half the amount (capful) that they say to use. I, then, fill the rest of the fabric softener dispenser with water. I don't use it on everything either - mostly just my clothes. All the household stuff, the cleaning lady's cleaning rags, etc, don't need it. So, a bottle of Downey lasts me many many months. :) I tried stuff that people have said worked for them, like white vinegar, and it doesn't do a thing. Clothes will come out full of static and it's just not worth it. I love white vinegar for som... Continue Reading

Re: Overnight Butter Dinner Rolls

In Recipe Swap 1413912532.007

On 10/6/2014 Gloria said: These sound wonderful! Thanks! I had a recipe years ago that I can no longer find. It was for "no knead rolls". I think this may fit the bill! Thanks, again! Gloria Try googling "spoon rolls" and see if any of them would work for you! Someone I know made wonderful ones, they rose over night in the fridge and she baked them in muffin tins. Continue Reading

Re: David Venable's first cookbook

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1413912335.04

Nick Malgieri's new cookbook is wonderful looking and the recipes great but you simply cannot read it. They have tons of room for bigger type and this tiny type is in light gray. Seems to be a fad now. STUPID! I was glad to see Mark Bittman's new Fast cookbook is easy to read--and looks great! I got it yesterday. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1195
1 2 3 4 ...1195Next