Shoes & Handbags Clearance
21 Members and 17455 Guests Online

Sooner's Activity

Re: Unusual things you do to prepare for a storm.

In Viewpoints 1422324837.26

For the ice storms, make sure the SUV and the car is full of gas in case we need to use it to run a generator a few days. We always have enough food and the gas stove and two gas fireplaces, so we can stay warm, if not really comfortable. We have an iron cooking pot, so we can make beans in the fireplace and enjoy tuna and peanut butter etc. We always have enough water too. Fill up the bathtub for washing and flushing water. . . Tornadoes? We keep water, bathroom "facilities", snacks, a radio with a siren and a portable tv in the storm cellar in case we need to be dug out and it takes a... Continue Reading

Re: Grown man doing happy dances?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1422323754.8

I like to cook and am interested in the subject. I would love to watch an interesting cooking show on QVC, but have zero interest in the same old worn out products and worn out jokes. I simply have no interest in the products or in the nonsense that goes on about presenting them. I'm not the type of audience they are after for these shows. Continue Reading

Re: Is anyone else bothered by how much food gets wasted during demos?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1422314100.163

Who on earth would want to eat this stuff? It isn't handled properly, is left out under hot lights, and dragged around on carts that have been who knows where. I doubt if they wash it before they chop it up, the ham sits out for hours, etc. Ick! All the things they demo are written off as expenses for tax purposes. It's just part of their business. I can't imagine how much money they make by chopping up 20 or 30 peppers. Good grief it isn't a big deal. Continue Reading

Re: Is anyone else bothered by how much food gets wasted during demos?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1422276492.643

On 1/25/2015 brewhaha said: On 1/25/2015 IamMrsG said: I would be surprised to learn that QVC wastes much food. Quite some time ago I volunteered for an organization called Tri-State Harvest. We collected donations from restaurants, grocery stores, banquet halls, etc., and delivered it to shelters around the city. In the event they don't give it to shelters because of liability issues, I'm sure, at the very least, they are giving to to hog farmers. It doesn't bother me at all because they waste very little food and it is an insignificant cost in the whole picture of how many hundreds of th... Continue Reading

Re: Boot cut or Straight leg pants?

In Fashion Talk 1422065371.997

Although I weigh more than I should, my hip area is fine and my legs are relatively long and ok. So for me, straight leg is the only way to fly! Plus I don't often wear heels and todays boot cuts are often very long. Continue Reading

Re: spiralizers

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1422064986.35

What do you do with the veggies after you spiralize them? Continue Reading

Re: Superbowl menu ideas

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1422064882.217

I'm thinking get some hot roll dough, shape it into footballs, dip in butter and roll in sugar, hot cocoa mix and cinnamon, sort of squash them a a little after they bake, get some chocolate and draw on the laces, and call them deflated footballs! Continue Reading

Re: The Bold & The Beautiful --- January 2015 (includes spoilers)

In TV Talk 1422064681.84

Let's have Brooke and Myrna in a hair-pulling girl fight! Let Brooke kick her butt out of the big house! How about Bill punch Rick's lights out? Violence--SOAP style! Bring Steffy back and let her start a fashion house with Spencer. Include Grubby Ridge and Caroline and bring back some of the fun of Sally Spectra! I think Steffy would be up to that! Get RID of Wyatt and mommie dearest. They add nothing to the show. It should be about fashion, fun, romance, intrigue and glamour! Continue Reading

Re: Today is National Southern Food Day

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1422064376.813

Wonder bread, garlic bologna sliced in the deli, and mayo! Fruit salad with peeled grapes in it. Sardines and crackers eaten on the porch after school. Watermelons in the field, bust 'em open and scoop the heart out! Put a small coke in the freezer just until it's slushy. Homemade ice cream (only my mother made ours with Pet milk and 2 percent milk and it was STILL good! LOL!!!). Continue Reading

Re: What do you think of the athletic wear trend?

In Fashion Talk 1422063998.467

On 1/23/2015 brewhaha said: I wear Jockey underwear. Yeah me too, but I still came in fifth in the third race at Hialeah! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1269
1 2 3 4 ...1269Next