53 Members and 19436 Guests Online

Sooner's Activity

Re: Looking for a recipe for a Cream of Chicken

In Recipe Swap 1429550877.567

My FAVORITE casserole: <h3 style="box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 0px; font-size: 18px;" Ingredients</h3> 1 large onion, chopped $ 1 large green bell pepper, chopped $ 2 tablespoons vegetable oil $ 2 cups chopped cooked chicken 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomato and green chiles $ 1 teaspoon chili powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 1/4 teaspoon pepper 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas $ 2 cups (8 ounces... Continue Reading

Re: Poll: Home Theater or Library?

In For the Home Talk 1429531764.62

We have a library/office! So we made the choice long ago. Neither of us are interested in a home theatre. Continue Reading

Re: Based on another on-going thread, what goes into your deviled eggs?

In Recipe Swap 1429484878.173

ANY or all of: mayo, french mustard, pickle relish, finely chopped sweet pickles and a little juice, lemon juice, black olives chipped finely, hot sauce, grated onion, capers, green olives, finely diced ham, crumbled bacon, salt and pepper etc. The simplest ones are mayo, pickle relish or diced sweet pickles, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and maybe finely chopped capers. I like anchovies in them too sometimes. Deviled eggs are simply a "how am I feeling today" thing with me! I just LOVE them! Continue Reading

Re: is anyone watching Trish on HSN?

In Beauty Banter 1429483866.283

I really dislike the gel eyeliner, but like her old style pencil liner fine. Continue Reading

Re: That "The Kitchen" show puts out a lot of bogus information

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1429483759.553

On 4/19/2015 Lynneuk said: The one I find hard to listen to is Katie Lee. Her voice is so whiny and nasal. Sunny just speaks way too loudly. I agree! I think the whiney one bothers me more. Actually, I don't really care for the entire cast or the show. For some reason, I don't find it really engaging or informative, and the hosts seem almost uncomfortable around one another. Continue Reading

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1429470668.217

Taste of Home has a Kentucky Spoon Bread that looks very good! I may try that one soon. Continue Reading

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1429469409.403

Some old recipes beat the ingredients for about 5 minutes then add well-beaten eggs, but to me the best ones are like a real shuffle and incorporate beaten egg whites in it. I haven't made this in a long time. Now I want some! Continue Reading

That "The Kitchen" show puts out a lot of bogus information

Last Reply by Mothertrucker 1429497397.737 | Started by Sooner in Kitchen & Food Talk

Sunny just made "spoon bread." She said it's a souffle made with a spoon in one pot. SPOON bread, as it is traditionally made IS a sort of souffle and involves folding in beaten egg whites into a batter that is a cornmeal base; then usually cooked in a skillet or salute pan in the oven. At Williamsburg they used to send a waiter around to "flop" a big hot serving of it on your plate, right out of the skillet. It is wonderful! Sunny made cornbread. It looked good, but sure wasn't spoon bread as I have always known it, made it or had it served to me. Continue Reading

Re: Forum members seeking medical advice

In Health & Fitness 1429458608.513

On 4/15/2015 Dell said: On 4/15/2015 Sooner said: Oh please. It's ok to come here and discuss medical issues. Just like people do at the water cooler, the mailbox, and elsewhere. Most here are adults. . . Great reply Sooner to this thread. We all don't have Mothers, aunts, a huge group of acquaintances to discuss medical issues with. Thank you! Exactly right! Not everyone has these resources. And some issues we might not want to discuss with people we know and see every day. Continue Reading

Re: is anyone watching Trish on HSN?

In Beauty Banter 1429458251.85

On 4/19/2015 NJ4Jays said: she is overpriced and rarely produces anything else I get that her stuff is good and I use some things but shes stuck in a time warp and her colors are muddy save your coin Her colors are NOT muddy. Bobbi Brown's colors are yellow and muddy (most of them) and also Estee Lauder's have a lot of yellow in them. I am very fair and found a long time ago that her colors are great for me for the most part. I have a very neutral, maybe slightly pink toned skin. I have used her makeup almost exclusively. I used to buy a lot of makeup looking for things that worked for me... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1321
1 2 3 4 ...1321Next