Spring Style Clearance
24 Members and 16595 Guests Online

Sooner's Activity

Re: Grandma's clothes

In Fashion Talk 1425335429.907

It is most often more the wearer than the clothes that look "matronly and frumpy." Bad hair, no makeup, not taking pride in your appearance, what shoes and accessories you wear. Crop pants and a nice t-shirt can look great or awful! Very few of the items QVC sells look "matronly and frumpy" on the models. There's a reason for that! Continue Reading

Re: Already going through Downton Abbey withdrawal???

In TV Talk 1425327159.137

They had green wires on lights in the 60' and we had a terrible time finding lights with white cords for our silver or flocked trees. Not silver aluminum, silver ones painted and sold for charity by the local fire department. Continue Reading

Re: Grandma's clothes

In Fashion Talk 1425326926.103

On 3/2/2015 acbetter said: I enjoy QVC for the most part. I find myself checking for what I may have missed everyday, but as a young woman (late 30's) it seems that just about all of there clothes AND shoes are targeted for those that are 60+. I loved my grandma, but I don't want to dress like her. This is where HSN out paces QVC. Anyone else feels like QVC's target market isn't them? Late 30s is approaching middle age. It isn't a "young" woman. Unless you are going to live to be 100 or more. You are also 2/3 of the way to 60 yourself. . . Continue Reading

Re: Pre-Spring Closet Clean-out

In Fashion Talk 1425316769.53

I started Saturday and have about 12 items boxed so far. Wow is that a small start--but it makes me want to do more! Changing seasons is a good time for this! Continue Reading

Re: The Great British Baking Show

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1425309027.753

I love this show and was fond of the last few contestants! What a treat it was to watch them and see all of the wonderful food products, and see them being so supportive of one another! I missed the first few shows so I hope I can find them somewhere to go back to! My new project is going to be making some puff pastry some weekend. I've done it several times many years ago (from Julia Child's baking book and shows) and it isn't THAT difficult! Continue Reading

Re: Does anyone here make homemade English muffins?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1425302287.89

The English Tea Store online has it in little jars I just discovered! Probably not as good, but they DO have it--and tea and English cookies, etc. etc. Continue Reading

In TV Talk 1425302202.213

On 3/2/2015 gardensla said: On 3/2/2015 Judaline said: I thought that was THE END? Are you sure there's one more season? Hope, hope. I love how: Lady Mary has finally found a man who makes her heart flutter. I think maybe that's the secret-play hard to get with Lady Mary. The master only has an ulcer. Atticus's family now loves Rose. Carson and Baxter-well, it was long in coming but so worth the wait. So cute. I agree about the "Bates Saga". Thomas is being nice, now, so grateful to what's her name, but never showing it. The master finally is in on the secret of Marigold's existence. I'm real... Continue Reading

In TV Talk 1425269530.933

Well, at least I won't have to endure the Bates saga for a few months. Good night I am sick of that drab tale. Continue Reading

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1425257566.717

On 2/28/2015 Poodlepet2 said: Sooner, I am envious! A couple of months ago I made crumpets and whipped up a batch of Bobby Flay's version of clotted cream: it was divine! I have made English muffins many times, but I never get the "nooks and crannies". The strawberry jam sounds divine.... Poodlepet2 Can you share the recipe for the clotted cream? I have seen a number of variations, but I'd love one someone I "know" has tried. Continue Reading

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1425257488.92

Well, it's not an English Muffin but CLOSE! The crumpets came out great and are ready to be toasted and served with a good black tea, milk and sugar, and homemade strawberry jam and Irish butter for the crumpets! I'll toast them and they will be hot! I used the King Arthur recipe and they came out fine. The first two were two thick, so hubby used them for a Egg McCrumpet! LOL!!! I cooked them on a griddle in some cheap Fox Point rings I've had for 35 years! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1297
1 2 3 4 ...1297Next