Better Than Black Friday
65 Members and 16318 Guests Online

Sooner's Activity

Re: Brussel Sprouts

In Recipe Swap 1417116527.86

I like them best shredded through the food processor slicer then sautéed in olive oil and a little butter! Sometimes I add soy sauce to them too. You can add diced onions, cashews, pine nuts, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries or whatever you like. Sometimes I put a little water in the pan too and a lid on to finish them. Sometimes not! Continue Reading

Re: Teacher Gifts??? Got good ideas?

In Mom to Mom Forum 1417116093.22

Also, those of you who think teachers are rich and have it easy, did you steer your children toward that career? Continue Reading

Re: Teacher Gifts??? Got good ideas?

In Mom to Mom Forum 1417114111.537

I think lots of us work as hard as teachers, and don't get the summer off either. That being said, we all chose our path in life. If you go through looking at what others have or get and comparing it to yourself, you'll just live a bitter old life. Remember: each of us choose our path, so remember that and enjoy what you have and try to be kind and giving to others. It will do you a lot of good. Continue Reading

Re: Did the Turkey Thaw?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1417103602.833

OH my! One funny (looking back but I'm sure NOT at the time!) story and some successes and tips! GOOD responses, thanks and HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Continue Reading

Did the Turkey Thaw?

Last Reply by maryb83 1417128013.987 | Started by Sooner in Kitchen & Food Talk

Did the turkey thaw out in time to cook? I hope yours did. There are few things worse than checking the turkey on Wednesday night and being afraid things are NOT going well! The only time we had a turkey not brown was when we had guests from out of state. I was frantic and the turkey looked like it had been scared to death--it was ghost white! I finally did something and got it browned but it was a frantic time. Lots of smiling in the living room and slipping back into the kitchen--that sort of thing. Continue Reading

Re: QVC should do an all day easy pay right before Christmas

In Fashion Talk 1417019865.907

AWSOME would be a sale. I've waited 20 years for them to do one. Haven't seen one yet. I have seen a discount or two, but sale? Nope! Continue Reading

Re: O/T Christmas music?

In Fashion Talk 1417019762.21

On 11/25/2014 PKB said: On 11/25/2014 JustJazzmom said: On 11/25/2014 ury said: I share an office suite with a young lady who begins listening to Christmas music on Pandora, right after Halloween. When she starts this, I call her Noel. She told me this week her baby's middle name will be Noel if it's a girl. Due in May. Gotta think of a guy's Christmas name! Balthasar, perhaps? Gaspar? I worked seasonal retail for years when we had kids at home. There's some great Christmas songs out there, but some I just can't listen to - overkill during retail days. Actually for a girl its spelled Noelle ... Continue Reading

Re: 70 bucks for logo top....

In Fashion Talk 1417019441.473

On 11/26/2014 happy housewife said: So sooner - if someone lives in their car they must not be homeless then , eh? Because if you live in it then you call it a home?????? So you are living in your car? Really? Gee. From all the details and bragging I thought you had 2 lovely places to live. I misunderstood. I am sorry for my lack of compassion. Continue Reading

Re: 70 bucks for logo top....

In Fashion Talk 1417010034.66

On 11/26/2014 winamac1 said: On 11/26/2014 happy housewife said: On 11/26/2014 okiebug said: On 11/25/2014 happy housewife said: The point is that most Americans do not have unlimited budgets as some here profess they have and for that majority of the people in this country $70 is an outrageous amount to pay for a casual top and we find it to be shocking when we see this price. Most Americans do not shop in high end department stores for our clothes. For most Americans that is not an option. For those here who feel compelled to put down the rest of us who do have to budget our purchases like ... Continue Reading

Re: First weekend in Dec., we're decorating!

In For the Home Talk 1417009745.827

We were done and lit up last night! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1222
1 2 3 4 ...1222Next