TSV(R) Preview
13 Members and 8563 Guests Online

hckynut's Activity

Re: Dr. Nancy Snyderman to take a leave from NBC

In Viewpoints 1414215648.857

Dr. Nancy Snyderman to take a leave from NBC Hi Deb1010again, Wonder if this is the same as those with government jobs that go on paid leave? Heard the other day where $770,000,000 has been paid to those on "paid leave". Since this is a for profit company, I highly doubt her whole leave will be with pay. Continue Reading

Re: Now What Do I Do?

In Viewpoints 1414215405.37

The birds we had in our townhome all came down the chimney. We finally go the HOA to fix this good enough to keep them from getting into this. We knew when they were in the fireplace because we could hear them. We would then close all the blinds in the home other than the ones on our deck door. Once they flew out of the fireplace it took them awhile to spot the light and the would fly right towards it and out the door. Continue Reading

Re: Bad News from my Trainer...

In Health & Fitness 1414215215.347

On 10/24/2014 terrier3 said: He had me run one and a half miles yesterday and he took my pulse at every quarter and then afterward. I was so proud of myself...I could even carry on a conversation and my heart rate recovered very quickly. The bad news? I could talk while I ran and I recovered quickly...I wasn't working hard enough and have to UP my cardio!!!! He's right...but I'm bummed. I have to go back to gasping for air and intervals!!!! Had type different Protocols of Pulmonary/Cardiac Stress Testing over the years. All but a couple measured Max Vo2 with full Pulmonary Cart along with al... Continue Reading

Re: Another School Shooting

In Viewpoints 1414189219.74

On 10/24/2014 terrier3 said: On 10/24/2014 hckynut said: How sad it is to read about these shootings. I don't know if there is any 1 specific thing that can be done to prevent them. I think all of the brightest and open-minded individuals in this country that are in the education profession, should put their heads together and see if they can figure out things that might at least make these tragedies more unlikely. I don't mean politicians, I mean people in their communities that have a direct interest in the safety of the children in their care. My feeling is, and always has been, that those... Continue Reading

Re: glucosamine chondroitin question

In Viewpoints 1414189100.69

On 10/24/2014 chrystaltree said: Appreciate the responses. Yeah, I know it's not a pain reliever...lol I don't have ostearthritis and I don't have any bone issues but I do have knee pain and stiffness. My new orthopod suggested GC might help rebuild the cartilage which would alleviate the pain and stiffness. If that is what your orthopod suggested? Knee pain is about like back pain in that there can and are many difference causes for the pain. Just like back pain what works for one type of pain(injury)will not work on pain coming from a different source. There are a lot of exercises that can... Continue Reading

Re: Another School Shooting

In Viewpoints 1414188555.173

How sad it is to read about these shootings. I don't know if there is any 1 specific thing that can be done to prevent them. I think all of the brightest and open-minded individuals in this country that are in the education profession, should put their heads together and see if they can figure out things that might at least make these tragedies more unlikely. I don't mean politicians, I mean people in their communities that have a direct interest in the safety of the children in their care. My feeling is, and always has been, that those closest to the things that are happening are the best on... Continue Reading

Re: My house was robbed last night.....

In Among Friends 1414187763.473

On 10/24/2014 Bobbisue said: About $600 was taken. I took a sleeping pill and did not hear a thing. This is scary! They could have killed me. Everyone beware of dangerous things like this happening to you too. If it happens here it can happen anywhere. Keep safe. Sorry to hear about this happening to you. Sounds more like a burglary to me, but the main thing is you were not hurt or worse. My apartment(in a very nice neighborhood)was burglarized years ago. They took mostly my electronics and my class ring and some loose change I had in a ornate plated where I kept my ring and car keys and thi... Continue Reading

Re: Bread

In Health & Fitness 1414187274.88

On 7/1/2014 BigOrangeKitty said: Do you believe it's bad for you? I noticed that Wal-Mart sells these huge loaves of Italian and French bread for just $1 .... I commented to the clerk that was pretty good. She said yes, the price is good, but bread is bad for you, we shouldn't eat it. No bread at alll? No I do not. Unprocessed bread is a regular part of my daily eating program. For some that have some type of physical(or mental( "intolerance)? That is up to them to make their decision on what is and what is not. Continue Reading

Re: Every person is being asked...

In Health & Fitness 1414187102.98

On 10/24/2014 ical said: On 10/24/2014 hckynut said: And Karnac(or Carnak, whichever you prefer) the Magnificence answer is: What difference does it make? I don't know. Perhaps one would find out if they answered "yes". Perhaps there's some procedure that puts them in a different room? My first reply was to your starting thread which said, "a question". Continue Reading

Re: Every person is being asked...

In Health & Fitness 1414187044.773

On 10/24/2014 ical said: When they enter a hospital. "Have you traveled out of the country in the past month?" At least in Boston they are... Happened to me today. Better late than never I guess. But as a former famous person once said: "What difference does it make"? Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1428
1 2 3 4 ...1428Next