Better Than Black Friday
96 Members and 15658 Guests Online

hckynut's Activity

Re: TRIO TSV

In Electronics Talk 1417153065.067

circles, There are plenty of good/cheaper Android tablets out there that work just fine. Decide what size you want and then start typing it on "google". Amazon is never a bad place to start. We don't have a "i" anything, or at least I don't. I think my wife bought an Ipod years ago but not sure if she still has it or uses it. Androids are cheaper and do everything ones that start with an "i" can do. Maybe in a different way, but Android would not be the top seller if it wasn't competing with the "i guys". Continue Reading

Re: TV size for 11x12 foot bedroom

In Electronics Talk 1417152877.79

With the TV sets of today, room size is not important as it was in past decades. The technology is so good now that with most LED and DLP sets you can put your face on the screen and you will not see any pixelation. I have a 11x11 Computer Room and were I to put a tv set in here? It would not be smaller than a 50", and more than likely even bigger. The size depends on how much money your want to spend more than how close you sit to the tv set. Continue Reading

Re: Running My First 10K Race Today

In Health & Fitness 1417152533.93

On 11/27/2014 SFGIANTSGIRL said: Thanks Ladies, the race went well. Out of 1560 overall runners, I came in 759. There were 902 women and I came in 347. Out of 71 in my age class, I came in 33. All and it was fun. The 6.2 miles is never 6.2 miles. Once you run around the walkers and people with the strollers that started in the wrong timing area, the run ended up being 7.3 miles. I only stopped at one of the water stations for a quick drink but ran the whole race, no walking. It was a great day. Deb SFGIANTSGIRL Ahem! I would be a "gentleman"?, well I am of the male gender let's put it tha... Continue Reading

Re: School Considered Canceling Nutcracker Trip to Protect Kids From Christmas Tree Exposure

In Viewpoints 1417151768.69

On 11/27/2014 mstyrion 1 said: On 11/27/2014 hckynut said: Climate Change(formerly known as Global Warming) is a theory, and that should be how it should be considered. Changing the name does not change the facts as I see them. For those that choose to believe them? Have at it!! This would be your opinion. Not fact. Climate change has progressed to more than a theory. Over 97% of the scientific community believes it to be fact. That's good enough for me. Yes, 97% of "selected ones in the scientific community". Heck, I can get 100% of people I know to agree with me on many things that are the... Continue Reading

Re: School Considered Canceling Nutcracker Trip to Protect Kids From Christmas Tree Exposure

In Viewpoints 1417114217.14

Climate Change(formerly known as Global Warming) is a theory, and that should be how it should be considered. Changing the name does not change the facts as I see them. For those that choose to believe them? Have at it!! Continue Reading

Re: Running My First 10K Race Today

In Health & Fitness 1417113180.913

Have fun and enjoy! I ran hundreds of them and while I cannot say they were all fun? I would not trade any of those experiences. Let us know how it went for you. Continue Reading

Re: Anyone Ever Take Celebrex?

In Health & Fitness 1417112653.813

This type of shock can be deadly. I read everything I could find about Celebrex before I decided to use it for my arthritic body. Anaphalactic Shock was not listed as one of the side effects that I could find anywhere.××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××× I had my own brush with death because of this particular deadly reaction. Fortunetely I was at the hospital at the time. I was having an Iron Infusion and that is ... Continue Reading

Re: Anyone Alone on Thanksgiving?

In Among Friends 1417071109.413

Just me and our feline family. My wife is going to her brothers in another state and I don't particularly like spending my whole day with him. We get along well, but he is not the type of person I choose to be stuck around for a whole day. If it wasn't so many miles away I would drive myself and leave after a couple hours, but frugality is more important to me than me being there. My wife understands and that is all that matters to me. Continue Reading

Re: Anyone Ever Take Celebrex?

In Health & Fitness 1417070769.707

On 11/27/2014 bigsister said: My sister took Celebrex several years ago and had a serious reaction and went into shock; couldn't breathe well and she had to be rushed to the ER. She never took it again. Did the doctors give you/your sister a name for this reaction? Continue Reading

Re: 2014-2015 hockey season....SPOILERS...scores/game results.....

In Sports 1417070638.86

As I expected the Lightening/Ranger game was a good game for both teams fans to watch. The Rangers played a good game and just came up short. Happy Thanksgiving to all. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1451
1 2 3 4 ...1451Next