Christmas in July(R) Sale
83 Members and 11166 Guests Online

TY's Activity

Re: Do you feel prettier if you have cosmetics on that are top dollar?

In Beauty Banter 1406114660.56

I like pretty things but I also know that highr prices don't mean a better product. I loathe being ambushed by pushy sales people at department store cosmetic counters and do my best to avoid them at bricks and mortar stores. I prefer to try new things but on my own terms so that means drug stores or the internet or Winners for my beauty products. Continue Reading

Re: Paula Sold Paula's Choice

In Beauty Banter 1406114332.243

On 7/23/2014 rac71 said: It took me a while to find information about the company being sold. I first found Bertram Capital's posting that they invested in the company, but nothing about a corporate buyout or change in President or CEO. I then found this: http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/print-edition/2014/06/06/sound-strategies-paula-s-choice-bares-beauty-myths.html?page=all It looks like Bertram Capital is now the majority shareholder, but it does not appear anyone intends to cheapen the brand. The added capital likely helps with R & D. It seems the company has done more formula impro... Continue Reading

Re: Who's got the time, skill, storage space, and $ for this type of Christmas decorating???

In Beauty Banter 1405985633.303

Who's got the time, skill, storage space, and $ for this type of Christmas decorating??? Candy Spelling? Tori Spelling? Continue Reading

Re: I HATE CHRISTMAS IN JULY!

In Fashion Talk 1405985368.093

Christmas in July used to be only 1 day -- July 25 -- now it seems like it lasts at least a weekend if not a week with Christmas specials sprinkled throughout the week. It may only be 150 days+ until Christmas but I don't want to see any holiday stuff until after Halloween. Ho, Ho, Ho! Merry Summer?!? Continue Reading

Re: Not impressed with Nordstrom Rack

In Fashion Talk 1405912684.847

The black Born Velho sandals that I bought in June aren't sold anywhere else, after I bought them I googled them to see what other stores carried them and Nordstrom Rack was the only one who has them, therefore I can safely conclude that these shoes were made for the Nordstrom Rack stores and website and not Nordstrom or any other store. The shoes are pretty comfy and fit me well as I usually can fit into a Born or B.O.C. M/W sandal and the Born Velho wedge sandals are a medium width. I do wish that Nordstrom would not use sticky price tags that leave a gluey residue on the foot beds of the s... Continue Reading

Re: CHRISTMAS IN JULY-TRIMMING THE TREE, FOOD, SPHERES, AND GHOSTS!

In Q Did What? 1405844424.27

And a one, and a two ..... ~ Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow! ~ ~ Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow! ~ Continue Reading

Re: Not impressed with Nordstrom Rack

In Fashion Talk 1405839911.673

Nordstrom Rack is hit and miss at their bricks and mortar stores. I usually only visit either the one at the Auburn Supermall (between Tacoma and Federal Way, Washington) or the one off of I-5 near the Alderwood Mall which is north of Seattle. They are good for shoes, when my daughter and I went to visit relatives in June we stopped at the Nordstrom Rack in Alderwood and I bought one pair of Born sandals and my daughter bought 3 pair of shoes including one by Toms. We didn't have a lot of time to spend there and didn't look at clothes very much or handbags. Makeup is ok with what looks like l... Continue Reading

Re: Fire hair cutting

In WEN 1405833724.687

On 7/19/2014 morganjen said: On 7/19/2014 TY said: On 7/16/2014 morganjen said: Found it! This was the book I read in high school that mentions this. OMG, I remember reading this book, I think I bought it back then too. Wasn't the princess related to one of the Italian royal houses through marriage? If I recall she was an ugly ducking who turned into a swan due to her cousin or aunt by marriage. The glasses alone on the cover are hilarious though! Totally 70's vibe! Yes, I believe that was her. Here is a blog that talks about the book and mentions her tragic death at age 73. http://fashi... Continue Reading

Re: Fire hair cutting

In WEN 1405762851.383

On 7/16/2014 morganjen said: Found it! This was the book I read in high school that mentions this. OMG, I remember reading this book, I think I bought it back then too. Wasn't the princess related to one of the Italian royal houses through marriage? If I recall she was an ugly ducking who turned into a swan due to her cousin or aunt by marriage. The glasses alone on the cover are hilarious though! Totally 70's vibe! Continue Reading

Re: S7502 Emma & Sophia Satchel. Who got this? Did you get a RAG of a bag?

In All About Handbags 1405762241.02

What a shame that an item that is supposed to benefit a charity turns out to be substandard. I suspect that some of these companies dump old, unwanted inventory for these charity events so that they get a tax write-off. I would think that it doesn't help the charity at all. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 258
1 2 3 4 ...258Next