125 Members and 19753 Guests Online

TY1's Activity

Re: Books on Style That Have Affected Your Personal Style

In Fashion Talk 1432809986.74

I had no idea that Jill Martin had a "Dummies" book so I had to go to Amazon to look inside the book and read the book reviews. I was guffawing at a few of the negative reviews, they are pretty funny given that J.M. is the new G.I.L.I. director and is constantly wearing clothes that don't fit or flatter from this line when she is selling on TV. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1432809652.13

On 5/27/2015 SoftRaindrops said: On 5/26/2015 TY1 said: I used to pour over fashion magazines at the junior high school library including Seventeen magazine and Teen magazine. One of my favorite models was Colleen Corby. We also got the Montgomery Ward catalog which was free too. I also looked at all the pattern catalogs as my mom sewed a lot of me and my sisters' clothes back then. I've always loved fashion magazines and fashions but with the internet it's not necessary to buy a lot of magazines any more. Now I stick with InStyle magazine, People Style Watch, and Fashion (a Canadian magazine... Continue Reading

Re: Wow-Colleen Lopez Fashions!

In Fashion Talk 1432792954.62

410407, the lace tunic with the long sleeves, is pretty in the turquoise color. Continue Reading

Re: Equate (Walmart brand): CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

In Beauty Banter 1432792769.24

Cerave has some nice sunscreens too. I buy the one that has zinc oxide and titanium dioxide from Walgreens in the U.S. as it's not available in Canada. It has an SPF 50 and is unscented. Continue Reading

Re: Your next clothing purchase will likely be...

In Fashion Talk 1432792469.857

My next clothing purchase, well I ordered a teal tank and matching knit jacket with chiffon trim from TSC in Canada. It hasn't shipped yet. Tonight I bought a cute pair of black B.O.C. sandals at Sears Canada (they are half off), the style is Mindi and they are flat sandals with strips of leather crossing horizontally across the foot. Born and B.O.C. sandals usually fit me better than other brands. Continue Reading

Re: love Macy's style and co brand!

In Fashion Talk 1432792239.74

I have Style & Co curvy skinny jeans and a lot of their tops, most bought at Hudson's Bay in Canada but some bought at Macy's in the U.S. I own their crossover 3/4 sleeve top in 8 colors as this top has been made for 2 years so I buy at least one when it goes on sale at the Bay. I bought one when I visited Washington D.C. last summer too. I also like their sister brand I.N.C. and have some skinny black ponte knit pants and some pretty tops from this line. You are lucky as Macy's always has a much bigger selection of both of these lines than Hudson's Bay does. Continue Reading

Re: TSV and thoughts on CP through the years

In Carolyn Pollack 1432776198.763

Carolyn Pollack's jewelry is pretty and well made. I sure have noticed a price increase both on QVC and TSC in Canada. I'm happy to have a few nice pieces from her line that are made in the U.S. but I am not looking to buy anything from her line again this year. Continue Reading

Re: Shoe recommendations for vacation walking around Disney World

In All About Shoes 1432776067.31

Bring a first aid kit with blister bandages because no matter how comfy the shoes, that much walking in a humid climate can result in sore feet and blisters. Continue Reading

Re: Michael Kors stock is tanking

In Fashion Talk 1432775917.587

Michael Kors logo bags are the bag or fad du jour for high school teenage girls so that tells you something... a bag that teens think is cool is not probably something that someone older wants to carry too. I do think millennials are trying to save money so that they can buy a home, at least in Canada that would be the case. Logo bags are also associated with a certain group of people since a lot of logo bags in Vancouver, BC are fakes. Unless you are carrying a genuine logo bag no matter what the brand, don't bother. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1432703462.503

I used to pour over fashion magazines at the junior high school library including Seventeen magazine and Teen magazine. One of my favorite models was Colleen Corby. We also got the Montgomery Ward catalog which was free too. I also looked at all the pattern catalogs as my mom sewed a lot of me and my sisters' clothes back then. I've always loved fashion magazines and fashions but with the internet it's not necessary to buy a lot of magazines any more. Now I stick with InStyle magazine, People Style Watch, and Fashion (a Canadian magazine). My favorite fashion book is "How Not To Look Old" by ... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 315
1 2 3 4 ...315Next