Just-Reduced Clearance
144 Members and 19506 Guests Online

upallnight1's Activity

Re: Craft Shows Today! (2/18)

In Scrapbooking 1424308247.71

Thank you, mewstomom. The kit I wanted on sale is/was 411-474. I am surprised how fast it sold out! Thanks for your suggestion about "hearting" it. I did so in case it comes back in stock. I'm under the weather today, nothing serious, and I totally forgot about that handy tool! Mousiegirl, I'm sorry, I didn't understand your question! I'm glad it got answered. Qualitygal, I'm also wondering what the recorder kit is. I managed to refrain from ordering the Explore Air. I need to get my scrapbook room in shape before making any big investments. It's boxed up now while we do some work around ... Continue Reading

In Scrapbooking 1424279998.493

Docraft (pronounced Do crafts) is one of the leading manufacturers of scrapbook items in Great Britain. They have several kits for sale on the southern network. Continue Reading

In Scrapbooking 1424279923.833

Thank you, Kimbokreations! I'm so glad I was wrong! I don't know where I got the idea that the Explorer and Design Space was only compatible with Apple products! Continue Reading

In Scrapbooking 1424279423.473

mewsmomtoo, I totally agree with you. I think the pieces in the kit can easily mix and match with Anna's products. I just ordered both colors. I'm sleep deprived, just saw a presentation where the vendor and the hostess told me to order both, and like a zombie, I did. LOL. It does seem like a good buy. I like the go with set, too, but I'm waiting until it goes on sale. I ordered a Docraft Art Deco kit 2 months ago, and I'm VERY pleased with the quality. I'm thinking about ordering this Hot Off The Press kit, because it looks like I can make layered tags like Anna's with it. What do you ladies... Continue Reading

In Scrapbooking 1424266443.07

Disappointing, but my credit card is breathing a sigh of relief. I'm sure it will get a work out in March, for craft month. Do you need a Mac product to use the Explore? I'm a Kindle girl. I have a 7" HDX which I prefer for reading, and just invested in an 8.9" HDX (on a great Daily Deal) which I prefer for web browsing. Kindle which has better resolution than the ipad and is more lightweight. I don't want to need to buy another. Continue Reading

Re: More decorating ideas and products for the home please.

In For the Home Talk 1423242824.023

I agree with you both! I still have and use wall sconces, two, King sized, all cotton quilts with shams, one for spring/summer, one for fall winter, Peterboro baskets in nearly every room, hand-carved wood, not resin, wall décor, Linda Dano's heavy wood, faux aged, tray, wall art, and bronze sculpture, a cozy, warm and lightweight down throw, and 4 fun, happy, all cotton quilted throws that were only $25-$45 each. Boyd's bears and accessories. Some items were real splurges at the time, since I was also going for my master's degree, but I'm so glad I bought them. I couldn't replace them... Continue Reading

Re: Isaac was hilarious

In Isaac Mizrahi Live! 1423177867.67

Uncle Fester was a character on a long-running tv series in the 1960s called The Addams Family. He was a bald, barrel shaped man who only wore black, head to toe. Isaac Mizrahi was poking fun at himself, because he has become stocky and now usually wears head to toe black, like Uncle Fester, despite the fact that he urges his audience to buy and wear color. I find that refreshing. I've noticed that many well-known designers wear the same outfit, or close to it, day after day, while their job is to get women to buy as many new and different clothes as possible. Take Perry Ellis with his khaki ... Continue Reading

Re: The styling of Isaac's models

In Isaac Mizrahi Live! 1423175678.163

I think both can be accommodated. Have the ladies come out styled, do the runway walk. When the camera cuts away to show us the garments, have the ladies take off a layer or two so we can see the garment. Even Isaac has mentioned this recently. In a presentation of a new sweater, he said, "I wish one of the models was wearing the sweater alone." Then he asked one of the models (Trina?) if she could take off her coat and show the sweater, but she only unbuttoned it and opened it a bit. She left the coat and the crossbody bag on. I like and wear crossbody handbags and Isaac's scarves, and I do ... Continue Reading

In Isaac Mizrahi Live! 1423174064.453

AwOn 2/5/2015 Wise decision said: Upallnight: What a lovely post. Just lovely. Aw, thank you, wise decision! Continue Reading

In Isaac Mizrahi Live! 1423173627.33

I believe, wrongly or rightly, that Isaac is very appreciative of his QVC buyers. He should be. I lived in NYC when Isaac was "coming up." He made it big very fast. He was on the headlines of all of the papers, not just the mags that are/were devoted to fashion. "Nice Boy from Brooklyn Makes it Big in Couture!" But, fashion is fickle. And the publications who build people up seem to enjoy tearing them down even more. Isaac's brand stopped being the darling of the moment. Shortly thereafter, I read his business had serious financial difficulties. I can't remember the details, this was over 20 ... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 298
1 2 3 4 ...298Next