Better Than Black Friday
136 Members and 16527 Guests Online

insomniac's Activity

Re: Will You Watch the Macy*s Thanksgiving Day Parade?

In Viewpoints 1416960413.857

Parades haven't excited me much since I was very young. Continue Reading

Re: Feminine Washes

In Health & Fitness 1416881657.197

On 11/23/2014 Dee in OK said: On 11/23/2014 mima said: The feminine washes don't burn like soap does. I use the external washes, not internal. DH doesn't ever pay attention and uses it as a body wash sometimes. I have to tell him what NOT to use in the shower. LOL This reminds me of something I heard years ago watching Freddie Prinze. He said one morning he was in a hurry to get to work and the bedroom was still dark. He reached for what he thought was breath spray but accidentally ended up spritzing his mouth with his wife's feminine deodorant spray. He said all morning, while at work, ever... Continue Reading

Re: Card tables, I have a few, what do your use yours for?

In Among Friends 1416881413.483

I have an oblong one I use on my balcony (I have a super-long balcony): I do several things that involve writing (for instance, I arrange a lot of music for a couple groups I'm in). It's very pleasant working out there when the weather's warmer. We also use this table for desserts (Thanksgiving and Christmas, for instance). It also works for playing cards/board games. Oh, I just read the gift wrapping idea. Excellent! I can't do that on the floor anymore either. Continue Reading

Re: Enjoying Different Authors

In Book Club 1416864121.09

Every Quinlen book except the bread crumbs one was pretty good, IMO. Kate Atkinson is another story: for one of my book club meetings, members read different Atkinson books and offered opinions. The upshot of the meeting was that no one was interested in reading any more books by Atkinson. Continue Reading

Re: O/T Christmas music?

In Fashion Talk 1416863803.147

I adore Christmas music! I have a senior citizen choral group, and we're scheduled to do 15 volunteer programs during December. In addition, I'm in a duo with a friend of mine, and we'll also be presenting 4 programs. I've been rehearsing Christmas music, therefore, for a while now--and I never tire of it. It irritates me that Christmas music on the radio and TV disappears right after Christmas Day. (After all, there are 12 days of Christmas, and the 25th is only Day One.) Continue Reading

Re: Who is unhappy with the insane QVC shipping rates

In Fashion Talk 1416833142.887

I guess I'm one of the few who isn't bothered by s/h charges. I'm willing to pay for the convenience. Continue Reading

Re: Ok - I'm going to say it...Please QVC...

In Suggestion Box 1416770476.077

I would say that people who enjoy the calls are in a very tiny minority. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 508
1 2 3 4 ...508Next