Beauty Offers Ending
242 Members and 24133 Guests Online

insomniac's Activity

Re: What's your favorite seasonal candy now?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1427671896.423

Russell Stover vanilla cream eggs. Continue Reading

Re: J K Rowlings "The Casual Vacancy"

In Book Club 1427582925.577

Oh, I'm interested in seeing that. Continue Reading

Re: is LOGO a division of Quacker Factory?

In Fashion Talk 1427564029.523

On 3/28/2015 Grace K said: Did you hear Lori say this morning "who thought to put it on the back?" She was referring to putting flowers on the back shoulder. REALLY LORI? QUACKER FACTORY AND JEANNE BICE HAVE BEEN DOING IT FOR YEARS!!! Lori is hoping no one will remember that Jeanne did it first. Personally, I don't think Lori has been first in anything. Continue Reading

Re: Maeve Binchy - Are there any similar writers?

In Book Club 1427483491.71

You might want to try Edna O'Brien (these books are heavenly to listen to--with the lovely Irish dialect). Continue Reading

Re: I would like similar authors for Miss Read and Jan Karon

In Book Club 1427483415.05

I have read most of the Miss Read books--love them! The Miss Julia series is a different style of story-telling, but I adore her as well. I also like Agatha Raisin, Inspector Gamache, and the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency (this last focuses only mildly on mystery--but it's wondrous). Continue Reading

Re: need a particular chocolate frosting recipe

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1427414582.78

On 3/26/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said: Does this one sound familiar? It has 4.5 stars from 405 reviews. INGREDIENTS: 1/2 cup butter 1/4 cup shortening 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 2 cups confectioners' sugar 2 tablespoons milk 1 cup hot fudge topping 1 teaspoon vanilla extract DIRECTIONS: 1. Cream together the butter or margarine with the shortening. 2. Sift the cocoa with the confectioners' sugar and add to the creamed mixture. Mix together adding 1 tablespoon at a time of milk to keep mixture smooth. Don't add more than 1/4 cup of milk. 3. Add the hot fudge topping and the vanilla extract... Continue Reading

need a particular chocolate frosting recipe

Last Reply by insomniac 1427414582.243 | Started by insomniac in Kitchen & Food Talk

Years ago, I bought sets of recipe cards that included one for Best Chocolate Cake. It was supposed to appeal especially to children. Anyway, I remember the frosting for it included a jar of hot fudge sauce. It was scrumptious! Does this ring a bell with anyone? Thanks. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 544
1 2 3 4 ...544Next