Just-Reduced Clearance
79 Members and 17735 Guests Online

glmama's Activity

Re: Best Kohl eyeliner

In Beauty Banter 1422236453.637

Hi Poppet--I just recently purchased one of MAC's Kohl liners that have been around forever. I've read about them on numerous MU blogs and finally picked on up. I think it hits all the qualifications you list!:) I'm a liner junkie, but I really do like this one. Continue Reading

Re: Dr. Denese recommendations?

In Beauty Banter 1422131416.5

Hi Barb-As you can see by my siggy, I have finicky skin. So I have to be careful using certain products. A few years ago I never would have thought I could use Dr. D's pads, but I can and I do and I really like them. I don't use them every night, but I do use them 2-3x/week and they do not irritate my skin. I also like the Hydroshield Dream Cream. Continue Reading

Re: Every single facial cleanser dtries me out in the winter

In Beauty Banter 1422065333.863

Hi-I know it's pricey, but I LOVE Tatcha's cleansing oil. I have dry skin with some issues (see my siggy) and this has been great for me. I tend to not use it every day, however, b/c I have a few other cleansers in rotation. So maybe this helps me believe that it's not too expensive to keep using. Continue Reading

Re: What Are You Reading --- January 2015

In Book Club 1422065214.957

On 1/23/2015 DiAnne said: If anyone is looking for a light fast read this is one. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. About an IT security guy whose job it is to monitor employee e-mail at a newspaper. He falls in love with one of the e-mail writers sight unseen. It is a humorous story. Hi DIanne & Everyone, Just wanted to chime in and mention another fast, fun read by the above author that I really enjoyed was Landline. Read it last summer. For some odd reason I could NOT get into Attachments. I was so excited to read it b/c I really liked the previously mentioned book. Maybe I'll give it a... Continue Reading

Re: Kindle Users: Did you at one point think you could never read on an E-reader? And preferred a 'real' book?

In Book Club 1422064877.14

On 1/22/2015 AuntG said: If I only knew how to operate the Kindle Fire I got from QVC as a Christmas gift. I managed to download some books, but my screen gets darker and lighter while I read which is very annoying. Then, I'll try to 'turn' the page when a dictionary pops up. When I would like to look up the meaning of a word, I can't figure out how to make the dictionary come up. I also noticed that some of the downloads from the library have markings that say 'six highlighters' which distracts from my reading. Sure hoped it would be as easy as they showed on the QVC presentations. That sti... Continue Reading

Re: a little FYI about making healthy smoothies

In Health & Fitness 1422064753.663

Thanks for this thread. I really think the "smoothie sensation" in recent years has been GREAT for some and not so great for others. They can be calorie bombs if one is not careful and many people think "healthy" when they think of smoothies but this is not always the case. We have a Vitamix and I'm able to easily make my fave green smoothie frequently. Thanks for posting some of the sources of the above info, too. Continue Reading

Re: My Jenny Journey...........WOW!!

In Health & Fitness 1422064585.333

Hula-That is wonderful to hear! As someone who has struggled with my weight, I am inspired by your story and you posts. Keep on keeping on! Continue Reading

Re: spiralizers

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1422064490.563

Someone I know just got one and loves it. We eat lots of veggies, and I cook every day, and I thought I'd be MORE tempted to get one of these thingies, but for some reason I'm not. I know that there are recipes out there and that you can use it on other vegetables, but when I think of it or consider it, I only think zucchini or other squash. And for me that seems limiting. I am a minimalist when it comes to gadgets and if I get one I like something that has multiple uses. Continue Reading

Re: Anyone ditch their moisturizer for argan oil?

In Beauty Banter 1422064262.197

Not completely. But I DO use it every single day, in some way. And I really, really like it for my face. I tend to use it at night, under my eyes and all over my face. Just a few drops, patted in. I also like it under MU (especially under my eyes before applying concealer), AND OVER my MU (dotted on with fingertips to make my skin appear less dry. I just really pay attention to what my skin needs and some nights it is only Argan and other nights it's Dr. D's Hydroshield Dream Cream. But I have to say that just thinking about this past week, for example, I don't think I've used the Dream Crea... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1407
1 2 3 4 ...1407Next