Better Than Black Friday
10 Members and 15533 Guests Online

glmama's Activity

Re: Does it really matter what type of apples you use in an apple pie???

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1417061839.837

On 11/26/2014 Doxie said: Honey crisp makes very good apple pies. It is rated high with Bon Appetit as well. You can mix it with some granny smith to layer the flavor but if you only have honey crisp you will have a great pie as well. They hold up in baking and are great while they are in season. What time will it be ready? I am willing to sample it for you! doxie Dixie--depending upon my energy level, I would say noon tomorrow.:) Continue Reading

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1417061754.8

Thank you ALL for your replies.:) I was busy making other pies and had a breath to check in now. I am done baking for the night but I'm still considering making an apple in the morning. I just found out that our plans don't begin til later than I thought. So I might have some extra time.:) Continue Reading

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1417045819.76

Btw, in the past, I've used Granny Smith or some other, crispy apple. Continue Reading

Does it really matter what type of apples you use in an apple pie???

Last Reply by glmama 1417061839.433 | Started by glmama in Kitchen & Food Talk

Hi Ladies, While I know it's a matter of taste preference, does it matter in terms of quality what type of apples you use for a pie?? I'm asking because I wasn't planning on making an apple pie for tomorrow, but I now have a bee in my bonnet about making one, and I only have Honey Crisp. Any words of wisdom? TIA:) Continue Reading

Re: Burts Bees Fans (3 days only)

In Beauty Banter 1417039309.42

Also,when places have Free Shipping, it is sooo easy, and to me, a no brainer. Continue Reading

Re: Anyone tried the Doll 10 line (Doris Dalton)???

In Beauty Banter 1417039236.817

On 11/26/2014 BlingQueen022 said: Just received her oto eye shadow kit yesterday and I don't even wear eye shadow anymore, but this kit is fabulous!!! Love the colors, and you look so natural with them on. Also, I finally found a great nude lipstick combo from Doll 10. They're the ones that you break apart and one end is gloss and the other is lipstick. Comes in two colors, nude and a nice nude/pink color. The best!!! Not sticky or tacky and lasts for a while too. Thank you Doris Dalton. Thank you for reporting back.:) Glad you like it.:) Continue Reading

Re: Nordstrom Black Friday

In philosophy 1416976747.543

Thanks, ladies:) Continue Reading

Re: Peppridge Farms Pumpkin Cookies - Limited Edition

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1416976650.51

Honny-Perhaps with a cup of coffee? :) ;) I need to look for these ASAP! Continue Reading

Re: Nordstrom Black Friday

In philosophy 1416963236.203

Thanks-Wondering the same as Q--stores or online, too.?:) Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1367
1 2 3 4 ...1367Next