Meant for Mom
77 Members and 15333 Guests Online

CalmInTheHeart's Activity

Re: Correct English

In Q Did What? 1398287889.43

What difference does it really make? None. Continue Reading

Re: Aging Gracefully

In Beauty Banter 1398287785.047

Aging gracefully means..... Rely on God. Talk to him every day. Don't worry about those wrinkles - you earned every one of them. Enjoy life. Look at the positive, not the negative. See the glass half full even in the worst of circumstances. Relax. Remember....no one will ever put on your tombstone "She was a good employee" Continue Reading

Re: Why? Do you charge me for your return label when I haven't used it?

In Q Did What? 1398196850.737

On 4/22/2014 PeaJay said: How can you tell they've charged for the return label when it's not used? Where do you see the charge??? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I really don't know??? Look at the amount refunded to your credit/debit card. If it's short $6.95, they charged you. Continue Reading

Re: Long Term Care???

In Health & Fitness 1398196731.473

On 4/22/2014 Daysdee said: On 2/19/2014 happy housewife said: On 2/18/2014 Barbiedr said: Susie ORMAN said it was a great thing IF you are sure you can continue to afford to pay the premiums well into retirement. To start it and then drop it because it got too expensive, would be a total waste. The thing is - if you start it while you are younger it isn't that much per month. It only gets pricey when you wait to get it til your older. Getting a policy is your 30's is too young. I think it is recommended you get it before 60 which means in your 50's to get a good rate. It is true if you won't... Continue Reading

Re: Long Term Care???

In Health & Fitness 1398196614.32

I've been paying on a LTC policy for > 25 years and am glad I started when I was younger. The premiums are teeny tiny. I am guaranteed X dollars per day for nursing home or assisted living. I took care of my elderly uncle for the last few years of his life and he was in a 5 start facility and my coverage would cover what he had to pay so that's good. My big thing is that I don't want my kids to have to pay it and I don't want to be out on the street. Continue Reading

Re: What did you see - fashion wise - in church this AM?

In Fashion Talk 1398090246.603

I attended Easter Vigil and it was magnificent. People dressed up and dressed down. i really don't care how they dress as long as they are there. Continue Reading

Re: If you could have any luxury - what would it be??

In Beauty Banter 1398008104.003

I want to retire at 62 and not have to worry about how to pay for health insurance until age 65. Continue Reading

Re: QVC USA CUSTOMERS ARE BORED TO DEATH, MEANWHILE QVC EXPANDS TO FRANCE!

In Q Did What? 1397967429.47

On 4/19/2014 SPURT said: Here's more info and a quote from CEO, Mike George..... QVC, based in West Chester, Pennsylvania, took almost a decade off from expanding before debuting in Italy in October 2010. George now has the goal of opening a new market every two years. Possible locales include emerging economies such as Brazil, a regional station for the Middle East and even more economically troubled European nations like Spain. “We just don’t worry about economic cycles,” George said. “When we are thinking 20 years out, it doesn’t matter a whole lot.” ... Continue Reading

Re: Unbelieveable Review????

In Judith Ripka 1397908325.177

On 4/16/2014 VegasBusinessWoman said: Clearly, to comment in any negative way on a JR piece is akin to blasphemy. kind of like Wen...... Continue Reading

Re: ToGather Poll

In Q Did What? 1397858075.857

On 4/9/2014 stevieb said: I'm not really surprised if it's not taking off. I mean really, how can it? It's just a reorganized version of the same QVC merchandise. I looked at it a few times and while it is a little interesting to see what has jumped out at other shoppers, the bottom line is that unlike a broader based social shopping medium, which frankly holds little interest for me anyway, it's just very limited in scope because QVC is limited in scope. It chuckled when I looked at it. I know how to shop and figure things out. I sure don't need Q's help learning how to shop, dress, ... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 529
1 2 3 4 ...529Next