New Holiday Decor
118 Members and 17355 Guests Online

CalmInTheHeart's Activity

Re: QVC going out of the jewelry business?

In Jewelry Talk 1413901375.36

On 10/20/2014 Q2girl said: Did they take a loss on jewelry? I just remember a few years ago I read an article posted here about QVC becoming more of an electronics and home goods channel. Financial reports show Q is failing in jewelry sales. My business would fail, too, if I sold the cwap that Q offers. It's either high priced costume, Arte d'Oro, or cheap/flimsy gold. They'd see their sales surge if they offered mid-range priced quality gold jewelry. Instead they are into bronzo, resin, and high priced silver. Luckily, I found another online retailer that sells excellent gold jewel... Continue Reading

Re: Pronouncing "important"

In Suggestion Box 1413900956.063

On 10/21/2014 golfcartrider said: On 10/21/2014 Pook said: On 10/21/2014 CalmInTheHeart said: I'm sorry but why is this a big deal? There are many ways to pronounce a word, usually due to regional differences. Stop judging and just relax and enjoy life. Exactly! When threads like this are started it makes me more aware that nearly everyone does this and just doesn't realize it! I know when I read something out loud formally, I annunciate the letters but just in conversation don't. It's actually kind of amusing and can sound condescending to hear someone annunciate articulately in a casual co... Continue Reading

Re: Pronouncing "important"

In Suggestion Box 1413884191.267

I'm sorry but why is this a big deal? There are many ways to pronounce a word, usually due to regional differences. Stop judging and just relax and enjoy life. Continue Reading

Re: Please Do Your Research First

In Electronics Talk 1413883984.917

I would never buy electronics from a shopping channel. They always add extras that no one really needs and the price is higher than buying at a B&M store......and are rarely the current version. Continue Reading

Re: Le Creuset

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1413883841.747

On 10/19/2014 Sooner said: I wear four gold bracelets (18 kt.) and cook in five LC pots at one time: Lobster, filets, King crab legs and wagu beef. Really! With two Dooney bags on my arm and diamond rings and earrings. I don't know why people have to place some judgment on what people buy or don't buy. There are people who are simply skin flints, (no greater glory in that if you are mean about what others do), spendthrifts, and people who think it is silly to buy this or that because they don't want it, wouldn't use it, or can't afford it. More and more in recent years it's been like this. P... Continue Reading

Re: Jane & her lack of gramnar

In Jewelry Talk 1413802330.493

On 10/18/2014 Johnnyeager said: Bumping it up because English teachers and proof readers can not make any mistakes This has to be one of the funniest posts and series of responses I've read in a long time. Continue Reading

Re: QVC going out of the jewelry business?

In Jewelry Talk 1413802194.927

Q's financial reports show a marked decrease in jewelry sales. Duh! Any business that sells the cwap that Q sells would have a huge decrease in jewelry sales too. Q would see their jewelry sales jump if they went back to offering mid-range, quality gold jewelry. Continue Reading

Re: Rachael Ray, please stop talking over Jill!

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1413802098.737

Perhaps Jill should stop talking over Rachel. Rachel is the guest vendor. Continue Reading

Re: Which Makeup Items Do You Splurge On?

In Beauty Banter 1413802051.61

I love a good cleanser, exfoliator, and moisturizer. I prefer to not wear much makeup, just a little liner, eyebrow pencil, and hint of blush when I go to work. Continue Reading

Re: O/T How do u deal with in-laws that u absolutely hate?

In Beauty Banter 1413752514.67

It is your husband's job to ensure his parents treat you well. He needs to step up and put some boundaries in the relationship. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 579
1 2 3 4 ...579Next