Just-Reduced Clearance
89 Members and 17699 Guests Online

happy housewife's Activity

Re: Our new neighbors

In For the Home Talk 1419257122.717

I woke up around 7:30 this morning and , yes, he was barking incessantly. However, they have a crew over there working on something on their house so I guess that has him worked up and the noise the workers are making is much louder than the dog, as they are sawing and hammering etc. Apparently they don't like the open concept plan of the home and so they are putting in some walls inside around the kitchen etc to close them off. Continue Reading

Re: 82 yr old mother and dementia/very violent...

In Health & Fitness 1419256569.067

Clearly this woman needs to be placed in a hospital where she can be properly medicated to prevent her injuring herself or someone else -- then depending upon how she is after the medications are given would define where she could go long term. As for the OP saying the hospital would not keep her because she was violent - I find that pretty hard to believe because nurses and doctors have to deal with this sort of thing every day - the patient would need to be restrained until she was sedated then sedation and antipsycotic drugs would be used. It is also very clear that she can't be cared for ... Continue Reading

Re: Over 50 girls: Is cream blush better at our age? Any favorites?

In Beauty Banter 1419256077.01

IMO - using a liquid foundation instead of powder and a nice cream blush makes my skin look and feel soft and look much younger than using powders. Ladies on this BB are always discussing how to make their powder look more radiant or spritzing with something for it to look more dewy. When I use a liquid foundation it just looks moisturized and dewy - nothing else needed. I always moisturize with argon oil and then use spackle primer with sunscreen under my MU. I also tried the spackle with moisturizer instead of argon then spackle but found I used up the spackle with moisturizer pretty quic... Continue Reading

Re: Anyone have a Chromebook?

In Electronics Talk 1419220801.78

I have an HP chromebook - i only use it for e mail and getting on the internet and Facebook. It is great for those needs. Continue Reading

Re: 2014 Federal Tax Refunds To Be Delayed Until October 2015

In Viewpoints 1419197161.117

On 12/21/2014 RainCityGirl said: On 12/21/2014 tansy said: Budget cuts have consequences. So does taking restrictions off of Wall Street and thinking they will police themselves. Absolutely. Fasten your seat belts folks it is going to be a rocky ride for the next several years. I am so glad I and my DH are out of the workplace world, and don't have to worry about things like interest rates etc. because at our age it is not wise to carry any debt. Continue Reading

Re: Unsalted butter for homemade cookies?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1419196617.393

I always use unsalted butter to bake with. Continue Reading

Re: Over 50 girls: Is cream blush better at our age? Any favorites?

In Beauty Banter 1419196263.663

I got a Laura Geller creme blush recently and find I am really liking it. I tried the Josie Maron ones but they were terrible. Continue Reading

Re: Ham, Turkey, Prime Rib, Lamb, Lobster, etc. etc....Tell Me About Your "Holiday Meal"!!

In Viewpoints 1419195610.847

Half the family wants ham and half wants a turkey so i am making ham & sweet potato casserole and a pineapple custard - cousin is making a turkey breast and stuffing. Others are bringing dessert and veggies and appetizers. Everyone brings what they wish to drink. We will set it up as a buffet. Keep it casual. We eat on paper plates and everyone takes home their own dirty dishes that they brought with them - so no huge cleanup for the hostess. We have been doing it this way for 4 years now and it works out great. All the turkey and ham get all eaten every year - we are feeding a lot of tee... Continue Reading

Re: To Grandmother's House We Go: Traveling To Them or They Traveling To You?

In Viewpoints 1419195189.95

We only have to travel about 2 miles - I am taking ham & sweetpotato casserole and plan on them being perfectly hot when we get there. Continue Reading

Re: Our new neighbors

In For the Home Talk 1419187679.22

On 12/21/2014 K9buddy said: On 12/21/2014 happy housewife said: On 12/21/2014 K9buddy said: HH, you definitely have a problem with reading comprehension....NOBODY ever said "to just go take away someone else's dog." If you're going to have to get the last word in, at least make it with some common sense. Yes, someone did say "I dognapped" the dog and he is sitting here beside me. Dognapping is taking uninvited to do so is it not? i have no problem with reading comprehension at all. Maybe before making snide remarks YOU should read all the posts and so you know what you are talking about. ... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 2628
1 2 3 4 ...2628Next