Just-Reduced Clearance
112 Members and 18702 Guests Online

nutmeg3's Activity

Re: Amazon Echo

In Electronics Talk 1425294296.653

On 3/1/2015 jordan2 said: I waited so long for the Echo and not sure I'm loving it. I ask "Alexa" questions and a lot of the time she doesn't give me an answer. I'm not asking anything that I couldn't Google so I don't know what the problem is. Also I'm not sure of how to use this to get music to play. I have music on my iPod but not on the 2 Kindles I have. I was just wondering how everyone uses their Echo? I should get my Echo Tuesday March 5th. I will let you know how well it plays music. Continue Reading

Re: Can you help me with 'streaming' devices/cable tv?

In Electronics Talk 1424820928.803

On 2/24/2015 SHOPR said: I would also like to know what type of internet service Rabid1 is using. I'm so tired of Comcast raising prices (broadcast fees, modem fees, internet, tv) that I'm on the verge of cancelling my pitiful lowest tier $17.95 cable TV and letting them charge me $10 more for my internet by losing my multi-discount. I'm also about to research buying my own modem. I'm so sick of them, and they are the only high speed internet around here, unless someone knows something I don't. When I need to replace my cable modem I go to http://www.dslreports.com/forum/comcast . I post on ... Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1424803245.65

On 2/24/2015 Rabid1 said: On 2/24/2015 Lotus~ said: I'm sure it won't be long before the cable companies find a way to put an end to this. Actually some are taking advantage of the trend. On 2/24/2015 ValuSkr said: On 2/24/2015 Lotus~ said: I'm sure it won't be long before the cable companies find a way to put an end to this. They will charge more for internet to make up for lost TV revenue. I think they're already doing it in some markets - charging for internet based on your download volume. That is why people should avoid cable or cellular companies for internet service. I would like to... Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1424738113.227

This is one article on cord cutting. http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2015/02/22/nerdwallet-alternatives-to-cable/23599657/ Continue Reading

Re: Will a new AC wireless router really help?

In Electronics Talk 1424626155.537

On 2/22/2015 glb613 said: I recently negotiated with Comcast to lower my bill and part of that included a slightly slower internet. I dropped from 50 mbps to 30 mbps. I have an "N" router, I got into the router settings, changed it to "N" only and that did help. When I do a speed test, I get 30 mbps on my iMac and 15-16 mbps on my wireless devices. I'm not sure how to test on my iPad. That should be enough but, there are times when it isn't. I'm sure some of the problem is when everyone in the neighborhood is online at the same time. When I've checked, there's at least 10 wireless networks I ... Continue Reading

Re: Re: TV Digital Adapters

In Electronics Talk 1424486490.43

On 2/20/2015 Justina rae said: On 2/20/2015 nutmeg3 said: On 2/20/2015 Justina rae said: Glb, see my post #4. No it's not the cable converter box which is about a foot long and a couple inches high. It's the very small digital adapter which is about 3" x 3" x 1" high. When I downgraded my service from Standard to Basic they took away the converter box and replaced it with the digital adapter. http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/digital-adapter/ Nutmeg, I actually read this article before posting here. I also "chatted" with a Comcast person on-line. Naturally he also sa... Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1424485187.613

On 2/20/2015 Justina rae said: On 2/20/2015 LonestarBabs said: I am having the same problem with my TWC service. BTW, Comcast is buying TWC. Anyway, we just have Starter TV on our flat screen LCD TVs. No set-top box. We hook our TVs up to the outlets via coax cable and get our signal. Now TWC is converting to all digital service, and we will need a small digital adapter hooked up to every TV in order to receiving signal. 6 TVs! Adapters will be free for the first year but after that probably about 2.99/mo each. That adds up! Upgrading our service to the next level won't solve the problem beca... Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1424482713.613

On 2/20/2015 Justina rae said: Glb, see my post #4. No it's not the cable converter box which is about a foot long and a couple inches high. It's the very small digital adapter which is about 3" x 3" x 1" high. When I downgraded my service from Standard to Basic they took away the converter box and replaced it with the digital adapter. http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/digital-adapter/ Continue Reading

Re: I finally reset my Pad

In Electronics Talk 1424379272.38

I found an Apple app CCleaner for my iPad and my iPodTouch. It cleans up junk files. Continue Reading

Re: How do you get over an ex-husband??

In Viewpoints 1424335654.383

On 2/18/2015 croemer said: On 2/18/2015 LipstickDiva said: You need to keep reminding yourself why he's your EX-husband and you aren't still married to him. I also think you need to stop all communication with him unless it involves the children. If I was his current girlfriend and found out he still had all this unnecessary contact with his ex-wife, I wouldn't be his girlfriend any longer. This...he is an ex for a reason. You need to start dating. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 500
1 2 3 4 ...500Next