Better Than Black Friday
158 Members and 14879 Guests Online

nutmeg3's Activity

Re: Amazon Echo

In Electronics Talk 1416848386.327

On 11/24/2014 Campion said: I have it. I've been playing with it all weekend. It's awesome. I wanted a radio for the kitchen-living room area, and this is much more. I can check weather, make a shopping list, play playlists of music, ask for random music, play Iheartradio. The sound is excellent. I just have to talk to it to get it to do this and that. It is nice you are enjoying your "Echo". Continue Reading

Re: Gold and black dress. Christine Baranski was wearing tonight on Good Wife

In Fashion Talk 1416843150.71

On 11/23/2014 10max said: I agree, she wears the most exquisite clothes. Alicia and Klarinda always look great also. They are so classy and sophisticated. This show has fantastic actors and the beautiful clothing is an added perk! I like the clothing. The show is filmed in NYC. I bet the clothing comes from local sources. Continue Reading

Re: Who is unhappy with the insane QVC shipping rates

In Fashion Talk 1416842292.373

On 11/24/2014 gardensla said: On 11/24/2014 Krimpette said: On 11/24/2014 gardensla said: Off the chain. I took a look at just what's been presented today for some examples: ED scarf (thin rayon scarf) $5.97 Bare Minerals serum ONE ounce bottle $5.47 Berkshire throw (thin velour) $7.22 Turbie twist (headband) $6.47 Catawba set of 3 socks $6.47 If I'd put all of these into one cart and bought it would be 31.00 in shipping. Does anyone think it would cost the Q anywhere near that to send these items to me? No, it wouldn't cost that much…..if they packed them all in one box. But tha... Continue Reading

Re: Suggestions for setting up PC for 4th grader.................

In Electronics Talk 1416841237.097

You may want to buy a small wireless printer, and a small set of speakers, that plug in an outlet. I hope this young child has good internet service. Continue Reading

Re: Ivory Tower on CNN

In Mom to Mom Forum 1416832752.54

On 11/20/2014 tennisbuff said: Yes. Things need to change to being about education. I am an educator in a college setting. We have lost education over the past twenty years. Holding college students accountable is often a thing of the past. Many students are so narcissistic that they believe that we should just "gift" them their degrees. The changes I've seen over twenty years of higher education are awful. We are constantly being evaluated and told to improve our styles of teaching and our classes, yet, no one really holds the students responsible for their own learning. Students learn less ... Continue Reading

Re: Teacher Gifts??? Got good ideas?

In Mom to Mom Forum 1416831162.037

On 11/23/2014 Reever said: These people have very good jobs, pensions and an inordinate amount of days off. I do not give them any gifts. Sorry if I sound like an old tim curmudgeon but they make more money than I do and no one gives me a gift for doing my job. Please have a Blessed Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas. I hope someone says something nice to you doing this holiday season. Continue Reading

Re: What is the free software that can take the place of Office?

In Electronics Talk 1416829415.623

The computer being offered for Black Friday is a HP item # E226800. If your neighbor wants a Dell, buy direct from the company. Continue Reading

Re: vhs to dvd, advice/product suggestions needed

In Electronics Talk 1416799233.837

On 11/23/2014 dmod nj said: glb, thanks for the link. :) nutmeg, yes, all my tvs are HD. Thanks for the reminder. I had not thought of that. In what general area of Jersey do you live? I am in northwestern Jersey. think, I am just interested in my own home movies. Lynn, hubby says the same thing about what he sees on QVC. Zhills, thank you for the cable name. Some of the tapes will bew from an old camcorder. Thank you so much for your suggestions and taking the time to post. I appreciate it. :) I live close to NYC. Continue Reading

Re: Now that's entertainment!! Bruno Mars on SNL last night.

In Viewpoints 1416784839.663

Burns Mars is such a talented artist. I watch SNL for the musicians. I loved Prince a few weeks ago. Continue Reading

Re: The Sisterhood: Becoming Nuns Premieres November 25 on Lifetime Channel

In Viewpoints 1416783409.707

On 11/23/2014 Claire Voyant said: Is there nothing that is sacred anymore? This is a nice way for people to see the life of a nun. Most religious groups need money. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 472
1 2 3 4 ...472Next