Labor Day Weekend Clearance
93 Members and 9162 Guests Online

MissLynn's Activity

Re: RLM at 1:AM

In Jewelry Talk 1408482493.117

There will be new items in this show. If you look at the RLM section there are 4 new items currently listed, all in white bronze. Continue Reading

Re: Lost My Crown Eating a Cherry Sour Ball - My Dentist is Booked

In Health & Fitness 1403629718.92

I've had a crown re-cemented a couple of times. I try not to chew with it now so it will stay in - it's toward the front of my mouth so a little easier to avoid while chewing. I found the Dentemp O.S. in my grocery store for about $1.99 and purchased it to have on hand and when I go on vacation. I haven't had to use it yet, but it seems a fairly easy temporary fix. Continue Reading

Re: Diabetics A1C goal??

In Health & Fitness 1401558331.183

On 5/31/2014 violann said: I got a copy of my last testing yesterday, and my a1c was 5 and FBS was 80. These are my best scores in years and years. Very happy. Congratulations! I went for labs yesterday, as I have a DR appointment next week. My FBG when I got out of bed was 73, and when I got home from the lab, before I ate, I took it again and it was 81, so it will be interesting to see what number the lab gets. Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1401465901.99

On 5/30/2014 namealreadytaken said: Any of you who are not medical doctors, please quit giving out medical advice, like telling others their blood sugar is too high or too low, the HgbA1c is not right, that they should not take cholesterol medication, that they should quit taking their potassium. Lipid-lowering drugs can be the only protection some heart patients have. I think doctors know more about the patient's condition than forum members. That is what doctors are for, to treat the patients. Please quit giving out, what could be, life-threatening/life-or-death advice. Potassium is a neces... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1401316020.337

emmiesmom, You need to ask about lite salt and other substitutes that include potassium if you are also taking a supplement, especially if your diet also includes potassium rich foods. It may not be a problem for you, but it's best to ask. Too much potassium can cause heart issues. Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1401315654.487

Yes, everyone is different, so I personally have learned to eat to my meter and let that decide how many carbs and what kind I can handle. My goal is to stay as close to non-diabetic numbers as I can and right now my meter numbers are good. I go in for blood work on Friday and I have a Dr appointment a week later, so we shall see how well the lab says I'm doing.;) I was sent to diabetic educators who pretty much subscribed to the one size fits all theory that you should eat 45 carbs per meal and a few 15 carb snacks per day. And although that gave me fairly good numbers for a diabetic, tha... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1401314330.373

On 5/28/2014 emmiesmom said: <em>Iam,you have found your perfect number, thats why this disease is so hard to control, imo. Because we all are different! I think my number is 5.4, I feel better, I have put on weight and am hopeful I will get better, complication wise, anyway. My doctor has me taking potassium for my blood pressure. Its working as my BP has been good! I too experience swelling in my fingers and sometimes my ankles. I like salt and glad to know about the Morton Lite salt!! I will be getting some. Thats why I love these diabetic posts, I have learned so much! I'm glad you'... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1401127290.313

I was at 5.8 in February, down from 7.3 when I was diagnosed with T2 last June, and my doctor was very happy. I'm aiming for below 5.7 and will be more than happy with that. My usual fasting these days is 70 - 90 and my daily goals are 120 or less 1 hour after meals, less than 100 at the 2 hour mark. Unless I splurge, I usually hit them. I take 500 mg of Metformin once a day (down from 2 a day) and other than that manage on diet and exercise. Continue Reading

Re: Honora Ming Pearls

In Jewelry Talk 1390548554.957

On 1/23/2014 jetts_mom said: OK, here's a link to see it. I took shots of the 2 pearls that had the best secondary colors, too. Between the house lighting, and my camera that doesn't feel very well lately after being dropped, the pics leave a bit to be desired! For what it's worth, I also think it is a very pretty necklace. I'm not crazy about yellow either, but you may see the color shift a little in different light. In any case, I've found that I do need to live with pearl necklaces for several days before making up my mind. Quite often necklaces that don't wow me at first really grow o... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 47
1 2 3 4 ...47Next