Boot Boutique
149 Members and 11327 Guests Online

Sammycat1's Activity

Re: Tiggi, my Maine Coon, may have cancer :(

In Pet Lovers 1411083818.867

Indy, such a great report on Miss Tiggi -- so glad to hear she's doing well. I never needed a lot of appetite stimulant on the Schmoo Man, either, and they kind of "ramped him up." A heart rate around 30 is OK though -- higher is a problem. We're praying for your fighter girl to have many happy days ahead!!! Continue Reading

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter

In Pet Lovers 1410996314.903

Wednesday report: Lately I've been missing Schmoo more than usual, and our little rituals together. I think every time one season turns into the next, I get a little down. I try to have his spirit -- he loved the mini-tornadoes of dry autumn leaves caught in a burst of wind! -- but the fact is, I'm not as resilient as he was. So for tonight, I just wanted to post a little photo of our day-to-day routine -- I know it's special only to me but I bet you have routines of your own with your furry loved ones, too. In this photo, Schmoo is basically saying to me: "I'm on my orthopedic bed with ... Continue Reading

In Pet Lovers 1410910935.467

Tuesday report: It's good to hear from Streetangel and her house with Gracie and Radar -- hope Radar's back continues to improve. That little stinker, he's a jumper! You all have been asking about the Kitty Sitter and how she's doing coping with the loss of Kiki. She's coming along. Yesterday was painful; it marked two months since she lost her. When I ask my friend what she'll be doing on a given day, she'll say, "Oh, just hanging out at home with the Kiki-Girl --" then stop, realizing that's not true anymore. Still, next month she'll be heading to a national conference about helping pe... Continue Reading

In Pet Lovers 1410823107.483

Monday report: Ever have a day, or a week, that you wanted to erase from your life? Maybe it was too busy, too frustrating, too backbreaking .... pretty much just everything "too." On rare occasions, Schmoo did too. He was quite the poser, as the Schmoo Clan knows, even able to pose in such a way that said: "I don't feeling like posing" -- when in truth, he was posing all the same. Well sometimes, he really meant it. And just like Duchess Kate or Brad Pitt or any big-name celebrity, Schmoo had days when he wanted the paparazzi -- a.k.a. "Mommy" -- to stop with the photos already. Here is... Continue Reading

In Pet Lovers 1410728290.76

Sunday report: Today's Schmoo Tale is for Tissyanne, who is grieving for her beloved father, and those of you facing setbacks and hurts. The Clan of Schmoo stands with you. All of us, we've lost. Sometimes so unbearably that it feels as though our insides have been shredded. On Tuesday, it will be four months since DH lost his father...and they are times, right in the middle of the ordinariness of living, that his face will fall and the tears spring to the eyes. And all we can do is provide comfort to one another, give a place of solace where the healing can begin and find some level of s... Continue Reading

Re: I NEED ADVICE ON MY BRAND NEW KITTY !!!

In Pet Lovers 1410666764.557

Hello, Cat Mom for nearly 40 years here -- First, double-check with a quick call to your vet and describe this behavior. Sometimes a medical problem is causing it. Sometimes this behavior indicates a vitamin deficiency of a dental/gum problems. If given the OK on his health, then: 1. Get him some interactive toys to play with instead! Kittens have a LOT of energy and curiosity -- and need several play sessions a day for mental stimulation and physical development. - those plastic "track ball" circles -- they love to try to get at the ping-pong ball inside of the track. He can entertain himsel... Continue Reading

In Pet Lovers 1410646445.143

Saturday report: A cold and damp day to start, but finally the sun has broken out from behind the clouds. Still an "early fall" raw kind of day. Which leads to today's Schmoo Tale, when we revisit the delicate balance of power between Schmoo and Sophie or Schmoo and Fergus. Sophie, a master of passive-aggressive tactics, knew how to push Schmoo's buttons...to a point. Then things would turn dark. As in the photo below. Sophie's in Schmoo's preferred desktop bed. Sometimes he'd get up there and stare at her. Usually that didn't work -- she'd feign disinterest. Then he'd march around a ... Continue Reading

In Pet Lovers 1410570991.423

Friday report: Fall is starting to work its way into our area. Oh, it's still in the mid 70s, but the humid air is blowing away and the leaves are starting to turn. It reminds me that it's another fall season without my Schmoo Bear, but when I get a little melancholy, I head to my photos and my spirits perk up again. Here are Schmoo and his co-conspirator Sophie on one cool, lazy morning after a sleep-in day, dawdling in their coffee and enjoying some extra comfy moments on rumpled flannel sheets and blankies. This is their version of "Me Time": Continue Reading

Re: 8PM show - Who is ready for the Ripka train?

In Judith Ripka 1410570119.66

Night, night all! Always great fun to chat! Continue Reading

Re: 8PM show - Who is ready for the Ripka train?

In Judith Ripka 1410569894.307

Kappy, unfortunately, my cc's still work even with solar flares! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 633
1 2 3 4 ...633Next