151 Members and 11978 Guests Online

Sammycat1's Activity

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter

In Pet Lovers 1430184971.463

Monday report: ShopTillYouDrop, thanks for your kind words -- and I hope your Mom and pups are doing well. Tonight I was talking with the Kitty Sitter, who has been going gangbusters volunteering at shelters in California. At one, there's a 15-year-old kitty named Chubby who has stolen her heart, much like Schmoo did. His family essentially dumped him at the shelter shortly after they adopted a kitten. Surprise, surprise, a geriatric cat slowing down didn't get along with a kitten -- so instead of trying to resolve the situation, they dumped their lifelong pet, the old one, when he needed th... Continue Reading

In Pet Lovers 1430096541.72

Sunday report: Today's Schmoo Tale is in follow-up to yesterday's report. In the photo below, Schmoo has an eye infection. He had several in succession that were stubborn to clear when we first adopted him, and they made him slightly miserable. Of course, SophSoph was right there, still basking in the glow of her new big brother. Although he was feeling low, he never hissed or swatted her away -- and tolerated her taking over his area while he recovered. When heart failure struck him many years later, and he needed his space and quiet, his sister repaid the favor of his restraint of many y... Continue Reading

In Pet Lovers 1430018189.517

Saturday report: I thought I'd share with you one of the earliest photos to emerge of Sophie's "Me Too" behavior with Schmoo. After Sammy died, Soph was in a deep depression -- until Schmoo came along. Almost is disbelief that she'd acquired a new "big brother," Soph stuck to Schmoo like glue. Literally. They bonded almost immediately. And she followed him everywhere -- from feeding stations to window perches to litter box moments. If he was laying on one side of a bed, she'd go to that side; if he moved the other, she moved there, too. He indulged her, for the most part. But you can see... Continue Reading

In Pet Lovers 1429933311.9

Friday report: There's good news this Friday in that Tigger the kitty came through her surgery well today! The Kitty Sitter also sent me pictures from her visit to the original "Cat Cafe" in San Francisco -- a non-profit organization where you can make a reservation to hang out with cats who need to be adopted in a more relaxed setting, hence, the "cafe" part. I'll try to post those this weekend. This evening I found a great picture that speaks to Schmoo's size. My first two cats were females, so the beds I bought them were average in size. When Sammy the Cat came along, I had to go lar... Continue Reading

Re: Special Prayers For Tigger

In Pet Lovers 1429922178.537

Great news on Tigger!! I hope Mama and kitty can both get a good night's rest tonight -- and of course we will keep her in our prayers. Continue Reading

In Pet Lovers 1429846538.58

Thursday report: NAES, thanks for your thoughtful post today. Schmoo was a big cat and his confinement was in the cage at the shelter -- they let him out to have exercise of course. He was there for many months. However, the hardest part of his life was before that...he was abandoned in a foreclosure home, left to fend for himself. He also had suffered blows to his body that led to other health problems (we found all of this out later). Still, he always trusted us and his heart remained opened to us. I request a special prayer for the poster Luvboyds' girl kitty named Tigger, who is having su... Continue Reading

Re: Special Prayers For Tigger

In Pet Lovers 1429836368.3

Sending prayers for Tigger the night before her big day! Try to stay positive that she's getting excellent care and your vet will be doing the very best for her. Update us when you're able! Continue Reading

Re: Special Candlelight/Prayer Ceremony To Celebrate The Lives Of Our Beloved Furbabies Who Reside At The Bridge Sunday 8 PM

In Pet Lovers 1429833476.673

On 4/23/2015 blessed10 said: I just found this thread today, but I too wanted to add a candle for our beautiful sheltie, Shelby. It was 7 weeks ago today we lost her at the age of 16, but it still came without warning. It is a grief like we have never known, my husband & I. I miss her so much it takes my breath sometimes. She was grace, she was love, she was unconditional. Love you doodle-bug. Shelby is a beautiful girl!. I'm sure you are still reeling from the shock, but we're so glad you came here and shared your beloved girl with us. Prayers for you and your husband for peace... Continue Reading

Re: OT/My brother is being honored at the veterans hospital he worked at

In Pet Lovers 1429833155.627

What a fabulous tribute to a remarkable man! He touched so many lives in a positive way -- and I'll bet you are beaming with pride for your brother. Thanks for sharing this wonderful news with us! Continue Reading

Re: Brodie, 2002 - 2014, In Memoriam

In Pet Lovers 1429797159.763

Oh, they pull at our hearts, long after they continue their journey into Heaven. Nothing gave me greater comfort than getting "eight paws up" from Brodie and Anika during Schmoo's illness. And no pup gave more to all in its orbit; no pup could be treasured more. Godspeed, dear Brodie! Your Mama misses you deeply and we remember you fondly! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 713
1 2 3 4 ...713Next