TSV(R) Preview
71 Members and 14848 Guests Online

Sammycat1's Activity

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter

In Pet Lovers 1413930364.74

Tuesday report: It's been so warm on the battlefield that many insects -- like the orange Asian beetles -- have kicked into production again, swarming about...and, you guessed it, this leads to today's Schmoo Tale. True to his feline predatory roots, Schmoo hunted anything that moved -- or had the potential to move. Even at the vet's, when they had the air conditioning on the fritz and they had to open windows, his head whipped back and forth as birds and bugs had the audacity to traipse past his exam room's window. Nothing got on his nerves more than the infamous stink bug. These are bugs fr... Continue Reading

Re: It Kept Calling My Name...Had To Get It!!

In Judith Ripka 1413851840.02

I'm glad you not only listened to the voice, but you gave in to it! Enjoy -- I have this sparkler in silver and love it. Continue Reading

In Pet Lovers 1413851595.807

Monday report: Beastielove, the Kitty Sitter phoned me tonight from the Best Friends place and sends her regards. She will retire next month and this trip is first to a conference in Vegas re: the challenges of shelters with a visit to the Best Friends place in Utah as a part of it. The Kitty Sitter isn't sure exactly where she'll fit in to her "second" career, and is attending this with the hope of finding where she can best serve. Tomorrow she gets a tour of their entire operation then tomorrow afternoon and all day Wednesday she'll be in "Cat World" exclusively. One night this week the con... Continue Reading

Re: Ripkanista dog/animal lovers O/T - my Yorkie Paris II

In Judith Ripka 1413839590.14

Hi Peach, just checking in to see how you and your family are coping. I wanted also to recommend a brief illustrated book. Although it was initially done for children, it's messages are timeless and it gave me great comfort when our Fergus died. There's a version for cats, too. These are priceless and I still read them often when feeling low about furbabies we've loved and lost: "For Every Dog, An Angel" -- by Christine Davis. Continue Reading

In Pet Lovers 1413758602.523

Sunday report: Thanks for your kind comments on Sophie from yesterday's post. Today's post answers Tissyanne's question of the other day -- and in so doing, honors our Schmoo, who we lost 1 1/2 years ago today. Tissyanne wanted to know how the Kitty Sitter is doing. Even as I respond to this question, she's beginning her retirement career: on the plane to a national conference about helping shelter animals and working specifically at the Best Friends Cat Sanctuary in Utah. When Kiki-Girl died, the Kitty Sitter knew it was time to retire from her primary career and spend the rest of her life h... Continue Reading

In Pet Lovers 1413678651.397

Saturday report: Usually the Schmoo report contains stories and photos about him and his antics. Tonight, instead, we pay tribute to his sister, SophSoph. She died three years ago tonight of sudden heart failure. She was an ornery, spirited, playful, magical, loyal and loving member of our family -- and far more special than any words I could string together. Photo #1: Under my vanity awaiting her Friskies treats giving me the "radar eye:" Photo 2: Underneath her ottoman having a little "me time:" Photo 3: Doing what she loved most, being "Me Too" Kitty and emulating her older brother:... Continue Reading

Re: My girls are turning 14 nd 18 this weekend....... yikes!

In Pet Lovers 1413673420.187

Happy Birthday to two young ladies who are among the best we've ever known -- from the Mom and Dad of Schmoo. Continue Reading

Re: Ripkanista dog/animal lovers O/T - my Yorkie Paris II

In Judith Ripka 1413592487.37

Peach, I know we will be with them again. Here's a few pics of our last 3 furbabies who now welcome Pootie to the bridge: Fergus the collie: Sophie the kitty (who loved to wear Ripka): And my soul-mate furbaby, Mister Schmoo: Continue Reading

Page 1 of 646
1 2 3 4 ...646Next